Game 7
Dead legs for everyone.
Vs a 73 win team
Clean block
Blocked a finals MVP hall of famer Iguodala
Game saving block

The Offensive Foul shot:
Vs Utah Jazz
Pushed the defender forward (offensive foul)
Vs a player nobody remembers.
Game 6
Game winning shot.

I would say Jordan's shot is below Ray Allen's 3. Kyrie's 3 in game 7. Steve Kerr 3 in game 6.

07-09-2021, 09:47 AM
finals MVP hall of famer Iguodala

Didnt he win Fmvp in 2015 when he was a bench player? What kind of bum was he playing against that allowed him to perform like an Fmvp:biggums:

RogueBorg
07-09-2021, 09:53 AM
Which is the greater NBA finals play?

The Block:
Full court sprint and chasedown block
Game 7
Dead legs for everyone.
Vs a 73 win team
Clean block
Blocked a finals MVP hall of famer Iguodala
Game saving block

The Offensive Foul shot:
Vs Utah Jazz
Pushed the defender forward (offensive foul)
Vs a player nobody remembers.
Game 6
Game winning shot.

I would say Jordan's shot is below Ray Allen's 3. Kyrie's 3 in game 7. Steve Kerr 3 in game 6.

This was more iconic than the block, notice who's pulling his patented disappearing act in the right corner...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/fe2b298ac730a84ed75c7bd95f8ca3d0/tenor.gif?itemid=14111510

DoctorP
07-09-2021, 10:17 AM
This was more iconic than the block, notice who's pulling his patented disappearing act in the right corner...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/fe2b298ac730a84ed75c7bd95f8ca3d0/tenor.gif?itemid=14111510

Agreed.

Jordans final bulls sequence was a defense, time management, offense masterpiece. The total package.

Goat. I can beat him in one on one today.

8Ball
07-09-2021, 10:43 AM

This shot was better then Jordan's shot.

Why nobody wants to talk about the offensive foul? Seems to me that its pretty lackluster compared to Bron's block.

Gudo
07-09-2021, 11:19 AM
Jordan showed what great players do. Putting matters into your own hands and dealing with the consequences whatever they may be. Rather than playing hot potato.

Brons block was helped by JR smith being there first. People remember Kyrie's shot more than the block.

Airupthere
07-09-2021, 11:29 AM

Lol, didnt even see lebron until after the release. Cant imagine the pressure bursting lebrons guts during that time. Probably similar to the pressure in the dunk contest as he imagines it.

Axe
07-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Idk. We all know he may be a fraud but if that's true, that his last shot is lesser than the bail-out shots kong received from his teammates in the finals, then it wouldn't be the highest-rated game back in the day.

Airupthere
07-09-2021, 11:41 AM
OP also conveniently filtered out the part where jordan made the steal prior to the shot. The whole sequence, you cant make it up. Greats make them happen.

Meanwhile lebron's is help D. Lol. And he let kyrie take that clutch shot. How is that even remotely comparable?

TheCorporation
07-09-2021, 12:21 PM
Didn't LeBron's Cavs also set the NBA Finals record for most points in a Finals quarter (48) in 2017? That's what it took to beat a Goat level 2017 Warriors and get even 1 win.

Reminder: Jeff Hornacek and Terry Porter are not Curry.

RogueBorg
07-09-2021, 12:23 PM
This shot was better then Jordan's shot.

Why nobody wants to talk about the offensive foul? Seems to me that its pretty lackluster compared to Bron's block.

Did they call an offensive foul?

RogueBorg
07-09-2021, 12:30 PM
OP also conveniently filtered out the part where jordan made the steal prior to the shot. The whole sequence, you cant make it up. Greats make them happen.

Meanwhile lebron's is help D. Lol. And he let kyrie take that clutch shot. How is that even remotely comparable?

They're not, but that's all 8ball and LeGonzo has to go on. There are so many Finals warts on LBJ's resume he literally has to fall back on a block as Lebron's greatest play in Finals history. A f------ block of all things :facepalm That's how bad it is for them.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 01:44 PM
The Jordan shot is equivalent to the modern day tik tok dance. Media forced people to accept it as the greatest shot ever made and sheeps cling to it like Jesus dying on the cross. It's a beautiful example of how to brainwash the masses.

Shaquille O'Neal
07-09-2021, 01:55 PM

You can't even compare these two. One was 100% skill based, the other was an assisted blocked and relied on jumping ability and the undercut by JR Smith. Deer jump high too.

theman93
07-09-2021, 02:01 PM
There's a couple key differences between the plays.

1) Jordan's shot was made with only seconds remaining with his team down by one. Lebron's block was made with two minutes remaining with the game tied.

2) Jordan's game winner shouldn't really be limited to just that. It was an entire sequence as a poster above mentioned. He stole the ball from Malone, had the wherewithal to dwindle the clock down before going for the dagger, and then made the game winner to seal it. Lebron's block was great, but it stopped and ended there with still plenty of basketball left to be played.

FKAri
07-09-2021, 02:18 PM

Notice who's getting to play 1 on 1 vs the worst defender on the court.

1) Jordan's shot was made with only seconds remaining with his team down by one. Lebron's block was made with two minutes remaining with the game tied.

No difference. A defensive stop when tied = offensive make when down 1.

2) Jordan's game winner shouldn't really be limited to just that. It was an entire sequence as a poster above mentioned. He stole the ball from Malone, had the wherewithal to dwindle the clock down before going for the dagger, and then made the game winner to seal it. Lebron's block was great, but it stopped and ended there with still plenty of basketball left to be played.

True

ImKobe
07-09-2021, 02:21 PM
MJ's shot is the GOAT moment in NBA history, followed by the Ray Allen and Kyrie 3s.

Gudo
07-09-2021, 02:24 PM
The Jordan shot is equivalent to the modern day tik tok dance. Media forced people to accept it as the greatest shot ever made and sheeps cling to it like Jesus dying on the cross. It's a beautiful example of how to brainwash the masses.

Clearly a jordan hater :facepalm

8Ball
07-09-2021, 02:41 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/150d287cc7efff1d7c644a1ce74b83fd/tenor.gif

hateraid
07-09-2021, 02:49 PM
Clearly a jordan hater :facepalm

I'm actually not a Jordan hater. I'm just not a brainwashed lamb that feeds on what media tells me. I have no problem calling Jordan the GOAT. I do have a problem with delusional stans who think nobody else can be. There's a difference. A Jordaneer can't comprehend it though

TheCorporation
07-09-2021, 02:50 PM

Ouch!!!

hateraid
07-09-2021, 02:52 PM

OTOH you could say that Jordan did push off and got bailed out by the refs. Also if Stockton hit that last shot it would have completely rewritten history.
Stockton is the martyr so Jordan could maintain his legacy.

8Ball
07-09-2021, 02:52 PM
I'm actually not a Jordan hater. I'm just not a brainwashed lamb that feeds on what media tells me. I have no problem calling Jordan the GOAT. I do have a problem with delusional stans who think nobody else can be. There's a difference. A Jordaneer can't comprehend it though

If you watch the Jordan shot in a vacuum over and over its actually not impressive at all.

