PDA

View Full Version : How come a team full of nba players couldn't beat the czech republic?

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 06:21 PM
Always here about how much better this generation is but a team full of nba talent couldn't beat a bunch of nobody's from czech republic. Thoughts?

welfarefan
07-04-2021, 06:33 PM
reminds me of when the Dream Team couldn't win a game vs college kids

j3lademaster
07-04-2021, 06:34 PM
Doesn't this prove that there's a bigger talent pool today of players who are comparable to nba players?

edit: just because they're not in the nba doesn't mean they aren't necessarily "good enough". The top 10, top 20 guys in the NBA? We can be pretty sure they're the 10 or 20 best in the world. Hell, maybe even the top 100 or 200, I don't know the exact number. But as far as roleplayers go the NBA picks up the ones who suit its stars, not necessarily the best complete basketball players.

Also, it's a team sport. You can't just lump together a group of individually superior players and automatically assume they'd win.

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 06:38 PM
reminds me of when the Dream Team couldn't win a game vs college kids

Well you clearly don't know your history because they they did win a game vs the college team. Shouldn't comment about shit when you don' have a clue what your talking about.

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 06:40 PM
Doesn't this prove that there's a bigger talent pool today of players who are comparable to nba players?

No that dosn't prove that at all but it's definitely one of the possibilities

welfarefan
07-04-2021, 06:43 PM
Well you clearly don't know your history because they they did win a game vs the college team. Shouldn't comment about shit when you don' have a clue what your talking about.

you seem extremely upset, nice meltdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCJFI6ycA3k

Gohan
07-04-2021, 06:45 PM

little fanny boy, little bronny boy is correct team usa did beat the college team. don't go back to the shadows on me now

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 08:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCJFI6ycA3k

Nah just stating facts buddy. College team won one and nba team won one. Nice try though. That's what guys like u do when u get called out on your b.s trolling. you can't say anything because u know your wrong so you just say your melting down. Apparently facts is melting down now:facepalm

RRR3
07-04-2021, 08:51 PM
Dumbdumb23 with YET ANOTHER meltdown :roll:

Trollsmasher
07-04-2021, 09:05 PM
You're next, Americans

time to break the buck

ralph_i_el
07-04-2021, 09:11 PM
There are guys in europe.making 5-10 million after taxes. That's like 8-14m per year as an NBA contract. Those guys are on the level of their similarly paid peers in the NBA. Players go where they will get paid the most. Lots of these European role players are just as good as NBA role players. The difference is, the NBA can afford to buy all the stars.

Sato is a good NBA player. Vesely was played out of position in the NBA and was not given time to fill out. He would be a good NBA player now.

NBAGOAT
07-04-2021, 09:14 PM
There are guys in europe.making 5-10 million after taxes. That's like 8-14m per year as an NBA contract. Those guys are on the level of their similarly paid peers in the NBA. Players go where they will get paid the most. Lots of these European role players are just as good as NBA role players. The difference is, the NBA can afford to buy all the stars.

we saw how good campazzo was already.

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 09:19 PM
Dumbdumb23 with YET ANOTHER meltdown :roll:

My poimt exactly RRRRRRRRRRR3 the stutterer with another typical unintelligent response :facepalm

Lebron23
07-04-2021, 09:23 PM
FIBA Rules. And that Czech team are playing for a couple of years. The international teams since 2004 were better than the teams in 1992 and 1996.

Real Men Wear Green
07-04-2021, 09:30 PM
We care when Team USA loses (Which happened just last games). We do not care when Team Canada loses. If you asked me who their best player was I would guess Andrew Wiggins not because I feel convinced he is their best player but because the only players of theirs I can think of are him and Anthony Benett. If/when KD and Tatum lose then we will have something worth talking about.

