PDA

View Full Version : Spot the imposter, fraud, the fake, or the counterfeit.

Kblaze8855
07-05-2021, 04:59 PM
Simple. Give me the imposter in all these lists….or…tell me the list does not contain an outlier justifying such a label. Just one. No multiples per list. One name….or no names. Assume the lists are whatever you think. Specific skill based….whatever your first instinct is regarding why the players are listed together. Give me the outlier as you see it….or tell me there isn’t one.

Joakim Noah
Gobert
Mutombo
Tyson Chandler
Ben Wallace
Marcus Camby

Paul Pierce
Vince Carter
Paul George
Nique
Melo

Peja
Klay
Glen Rice
Reggie Miller
Chris Mullin

Durant
Kobe
Harden
Jordan
Steph

Rick Carlisle
Larry Brown
Nick Nurse
Erik Spoelstra
Rudy T

Embiid
David Robinson
Hakeem
Jokic
Ewing

Rondo
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
John Stockton
Mark Jackson

Derrick Rose
Baron Davis
John Wall
Westbrook
Steve Francis

Shouldn’t take 30 seconds.

I leave you to it.

SouBeachTalents
07-05-2021, 05:12 PM
Chandler

Vince

Rice

Harden

Nurse

Ewing

Jackson

Francis

highwhey
07-05-2021, 05:14 PM
OP

ArbitraryWater
07-05-2021, 05:15 PM
Gobert

Pierce

Miller

Kobe/Harden

Carlisle

Ewing

Rondo (for sucking 4 years)

Basically has a lot to do with repuation, took who was most overrated to me.

Kblaze8855
07-05-2021, 05:19 PM
OP

I was wondering if that would be the first reply in some form. Also if anyone would realize the title is from E40….who I hate to listen to rap…except for like 6 songs where he acts normally. Odd guy. I love him when I don’t hate him.

MadDog
07-05-2021, 05:20 PM
Gobert\Camby

Melo

Peja

Harden

Nick Nurse - think he's an OK coach, but "counterfeit" compared to the rest

Ewing - great player, not as good as the others though

Mark Jackson

Francis

Proctor
07-05-2021, 06:52 PM
Gobert
Melo
Rice
Harden
Larry Brown
Embiid
Rondo
Francis

Im Still Ballin
07-05-2021, 07:16 PM
Camby is clearly the outlier in the first list.

Gohan
07-05-2021, 07:17 PM
camby is clearly the outlier in the first list.

one of the biggest frauds to ever play the game next to fraudlips(billups)

Kblaze8855
07-05-2021, 07:20 PM
I wasn’t sure where people were on him. I made a topic on rim protectors years ago and several had him as maybe the best they ever saw so I decided to put him in the mix.

Im Still Ballin
07-05-2021, 07:21 PM
one of the biggest frauds to ever play the game next to fraudlips(billups)

I capitalized the first letter. There was no need to edit what I posted.

tpols
07-05-2021, 07:24 PM
Chandler

Vince

Rice

Harden

Nurse

Ewing

Jackson

Francis

Ewing was better than Embiid and Vince Carter easily better than Melo.

Im Still Ballin
07-05-2021, 07:25 PM
I wasn’t sure where people were on him. I made a topic on rim protectors years ago and several had him as maybe the best they ever saw so I decided to put him in the mix.

One of those Hassan Whiteside types. Lots of blocks, but not the defensive impact you'd assume.

999Guy
07-05-2021, 07:25 PM
Tyson Chandler and Marcus Camby by far

Carmelo Anthony and Wilkins by far

Durant

Carlisle

Ewing by far the guy basically got aids every playoff run

Rondo, by far on such a level

Westbrook is way too legitimate for that group

Wall is somehow still a fraud. Francis close I guess.

Can’t honestly say I know Rice’s game but I know Klay is overrated.

Im Still Ballin
07-05-2021, 07:29 PM
Ewing was better than Embiid and Vince Carter easily better than Melo.

Was he? Let's not let nostalgia -- or recency bias -- cloud our judgement. Embiid just had an incredible season, dominating both ends of the court. If it weren't for injuries, he'd have won the MVP. He dominated in the post, shot well from all over, and defended well.

Embiid has proven he'd be right up there with the 90's centers. He's got the body of Dikembe, and the skillset of Hakeem. Doesn't mean he's better than Olajuwon, I'm just speaking stylistically.

tpols
07-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Was he? Let's not let nostalgia -- or recency bias -- cloud our judgement. Embiid just had an incredible season, dominating both ends of the court. If it weren't for injuries, he'd have won the MVP. He dominated in the post, shot well from all over, and defended well.

Embiid has proven he'd be right up there with the 90's centers. He's got the body of Dikembe, and the skillset of Hakeem. Doesn't mean he's better than Olajuwon, I'm just speaking stylistically.