Just a contested 2 where Jordan needed to push a player to get it off, kinda like Reggie Miller's pushoff Jordan. Not really an impressive all time shot.

I would say LeBron 2 footer over Kawhi in game 7 2013 is about the same as Jordan's last shot, but LeBron fans don't hype up that shot over Kawhi as anything special, just a midrange 2 footer. Jordan's last shot is magnified by the fact that everyone was saying "this is Jordan's last game". Like the last supper. Its more marketing than it is impressive.

Meanwhile "The Block" is something we've never seen before in NBA finals.

MadDog
07-09-2021, 02:56 PM
LeBron's block doesn't belong in the convo. Its simply TIERS lower. Jordan's shot clinched a title, and was Chicago's last possession. There were several possessions after LeBron's block. Besides, it happened with a minute and change left to go. Kyrie legitimately hit the game-winner.

8Ball
07-09-2021, 02:57 PM
LeBron's block doesn't belong in the convo. Its tiers lower. Joradn's shot clinched a title, and was Chicago's last possession. There were several possessions after LeBron's block. And happened with a minute and change left to go. Kyrie legitimately hit the game-winner.

Jordan's last shot is 90% marketing, 10% difficulty.

LeBron's block is 90% difficult, 10% marketing.

Jordan ain't running Iguodala down and flying in the air to block him. I haven't seen anybody do a chase down block in finals game 7 with 2 mins left.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 02:58 PM
If you watch the Jordan shot in a vacuum over and over its actually not impressive at all.

Just a contested 2 where Jordan needed to push a player to get it off, kinda like Reggie Miller's pushoff Jordan. Not really an impressive all time shot.

I would say LeBron 2 footer over Kawhi in game 7 2013 is about the same as Jordan's last shot, but LeBron fans don't hype up that shot over Kawhi as anything special, just a midrange 2 footer. Jordan's last shot is magnified by the fact that everyone was saying "this is Jordan's last game". Like the last supper. Its more marketing than it is impressive.

Meanwhile "The Block" is something we've never seen before in NBA finals.

Media replays it because it keeps that image that cemented his legacy. The shot in itself was meh. As a play in itself the block was by far more impressive as the chances of that happening and the hussle to get back was astronomical. They actually did a sports science on it and it's a play that had little chance to execute.

All in all I'd say Kyrie's shot was the most impressive as nobody could make a shot in the last 2 minutes of that game. In a game where his team came back 3-1 against the greatest regular season team of all time. The block was pretty equivalent in impact.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 02:59 PM
LeBron's block doesn't belong in the convo. Its simply TIERS lower. Jordan's shot clinched a title, and was Chicago's last possession. There were several possessions after LeBron's block. Besides, it happened with a minute and change left to go. Kyrie legitimately hit the game-winner.

In a game where they had trouble finding offense and Lebron erased a clear dunk, yes, it had profound impact.

8Ball
07-09-2021, 02:59 PM

Kyrie Irving on the Block:

"I've been watching The Block more than anything because there's no Shot without The Block. You see a guy chasing down a shot like that, and then I get a chance on the biggest stage, Game 7, man."

Kyrie knew how big that block was. "There was no shot without that block".

MadDog
07-09-2021, 03:02 PM
In a game where they had trouble finding offense and Lebron erased a clear dunk, yes, it had profound impact.

Sure, but it wasn't a game-winner. Cleveland also scored twice afterward. It was Kyrie, not LeBron, who sealed the deal. Just like Jordan did.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 03:04 PM
I'll say this though...if the block wasn't spectacular or impactful, why are the Jordaneers themselves bringing it up? :confusedshrug:

RogueBorg
07-09-2021, 03:04 PM
Also if Stockton hit that last shot it would have completely rewritten history.

We can play the IF game all day long. If Ray Allen or Kyrie don't hit the game winning shots LeBron has 2 rings. If's are pointless.

RogueBorg
07-09-2021, 03:06 PM
I'll say this though...if the block wasn't spectacular or impactful, why are the Jordaneers themselves bringing it up? :confusedshrug:

Do you see the title to this thread? It was created by a Lebronstan.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 03:06 PM
Sure, but it wasn't a game-winner. Cleveland also scored twice afterward. It was Kyrie, not LeBron, who sealed the deal. Just like Jordan did.

But you're denying the impact of that block and the level of difficulty. Nobody is saying it won the game. But it set the momentum and ignited the team.
I'm a fan of neither team but I can tell you I was at a bar watching the game and the block was more talked about than the shot..in unbias Philly. So yes, it had impact.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 03:08 PM
Do you see the title to this thread? It was created by a Lebronstan.

In general. Jordaneers will do anything to diminish that play. Had it been Jordan with a game saving block y'all would be bringing it up like 6/6

ImKobe
BTW:

Irving:

Kyrie knew how big that block was. "There was no shot without that block".

False. JR already contested the layup, and Iggy was playing with a bad back, so there's no guarantee he makes the layup to begin with (didn't look like it would have on the replay). Even if he makes the shot, it's a 2-point game with 1:50 to go. Kyrie's 3 still gives them the lead and Curry had nothing left by that point, he almost airballed a 3 on a step-back against Kyrie the next Warriors' possession and then obviously bricked another 3 on Kevin Love down 3.

hateraid
We can play the IF game all day long. If Ray Allen or Kyrie don't hit the game winning shots LeBron has 2 rings. If's are pointless.

Yet why do the what ifs apply to Lebron and not Jordan? Pretty hypocritical

hateraid
07-09-2021, 03:09 PM

From the horse's mouth. So Ray Allen's and Kyrie's shots are pointless. Thanks for clarifying.

MadDog
07-09-2021, 03:14 PM
But you're denying the impact of that block and the level of difficulty. Nobody is saying it won the game. But it set the momentum and ignited the team.
I'm a fan of neither team but I can tell you I was at a bar watching the game and the block was more talked about than the shot..in unbias Philly. So yes, it had impact.

Where did I deny it? :confusedshrug: Cleveland also got multiple stops afterward. Scored twice, and the game was ultimately won by Kyrie. Big block by LeBron. Of course. But again, there was still a lot play going forward.

8Ball
07-09-2021, 03:14 PM
The Jordan shot is done nearly every basketball game, pushoff for a long 2.

The LeBron block happens maybe once a season at most, and almost never in nba finals.

tpols
07-09-2021, 03:19 PM
Yet why do the what ifs apply to Lebron and not Jordan? Pretty hypocritical

Your what ifs are weak. If Paxson and Kerr miss their shots, not only would the games in question still be winnable, but even if the Bulls lost they'd still have a game 7 to play. Ray and Kyries shots were do or die championship shots with no margin for error. Rays especially... he misses the Heat lose. Period.

MJ went 6/6 when he had competent help. Lebron went 4/10. And he played with 3 guys at or above Pippens level ~ AD, Wade, and Kyrie along with All NBA Bosh and Love. That would be like if MJ played with David Robinson, Clyde Drexler, Kevin Johnson, Shawn Kemp, and Thunder Dan but still mostly lost. Illogical considering he went 6/6 with just Pippen.

You been huffing too much protein powder bro.

