PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Finals MVP Discussion Thread.

Naero
07-05-2021, 12:56 AM
We'll discuss the Finals MVP frontrunner here as the series unfolds, revisiting it on a game-by-game basis.

In the meantime, let's get the ball rolling by establishing the preseries favorite. Vote for your likeliest-looking candidate, and share your rationale ITT.

MaxPlayer
07-05-2021, 12:59 AM
I'm guessing Phoenix wins with Giannis a question mark. CP3's scoring will likely be limited by Jrue, who's been playing some elite D.

So I will go with Booker for FMVP.

ImKobe
07-05-2021, 01:46 PM
Giannis

Easily the best player in the series, even if he's not a 100%. The only concern is that he has another bad fall, but if he can play 35+ mpg, he'll have 30/10/5 averages at the very least.

Gohan
07-05-2021, 01:52 PM
Giannis

Easily the best player in the series, even if he's not a 100%. The only concern is that he has another bad fall, but if he can play 35+ mpg, he'll have 30/10/5 averages at the very least.

im hoping giannis wins it would kind of make lebron look bad though cause he didnt stay loyal like greek

MaxPlayer
07-05-2021, 01:58 PM
im hoping giannis wins it would kind of make lebron look bad though cause he didnt stay loyal like greek

LeBron also never had a supporting cast that won a conference title without him.

Gohan
07-05-2021, 02:16 PM
lebron also never had a supporting cast that won a conference title without him.

you can say kevin durant has though lol

ImKobe
07-05-2021, 03:02 PM
LeBron also never had a supporting cast that won a conference title without him.

Let's be fair, both teams were essentially down their best player. Bucks likely win in 5 if Giannis doesn't go down. Trae played hurt in Game 6 and helped the Bucks win with his 4/17 performance tbh.

Yeah, that's what I'm rooting for. Giannis stayed loyal to the small market team that drafted him. He might be the next face of this league if he fixes some of his shooting issues so he'd be the perfect player to win it this season. We don't need to see CP3 cakewalking his way to a ring with everyone injured.

dreamshake
07-05-2021, 03:05 PM
Torrey Craig

Naero
07-06-2021, 08:41 PM
Because I believe the Suns will win and don't expect any Buck to significantly outperform their frontrunner, I voted Booker. I'd usually be skeptical about his youth and inexperience on the biggest stage, but he's had a mammoth chip on his shoulder and has stepped up accordingly this postseason. I could see him having a field day with our P&R coverage when/if we decide to drop deep again.

Unless we impossibly steal both series-opening road games without Giannis, I'd still consider him our preseries favorite. If we drop one or both of the first two before Giannis returns en route to winning it all, he'll all but seal his case over the rest of the Bucks with a series-turning narrative a la Iggy in 2015.

Khris or Jrue can easily get a foothold in the race during this road trip as well; after all, if we steal one of these first-two games withour our best player, it'll likely be behind their hot hands. Problem is, they each have at least one or two cold-handed games every series that have us haranguing about their contracts, and that could fatally sink their chances.

Gohan
07-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Let's be fair, both teams were essentially down their best player. Bucks likely win in 5 if Giannis doesn't go down. Trae played hurt in Game 6 and helped the Bucks win with his 4/17 performance tbh.

Yeah, that's what I'm rooting for. Giannis stayed loyal to the small market team that drafted him. He might be the next face of this league if he fixes some of his shooting issues so he'd be the perfect player to win it this season. We don't need to see CP3 cakewalking his way to a ring with everyone injured.

if cp3 wins he's just gonna be vastly overrated for what he's done. im not tryna hate on cp3 because i usually root for his team.

Naero
07-07-2021, 01:10 AM
Chris Paul is the clear frontrunner as of tonight. He ran circles around our P&R defense, and his jumpshot looked as unconscious as ever. Not sure how sustainable that'll be, however; we can only defend him better moving forward, and the 36-year-old is bound to look his age for a game or two as the series hauls on.

Kash is slightly outdistancing Giannis as the Bucks' frontrunner (assuming we win), though I expect Giannis to overtake him as he continues reconditioning himself and as Khris—I hope I'm wrong—goes into another one of his inevitable slumps.

Naero
07-11-2021, 10:49 PM
CP3 is once again comfortably outdistancing Booker in the race, who really set himself back with his 3-14 shooting tonight.

Giannis has virtually locked up the award contingent that we win, though that’s still too much of a longshot to bet on at the moment. He should easily be the series-best player when it’s all said and done, but probably not transcendently enough to get serious Finals MVP consideration in a losing effort.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-11-2021, 10:50 PM
If Bucks win, Giannis. If Suns win, CP3.

It's already too deep into the series with bad performances from their teammates to catch up now.

tanibanana
07-11-2021, 10:55 PM
As of after game-3

if Bucks win, 100% its Giannis.
if Suns win, 70% its CP3, and Ayton/Booker share that 30% chance.

Another good game for CP3 (with the Suns winning), then its safe to say its in his bag already.

Naero
07-15-2021, 12:15 AM
Now it's discussable again for the Suns' candidates.

Booker just edged out CP3 in the race tonight, though he'll need to outplay the PG in at least one winning effort to lock up the award. CP3 is bound to bounce back, but limitedly so; he looked visibly fatigued tonight, and he's unlikely to rejuvenate that drastically as the series hauls on.

Khris was arguably our MVP tonight, but it's still Giannis's award to lose if we actually win it all.

hold this L
07-15-2021, 12:18 AM
For me 4 games done so far

Bucks win - 70% Giannis, 30% Middleton
Suns win - 40% Booker, 35% CP3, 25% Ayton

tanibanana
07-15-2021, 03:58 AM

On point...

Mr.GOAT2408
07-15-2021, 08:55 AM

This looks about right to me

DMAVS41
07-15-2021, 11:23 AM

I understand that Middleton played great last night, but it is Giannis at like 99% if the Bucks win this series.

He's doing 32/14/6 65% TS while playing great defense...it isn't close. He's been so good that if he keeps up this level and the Suns win in 7...he might get votes even in a loss.

Orange_Cassidy
07-15-2021, 11:31 AM
bucks win = giannis 100% if he doesn't miss any games

sun's win = Booker 60%, Paul 40%

lol@ ayton and middleton