PDA

View Full Version : Giannis is having one of the best playoff-runs of all time

ArbitraryWater
07-09-2021, 04:20 AM
He's been absolutely unreal.

If he were to cap it off with a title, it'd be some historic shit.

He legitemately has had ONE bad game which was the opener against Miami.

Every other game he's been a big net plus.

He's averaged 29/13/5 on 58% since then, and shot below 50% only twice (in one of those he had a 15-assist TD).

SouBeachTalents
07-09-2021, 06:00 AM
Idk if it's just how ugly his game is, or the embarrassing countdown that's followed him at the FT line all playoffs, but just watching him, I don't get the sense I'm watching an ATG playoff run. Just being real he hasn't even been the best player in these playoffs. If you wanna dock them points for getting eliminated early that's fine, but Durant, Kawhi & Luka were all playing at a higher level than Giannis has been in these playoffs; hell Durant clearly outplayed him h2h.

I'm not even trying to knock the guy, he's played very well this postseason and those are very impressive averages, but I honestly don't think he's even been the best player in these playoffs, let alone anything in an all time great/historical sense

RRR3
07-09-2021, 06:16 AM
Idk his team went 2-0 without him.

Manny98
07-09-2021, 07:08 AM
Carried by Middleton in the first round

Outplayed by Durant in the second round

His team won 2 games without him in the conference finals

Down 0-2 and getting outplayed by 36 year old CP3 this series

:oldlol:

07-09-2021, 07:08 AM
Just luck
Nets running through the east next season (unless they all get injured again I guess)

DoctorP
07-09-2021, 07:14 AM
Yannis is a machine, no doubt. Bucks need that foundation in the front court.

Bronbron23
07-09-2021, 07:32 AM
Idk if it's just how ugly his game is, or the embarrassing countdown that's followed him at the FT line all playoffs, but just watching him, I don't get the sense I'm watching an ATG playoff run. Just being real he hasn't even been the best player in these playoffs. If you wanna dock them points for getting eliminated early that's fine, but Durant, Kawhi & Luka were all playing at a higher level than Giannis has been in these playoffs; hell Durant clearly outplayed him h2h.

I'm not even trying to knock the guy, he's played very well this postseason and those are very impressive averages, but I honestly don't think he's even been the best player in these playoffs, let alone anything in an all time great/historical sense

This is pretty much spot on. Stats and impact wise he's up there with anyone but his inability to create in the half court in the 4th is a problem for me when comparing him to some of the games greats, currently or all time. The ugliness of his game is a problem also.

If greek can get a consistent mid and post game i do think he could dominate this era and be up there with the all time greats. His game will still be ugly but it won't matter if he's dominating and winning like shaq or kareem who also didn't have the prettiest games

ArbitraryWater
07-09-2021, 07:52 AM

I don't think Kawhi's was better at all. More off games and often padded his numbers after PG&RJ created leads.

Durant sure but he's a GOAT candidate, and Giannis outplayed him in Game 7. It wasn't a hefty margin.

Luka also pulled some GOAT shit, 40 point triple doubles or sumthing... cmon hitting 3's a step behind the line at that clip? Hard to knock someone else for not having been that amazing.

It was 1 round but I have Luka as BITW probably, so it doesnt downgrade what Giannis is doing.

So I don't think the "let alone" makes sense on your part.

It was possible to not be the best player these playoffs (which he was/is overall, clearly), and still do something in a historical sense.

ArbitraryWater
07-09-2021, 07:54 AM
This is pretty much spot on. Stats and impact wise he's up there with anyone but his inability to create in the half court in the 4th is a problem for me when comparing him to some of the games greats, currently or all time. The ugliness of his game is a problem also.

If greek can get a consistent mid and post game i do think he could dominate this era and be up there with the all time greats. His game will still be ugly but it won't matter if he's dominating and winning like shaq or kareem who also didn't have the prettiest games

Didnt seem to be a problem in a tight game 7 on the road against the Nets, when he went 3/4 from the field.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2021, 07:57 AM

You just know that’s gonna be mentioned for years by people not even remembering what happened but we literally just watched the injured Bucks play the injured Hawks and already don’t put it into context?

The Hawks with a missing and hobbled young isn’t exactly a shocking win. How many games would you expect a no Young Hawks to win? 30-35 maybe? I’d expect a no Giannis bucks to be .500 or so. I’d imagine most finals teams could take the Hawks with young missing 2 of the last 3 games. They are solid but not like say….the Nets….who can lose a guy and still put all time greats on the floor.

