PDA

View Full Version : Team USA should just be from one or two NBA teams, not all stars

iamgine
07-13-2021, 12:23 AM
I've always maintained that international competition are a far inferior product than the league due to lack of chemistry. And it's not just in basketball. Even in soccer, I'd bet good league teams can easily beat all the world cup champions. And current Phoenix Suns would easily beat team USA be it from 1992 Dream Team or any other version of team USA.

Given that, clearly team USA selection committee should just take players and coaches from one or two teams to play. All voluntary basis. See which 2 teams has the most quality volunteers and just pick from there.

3ba11
07-13-2021, 12:26 AM
Popovich said that in today's game, you only need to see which team shot threes better to know who won

Talent/skill don't matter anymore because it's a 3-point contest - that's how low-tier players routinely beat our best stars

ralph_i_el
07-13-2021, 12:46 AM
Popovich said that in today's game, you only need to see which team shot threes better to know who won

Talent/skill don't matter anymore because it's a 3-point contest - that's how low-tier players routinely beat our best stars

Team USA hit 3 more 3's than Australia tonight, on a bit worse %. Australia had 6 more offensive boards than the US.

3ba11
07-13-2021, 02:35 AM
Team USA hit 3 more 3's than Australia tonight, on a bit worse %. Australia had 6 more offensive boards than the US.

Exactly - the Nigerians and Australians shot better from three, so they won

Anyone can beat the superior talent of Team USA by simply winning the 3-point contest that is today's game... Talent and skill at basketball don't matter because it's a 3-point contest