PDA

View Full Version : ESPN’s Maria Taylor Reportedly Turned Down $5 Million Contract, Seeks ‘Stephen A. $

ArbitraryWater
07-10-2021, 09:26 PM
"ESPN’s Maria Taylor Reportedly Turned Down $5 Million Contract, Seeks ‘Stephen A. Smith Money’ From Network"
https://www.sportscasting.com/maria-taylor-finally-addresses-elephant-room/

apparently she wants 8 million a year.

The offer has shrunk to between 2-3 million.

???

What in the world is going on? :lol

Where does this entitlement come from?

This female is a nobody.

Nobody tunes into anything to watch....

Maria Taylor.

I never even heard of her before she made the news for "forgetting" to include Anthony Davis on her all-defensive team vote.

Whats wrong with these hoes?

RRR3
07-10-2021, 09:31 PM
I can’t even fathom turning down that much money. My job doesn’t even give us lunch breaks for ****’s sake and these people get to be paid to talk about basketball lmao. What a world.

Proctor
07-10-2021, 09:33 PM
That kind of money to spearhead some of the most dreadful pre-game "entertainment" fathomable. Yikes

All four of those clowns need to be off TV.

ArbitraryWater
07-10-2021, 09:37 PM
That kind of money to spearhead some of the most dreadful pre-game "entertainment" fathomable. Yikes

All four of those clowns need to be off TV.

There is zero unique talent or ability to what she does...

I wasnt aware that these sideline reporters and "analysts" (she isnt a real analyst) make this kind of money?!

And then to have the entitlement and lack of awareness to turn down 5 million dollars a year, for what she does...

and seek out Stephen A Smith money?!

When the only time she's made the news is when she left off AD from her all-defensive team because she forgot him?!

I'm done. Lol.

theman93
07-10-2021, 09:48 PM
She's lucky they even offered her over 5 figures. She's not even good at what she does.

8Ball
07-10-2021, 10:04 PM
ESPN should get Shannon Sharpe to be a host. Would be so much more hilarious and fun.

They bring in the most boring "safe" host picks diversity hires and everyone picking a woman now to be a host because its the safe thing to do publically.

Tnt is fun because they have 2 hall of famers that are clowns on the set so there is always laughter. Espn has nobody that can make you laugh. Nobody. Only stephen a smith has personality.

The Deam
07-10-2021, 10:31 PM
She really isn't anything other than a pretty face, and most of her segments are dominated by commercials and regurgitated takes. Heck, even some of you clowns have much more to say and do it for free.

Mask the Embiid
07-10-2021, 10:33 PM
Espn should hire Gary Payton,Ahmad Rashad, and Chris Webber with that 5 million dollars

Boki4MVP
07-10-2021, 11:10 PM
She’s not worth 5 million. Candace Parker is definitely worth 5 or more million. She’s great at her job.

Spurs m8
07-10-2021, 11:12 PM
These are literal clowns without the make up...
Insane a circus performer like SAS gets money like that

Embarrassing behaviour even for a clown...
Zero IQ spouting from the clown mouth

kawhileonard2
07-10-2021, 11:13 PM
ESPN should get Shannon Sharpe to be a host. Would be so much more hilarious and fun.

They bring in the most boring "safe" host picks diversity hires and everyone picking a woman now to be a host because its the safe thing to do publically.

Tnt is fun because they have 2 hall of famers that are clowns on the set so there is always laughter. Espn has nobody that can make you laugh. Nobody. Only stephen a smith has personality.

This might be the only thing we ever agree on :rockon:

8Ball
07-10-2021, 11:23 PM
Jay Williams has a personality of a suited up politically correct white man.

Jalen Rose has the stature of Kenny Smith, a guy that walks and talks bigger than he ever accomplished. Can't ever clown himself on TV because he takes himself too seriously. Only time he ever clowned himself was when he got to be in a commercial with Kobe, couldn't turn that career upward opportunity down.

Maria Taylor is just another female host, one of a million female hosts around America that doesn't have an opinion about anything.

Max Kellerman - Nobody cares what he thinks. Goes on monologues that makes you sleep. Goes out of his way to be "pro black", everyone can see through it.

Perkins - I like him.

Stephen A Smith - Loud mouth work horse that earns his money.

Wojnarowski - WTF is this guy doing on the panel?

At least the 2 undisputed debaters, Shannon Sharpe and SKip Bayless are closet clowns. They love to clown, they love being "bias". If we replaced the entire ESPN crew with just Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless it would be 100x more interesting.

hold this L
07-11-2021, 12:06 PM

I feel like Shannon is very loyal to Skip, he wouldn't leave him even for more money. He pretty much gives him props every time Skip is brought in a conversation, and they genuinely like each other. I would be sad if their dynamic ended.

SATAN
07-11-2021, 12:09 PM
Why do people actually care about ESPN so much??