ImKobe
07-09-2021, 08:11 AM

2 - 0 against a team missing their best player as well you ****ing idiot.

coastalmarker99
07-09-2021, 08:13 AM

:lol:bowdown:

ImKobe
07-09-2021, 08:16 AM
:lol:bowdown:

My bad, Trae did play in the last one, but clearly was so hurt that he actually was a detriment to his team, and Bogdanovic wasn't healthy all series either.

iamgine
07-09-2021, 08:17 AM
Stat wise, he's the same or worse than the past 3 seasons.

Eye test wise, he's okay. Not ATG level at all. CP3 is having a better playoff performances.

Spain_
07-09-2021, 09:34 AM

Compare it to Dirk's championship run.
On paper it's undoubtedly worse, but people that watched it live at the time know Dirk was the best player on earth for that month's and a half.
Numbers don't tell the whole story.

Jasper
07-09-2021, 09:52 AM

He's averaged 29/13/5 on 58% since then, and shot below 50% only twice (in one of those he had a 15-assist TD).

thanks for id'ing this.
2 mvp years
Defensive player of the year
All-star MVP

Jay-B
07-09-2021, 10:01 AM
No way, not even the best player these playoffs. Big time stat padder, I feel like all I’ve seen him do is run full speed at the lane get fouled or get a few lay ins or dunks here and there. He’s overrated and I really dislike this bucks team, they had the easiest path in history to the finals and they are still not even going to win it.

coastalmarker99
07-09-2021, 10:13 AM

Imagine thinking the bucks without Giannis are better because they beat a hawks team without trae one game and then hobbled trae the next game.

Imagine putting up 42/12/4 on 15/22 shooting and people criticizing you for not making your teammates better when they had open shots and relatively easy layups the whole game. Middleton and Jrue are inconsistent af. That has nothing to do with spacing.

Why didn’t they play better when Giannis was on the bench? since he is obviously the root cause of Middleton and holiday’s struggles.

Giannis haters such as RR3 know no bounds.

Bronbron23
07-09-2021, 10:51 AM
Didnt seem to be a problem in a tight game 7 on the road against the Nets, when he went 3/4 from the field.

Yeah he was good that game but overall for his career so far he hasn't been amazing in the half-court in the 4th. He's improving though. As his mid and post game get better his performance in the clutch will too. I've been pretty high on giannis. I made a thread last year saying in 2 years greek will be the best player in the world and dominant this decade like mj did in the 90's. Everyone said i was nuts pretty sure u did too. This was based on Greeks work ethic and drive to get better which he has. He still has to improve a little bit more and if he does it's game over.

jayfan
07-09-2021, 11:01 AM
Carried by Middleton in the first round

Outplayed by Durant in the second round

His team won 2 games without him in the conference finals

Down 0-2 and getting outplayed by 36 year old CP3 this series

1. Middleton hasn't carried sh!t. He's garbage.

2. He's not being outplayed by Chris Paul or anyone else. He's the most dominant player on the floor.

jayfan
07-09-2021, 11:06 AM
No way, not even the best player these playoffs. Big time stat padder, I feel like all I’ve seen him do is run full speed at the lane get fouled or get a few lay ins or dunks here and there. He’s overrated and I really dislike this bucks team, they had the easiest path in history to the finals and they are still not even going to win it.

Where do you have Shaq ranked?

Axe
07-09-2021, 11:22 AM

If the bucks manage 4 of their wins for the remaining series, they'll be in good position to becoming upcoming champions for the nba season

ralph_i_el
07-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Can't talk any shit about Giannis last night. He was amazing. He hit two Dirk fallaways too. He was being decisive, but he wasn't afraid to mix it up. I think the Bucks should stagger his minutes with Middleton as much they can. They need really need another guard who can shoot. Ironically, they miss Torey Craig (and Donte D of course)

jayfan
07-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Can't talk any shit about Giannis last night. He was amazing. He hit two Dirk fallaways too. He was being decisive, but he wasn't afraid to mix it up. I think the Bucks should stagger his minutes with Middleton as much they can. They need really need another guard who can shoot. Ironically, they miss Torey Craig (and Donte D of course)

+1

Middleton killed them last night. Bad defensively. Little offensively. He plays one good game for every 3 average-poor games. They rely too much on him. Definitely need another shooter/wing scorer.

