DoctorP
07-13-2021, 01:42 PM
and this is news?

HylianNightmare
07-13-2021, 01:49 PM
Orlando fultz, 5/8, and anyone on the roster not named Isaac

j3lademaster
07-13-2021, 02:01 PM
Orlando fultz, 5/8, and anyone on the roster not named IsaacYou wouldn't give up Isaac for Ben? Is he really that nice?

rawimpact
07-13-2021, 02:04 PM
They probably saw a video of his offseason shooting improvement

hateraid
07-13-2021, 02:08 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1414954477069684737

This has been news since the day they lost to ATL

eliteballer
07-13-2021, 02:49 PM
Who’s giving up an all star for him?

HBK_Kliq_2
07-13-2021, 02:54 PM
I would love for the clippers to take him. It depends if they want their junk like Morris\Zubac.

Not sure what else they would get for him and at least those guys are familiar with Doc.

Mask the Embiid
07-13-2021, 02:56 PM
Give us pascal or caris levert or d fox

GOBB
07-13-2021, 03:43 PM
Oh wow breaking news. Who didn’t see this coming

GOBB
07-13-2021, 03:50 PM
Give us pascal or caris levert or d fox

Fox yes. The other two? Need more

theman93
07-13-2021, 03:55 PM
You wouldn't give up Isaac for Ben? Is he really that nice?

Nope. Isaac is going to be DPOY one day if he can ever stay healthy, has a great work ethic, and is willing to take shots outside of 3 ft from the rim.

pandiani17
07-13-2021, 05:12 PM
This has been news since the day they lost to ATL

This.

AnaheimLakers24
07-13-2021, 09:49 PM
sign and trade with jon collins

GOBB
07-14-2021, 08:59 AM
sign and trade with jon collins

No

nayte
07-14-2021, 09:03 AM

Ben is worth more then that and more then c.j maybe some homerism but he is worth more

n00bie
07-14-2021, 09:08 AM

I hate seeing pascal play but I'd rather watch pascal than simmons.

n00bie
07-14-2021, 09:09 AM
Ben is worth more then that and more then c.j maybe some homerism but he is worth more

You're delusional. If he didn't join the league with hype he'd be a bench player.

nayte
07-14-2021, 09:12 AM
You're delusional. If he didn't join the league with hype he'd be a bench player.

Bullshit.dude is all nba defence .put him with a few shooters he will be fine

Jasper
07-14-2021, 09:32 AM
rose for Simmons straight up

highwhey
07-14-2021, 09:32 AM
Bullshit.dude is all nba defence .put him with a few shooters he will be fine

if you build your offense around ben simmons, you will forever be a round 1 exit lol, if you're lucky to make it to the playoffs. you'd have to put steph and klay around him to make it work. guy is just a blackhole in this era of spacing. forget the spacing, guy freezes up and gives up completely wide open layups :oldlol:

highwhey
07-14-2021, 09:36 AM
i used to like him early on too. i thought he could improve. pre cp3, i thought to myself he could fit into the suns bc of booker's defensive liability but offensive talent. but a team serious about contending isn't going to seek him out. he'll probably end up on some shitty team that wants him for his name alone to fill seats. 6ers are probably going to sell high anyways, his perceived value is somehow still high for a guy that refuses to shoot or do anything that will result in him shooting free throws.

nayte
07-14-2021, 09:53 AM
No offence but a lot of rubbish. You all act like he can't work on shit. He is young he can work on his shot ffs.how many times has it been said such and such can't shoot.im not happy he skipped us for the Olympics but he will sort it and you all will change you're tune.time will tell

HylianNightmare
07-14-2021, 10:19 AM
You wouldn't give up Isaac for Ben? Is he really that nice?
I don't think his body will hold up the. But you gotta have someone to pair with him. But if everything goes well, Isaac could be an amazing 2 way player. Again I don't actually think Isaac's body will hold up.

GOBB
07-14-2021, 10:45 AM
No offence but a lot of rubbish. You all act like he can't work on shit. He is young he can work on his shot ffs.how many times has it been said such and such can't shoot.im not happy he skipped us for the Olympics but he will sort it and you all will change you're tune.time will tell

What tune will he change? He’s 5 seasons in including playoffs. He’s improved as a defender but offensively? Not so much. Hasnt improved as a shooter. And sadly we can’t even tell because he doesn’t shoot. Normally people who can’t shoot we have a good enough sample size to label it as such. Him not so much. Low lost game? Non existent. Could’ve added one where he uses his size to take advantage. And he lacks a dog. An aggressive side to him. While the two things I mentioned shooting (not just 3, mid range wouldn’t hurt) and post can be improved. You can’t add a dog in you. Either it’s in your or not. Does he need to be a dog? I mean if he wants to bypass those two things and score at the rim like a Giannis? Then yes.

The thing is Ben isn’t a franchise player or even a complimentary. He’s a 3rd option glue guy. And in the right situation all the criticisms of his game would be overlooked. Because his expectations would be lessened. Which is why people keep saying Warriors. Curry Klay are the stars.. Ben can just be. Here it’s different.

But as far as improving as a player? Not holding my breath. It would be unprecedented for a guy like him to not improve and over night become the playoffs some projected he could be.

GOBB
07-14-2021, 10:53 AM

How much more?

