PDA

View Full Version : How many titles would the Bad Boys win if Lebron replaced Aguirre and Dantley

coastalmarker99
07-05-2021, 06:18 AM
In a hypothetical situation where a rookie Lebron takes the place of Adrian Dantley and Mark Aguirre on those Bad Boys squads starting from the 1986-1987 season.

How many titles do you think they would have won from 1987 to 1993.

There starting five for most of that time period would have been.

Isiah

Joe

a young Lebron

Mahorn

Laimbeer

plus Rodman as the sixth man coming off the bench.

Plus another question is how well, do you think Jordan and the Bulls would have fared against them in that same time period.

coastalmarker99
07-05-2021, 06:28 AM
With hand-checking rules in place during that era.

I do seriously think that Lebron would be by far the greatest defender that Jordan would have faced in his entire career as if Lebron could keep up with a prime Rose and lock him down in the 2011 ECF

I have no doubt in my mind that Lebron could guard a gassed Jordan in the fourth effectively and make him earn every basket just as Joe or Rodman did.

RRR3
07-05-2021, 06:45 AM
This seems pretty unfair lol. They probably win every year until Isiah retired right?

coastalmarker99
07-05-2021, 06:52 AM
This seems pretty unfair lol. They probably win every year until Isiah retired right?

I mean Lebron would be entering his prime by 1991 when he would be 22 years old with already a couple of titles under his belt.

So maybe his production means the Pistons once again beat the Bulls that season and win another title which prevents Jordan from winning his first ring.

coastalmarker99
07-05-2021, 06:55 AM

Also, it is funny to think a young LeBron would have killed little Jordan

As Lebron weights, as much as Laimbeer let that sink in.

And now with him in the 1980's you are allowing him to use hand-checking and play dirty as he wants to.

iamgine
07-05-2021, 08:18 AM
Probably a lot.

But you replace a solid player with an all time great, you're bound to win many. i.e replace Mahorn with Tim Duncan. Or replace Aguirre with Bird.

getting_old
07-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Bad Boys only won because Larry and Magic had their primes cut way way short

the first Det title was based on Scott and Magic out and David Rivers having to carry the Lakers backcourt