PDA

View Full Version : It appears Giannis might not be the worst FT violation offender.

Kblaze8855
07-10-2021, 04:39 PM
I was listening to a podcast clip on the subject. Someone did a brief study and while it has no career average Giannis for the time studied takes the second most time. Number one?

Montrez. Probably because of this bullshit:

https://youtu.be/ucheT6PK6yk

Timer should start on his first touch but he has to get it a certain way or he throws it back. Refs who don’t know have his average around 12-13 seconds early in games. He, Giannis, and a few others average over the 10 seconds. Shortest average? Bryn Forbes.

Just thought you needed that information.

lakerstekkenn
07-10-2021, 04:42 PM
I was listening to a podcast clip on the subject. Someone did a brief study and while it has no career average Giannis for the time studied takes the second most time. Number one?

Montrez. Probably because of this bullshit:

https://youtu.be/ucheT6PK6yk

Timer should start on his first touch but he has to get it a certain way or he throws it back. Refs who don’t know have his average around 12-13 seconds early in games. He, Giannis, and a few others average over the 10 seconds. Shortest average? Bryn Forbes.

Just thought you needed that information.

The Ref's won't bother with that call anyway unless Giannis takes serious time.

Kblaze8855
07-10-2021, 04:54 PM
Well yea they don’t call it on anyone. They had a former ref on who said they had called 2 in 15 years. Karl Malone got a couple I remember.

Psileas
07-11-2021, 08:22 AM
Montrezl Harrell needs the ball thrown to him in a very specific way at the free throw line.

And to think that, in the older eras, refs just threw the ball towards players' chests from 15-20 feet away and the player had better catch it...I think I remember someone getting hit for being caught off guard.

07-11-2021, 08:23 AM
And to think that, in the older eras, refs just threw the ball towards players' chests from 15-20 feet away and the player had better catch it...I think I remember someone getting hit for being caught off guard.

It happened to steve nash and he missed the ft. I think theres a youtube video about it

Jasper
07-11-2021, 10:03 AM
I like Kevin Durants free throw style.
He is right handed , uses his right shoulder and basically he does not shoot a jumper like this unless he is under duress
so obviously this is a style he has locked in probably from high school. (He looks very comfortable)

Giannis from Europe , probably was never schooled in free throws so his style is very mechanical.
(I wish Giannis would take a page from Durant and use his right shoulder,BUT)
Giannis because of his mechanical style has to continue to use this.... a change would be very disruptive for him , because if you
watch his fade or jumper it is the same mechanical motion.
Giannis is a hard worker , and could change his free throw technical , but it would take thousands of shots to coordinate a transition
to become automatic.
I teach horse back riding where your hands and feet are working independently. You have to teach the mind, to tell the body.
After hundreds if not thousands of repetitions , your body becomes programed to instinctively do it.
Durant's right shoulder allows a smooth motion , and that is why as a 7' SF has a beautiful free throw.