StrongLurk
07-09-2021, 12:37 PM
Nah

ImKobe
07-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Imagine thinking the bucks without Giannis are better because they beat a hawks team without trae one game and then hobbled trae the next game.

Imagine putting up 42/12/4 on 15/22 shooting and people criticizing you for not making your teammates better when they had open shots and relatively easy layups the whole game. Middleton and Jrue are inconsistent af. That has nothing to do with spacing.

Why didn’t they play better when Giannis was on the bench? since he is obviously the root cause of Middleton and holiday’s struggles.

Giannis haters such as RR3 know no bounds.

Giannis was +4 overall in these two games. With him on the bench, the Bucks have been outscored by a total of 27 points in ~21 minutes in this series so far.

fsvr54
07-09-2021, 01:24 PM
Most overrated "superstar" of all time. I'll die on this hill.

Wouldn't be a quarter of the player without the longest arms and legs in the world.

tpols
07-09-2021, 01:31 PM

Wouldn't be a quarter of the player without the longest arms and legs in the world.

Its not just that. His whole game is built around offensive fouling and the defender isn't allowed to hit back.

Wilt said the same thing about Shaq @ the 11:00 mark.

https://youtu.be/JVcLh_U7dA8

ArbitraryWater
07-09-2021, 05:42 PM

if my grandma had wheels she'd be a bike who gives a ****

tpols
07-09-2021, 05:45 PM
if my grandma had wheels she'd be a bike who gives a ****

Legend has it she was the town bicycle mate. ;)

SATAN
07-09-2021, 05:52 PM

:facepalm

ralph_i_el
07-09-2021, 07:56 PM
Let us be fair to Giannis. There are other guys in the league with his wingspan, and they don't have an iota of his agility and balance. Gobert can hardly handle the ball around defenders. Bol Bol is an out of control mess. Mo Bamba sucks ass.

ArbitraryWater
07-12-2021, 07:50 AM
Its just amazing what he does on a daily basis.

McCafferty1
07-12-2021, 08:33 AM
:lol

Kblaze8855
07-12-2021, 09:26 AM

His wingspan is 3rd on his own team….one of those longer is his brother. You know….the role player. But let’s not acknowledge that physical traits don’t get you anywhere if you can’t play….fans always have trouble with that concept.

3ba11
07-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Not all 40 ppg are the same

Giannis is getting his points in a way that's winning against the best comp - he's learning how to win (organic)

Otoh, Lebron usually loses when he gets 40+ because it's all ball-dominant and reduces teammates.. otoh, part of Giannis scoring is assisted thereby elevating teammates and allows victory.. and his leadership is better - no give up mentality

ArbitraryWater
07-18-2021, 07:39 AM
Putting together one of the GOAT runs across the boards.

Lotta fools itt

Mr. Woke
07-18-2021, 09:29 AM
Not all 40 ppg are the same

Giannis is getting his points in a way that's winning against the best comp - he's learning how to win (organic)

Otoh, Lebron usually loses when he gets 40+ because it's all ball-dominant and reduces teammates.. otoh, part of Giannis scoring is assisted thereby elevating teammates and allows victory.. and his leadership is better - no give up mentality

Typical LeBron hating BS.

Giannis still has a lot of work to do in order to catch LeBron.

StrongLurk
07-18-2021, 09:34 AM
Putting together one of the GOAT runs across the boards.

Lotta fools itt

Nah, we know Bucks are out in the second round if Harden and Irving wasn't injured. Giannis is a superstar, we know this...but this finals run ain't happening with injuries to the Bucks opponents.

ArbitraryWater
07-18-2021, 09:35 AM
Nah, we know Bucks are out in the second round if Harden and Irving wasn't injured. Giannis is a superstar, we know this...but this finals run ain't happening with injuries to the Bucks opponents.

We dont, actually.

And wouldnt almost every team all time be out if they play Durant/Harden/Irving?

StrongLurk
07-18-2021, 09:37 AM
We dont, actually.

And wouldnt almost every team all time be out if they play Durant/Harden/Irving?

Yes, that's right. Just like how the Raptors would have lost to the 19 Warriors if KD/Klay were healthy.

