PDA

View Full Version : Will Giannis erase Kobe's career in just one Finals run?

TheCorporation
07-12-2021, 03:39 PM
In his first three finals games, Giannis has now put up more 40 point games in the Finals than Kobe who appeared in seven finals and played a total of 37 finals games.

Is Kobe being erased right before our eyes? If Giannis or CP3 wins FMVP do they pass Kobe all time?

ImKobe
07-12-2021, 03:43 PM
Took Giannis 3 games to score 40+ twice, Lebron didn't score 40 until his 6th Finals series in his 30s, same as Kobe :( and he played almost his entire career in the post-handcheck era & on loaded teams with spacing.

TheCorporation
07-12-2021, 03:46 PM
Took Giannis 3 games to score 40+ twice, Lebron didn't score 40 until his 6th Finals series in his 30s, same as Kobe :( and he played almost his entire career in the post-handcheck era & on loaded teams with spacing.

Thread: Giannis/Kobe

Mouth breather: LEBRON! :mad:

2much_knowledge
07-12-2021, 03:46 PM
This guy is the pure definition of prisoner of the moment haha

TheCorporation
07-12-2021, 03:48 PM
This guy is the pure definition of prisoner of the moment haha

I'm just asking :confusedshrug:

2x MVP, DPOY, 40 pt Finals games, and maybe a FMVP

07-12-2021, 05:27 PM
He hasnt even erased Jimmy butlers career yet

HylianNightmare
07-12-2021, 05:39 PM
You must be like 12

TheCorporation
07-12-2021, 05:49 PM
You must be like 12

You must be 50

Jasper
07-12-2021, 06:36 PM
giannis runs down hill

Kobe has fade aways

Orange_Cassidy
07-12-2021, 06:46 PM
giannis isn't chasing kobe. theyre 2 completely different players. he's a lebron type physical specimen and will always be linked to him. guys like Booker, kawhi and other more skilled wing players are the only ones people will compare to kobe 10 years from now

HBK_Kliq_2
07-12-2021, 07:56 PM
Yeah I agree with others.

Compare giannis to guys like shaq, duncan, kg or even LeBron.

Get your head out of kobe's ass. Especially when the guy is passed away, come on.

Axe
07-12-2021, 07:57 PM
Kobe fans are being sorrow as we speak. :ohwell:

Orange_Cassidy
07-12-2021, 08:08 PM
Kobe fans are being sorrow as we speak. :ohwell:

I want giannis to win. he has the best chance of anyone to knock off lebron and take controll of the media. why would I want giannis to have a loss in the finals. if he can get to 4 titles without a loss and claim 2 more league mvps he passes lebron and makes his collusion look pathetic. nobody in the media will be comparing giannis to kobe cause they're too different.. and they won't be making a goat case unless he wins like 7 which is impossible

people will realize how little lebrons really done when giannis tacks on a few rings

Axe
07-12-2021, 08:09 PM
I want giannis to win. he has the best chance of anyone to knock off lebron and take controll of the media. why would I want giannis to have a loss in the finals. if he can get to 4 titles without a loss and claim 2 more league mvps he passes lebron and makes his collusion look pathetic. nobody in the media will be comparing giannis to kobe cause they're too different.. and they won't be making a goat case unless he wins like 7 which is impossible

people will realize how little lebrons really done when giannis tacks on a few rings
Idk. Seems kinda far-fetched, kenneth.

HylianNightmare
07-12-2021, 08:09 PM
You must be 50
Better than being young enough to think giannis is anywhere near kobe yet

HBK_Kliq_2
07-12-2021, 08:16 PM
34 points on 136 offensive rating for giannis in the finals. He might be having the greatest finals in NBA history, especially considering game 1 was just a warm up game.

136 offensive rating is insane, kawhi is the only other guy I see do stuff like that

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-12-2021, 08:20 PM
In his first three finals games, Giannis has now put up more 40 point games in the Finals than Kobe who appeared in seven finals and played a total of 37 finals games.

Is Kobe being erased right before our eyes? If Giannis or CP3 wins FMVP do they pass Kobe all time?

your mother is a cheap $1 whore

kawhileonard2
07-12-2021, 10:36 PM

This.

DoctorP
07-12-2021, 10:37 PM
lol. why are people so ****ing ridiculously stupid?

Orange_Cassidy
07-12-2021, 10:45 PM
Idk. Seems kinda far-fetched, kenneth.

giannis is 3 wins from his first ring and finals mvp

3 more after that isn't a stretch considering his age and durability. the guys leg bent backwards and he was fine

Axe
07-12-2021, 10:50 PM
giannis is 3 wins from his first ring and finals mvp

3 more after that isn't a stretch considering his age and durability. the guys leg bent backwards and he was fine
Yep, he's much closer to kobe than he is to kong rn. You are right about that son.