Airupthere
07-09-2021, 03:20 PM
Just watched it again. JR smith surely did make AI take off early and bring the ball lower. Credit where it's due. Good job JR smith, even for all the mistakes you've made.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 03:22 PM
Where did I deny it? :confusedshrug: Cleveland also got multiple stops afterward. Scored twice, and the game was ultimately won by Kyrie. Big block by LeBron. Of course. But again, there was still a lot play going forward.

Yes, lot's of play. But in a vacuum that was pivotal to the outcome. Lots of play where both teams had no offense and a freebie was erased. Huge impact.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 03:23 PM
Your what ifs are weak. If Paxson and Kerr miss their shots, not only would the games in question still be winnable, but even if the Bulls lost they'd still have a game 7 to play. Ray and Kyries shots were do or die championship shots with no margin for error. Rays especially... he misses the Heat lose. Period.

MJ went 6/6 when he had competent help. Lebron went 4/10. And he played with 3 guys at or above Pippens level ~ AD, Wade, and Kyrie along with All NBA Bosh and Love. That would be like if MJ played with David Robinson, Clyde Drexler, Kevin Johnson, Shawn Kemp, and Thunder Dan but still mostly lost. Illogical considering he went 6/6 with just Pippen.

You been huffing too much protein powder bro.

You're preaching exactly what I'm saying. You sniffing the same protein powder bro?

tpols
07-09-2021, 03:26 PM
You're preaching exactly what I'm saying. You sniffing the same protein powder bro?

Probably mate....

MadDog
07-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Yes, lot's of play. But in a vacuum that was pivotal to the outcome. Lots of play where both teams had no offense and a freebie was erased. Huge impact.

The multiple stops they got afterward were also pivotal. And "big" impact. Kyrie's game-winner was the great equalizer. Sorta like Jordan, and his title-winning shot.

RogueBorg
07-09-2021, 03:35 PM
The LeBron block happens maybe once a season at most, and almost never in nba finals.

Are you watching this NBA Finals? Giannis just did the same block.

Airupthere
07-09-2021, 03:37 PM

Lol, OP does not watch games. He just checks basketball reference and gets his kicks there.

Anyway, here it is. Very similar. Except that JR did more help for lebron than middleton did for giannis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qauBFttCmMk

As for the Jordan play being too common. Can you find other players who have made the defensive stop, controlled the ball, controlled the time, looked at the crowd and defender, asked to be isolated, and went for the dagger, silencing the crowd? Clutch defense and offense, within the same minute.

j3lademaster
07-09-2021, 03:38 PM

2) Jordan's game winner shouldn't really be limited to just that. It was an entire sequence as a poster above mentioned. He stole the ball from Malone, had the wherewithal to dwindle the clock down before going for the dagger, and then made the game winner to seal it. Lebron's block was great, but it stopped and ended there with still plenty of basketball left to be played.Don't forget MJ made the basket before that defensive sequence to even bring the Bulls within 1. If you watch the last 3 minutes of that game, no other Chicago Bull wanted the ball at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=530z-_yjdlU

That last sequence of basketball is greatness personified. I like Lebron, but op picked the wrong comparison to make. Lebron's never done anything this good with this much on the line, and that's not Lebron's fault.

RogueBorg
07-09-2021, 03:46 PM
Lol, OP does not watch games. He just checks basketball reference and gets his kicks there.

Anyway, here it is. Very similar. Except that JR did more help for lebron than middleton did for giannis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qauBFttCmMk

As for the Jordan play being too common. Can you find other players who have made the defensive stop, controlled the ball, controlled the time, looked at the crowd and defender, asked to be isolated, and went for the dagger, silencing the crowd? Clutch defense and offense, within the same minute.

LOL it's obvious he doesn't watch games.

Overdrive
07-09-2021, 03:53 PM

You have a history on hating Jordan and it wasn't just the media I knew how great of a play that was when I watched that live - no internet, no american media here - and I was a big Jordan hater in the 90s. I hated the mongoloids who never touched a basketball, but collected cards, shoes and talked shit in school, because "Jordan", but reality is that both "The Block" followed by "The Shot" and Jordan's shot were 2 of the greatest defensive/offensive sequences ever in the finals.

2 differences though. Jordan made both plays, but Lebron's/Kyrie's happened in G7. Jordan misses? Another 48 minutes. Iggy scores, no Kyrie make? The Ws probably win.

tpols
07-09-2021, 03:59 PM
Lebron's entire career is an offensive foul.

Ironic as hell to call out MJ for making a jump shot.

Hey Yo
07-09-2021, 04:03 PM

And the first thing that was brought up was the comparison to James' block.

You'll see that type of block more often in the future due to James with the patent.

tpols
07-09-2021, 04:10 PM
Don't forget MJ made the basket before that defensive sequence to even bring the Bulls within 1. If you watch the last 3 minutes of that game, no other Chicago Bull wanted the ball at all.

That last sequence of basketball is greatness personified. I like Lebron, but op picked the wrong comparison to make. Lebron's never done anything this good with this much on the line, and that's not Lebron's fault.

Wow Stockton missed so many open jumpers. 5'11 170 lbs. It amazes me when people say Curry couldn't dominate this era. He's 4 inches taller, heavier, and infinitely better at shooting. It isn't hard to throw passes to Karl Malone. He's a top 5 all time scorer and way better than dray and Klay.

j3lademaster
07-09-2021, 04:14 PM
Wow Stockton missed so many open jumpers. 5'11 170 lbs. It amazes me when people say Curry couldn't dominate this era. He's 4 inches taller, heavier, and infinitely better at shooting. It isn't hard to throw passes to Karl Malone. He's a top 5 all time scorer and way better than dray and Klay.Steph also has more advanced offball movement than Reggie Miller, who was the posterchild for that style of play in this era. Steph will definitely dominate this era, but let's be honest, was he really shooting much better than this in the 2016 finals?

8Ball
07-09-2021, 04:14 PM

Nice block.

But lebrons was infinitely harder because goldenstate was going full speed where crowder basically walked up the court in transition.

I saw at least 10 jordan shots in yesterdays game alone.

8Ball
07-09-2021, 04:16 PM
And the first thing that was brought up was the comparison to James' block.

You'll see that type of block more often in the future due to James with the patent.

It happened less than 4-5x in nba finals history.

Meanwhile Jordan's shot happens about every regular season game. Contested 2 point jump at free throw line after committing offensive foul

theman93
07-09-2021, 04:17 PM

Jordan was doing chase down blocks while Lebron was still crapping his diapers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhufPI1CO6s&ab_channel=MJ23HisAirnessForever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6LsbPxCU44&ab_channel=MJ23HisAirnessForever

tpols
07-09-2021, 04:20 PM
Steph also has more advanced offball movement than Reggie Miller, who was the posterchild for that style of play in this era. Steph will definitely dominate this era, but let's be honest, was he really shooting much better than this in the 2016 finals?

Why would you use one Finals to define him though? Look at his numbers in 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019. Would you judge Lebron only by 2011 or Kobe only by 2004? (who were way worse)

theman93
07-09-2021, 04:20 PM
Don't forget MJ made the basket before that defensive sequence to even bring the Bulls within 1. If you watch the last 3 minutes of that game, no other Chicago Bull wanted the ball at all.