Embiid lost to Trae Young and the baby hawks. Ewing used to come a hair away from leading a team with John Starks as his 2nd option to beating the GOAT Bulls. Its just another level of intensity and leadership from Pat Ewing. Embiid has the jumpshooting skill but hes soft.

FKAri
07-05-2021, 07:51 PM
Embiid over Ewing. Even good knees Ewing didn't have the total package that Embiid has. Embiid is a monster talent. Best traditional 5 in a long long time.

Melo over Vince. Though I'd argue Vince was on a trajectory of being better had he not hurt his knee as well as the accompanying change in mentality.

ArbitraryWater
07-05-2021, 07:55 PM
Ewing isn't even close to Embiid.

Im Still Ballin
07-05-2021, 08:29 PM
If Dwight was Alonzo Mourning tier, Embiid is in that 90's big 4 tier. I'd have him above Ewing, but below Shaq, Hakeem, and David Robinson.

Even though Embiid appears to have a superior, more diverse offensive game, D-Rob was a machine in his prime. Super durable, and an absolute workhorse. He was kind of like the center version of Giannis.

I'm not ready to put Embiid over him. David's got the nod on defense, and durability by a mile.

PeroAntic
07-05-2021, 08:40 PM
Camby

Carter

Rice

Harden

Rudy T

DRobb

Jakcson

Rose cause hes better than all the other four.

Overdrive
07-05-2021, 09:36 PM
Marcus Camby

All the other guys are good on ball. Camby made his name from weak side blocks.

Paul Pierce

Between him and PG. Least dynamic scorers.

Glen Rice

Most on ball player of the bunch.

Harden

All the other guys won as their team's top scorer.

Erik Spoelstra

All thebothers won with underdog teams.

Jokic

Obviously...best passer among them

Mark Jackson

Halfcourt post ups..

Steve Francis

Only one with a foto of him smoking crack.

Gohan
07-05-2021, 10:08 PM
marcus camby

all the other guys are good on ball. Camby made his name from weak side blocks.

Paul pierce

between him and pg. Least dynamic scorers.

Glen rice

most on ball player of the bunch.

Harden

all the other guys won as their team's top scorer.

Erik spoelstra

all thebothers won with underdog teams.

Jokic

obviously...best passer among them

mark jackson

halfcourt post ups..

Steve francis

only one with a foto of him smoking crack.

you sir win, def on your camby point, he was a terrible defender on ball and the main reason nuggets lost to 2008 lakers in a sweep. When they got rid of camby and nene got better they got better instantly but i guess iverson ended becoming the fall guy

HBK_Kliq_2
07-05-2021, 11:29 PM
Marcus Camby

Paul George

Glen Rice

All those guys besides Jordan because they aren't on his level

Jokic

Mark Jackson

Nick Nurse

Steve Francis

kawhileonard2
07-05-2021, 11:32 PM

Embiid just lost to Try Young in his first playoffs with HCA. Ewing was beating prime Bird without HCA.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-06-2021, 12:09 AM
Marcus Camby

Paul Pierce
Vince Carter
Paul George
Nique
Melo

^--- no idea for that group they're all close together TBH

Glen Rice

Harden

Rudy T

Embiid

Mark Jackson

Westbrook
Steve Francis

Francis is the worst for peak but no one pretended he was some superstar level player like Russ.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-06-2021, 12:11 AM
Embiid over Ewing. Even good knees Ewing didn't have the total package that Embiid has. Embiid is a monster talent. Best traditional 5 in a long long time.

Melo over Vince. Though I'd argue Vince was on a trajectory of being better had he not hurt his knee as well as the accompanying change in mentality.

1990 Ewing shits on any version of Joel on either end of the floor. He was destroying alltime defensive frontcourts in the playoffs not Charmin soft bigs and defense. Far better overall defender than Joel too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbKTCuTiphA

tpols
07-06-2021, 12:32 AM
If Dwight was Alonzo Mourning tier, Embiid is in that 90's big 4 tier. I'd have him above Ewing, but below Shaq, Hakeem, and David Robinson.

Even though Embiid appears to have a superior, more diverse offensive game, D-Rob was a machine in his prime. Super durable, and an absolute workhorse. He was kind of like the center version of Giannis.

I'm not ready to put Embiid over him. David's got the nod on defense, and durability by a mile.

Peak Dwight was better than Embiid too imo. He was the only player to remind me of Shaq... Needed a double and even then it was probably a monster 2 handed jam. And super super elite defense. Way better than Alonzo at his peak

L.Kizzle
07-06-2021, 12:45 AM
Marcus Camby

Melo

Peja

Harden

Nick Nurse

Jokic

Rondo

Steve Francis

bullettooth
07-06-2021, 01:02 AM
Are you high?

imdaman99
07-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Not a huge fan of Ewing but I got to watch him when he was good. He is better than Embiid. He was battling it out with MJ every year with Starks as his 2nd option in an era where there were many great centers. Who are the great centers of this era besides Jokic?