I mean...are you just going to ignore than insane amount of injuries that have happened to the best players these playoffs? Even when Giannis himself missed some time in the Hawks series...Trae Young got hurt even before that.

You have to use some context when it comes to "rings" in the NBA.

I know for a fact you were complaining about injuries when Kyrie/Love missed the 2015 finals (except for game 1 which Kyrie played).

ArbitraryWater
07-18-2021, 09:48 AM
We dont, actually.

Yes, that's right. Just like how the Raptors would have lost to the 19 Warriors if KD/Klay were healthy.

I mean...are you just going to ignore than insane amount of injuries that have happened to the best players these playoffs? Even when Giannis himself missed some time in the Hawks series...Trae Young got hurt even before that.

You have to use some context when it comes to "rings" in the NBA.

I know for a fact you were complaining about injuries when Kyrie/Love missed the 2015 finals (except for game 1 which Kyrie played).

Thats not really what I consider context.

Do you know how much you could theoretically wipe off when you apply the logic of "they shouldnt have been here?"

What does that have to do with Giannis?

How does them potentially losing to a full/healthy Nets team (which probably every team ever would), "contextualize" and diminish what Giannis is doing?

Absolutely no logic behind that.

StrongLurk
07-18-2021, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=StrongLurk;14395521]

Thats not really what I consider context.

Do you know how much you could theoretically wipe off when you apply the logic of "they shouldnt have been here?"

What does that have to do with Giannis?

How does them potentially losing to a full/healthy Nets team (which probably every team ever would), "contextualize" and diminish what Giannis is doing?

Absolutely no logic behind that.

The context is that these playoffs set a record, by far, of injuries happening to all-stars/superstars. Think about this: how does Giannis have one of the best playoff runs of all times (according to your thread) if his Bucks team loses in the second round (where he was outplayed by KD)?

We know damn well the Bucks lose to a healthy Nets team, and the narrative is ONCE AGAIN a Giannis-led team loses before the finals where he was not the best player, and his "skillset" as a closer is once again ridiculed.

ArbitraryWater
07-18-2021, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=ArbitraryWater;14395527]

The context is that these playoffs set a record, by far, of injuries happening to all-stars/superstars. Think about this: how does Giannis have one of the best playoff runs of all times (according to your thread) if his Bucks team loses in the second round (where he was outplayed by KD)?

How does not playing Durant/Harden/Irving mean its a weak ring? No team ever had to go through such constellation.

So these records set a record amount of injuries.. at the end the only meaningful one was AD, everyone else could play for some time or wasnt there to begin with.

But none of this has anything to do with Giannis.

The Bucks might not have won, although, again, we don't know this.

But Giannis is doing historic things and those won't be denied just because another team suffered an injury in some round.

That "context" just does not apply to Giannis.

StrongLurk
07-18-2021, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=StrongLurk;14395533]

How does not playing Durant/Harden/Irving mean its a weak ring? No team ever had to go through such constellation.

So these records set a record amount of injuries.. at the end the only meaningful one was AD, everyone else could play for some time or wasnt there to begin with.

But none of this has anything to do with Giannis.

The Bucks might not have won, although, again, we don't know this.

But Giannis is doing historic things and those won't be denied just because another team suffered an injury in some round.

That "context" just does not apply to Giannis.

Dude...what are you talking about? I literally can't even respond to this post because it doesn't make any sense.

red1
07-18-2021, 09:57 AM
I dont know about that. He's been great though.

kd was having an all-time series in the second round.

ArbitraryWater
07-18-2021, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=ArbitraryWater;14395536]

Dude...what are you talking about? I literally can't even respond to this post because it doesn't make any sense.

It does make sense.

You just cant respond to it.

Let me put it this way.

Giannis caps this run doing 29/27/5 on 57%, breaking the record for most consecutive 50+% shooting games in the post-season, wins FMVP, plays outstanding defense with several signature plays including one of the greatest dunks ever, B2B 40 point games in the finals, and a 40-point game in a Game 7 on the road....

and at the end of you'll say "yeah but Harden's injury in the ecsf" ?

So you won't give credit to him doing what I just said, and will forever point to the fact that he did not play Durant/Harden/Irving in the 2nd round?

Does that make sense to you?

Do you think thats logical? Fair?

Come on. You know you're full of shit.

StrongLurk
07-18-2021, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=StrongLurk;14395540]

It does make sense.