Yep, in fact Jordan scored 16 of the team's 26 4th quarter points, and scored all 8 of Chicago's points to close out the game. Masterpiece.

8Ball
07-09-2021, 04:21 PM
I'd give those Jordan blocks a 3/10 on "The Goat Block" LeBron scale.

Those Jordan blocks are about as impressive as this, and LeBron has a life time of these blocks:

https://i.gifer.com/GACa.gif

8Ball
07-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Here is Jordan's last shot, greatest play of his finals career:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/98/42/3e/98423ef99dff1a88aa90f0b31619c3d3.gif

Really? This play? A blatant offensive foul, and a free throw line jumper. WaoW.

Here LeBron basically does the same thing without the offensive foul (doesn't push off the defender).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/FPa6-Ey18osZlnot-T4I0R0f1vZ9RJg3PdxRx9x1AAsqHcSeZxLSP3tfDYX6-oK96m-rN6eriF-Q1x60f_RRdZJXRFeI56HIzIE--AIhzsQdgT1PKO8KFOc

Thread cliffs:

One of LeBron's least iconic finals game winners > Jordan's last shot.

j3lademaster
07-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Why would you use one Finals to define him though? Look at his numbers in 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019. Would you judge Lebron only by 2011 or Kobe only by 2004? (who were way worse)Right, but you're judging Stockton on a 3 minute sequence.

And Steph is still a '?' in the finals. He definitely was far from dominant in 15. 2019 is really the only time where the team winning was dependant on him HAVING to play well. And out side of a 40 point game he didn't look that dominant either. Reg season phenom for sure though.

j3lademaster
07-09-2021, 04:32 PM
I'd give those Jordan blocks a 3/10 on "The Goat Block" LeBron scale.

Those Jordan blocks are about as impressive as this, and LeBron has a life time of these blocks:

https://i.gifer.com/GACa.gifYou want some pinning the ball off the backboard? How about securing the ball after the block on top of that?

https://media.giphy.com/media/l46CAKOQgLHSRPZQY/giphy.gif

https://www.nbcsports.com/sites/rsnunited/files/archive/assets_article/washington/2020/04/16/ezgif.com-video-to-gif_39.gif

H

tpols
07-09-2021, 04:34 PM
Right, but you're judging Stockton on a 3 minute sequence.

And Steph is still a '?' in the finals. He definitely was far from dominant in 15. 2019 is really the only time where the team winning was dependant on him HAVING to play well. And out side of a 40 point game he didn't look that dominant either. Reg season phenom for sure though.

Stockton averaged 10 ppg in those Finals. Its not just 3 minutes. Between 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019 Curry averaged 28/6/6. With a dynasty champion team. What's "?" about that?

Your video should open peoples eyes.

Teams went under on screens with Stockton and he still couldnt make them pay. Curry lights people up from 35 feet. It really puts things into perspective. Especially when you consider Curry was significantly bigger than Stockton was so the soft argument flies out the window.

j3lademaster
07-09-2021, 04:37 PM
Stockton averaged 10 ppg in those Finals. Its not just 3 minutes. Between 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019 he averaged 28/6/6. With a dynasty champion team. What's "?" about that?

Your video should open peoples eyes. Teams went under on screens with Stockton and he still could make them pay. Curry lights people up from 35 feet. It really put a things into perspective. Especially when you consider Curry was significantly bigger than Stockton was so the soft argument flies out the window.Look Curry is better than Stockton. By quite a bit. But being bigger than someone doesn't mean you're a tougher player lol. Steph is soft, let's be real.

tpols
07-09-2021, 04:41 PM
Look Curry is better than Stockton. By quite a bit. But being bigger than someone doesn't mean you're a tougher player lol. Steph is soft, let's be real.

I disagree. Watching that video Stockton faced no more physicality than Curry ever has. Just because he was dirty (because he was small) doesn't mean Stockton was tough. I would whoop John Stockton's ass if we went head to head. Then again he wouldn't have Karl to protect him and I'm much taller and heavier than he is so it wouldn't be fair.

theman93
07-09-2021, 04:45 PM
Here is Jordan's last shot, greatest play of his finals career:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/98/42/3e/98423ef99dff1a88aa90f0b31619c3d3.gif

Really? This play? A blatant offensive foul, and a free throw line jumper. WaoW.

Here LeBron basically does the same thing without the offensive foul (doesn't push off the defender).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/FPa6-Ey18osZlnot-T4I0R0f1vZ9RJg3PdxRx9x1AAsqHcSeZxLSP3tfDYX6-oK96m-rN6eriF-Q1x60f_RRdZJXRFeI56HIzIE--AIhzsQdgT1PKO8KFOc

Thread cliffs:

One of LeBron's least iconic finals game winners > Jordan's last shot.
Calling those offensive plays the same thing just revealed you actually don’t know anything about basketball lol.

One player had to break his man down 1 on 1

The other player had to use a screen to get separation.

Do you see the difference now?

j3lademaster
07-09-2021, 04:48 PM
I disagree. Watching that video Stockton faced no more physicality than Curry ever has. Just because he was dirty (because he was small) doesn't mean Stockton was tough. I would whoop John Stockton's ass if we went head to head. Then again he wouldn't have Karl to protect him and I'm much taller and heavier than he is so it wouldn't be fair.Don't take it from me. How about CWebb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L08tBn_uwyE

Airupthere
07-09-2021, 04:50 PM
Calling those offensive plays the same thing just revealed you actually don’t know anything about basketball lol.

Lol, was going to say the same thing. I guess they're the same 2 points in the statsheet so meh. Lol

tpols
07-09-2021, 04:54 PM
Don't take it from me. How about CWebb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L08tBn_uwyE

That play wasn't really impressive. Webber wasn't even moving. He chicken winged him from a stand still. I've seen grandmas set harder screens lmao.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 04:58 PM
You have a history on hating Jordan and it wasn't just the media I knew how great of a play that was when I watched that live - no internet, no american media here - and I was a big Jordan hater in the 90s. I hated the mongoloids who never touched a basketball, but collected cards, shoes and talked shit in school, because "Jordan", but reality is that both "The Block" followed by "The Shot" and Jordan's shot were 2 of the greatest defensive/offensive sequences ever in the finals.

2 differences though. Jordan made both plays, but Lebron's/Kyrie's happened in G7. Jordan misses? Another 48 minutes. Iggy scores, no Kyrie make? The Ws probably win.

Again, another Jordan stan's take that I somehow hate Jordan because I have the ability to criticize him. I just don't believe in people diminishing other players to prop up Jordan. Something you narrow minded Jordan stans can't accept so you refer to me as hater.

Find a time where I said Jordan wasn't the GOAT definitively and I'll admit your claim. Bottom line is you can't so you accuse me of false claims

hateraid
07-09-2021, 05:00 PM
Nice block.

But lebrons was infinitely harder because goldenstate was going full speed where crowder basically walked up the court in transition.

I saw at least 10 jordan shots in yesterdays game alone.