AnaheimLakers24
07-12-2021, 10:56 PM
imagine barely scoring 40 in this joke of an era lol

kobe and mj average 45

Orange_Cassidy
07-12-2021, 11:07 PM
Yep, he's much closer to kobe than he is to kong rn. You are right about that son.

i said already he wont ever be compared to kobe. hes a lebron clone. people who have kobe high all time will always have him ahead of giannis due to the skill disparity. but with giannis and lebron they're more equal and based on dominance and physicality

even if giannis equals kobes career all the media is gonna do is say giannis might pass lebron with this or that.

kobes name will only be brought up if kawhi outdoes him or some new guy like booker or mitchell

if harden wasn't such a choker he would be in that discussion as well

ELITEpower23
07-12-2021, 11:11 PM
lol. why are people so ****ing ridiculously stupid?

Are you saying he's already passed up Kobe? Asking if he could do it, not that he already has. Have we given Kobe too much credit then?

DoctorP
07-12-2021, 11:23 PM
Are you saying he's already passed up Kobe? Asking if he could do it, not that he already has. Have we given Kobe too much credit then?

it's not a ****ing rap battle, people don't get erased. it's just so stupid, you ****ing moron kids with your idiotic ideas :lol

ELITEpower23
07-12-2021, 11:26 PM
it's not a ****ing rap battle, people don't get erased. it's just so stupid, you ****ing moron kids with your idiotic ideas :lol

Doc Pee, what has you flustered? Kobe is a a good player but he is facing serious competition to dethrone him from his top 12 status. I can guarantee if Chris Paul or Giannis continue to have a great Finals and collect that FMVP they will be knocking on Kobe's top 12 door.

DoctorP
07-12-2021, 11:35 PM
Doc Pee, what has you flustered? Kobe is a a good player but he is facing serious competition to dethrone him from his top 12 status. I can guarantee if Chris Paul or Giannis continue to have a great Finals and collect that FMVP they will be knocking on Kobe's top 12 door.

kobe will never be erased. bumped perhaps but this notion of erasure is quite ridiculous and unappreciative. it cheapens the game to a "what have you done for me lately" shitshow. like rap.

ELITEpower23
07-12-2021, 11:44 PM
kobe will never be erased. bumped perhaps but this notion of erasure is quite ridiculous and unappreciative. it cheapens the game to a "what have you done for me lately" shitshow. like rap.

I feel you :cheers: Good point, good point

DoctorP
07-12-2021, 11:52 PM
I feel you :cheers: Good point, good point

:lol :cheers:

And1AllDay
07-13-2021, 10:23 PM
no kobe is top 2nd best ever so giannis has a ways to climb up to get bean bryant

Axe
07-13-2021, 10:45 PM
i said already he wont ever be compared to kobe. hes a lebron clone. people who have kobe high all time will always have him ahead of giannis due to the skill disparity. but with giannis and lebron they're more equal and based on dominance and physicality

even if giannis equals kobes career all the media is gonna do is say giannis might pass lebron with this or that.

kobes name will only be brought up if kawhi outdoes him or some new guy like booker or mitchell

if harden wasn't such a choker he would be in that discussion as well
Dumb.

TheCorporation
07-13-2021, 10:49 PM
no kobe is top 2nd best ever so giannis has a ways to climb up to get bean bryant

Kobe is strongly cemented at top 12. Giannis has a real shot at passing him up in the next 3 years if he snags another MVP and a couple of FMVPs.

kawhileonard2
07-13-2021, 11:17 PM
Giannis in his first finals has already won more games than Lebron did.

Ca$H
07-13-2021, 11:56 PM

Very insensitive given Kobe's tragic death.

Wally450
07-14-2021, 11:48 AM
No he will not.

Hey Yo
07-14-2021, 12:07 PM

Rent free

GoSpursGo1984
07-14-2021, 03:09 PM
Do not know why so many Kobe haters on here. It’s like he broke a bunch of mom’s hearts or something. As a Spurs fan I am not a huge Kobe supporter but I would never constantly bash him.

8Ball
07-14-2021, 03:12 PM
Do not know why so many Kobe haters on here. It’s like he broke a bunch of mom’s hearts or something. As a Spurs fan I am not a huge Kobe supporter but I would never constantly bash him.

The Kobe bashing was almost eliminated in 2020, but Kenneth came back and started making dozens of troll threads so the Kobe bashing came back.

KirbyPls
07-14-2021, 03:48 PM
The Kobe bashing was almost eliminated in 2020, but Kenneth came back and started making dozens of troll threads so the Kobe bashing came back.

Agreed. Kenneth was the worst thing to happen to Kobe's legacy since efficiency and impact metrics.

tpols
07-14-2021, 03:51 PM
If anything giannis is erasing lebrons. Plays the same way except even more physical. And is putting up an infinitely better fight than Lebron in his first couple Finals where he got spanked.

TheCorporation
07-14-2021, 04:36 PM
If anything giannis is erasing lebrons. Plays the same way except even more physical. And is putting up an infinitely better fight than Lebron in his first couple Finals where he got spanked.

Thurston...

TheCorporation
10-06-2021, 10:39 PM
In only his first three finals games, Giannis put up more 40 point games in the Finals than Kobe who appeared in seven finals and played a total of 37 finals games.

Was Kobe erased right before our eyes? Since Giannis won FMVP did he pass Kobe yet