You just cant respond to it.

Let me put it this way.

Giannis caps this run doing 29/27/5 on 57%, breaking the record for most consecutive 50+% shooting games in the post-season, wins FMVP, plays outstanding defense with several signature plays including one of the greatest dunks ever, B2B 40 point games in the finals, and a 40-point game in a Game 7 on the road....

and at the end of you'll say "yeah but Harden's injury in the ecsf" ?

So you won't give credit to him doing what I just said, and will forever point to the fact that he did not play Durant/Harden/Irving in the 2nd round?

Does that make sense to you?

Do you think thats logical? Fair?

Come on. You know you're full of shit.

I already said initially that Giannis is a superstar...so what he is doing as far as play doesn't surprise me at all. There is his credit, again, from me.

My whole point is that he "all-time playoff run" that you are claiming wouldn't even happen if not due to injuries to his opponents.

We literally saw Kevin Durant outplay Giannis on an individual level and we know on a team level the Bucks lose in the second round against a healthy Nets. We could easily argue the Suns would've lost to the Clippers if Kawhi didn't get an ACL injury the series before. Suns also played Lakers with AD getting hurt and played the Nuggets who didn't have Murray due to his ACL injury...these playoffs are historically the worst ever with missing all-star/superstar talent...this is IMPORTANT context.

Giannis isn't better than KD or Kawhi, and arguably not better than Lebron. Him winning a "ring" doesn't change that. Giannis isn't all of a sudden top 20 all time due to winning a "ring" this year. I just hate this kind of analysis for NBA superstars.

ArbitraryWater
07-18-2021, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=ArbitraryWater;14395568]

I already said initially that Giannis is a superstar...so what he is doing as far as play doesn't surprise me at all. There is his credit, again, from me.

My whole point is that he "all-time playoff run" that you are claiming wouldn't even happen if not due to injuries to his opponents.

We literally saw Kevin Durant outplay Giannis on an individual level and we know on a team level the Bucks lose in the second round against a healthy Nets. We could easily argue the Suns would've lost to the Clippers if Kawhi didn't get an ACL injury the series before. Suns also played Lakers with AD getting hurt and played the Nuggets who didn't have Murray due to his ACL injury...these playoffs are historically the worst ever with missing all-star/superstar talent...this is IMPORTANT context.

Giannis isn't better than KD or Kawhi, and arguably not better than Lebron. Him winning a "ring" doesn't change that. Giannis isn't all of a sudden top 20 all time due to winning a "ring" this year. I just hate this kind of analysis for NBA superstars.

who cares, it happened now?! :lol

you just gonna deny what you saw?

you weird bruv

oh no, Giannis looked 2nd best against KD, one of the GOAT's having arguably his best series of all-time... rolling my eyes over here at this shit.

Giannis just completed a GOAT playoff run. Him not being better than KD doesnt change that.

The Kawhi thing is arguable but also has nothing to do with this run. Neither your LeBron anecdote.

Your analysis is extremely superficial and you have the shame to say you hate this kind of analysis, one actually focusing on performance and what happened, trollol.

StrongLurk
07-18-2021, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=StrongLurk;14395738]

who cares, it happened now?! :lol

you just gonna deny what you saw?

you weird bruv

oh no, Giannis looked 2nd best against KD, one of the GOAT's having arguably his best series of all-time... rolling my eyes over here at this shit.

Giannis just completed a GOAT playoff run. Him not being better than KD doesnt change that.

The Kawhi thing is arguable but also has nothing to do with this run. Neither your LeBron anecdote.

Your analysis is extremely superficial and you have the shame to say you hate this kind of analysis, one actually focusing on performance and what happened, trollol.

How would Giannis complete a GOAT playoff run if he lost in the second round?

You can't seem to be able to answer that...which is my whole point.

HunterSThompson
07-18-2021, 03:18 PM
name another guy that broke his leg and a week later carried his team to the nba title. and i don't wanna see chuckbe stans in here bringing up that fake 2000 ankle shit

https://smartcdn.prod.postmedia.digital/nationalpost/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/kobe2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=400

get up brick. we need more bricks or none of us get paid. bricks sell tv ratings

SouBeachTalents
07-18-2021, 03:30 PM
Imo the truth falls somewhere in the middle for AW & StrongLurk. I agree it's unfair to discredit the run on the basis alone that they lose to the Nets, when 99.9% of teams in history would've lost to the Nets if healthy. Hell they were Durant's toe away from losing to them anyway :lol It's the same thing he argues about the 2019 Finals, sure, the Raps lose to the healthy Warriors, but so do 99.9% of teams in history.