Again, Jordan stans not comprehending the point of this thread. This is why I say they're the worst fanbase in sports

j3lademaster
07-09-2021, 05:05 PM
I would whoop John Stockton's ass if we went head to head. Then again he wouldn't have Karl to protect him and I'm much taller and heavier than he is so it wouldn't be fair.This is beyond cringe.

Airupthere
07-09-2021, 05:06 PM
Again, Jordan stans not comprehending the point of this thread. This is why I say they're the worst fanbase in sports

Lol you are a jordan hater. You subtly reveal yourself. Overdrive's assessment of you is correct. I don't know if you are a lebron stan per se or you just ride anything that you can take against MJ.

MJ's final moments as a bull is one of the best examples of how a guy can take over a game to seal it. Even the drive prior to that, not wasting time, the perfectly timed steal, slowing down the game and not rushing on his final shot. Looking at the crowd, the defender who was set dead in the eye and taking the shot with full confidence. How in the world can you say that is not a great moment in basketball? It is because you truly are a jordan hater. Simple as that.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 05:09 PM
Lol you are a jordan hater. You subtly reveal yourself. Overdrive's assessment of you is correct. I don't know if you are a lebron stan per se or you just ride anything that you can take against MJ.

MJ's final moments as a bull is one of the best examples of how a guy can take over a game to seal it. Even the drive prior to that, not wasting time, the perfectly timed steal, slowing down the game and not rushing on his final shot. Looking at the crowd, the defender who was set dead in the eye and taking the shot with full confidence. How in the world can you say that is not a great moment in basketball? It is because you truly are a jordan hater. Simple as that.

Narrow minded assesment again. You Jordaneers can't seem to take any criticism and assume that I am. Just like Trump haters. So one sided.
So I can't believe other players can be better than Jordan or even equal to? Lol, I'm not a hater, you're just an obsessed fanboy. Big difference.

Overdrive
07-09-2021, 05:11 PM
Again, another Jordan stan's take that I somehow hate Jordan because I have the ability to criticize him. I just don't believe in people diminishing other players to prop up Jordan. Something you narrow minded Jordan stans can't accept so you refer to me as hater.

Find a time where I said Jordan wasn't the GOAT definitively and I'll admit your claim. Bottom line is you can't so you accuse me of false claims

Stopped reading after you called me Jordan stan.

theman93
07-09-2021, 05:12 PM
Lol, was going to say the same thing. I guess they're the same 2 points in the statsheet so meh. Lol

It’s like saying a layup and a step back 2 with a foot on the three point line are the same thing. Two completely different plays lol. Absolutely zero basketball knowledge whatsoever.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 05:13 PM

Because that's the only part you comprehend?

Airupthere
07-09-2021, 05:17 PM
Narrow minded assesment again. You Jordaneers can't seem to take any criticism and assume that I am. Just like Trump haters. So one sided.
So I can't believe other players can be better than Jordan or even equal to? Lol, I'm not a hater, you're just an obsessed fanboy. Big difference.

I've seen your past posts. You are a jordan hater. And you not being able to discern that also means you are one sided. I can take jordan criticisms. He's not the only player that I am a fan of. But he is the best I have seen so far. I was on the lebron train even before he got drafted. Lost it when he moved to MIA. I am one of those waiting to see if anyone can be better than MJ. I will acknowledge that when that player comes. It is not lebron.

Gudo
07-09-2021, 05:19 PM
Not sure who you are a fan of hateraid but you've always come accross as a lebronstan/jordan hater.

Overdrive
07-09-2021, 05:28 PM
Because that's the only part you comprehend?

You didn't even read the part where I stated that the '16 sequence was more crucial, that I hated Jordan in the 90s. Obviously you didn't read my post either so why should IGAF responding to yours?

hateraid
07-09-2021, 05:29 PM
I've seen your past posts. You are a jordan hater. And you not being able to discern that also means you are one sided. I can take jordan criticisms. He's not the only player that I am a fan of. But he is the best I have seen so far. I was on the lebron train even before he got drafted. Lost it when he moved to MIA. I am one of those waiting to see if anyone can be better than MJ. I will acknowledge that when that player comes. It is not lebron.

Again, the Jordan stan's narrow minded take

I'll challenge you too where I have refuted Jordan's GOAT status. You can't.

You're a Jordaneer. The toxic cult following that will demonize all for not falling in line

TheCorporation
07-09-2021, 05:30 PM

The guy that ONLY ever responds to prop up MJ and bash LBJ is wondering why they're labelled as a Jordan stan. You can't make this shit up.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 05:30 PM
Not sure who you are a fan of hateraid but you've always come accross as a lebronstan/jordan hater.

Not a Lebron stan. I don't like Jordan minions. I actually like Jordan. Stan's like you can't comprehend that

hateraid
07-09-2021, 05:32 PM
You didn't even read the part where I stated that the '16 sequence was more crucial, that I hated Jordan in the 90s. Obviously you didn't read my post either so why should IGAF responding to yours?

Well I did challenge you to find where I refuted Jordan as GOAT. You don't want to acknowledge that so why should IGAF to your claims?

hateraid
07-09-2021, 05:32 PM
The guy that ONLY ever responds to prop up MJ and bash LBJ is wondering why they're labelled as a Jordan stan. You can't make this shit up.

Right? Then tries to pull smokescreen by saying he hated Jordan in the 90s like it props his stance.

Airupthere
07-09-2021, 05:35 PM
Right? Then tries to pull smokescreen by saying he hated Jordan in the 90s like it props his stance.

The guy you are agreeing with is one of the biggest lebronstan trolls on here. Says a lot.

It seems everyone that does not suck up lebron is a jordanstan.

Overdrive
07-09-2021, 05:39 PM

Yeah, that's all I do. Again I called Lebron's play more crucial. I just think blind stanning is stupid AF. I called out 3 ball several times.

Well I did challenge you to find where I refuted Jordan as GOAT. You don't want to acknowledge that so why should IGAF to your claims?

I put my claims before you responded.

MadDog
07-09-2021, 06:00 PM
So judging by the responses here, Jordan's iconic game-winner tops LeBron - oh and his "signature" moment. Glad we got that covered. :applause:

8Ball
07-09-2021, 06:35 PM

WAOW

An ISO jumpshot! Jordan's greatest play is as average as anything Jordan ever did. But for some reason the media and Jordan stans think its the holy grail of finals "plays".

https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/ezgif-1-6397fefd8f.gif

8Ball
07-09-2021, 06:36 PM
So judging by the responses here, Jordan's iconic game-winner tops LeBron - oh and his "signature" moment. Glad we got that covered. :applause:

7 pages in I still can't find 1 poster that put up an argument about why Jordan's shot is so great.

Jordan's last shot was as average as any random 2 point shot in finals history, or even in the regular season.

LeBron's block is greater than any play Jordan ever did in his life.

hateraid
07-09-2021, 06:38 PM

In other words, Jordan stans have no comprehension. Nothing new

8Ball
07-09-2021, 06:41 PM
http://jordansdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/michael-jordan-last-shot-bulls-1998-finals-1.jpg

vs

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/869/297/hi-res-f290177275e00c9cd49be6bc2103f0d1_crop_north.jpg?15 90019759&w=3072&h=2048

Not a chance. One is infinitely more difficult than the other.