RRR3
07-04-2021, 09:34 PM
Durrrrrrrrrrrr
:lol

Ass Dan
07-05-2021, 12:47 AM
1 - that team had no size
2 - that team was together for a short period
3 - a lot of Euro teams play together all the way up the age brackets and mesh well
4 - Canada Basketball cannot be successful with the current model
5 - Canada could have put a team together with guys not there that would have won the tournament (Shai, Murray, Dillon Brooks, Tristan T, Okynyk. With Birch, Brissett, Brandon Clarke and Chris Boucher off the bench)

Size matters in FIBA and none of the bigs (except Dwight Powell) came to play

G-train
07-05-2021, 12:53 AM
USA won't medal. They are competing in a different sport due to how much the NBA has catered to entertainment.

Spain_
07-05-2021, 09:24 AM
There are a lot of players in the world that are good enough to play meaningful NBA minutes, way too many for the job openings available on NBA teams.
There is a circumstance factor about which of those guys make the league, what college you went to, do the scouts know you etc.
American players have an advantage because the NBA is an American league, they develop in the us system, us scouts know them etc.
I'm not saying this to complain it's expected for a league to favor talent they are familiar with over people from overseas.
But there are hundreds of players outside the US(a lot them American too) that are talented enough to be on an NBA roster, quite a few could probably be starters too, look at guys like Ingles and Bogdanovic, there are a lot of players like that in euroleague and even eurocup level teams.
Also a lot of the time players that are established will just not really pursue going to the NBA, because they are usually in their mid to late 20s making a lot of money in places they are familiar with and don't feel like taking the risk of going to the US.
This happened with Llull who was offered 3 years 20 mil years ago but rejected it because he would rather be the captain in the biggest team in his country over being just another guy in a foreign country where he would be treated as a rookie.

Spain_
07-05-2021, 09:27 AM
There are a lot of players in the world that are good enough to play meaningful NBA minutes, way too many for the job openings available on NBA teams.
There is a circumstance factor about which of those guys make the league, what college you went to, do the scouts know you etc.
American players have an advantage because the NBA is an American league, they develop in the us system, us scouts know them etc.
I'm not saying this to complain it's expected for a league to favor talent they are familiar with over people from overseas.
But there are hundreds of players outside the US(a lot them American too) that are talented enough to be on an NBA roster, quite a few could probably be starters too, look at guys like Ingles and Bogdanovic, there are a lot of players like that in euroleague and even eurocup level teams.
Also a lot of the time players that are established will just not really pursue going to the NBA, because they are usually in their mid to late 20s making a lot of money in places they are familiar with and don't feel like taking the risk of going to the US.
This happened with Llull who was offered 3 years 20 mil years ago but rejected it because he would rather be the captain in the biggest team in his country over being just another guy in a foreign country where he would be treated as a rookie.

Point is, talent disparity is less than you think it is.

paksat
07-05-2021, 09:39 AM
the fact there are sooo many euro's in the nba now should tell you everything

people say this era is elite, i disagree

the early 2000's is peak basketball, you take that era and put together a 15 man squad like there is no way:

tracy mcgrady
kobe bryant
kevin garnett
shaq
dwyane wade
cp3
ray allen
tim duncan
allen iverson
gilbert arenas
amare stoudemire
mike bibby

alone are losing to ANYBODY

getting_old
07-05-2021, 11:21 AM
Canada just can't win, it can't

putting out NBA talent when they are basically differing talent-levels of the same kind of player won't help

so depressing watching FIBA ball, criminally low levels of flow and swag and great things happening out there....

anyone on here watch Euro league or actually attended games and cheered for a local team while living there?

Gohan
07-05-2021, 11:53 AM
the fact there are sooo many euro's in the nba now should tell you everything

people say this era is elite, i disagree

the early 2000's is peak basketball, you take that era and put together a 15 man squad like there is no way:

Tracy mcgrady
kobe bryant
kevin garnett
shaq
dwyane wade
cp3
ray allen
tim duncan
allen iverson
gilbert arenas
amare stoudemire
mike bibby

alone are losing to anybody

this unbeatable

Ass Dan
07-05-2021, 02:37 PM
They did beat Greece handily and Satoransky did bank in the winner so a bit fluky.

That Canada team had no size tho