ArbitraryWater
07-11-2021, 12:12 PM
These are literal clowns without the make up...
Insane a circus performer like SAS gets money like that

Embarrassing behaviour even for a clown...
Zero IQ spouting from the clown mouth

SA is at least a household name that pulls ratings.

j3lademaster
07-11-2021, 12:14 PM
I had to google who she was. Those millions should only come along when one brings a household name into the mix... like SAS. But hey, who am I to say anything, if someone's willing to pay her why not?

lakerstekkenn
07-11-2021, 12:40 PM
Maria isn't worth 5 million dollars just to speak a couple of minutes before a game and during halftime, then speak 6 sentences after the game and spend all day in meetings before the games going over stuff, how these reporters who only argue all day with fake beef is getting paid millions of dollars is beyond me, ordinary reporters make 16 dollars an hour, they do the same thing except they aren't putting on a show debating sports topics, I guess because ESPN is so big, they pay big money to their employees.

If they will pay then good for her.

RogueBorg
07-11-2021, 01:50 PM
She really isn't anything other than a pretty face, and most of her segments are dominated by commercials and regurgitated takes. Heck, even some of you clowns have much more to say and do it for free.

What is The Deam? Did you mean Dream :facepalm

Fortunately you're only 40 posts into it.

Orange_Cassidy
07-11-2021, 01:58 PM
inb4 max Kellerman is replaced by queen latifa

The Deam
07-11-2021, 02:03 PM
What is The Deam? Did you mean Dream :facepalm

Fortunately you're only 40 posts into it.

Long-time lurker.

ArbitraryWater
07-11-2021, 02:15 PM
this chick wants 8 million to sit or stand somewhere, smile, and read the notes her producers gave her?!

I think she gets the most disillusioned person of the year award, for 2021.

No one even knows her.

She does not influence any ratings.

No one tunes in to see her goofy standard ass.

Phoenix
07-11-2021, 02:19 PM
I can’t even fathom turning down that much money. My job doesn’t even give us lunch breaks for ****’s sake and these people get to be paid to talk about basketball lmao. What a world.

You must live in the US, I assume? That just seems batshit insane to me.

MrFonzworth
07-11-2021, 02:27 PM

Nice try, you're not fooling anybody.

TeflonDonTrump
07-11-2021, 02:27 PM
You must live in the US, I assume? That just seems batshit insane to me.

Retard3 doesn't have a job. His job is to stay in his mom's basement eating hotpockets and posting on ISH

If you believe for one second he has a job...you are as dumb as he is.

Phoenix
07-11-2021, 02:30 PM
Retard3 doesn't have a job. His job is to stay in his mom's basement eating hotpockets and posting on ISH

If you believe for one second he has a job...you are as dumb as he is.

And who the fukk are you?

Gohan
07-11-2021, 02:37 PM
Nice try, you're not fooling anybody.

lmao

tpols
07-11-2021, 02:58 PM
Stephen A....

What

were

you doing

at them colleges boy?

:lol

tpols
07-11-2021, 02:59 PM
this chick wants 8 million to sit or stand somewhere, smile, and read the notes her producers gave her?!

I think she gets the most disillusioned person of the year award, for 2021.

No one even knows her.

She does not influence any ratings.

No one tunes in to see her goofy standard ass.

She sucked a lot of dick to get there. She's gonna ask market price.

PP34Deuce
07-12-2021, 12:02 AM
Hey if she feels she can get paid it csnt fault her for being greedy.

Market value says she's not worth it. As annoying as Stephen a Smith is he does know basketball..he worked 20 years doing beat writing and hustling and he's a brand. Someone can be steohen a smith for Halloween and people would know who it was.

GOBB
07-12-2021, 06:39 AM
I’m confused at how you dudes know who is worth anything? When did you guys start following and paying close attention to who gets paid what, why, when and the analytics of what they bring to a network? Since when? Tell me the salary rankings at ESPN. Do you guys even know what their contracts entail?

These reports come from unnamed sources who probably don’t know the details or context of the negotiations. Clearly if ESPN offered $5mil during a time when salaries were being cut. They saw some kind of worth/value. Heck yall are saying she isn’t worth that much. Maria idolizes Robin Roberts who is on Good Morning America. Pretty sure that is what she also wants to do. That may have something to do with the contract.

If anyone was in her position you would try to maximize your worth as much as possible. Smarten up

iamgine
07-12-2021, 08:04 AM
The more insane story is why did ESPN even offered her $5M. :lol

hiphopanonymous
07-12-2021, 12:09 PM
You can command what people are willing to pay you based on how good you are at things. She's paid to talk basketball if you view it simplistically, but to make money off it you have to have some sort of "it" factor mixed with professional experience in a studio where timing, writing, and presentation need to always come together to pull in ratings and convince the executives you're better than anyone else as many professional people in television / sports / journalism that have talent also want to be doing that job. That's why Steven A. becomes Screaming A. - he knows it's what makes people tune in. It's for ratings, and ratings rake in cash to boost his value. Don't know if she's worth that much but she'd better have some sort of "it" factor like Steven A's rants if she expect to make money like he does.

You could make a lot more money let alone create the landscape of a job where you get lunch breaks if you get really really undeniably good at something that other people value and want to spend money on.