Airupthere
07-09-2021, 06:42 PM
7 pages in I still can't find 1 poster that put up an argument about why Jordan's shot is so great.

Jordan's last shot was as average as any random 2 point shot in finals history, or even in the regular season.

Again, it wasnt just the last shot. Watch the last 3 mins. Jordan made a quick layup prior to the steal. He makes the steal the following possession. Does not panic, does not play hot potato. This is the finals, dying seconds, and he goes for the dagger. That sequence there is total accountability, and control of the situation. How is lebron’s help D in comparison to that? Jr smith made the previous jump that changed iggys layup, which lebron blocked. Then it was kyrie that made the dagger.

Youre so blinded with bias that you cant see the difference.

8Ball
07-09-2021, 06:45 PM
Again, it wasnt just the last shot. Watch the last 3 mins. Jordan made a quick layup prior to the steal. He makes the steal the following possession. Does not panic, does not play hot potato. This is the finals, dying seconds, and he goes for the dagger. That sequence there is total accountability, and control of the situation. How is lebron’s help D in comparison to that? Jr smith made the previous jump that changed iggys layup, which lebron blocked. Then it was kyrie that made the dagger.

Youre so blinded with bias that you cant see the difference.

So Jordan's last shot = Last shot + 3 minutes of basketball? :lol

Jordan's last shot = 1 play.

Jordan's steal = another play.

If you want to string a bunch of plays together, Jordan's last shot + 3 mins = LeBron's block on Tiago splitter + LeBron scoring on the next play.

https://uploads.dailydot.com/470/90/leblockepic.gif?auto=compress&fm=gif&ixlib=php-3.3.0

8Ball
07-09-2021, 06:48 PM
Again, it wasnt just the last shot.

This is the dagger argument for me.

"It wasn't just the last shot".

The last shot on its own is actually not impressive at all and it needs a few more plays added to it to augment the "mystique" of Jordanism.

LeBron's Block is 1 play and 1 play alone. Full court sprint, elevate, and block a dunk.

Overdrive
07-09-2021, 07:05 PM
This is the dagger argument for me.

"It wasn't just the last shot".

The last shot on its own is actually not impressive at all and it needs a few more plays added to it to augment the "mystique" of Jordanism.

LeBron's Block is 1 play and 1 play alone. Full court sprint, elevate, and block a dunk.

He blocked a double clutch layup that was already defended. The chase down on J-Rich was far more impressive if you want to single out the play disregarding circumstances.

MadDog
07-09-2021, 07:23 PM

Then you need better glasses. LeBron's block occured with a minute and some odd seconds left. It was background noise to the defensive stops Cleveland got. Afterward. Golden State never scored again, but Kyries Game winner was the endgame. Just like Jordan's game winner in 98.

Why doesn't LeBron have a game winning TITLE shot? :confusedshrug:

MadDog
07-09-2021, 07:25 PM
In other words, Jordan stans have no comprehension. Nothing new

I can hear the tears hitting your keyboard. :oldlol: Nobody but OP and your sorry ass thinks a block is competing with a game winner. Nevermind a block that happened in the interim.

Overdrive
07-09-2021, 07:36 PM
Then you need better glasses. LeBron's block occured with a minute and some odd seconds left. It was background noise to the defensive stops Cleveland got. Afterward. Golden State never scored again, but Kyries Game winner was the endgame. Just like Jordan's game winner in 98.

You don't know if Kyrie's shot still happens if Lebron doesn't block. The block was a great play and most acknowledged it at that time.

theman93
07-09-2021, 07:42 PM
WAOW

An ISO jumpshot! Jordan's greatest play is as average as anything Jordan ever did. But for some reason the media and Jordan stans think its the holy grail of finals "plays".

And Lebron’s greatest play is as average as anything Lebron ever did.

I mean if your going to say Jordan’s shot wasn’t great because he did it routinely, then Lebron’s block wasn’t great because he also did it routinely.

Your argument is self defeating tbh.

MadDog
07-09-2021, 07:51 PM
You don't know if Kyrie's shot still happens if Lebron doesn't block. The block was a great play and most acknowledged it at that time.

And on their next possession, Cleveland held Curry to a missed three. We still wouldn't know if Kyrie's shot happens. Point is, there were multiple possessions after LeBron's block. Great play and all - but its not on the level of 98 Jordan. Who sunk a game-winning, title-clinching jumper. It also happened to be on Chicago's last possession.

8Ball
07-09-2021, 07:52 PM
And Lebron’s greatest play is as average as anything Lebron ever did.

I mean if your going to say Jordan’s shot wasn’t great because he did it routinely, then Lebron’s block wasn’t great because he also did it routinely.

Your argument is self defeating tbh.

No?

LeBron's block is more impressive than anything anyone ever did in the finals.

We are comparing LeBron's block to Jordan's "greatest play".

Overdrive
07-09-2021, 08:00 PM
And on their next possession, Cleveland held Curry to a missed three. We still wouldn't know if Kyrie's shot happens. Point is, there were multiple possessions after LeBron's block. Great play and all - but its not on the level of 98 Jordan. Who sunk a game-winning, title-clinching jumper. It also happened to be on Chicago's last possession.

But it happened in game 6. He misses. Another game happens.

Overdrive
07-09-2021, 08:02 PM
No?

LeBron's block is more impressive than anything anyone ever did in the finals.

We are comparing LeBron's block to Jordan's "greatest play".

You're giving Lebron the benefit of circumstance while you compare Jordan to any midrange jumper.

MadDog
07-09-2021, 08:04 PM
But it happened in game 6. He misses. Another game happens.

Not necessarily. If Jordan missed that shot, Chicago would still only be down 1. They could foul and who knows what happens. I get your overall point, but what-ifs are apparent in every scenario.

MadDog
07-09-2021, 08:12 PM
To add onto that, Utah's chances of winning Game 7 would be sky high. Pippen was brutal on offense and Jordan carried most of that Game 6. I'm of the mindset that if you play, there are no excuses. But I've been repeatedly told that Pippen's play was "compromised" because of a bad back. How much does that factor into the next game? And on a team already on fumes?

Axe
07-09-2021, 08:27 PM
Lol do you kids ever get any wonderful prizes for downplaying the clutch efforts they did in the finals? :ohwell:

8Ball
07-09-2021, 08:39 PM

LeBron's block happened when neither team could score, in a game 7, vs a 73 win team.

Kyrie had this to say about the block:

Irving: "I've been watching The Block more than anything because there's no Shot without The Block. You see a guy chasing down a shot like that, and then I get a chance on the biggest stage, Game 7, man. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I wouldn't trade the world for it."

8Ball
07-09-2021, 08:44 PM
The Block has:

Physicality - LeBron sprinting down the court in a game 7 and blocking a small forward. Most players can't do this.
Difficulty - Only supremely physically talented players can do this.
Rareness - Rarely does anyone do chasedown blocks like this in NBA finals. Maybe one per final?