My biggest issue with his logic is beating peak Durant or Curry is an asterisk, but beating a mediocre team is legit. I'd MUCH rather face the '02/'03 Nets than these Nets with just Durant, ditto the '01 76ers instead of the '19 Warriors with just Curry, yet one gets asterisked and the other one doesn't.

But to pretend Giannis is in this position without the unprecedented, downright absurd amount of injuries we've had is simply ignoring all context. The Nets would be one thing, but to have BOTH L.A. teams go out due to injury as well is too significant to ignore, though I do get your point it hasn't affected how he's performed individually.

But let's say the Bucks close this out on Tuesday and Giannis has a standard great performance, where exactly would you rank this playoff run. Since 2000 I'm assuming you'd take 3peat Shaq and some of LeBron's over it, is it better than everyone else?

ArbitraryWater
07-18-2021, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=ArbitraryWater;14395796]

How would Giannis complete a GOAT playoff run if he lost in the second round?

You can't seem to be able to answer that...which is my whole point.

So you're just not gonna accept what he did afterwards?

Ignore it cause he might have lost to Durant/Harden/Irving?

Makes sense, i guess :ohwell:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-18-2021, 03:57 PM
Arby makes a good point.

While injuries were a big issue these playoffs, why do we 'discount' what Giannis did?

He beat what was in front of him. Which is what you are supposed to do. That and the Nets were stacked AF anyway. :lol If we use the logic people do for KD-GSW and Lebron-Heatles, Brooklyn's chip wouldn't mean a lot. So what's the hoopla over?

tpols
07-18-2021, 05:04 PM
Imo the truth falls somewhere in the middle for AW & StrongLurk. I agree it's unfair to discredit the run on the basis alone that they lose to the Nets, when 99.9% of teams in history would've lost to the Nets if healthy. Hell they were Durant's toe away from losing to them anyway :lol It's the same thing he argues about the 2019 Finals, sure, the Raps lose to the healthy Warriors, but so do 99.9% of teams in history.

My biggest issue with his logic is beating peak Durant or Curry is an asterisk, but beating a mediocre team is legit. I'd MUCH rather face the '02/'03 Nets than these Nets with just Durant, ditto the '01 76ers instead of the '19 Warriors with just Curry, yet one gets asterisked and the other one doesn't.

But to pretend Giannis is in this position without the unprecedented, downright absurd amount of injuries we've had is simply ignoring all context. The Nets would be one thing, but to have BOTH L.A. teams go out due to injury as well is too significant to ignore, though I do get your point it hasn't affected how he's performed individually.

But let's say the Bucks close this out on Tuesday and Giannis has a standard great performance, where exactly would you rank this playoff run. Since 2000 I'm assuming you'd take 3peat Shaq and some of LeBron's over it, is it better than everyone else?

The context is very important. Dirk beat healthy LMA, Roy, Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh in 1 playoff run. Giannis has beat Durant, (injured) Trae, and old Chris Paul / Devin Booker. His list of stars he had to go through is weak.

Rudeboy3
07-18-2021, 06:46 PM
The context is very important. Dirk beat healthy LMA, Roy, Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh in 1 playoff run. Giannis has beat Durant, (injured) Trae, and old Chris Paul / Devin Booker. His list of stars he had to go through is weak.

simply listing players' names for people to assume because drik went against bigger names, those bigger names produced to higher-level that giannis competition did. Which straight isn't true, KD in round 2 had probably one of the greatest scoring series ever in the playoffs from playing not name MJ averaging over 40ppg in the last 3 games, round two trae young went off til his injury. In the finals cp is averaging 21 on 50/40/90, with devin booker so far averaging 30ppg. All those players played better than the players dirk faced despite them being bigger names, LeBron played like shit in the finals.

Giannis is undoubtedly having one of the greatest playoff runs in NBA history, his two-way dominance isn't average or typical. it's straight-up generational.

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2021, 12:00 PM
*20 years from now, people talking about the GOAT playoff runs of the recent superstars / FMVP's

StrongLurk: yeah but do you know Giannis would have lost in R2 if Harden was healthy? so it doesnt count