PDA

View Full Version : Giannis back to back 40+ games in the finals, is he still overrated ISH?

Marchesk
07-11-2021, 10:49 PM
Remember earlier this season when everyone on here was talking about how Giannis didn't deserve those two MVPs, was a choker in the playoffs, was a lot worse than Anthony Davis, etc, etc?

Proctor
07-11-2021, 10:52 PM
Save this thread for if they actually win the series. Just as easy as he could drop 40/15 next game, he could drop 17/8 and they could lose by 15.

Full Court
07-11-2021, 10:58 PM
I doubt it was "everyone." Probably just a handful.

Axe
07-11-2021, 11:00 PM
This is going to backfire if game 3 is the sole win they'll have for the rest of the series.

iamgine
07-11-2021, 11:03 PM
Remember earlier this season when everyone on here was talking about how Giannis didn't deserve those two MVPs, was a choker in the playoffs, was a lot worse than Anthony Davis, etc, etc?

Just cause he's able to improve in the present doesn't mean what he's been in the past aren't true.

Doomsday Dallas
07-11-2021, 11:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIOTbk4bwYw

StrongLurk
07-12-2021, 11:35 AM
Would he even be in the finals if Kyrie/Harden didn't get hurt?

j3lademaster
07-12-2021, 12:26 PM
Would he even be in the finals if Kyrie/Harden didn't get hurt?
No. That Nets squad is insanely stacked and Durant is better than Giannis straightup

wagexslave
07-12-2021, 12:39 PM
He's a good ass player. But NOBODY in the league rn gets away with the physicality he gets away with. It's no wonder he feels unstoppable when he's allowed to be physical af on others offensively yet defenders can hardly breathe on him without him getting a whistle. How is anybody supposed to guard him when he's initiating contact, trucking over people, shoving people out of his way, lowering his shoulder and bumping guys backwards, etc most of the time and almost always getting a whistle in his favor(or a no-call in his favor). It's already hard enough to guard him when he's that big and that athletic, does he really need to be spoiled by the refs too?

j3lademaster
07-12-2021, 12:40 PM
I saw Giannis and Middleton interacting with fans at game 2. They seem like genuinely nice guys, but I still hate Giannis’s game. His euro step takes up the entire lane and if you impede it he gets a foul. The eurostep is supposed to be a crafty move that disorients the opponent to get you a good shot. Guys who are good at it like Ginobili, Kyrie, Harden will bust it out out of nowhere and completely catch a defender offguard. High iq, high situational awareness and high skill. Giannis is none of those things, he just abuses the fact that if you make any contact with his legs or impede his movements it’s a foul.

All in all, Giannis is a baller. Compared to the elites of the game he’s a bit of an overrated onetrick pony.

3ba11
07-12-2021, 12:48 PM
FYI - Pippen averaged 19.3 on 39% (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/pippesc01/gamelog/1993#96-99-sum:pgl_basic_playoffs) during Jordan's 4 straight games of 40 points in the 93' Finals

Giannis is carrying his team in a similar fashion

Marchesk
07-12-2021, 04:56 PM
He's a good ass player. But NOBODY in the league rn gets away with the physicality he gets away with. It's no wonder he feels unstoppable when he's allowed to be physical af on others offensively yet defenders can hardly breathe on him without him getting a whistle. How is anybody supposed to guard him when he's initiating contact, trucking over people, shoving people out of his way, lowering his shoulder and bumping guys backwards, etc most of the time and almost always getting a whistle in his favor(or a no-call in his favor). It's already hard enough to guard him when he's that big and that athletic, does he really need to be spoiled by the refs too?

The Lebron Treatment

wagexslave
07-12-2021, 05:06 PM
The Lebron Treatment

I wouldn't even have an issue with it if the league wasn't so soft about physicality these days. The league is awfully selective and random when it comes to physicality in general. Like if it's gonna be a soft ass league, then let it be a soft ass league for everyone... both offense and defense. If we're gonna "let them play" physical like back in the 80's/90's then let them play consistently for the whole game on both ends. I can't hate Giannis because of it, it's just the refs being inconsistent af that's annoying.

Marchesk
07-12-2021, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't even have an issue with it if the league wasn't so soft about physicality these days. The league is awfully selective and random when it comes to physicality in general. Like if it's gonna be a soft ass league, then let it be a soft ass league for everyone... both offense and defense. If we're gonna "let them play" physical like back in the 80's/90's then let them play consistently for the whole game on both ends. I can't hate Giannis because of it, it's just the refs being inconsistent af that's annoying.

I agree, and it's hardly the only instance where the league is inconsistent.

fos
07-12-2021, 05:51 PM
Giannis makes Corn Pop look like Bryant Gumbel.

Jasper
07-12-2021, 06:18 PM
there is no doubt Giannis is the best player for the Bucks , and his teammates know it.
THE Franchise are paying him the highest in the league (.)

Axe
07-12-2021, 08:25 PM
there is no doubt Giannis is the best player for the Bucks , and his teammates know it.
THE Franchise are paying him the highest in the league (.)
But his coach and his teammates are such a letdown lol

Jay-B
07-13-2021, 11:18 AM
U guys make it seem like 40 points is this big amazing feat in today’s age with higher final scores, and no one on the bucks scores besides Middleton. Let’s see if giannis wins it all, otherwise still a fraud in a fraud injury prone finals

And1AllDay
07-13-2021, 11:28 AM
U guys make it seem like 40 points is this big amazing feat in today’s age with higher final scores, and no one on the bucks scores besides Middleton. Let’s see if giannis wins it all, otherwise still a fraud in a fraud injury prone finals

maybe not the reg season but the playoffs and esp. for the finals it is