The Shot:

No high physicality required.
Not difficult to literally push a defender (not get called for offensive foul), and rise up for a jumper.
Not rare at all, 2 point jumpers happen all the time.

theman93
07-09-2021, 08:54 PM

It's so great because it was a game winning dagger that completed a second 3-peat - a feat nobody has accomplished still to this day.

But I get the feeling the question your meaning to ask is what made the shot so great mechanically? Well first off you have to consider it was the waning seconds of the Finals with the chance to win it all in an iso situation - a situation most other players would have their butt holes clench up and freeze in if they had the ball in their hands. But with that considered, what made it so great was the sudden burst of speed while running on fumes to get the defender flowing in one direction, the abrupt change of direction to throw the defender off balance and make him fall to the ground, the footwork on the crossover was perfect and wasted no steps or movement, and of course the shot itself was picture perfect.

He created a completely wide open shot - so wide open the defender couldn't even contest - all on his own in the highest pressure situation the basketball stage can offer.

Your acting like that play was just your average run of the mill midrange jumper, but what average run of the mill midrange jumper do you see the defender being incapable of even contesting? If you don't think that play was great you just hate Jordan, it's as simple as that.

Gudo
07-09-2021, 09:20 PM
The Block has:

Physicality - LeBron sprinting down the court in a game 7 and blocking a small forward. Most players can't do this.
Difficulty - Only supremely physically talented players can do this.
Rareness - Rarely does anyone do chasedown blocks like this in NBA finals. Maybe one per final?

The Shot:

No high physicality required.
Not difficult to literally push a defender (not get called for offensive foul), and rise up for a jumper.
Not rare at all, 2 point jumpers happen all the time.

Did you forget about the mental aspect of “the shot” that lebron does not have? Jordan clears it for the last shot. Everyone knew unequivocally that he was going to end it. Lebron does not do well in these high pressure moments that is why he let kyrie take the shot. So yes it is a difficult shot to make. The fact that it was done in the most straightforward way makes it cold, like it was tuesday. Lebrons block is a help block. Big athletic players did similarly like olajuwon on strickland or tayshaun on miller because they have the physical advantage.

Hey Yo
07-09-2021, 09:58 PM
Those Jazz only scored 54pts in game 3.

:roll: :roll:

kawhileonard2
07-09-2021, 10:15 PM
Those Jazz only scored 54pts in game 3.

Those Jazz beat Peak Shaq/Kobe, Duncan/Robinson, Hakeem/Barkley/Drexler as well that year.

Hey Yo
07-09-2021, 10:30 PM
Those Jazz beat Peak Shaq/Kobe, Duncan/Robinson, Hakeem/Barkley/Drexler as well that year.

This dumbfuk doesnt know what peak means.

8Ball
07-09-2021, 11:04 PM
Today I learn peak Kobe is 1997 = 8ppg and 1998 = 16ppg

PAEK KOBE

hateraid
07-10-2021, 04:52 AM
I can hear the tears hitting your keyboard. :oldlol: Nobody but OP and your sorry ass thinks a block is competing with a game winner. Nevermind a block that happened in the interim.

Actually any fan of the NBA that doesn't slurp Jordan's **** thought it was a defining play. So you couldn't relate

ImKobe
07-10-2021, 09:49 AM
It's so great because it was a game winning dagger that completed a second 3-peat - a feat nobody has accomplished still to this day.

But I get the feeling the question your meaning to ask is what made the shot so great mechanically? Well first off you have to consider it was the waning seconds of the Finals with the chance to win it all in an iso situation - a situation most other players would have their butt holes clench up and freeze in if they had the ball in their hands. But with that considered, what made it so great was the sudden burst of speed while running on fumes to get the defender flowing in one direction, the abrupt change of direction to throw the defender off balance and make him fall to the ground, the footwork on the crossover was perfect and wasted no steps or movement, and of course the shot itself was picture perfect.

He created a completely wide open shot - so wide open the defender couldn't even contest - all on his own in the highest pressure situation the basketball stage can offer.

Your acting like that play was just your average run of the mill midrange jumper, but what average run of the mill midrange jumper do you see the defender being incapable of even contesting? If you don't think that play was great you just hate Jordan, it's as simple as that.

Yep. The pressure was all on Jordan because if he missed & they lost, it's a Game 7 @Utah with Pippen out or very limited as he looked DONE at the end of Game 6. The fact that MJ made one of the greatest defensive plays on the best player on the opposing team that led to the all-time shot makes it that much more legendary.

Jordan didn't even foul Russell, he was off-balance and going the other way regardless. That minimal amount of contact did not affect his ability to contest that shot, he simply got outplayed by the GOAT ISO scorer.

And1AllDay
07-10-2021, 09:56 AM
Today I learn peak Kobe is 1997 = 8ppg and 1998 = 16ppg

PAEK KOBE

paek :oldlol:

8Ball
07-10-2021, 10:15 AM
This thread has been a resounding success.

Jordan stans have been unable for 2 days now to describe why the last shot was a better play than LeBron's block.

It just can't be explained. It's like trying to argue Dikembe Mutombo is better player than Shaq, you can't do it.

The only response is: "all the Jordan stans think its better". Basically admitting its all marketing.

8Ball
07-10-2021, 10:21 AM

Again this is just narrative. Ray Allen's shot is more impressive to secure a 2 peat. Infinitely more difficult to pull off while he was running backwards. And Ray Allen's shot isn't even more impressive than Bron's block.

But I get the feeling the question your meaning to ask is what made the shot so great mechanically? Well first off you have to consider it was the waning seconds of the Finals with the chance to win it all in an iso situation - a situation most other players would have their butt holes clench up and freeze in if they had the ball in their hands.

This has nothing to do with mechanics. LeBron hit a dagger in front of Kawhi in a game 7 finals and not even LeBron stans care about it. Neither Jordan nor LeBron's dagger was impressive mechanically. A mundane shot.

But with that considered, what made it so great was the sudden burst of speed while running on fumes to get the defender flowing in one direction, the abrupt change of direction to throw the defender off balance and make him fall to the ground, the footwork on the crossover was perfect and wasted no steps or movement, and of course the shot itself was picture perfect.

Jordan shoved a player forward, committing an offensive foul just to get an open shot. WAOW

The shot was "picture perfect" = marketing. That shot was as basic and mundane as any 2 point jumper.

Defenders incapable of defending? Defenders most of the time don't get forcefully shoved forward while refs swallow the whistle.

If shooters were allowed to shove players forward before a jumper every shooter would do it.

Then we can classify Jordan's shot = Reggie Miller's shove and game winning shot.

MadDog
07-10-2021, 11:22 AM
Actually any fan of the NBA that doesn't slurp Jordan's **** thought it was a defining play. So you couldn't relate

You have the reading level of a 3rd grader. Probably explains why you don't know shit about ball :confusedshrug: Nobody argues it wasnt "defining" for LeBron. Its that an interim block doesnt have the impact Jordan's game-winner did. That shot unequivocally sealed the game, and it still has you pissing yourself. :oldlol: Bitch ass hoe.

theman93
07-10-2021, 11:28 AM
Again this is just narrative. Ray Allen's shot is more impressive to secure a 2 peat. Infinitely more difficult to pull off while he was running backwards. And Ray Allen's shot isn't even more impressive than Bron's block.

This has nothing to do with mechanics. LeBron hit a dagger in front of Kawhi in a game 7 finals and not even LeBron stans care about it. Neither Jordan nor LeBron's dagger was impressive mechanically. A mundane shot.

Jordan shoved a player forward, committing an offensive foul just to get an open shot. WAOW

The shot was "picture perfect" = marketing. That shot was as basic and mundane as any 2 point jumper.

Defenders incapable of defending? Defenders most of the time don't get forcefully shoved forward while refs swallow the whistle.

If shooters were allowed to shove players forward before a jumper every shooter would do it.

Then we can classify Jordan's shot = Reggie Miller's shove and game winning shot.
Did the refs call a foul, yes or no?

TheCorporation
07-10-2021, 11:39 AM
This thread has been a resounding success.

Jordan stans have been unable for 2 days now to describe why the last shot was a better play than LeBron's block.

It just can't be explained. It's like trying to argue Dikembe Mutombo is better player than Shaq, you can't do it.

The only response is: "all the Jordan stans think its better". Basically admitting its all marketing.

There was nothing great about it to be honest but what choice did Nike and David Stern have at the time? This was 90s basketball after all. Stern/Nike had to choose something to hype up and the weak 90s era diluted the sport to unprecedented levels of desperation. Nike/Stern scoured through all of MJ's playoff runs and this blatant offensive foul was the best they could come up with in an attempt to heavily market this fraud.

An offensive foul, against a meaningless role player, with nothing hanging in the balance (not even an elimination game for Jordan). It's a pitiful shame this was all the NBA had to promote but in the end you can't blame them, MJ was never great enough to produce anything of greater significance.

hateraid
07-10-2021, 01:20 PM
You have the reading level of a 3rd grader. Probably explains why you don't know shit about ball :confusedshrug: Nobody argues it wasnt "defining" for LeBron. Its that an interim block doesnt have the impact Jordan's game-winner did. That shot unequivocally sealed the game, and it still has you pissing yourself. :oldlol: Bitch ass hoe.

Again, you can't relate because your head is shoved so far up Jordan's ass to see reality.

So keep your panties out of a bunch and relax. There is life outside Jordan.

hateraid
07-10-2021, 01:20 PM
Lol, looks like I got the Jordaneers trigger as per usually

Too damn easy

MadDog
07-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Again, you can't relate because your head is shoved so far up Jordan's ass to see reality.

So keep your panties out of a bunch and relax. There is life outside Jordan.

Another post highlighting your poor comprehension. Again, relate to what? A blocked shot? It still doesn't compare to a game-winner, you dumb ****.

Hey Yo
07-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Another post highlighting your poor comprehension. Again, relate to what? A blocked shot? It still doesn't compare to a game-winner, you goofy ****.

:cry: please love my MJ :cry:

theman93
07-10-2021, 01:35 PM
Not only did the refs not call it a foul but you know it wasn’t a foul because the defender didn’t scream foul, none of the players on the floor screamed foul, the bench didn’t screaming foul, and the coaching staff didn’t scream foul. Literally nobody thought it was a foul.

MadDog
07-10-2021, 01:35 PM

Has LeBron written Kyrie's thank you letter? With all the LeBron gospel you sing, you'd know first hand. :oldlol:

hateraid
07-10-2021, 10:29 PM

Lol, so true

hateraid
07-10-2021, 10:29 PM
Another post highlighting your poor comprehension. Again, relate to what? A blocked shot? It still doesn't compare to a game-winner, you dumb ****.

You're an angry elf

hateraid
07-10-2021, 10:30 PM
Lol, do easy to get MadDog unraveled. I think I know who he is

MadDog
07-10-2021, 10:46 PM
You're an angry elf

Lol, do easy to get MadDog unraveled. I think I know who he is

Bumps a thread 9 hours later. Damn :oldlol: I got real estate in your head, rat
Speaking of "elves" I heard u wear a size 8 shoe. You probably dont even hoop, fisher price

3ba11
07-10-2021, 11:48 PM
Jordan made "the steal" on Malone right before the game-winner - so Jordan's play was a steal and a shot (a 2-way play), while Lebron was only capable of the defensive part and needed a teammate to close on offense.

So Lebron needs more help because he needs a teammate to lead him in scoring for entire playoff runs, while Jordan led his sidekick in scoring for every series by at least 10 ppg.

8Ball
07-10-2021, 11:53 PM
Jordan made "the steal" on Malone right before the game-winner - so Jordan's play was a steal and a shot (a 2-way play), while Lebron was only capable of the defensive part and needed a teammate to close on offense.

So Lebron needs more help because he needs a teammate to lead him in scoring for entire playoff runs, while Jordan led his sidekick in scoring for every series by at least 10 ppg.

White flag from Jordan stans.

Jordan stans need "The Shot" to be TWO plays instead of 1 in order to elevate the "Shot" from mediocre to all time.

Sorry. 9 pages in, there is still no good argument.

kawhileonard2
07-11-2021, 12:11 AM
Not only did the refs not call it a foul but you know it wasn’t a foul because the defender didn’t scream foul, none of the players on the floor screamed foul, the bench didn’t screaming foul, and the coaching staff didn’t scream foul. Literally nobody thought it was a foul.

:bowdown:

hateraid
07-11-2021, 02:29 AM
Bumps a thread 9 hours later. Damn :oldlol: I got real estate in your head, rat
Speaking of "elves" I heard u wear a size 8 shoe. You probably dont even hoop, fisher price

Lol, says the guy who is so fixated on me that immediately comes at me as soon as I post. You've literally abandoned everyone else and solely focus on me.

I'll dig up an old thread. I got you figured out. You're one of those guys I got trapped in hateraid jail. Too easy

MadDog
07-11-2021, 02:41 AM
Lol, says the guy who is so fixated on me that immediately comes at me as soon as I post. You've literally abandoned everyone else and solely focus on me.

I'll dig up an old thread. I got you figured out. You're one of those guys I got trapped in hateraid jail. Too easy

If you don't want responses then don't quote posters. Clown :oldlol: Why do you wanna stray from the topic so bad? :confusedshrug: Guessing that light bulb turned on, and you have accepted Jordan's shot was better.

hateraid
07-11-2021, 10:38 AM
If you don't want responses then don't quote posters. Clown :oldlol: Why do you wanna stray from the topic so bad? :confusedshrug: Guessing that light bulb turned on, and you have accepted Jordan's shot was better.

My personal trainer monkey is back!
I'll take the time today to dig through old threads. I know I made my monkey here dance before. BRB

MadDog
07-11-2021, 11:42 AM
My personal trainer monkey is back!
I'll take the time today to dig through old threads. I know I made my monkey here dance before. BRB

I got this bitch waking up in the morning itching to reply. Lol even "digging" for old posts now. Yikes. Jordan's superior game winner has you FUMING.

8Ball
07-11-2021, 11:57 AM
Jordan shot is mediocre. Every jordan stan has admitted this.

10 pages in still waiting.