GOBB
07-14-2021, 10:54 AM
I hate seeing pascal play but I'd rather watch pascal than simmons.

No thanks. One thing I don’t want to do is trade Ben just to get rid of him. I want someone that will upgrade this team. Not seeing it with Pascal. And we still would lack an elite guard. Which should be who Ben is traded for honestly.

Patrick Chewing
07-14-2021, 10:54 AM
Sacramento is a team that's rumored to be connected to Ben. Wonder what they would give up. Certainly not Fox. That would be dumb. Would be a steal for Philly.

GOBB
07-14-2021, 11:29 AM
Sacramento is a team that's rumored to be connected to Ben. Wonder what they would give up. Certainly not Fox. That would be dumb. Would be a steal for Philly.

Fox is due for an extension and kings drafted Tyrese Haliburton. You can slide Ben to a more natural position at PF instead of Pg which you have in Tyrese.

Wally450
07-14-2021, 12:06 PM

This has been said about him since he's come into the league and not made any improvements. Is he a great defender? Yes. Is there more to be desired from his offense? Absolutely.

pandiani17
07-14-2021, 12:11 PM
I think people are going over the top with criticism. Was he crap? Yes, but he still has the skillset and the time to put things right. People are overreacting, IMO.

rawimpact
07-14-2021, 02:35 PM
Who in their right mind is trading for a 177M/5 year contract for a guy who wont even be 3rd option offensively for that team?
Only answer I have is a team looking to rebuild with multiple horrible long-term contract guys...

rawimpact
07-14-2021, 02:36 PM
I think people are going over the top with criticism. Was he crap? Yes, but he still has the skillset and the time to put things right. People are overreacting, IMO.

Bullshit

He may have time but the team doesnt... the 76ers are missing their window of hope. This was literally the year to win it for them when the damn nets went down. Next year same thing happening? Good luck

Gudo
07-14-2021, 02:37 PM

He has been in the league for so long now. There is no time.

j3lademaster
07-14-2021, 02:43 PM
He has been in the league for so long now. There is no time.Yeah. Dude's 25. Players who are going to be superstars are already superstars at that age with maybe an exception or two in nba history. Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, Shaq... all of them were basically what they were by that age. Did they get marginally better as they hit their peaks? Sure. But they were already a version of their prime.

j3lademaster
07-14-2021, 02:47 PM
Who in their right mind is trading for a 177M/5 year contract for a guy who wont even be 3rd option offensively for that team?
Only answer I have is a team looking to rebuild with multiple horrible long-term contract guys...That may not be too bad of a contract for an allnba defender who can playmake in a few years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/mas4l7/young_nba_is_next_up_for_a_big_rights_increase/

https://frontofficesports.com/nba-seeks-75b-for-new-broadcast-rights/

GOBB
07-14-2021, 02:51 PM
Only answer I have is a team looking to rebuild with multiple horrible long-term contract guys...

Meanwhile pacers offered Brogdon and a first. So there goes your theory. Plenty of teams will. Don’t know why fans act like contracts can’t be traded. They can. Heck Al Horford was. And before a trade even occurred who thought it was possible? News break. Teams value players more than you think. So mentioning Ben Simmons contract is meaningless. Especially when guys are up for big extensions. Guys will get paid whether you like it or not. Ben has more value than you think. Time to smarten up and accept that my guy

rawimpact
07-14-2021, 02:52 PM
That may not be too bad of a contract for an allnba defender who can playmake in a few years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/mas4l7/young_nba_is_next_up_for_a_big_rights_increase/

Name a team that'll take him... and we can see what they have to gut to match the contract.

GOBB
07-14-2021, 02:54 PM
That may not be too bad of a contract for an allnba defender who can playmake in a few years.

Deangelo Russell signed for what again? Fans aren’t too bright when it comes to player salaries. Ben contract is on par with what guys get in the league today. Not sure why it’s always brought up.

rawimpact
07-14-2021, 02:58 PM
Deangelo Russell signed for what again? Fans aren’t too bright when it comes to player salaries. Ben contract is on par with what guys get in the league today. Not sure why it’s always brought up.

Which other defensive only player is contracted to get paid 35M?

These garbage teams are stupid as hell... they'll never compete for a ring. They overpay for borderine all-star players all the time because they know they cant sign anyone in free agency.

Problem with Ben is that he isnt even average offensively

j3lademaster
07-14-2021, 03:07 PM
Name a team that'll take him... and we can see what they have to gut to match the contract.Wiggins makes around 30mil. If a 3rd suitor gets involved that really wants Wiseman.

IDK how high okc is on Wiseman but maybe something like GSW gets Simmons, 6ers get Shai and Wiggins, OKC gets Wiseman and a pick? Just off the top of my head, I'm sure if someone spends some time and effort on it they can come up with something better than I can. Point is, there are plenty of teams with expirers and middle of the pack type players who can make contracts work.

j3lademaster
07-14-2021, 03:15 PM
Deangelo Russell signed for what again? Fans aren’t too bright when it comes to player salaries. Ben contract is on par with what guys get in the league today. Not sure why it’s always brought up.Yeah I remember talking to people 10 years ago about which players are actually worth 12-15mil. That's chump change now for a quality player. If that 75bil contract goes through, or if the NBA even gets in the ballpark, we'll probably look at ben's contract in the next couple of years like we view those 12-15mil contracts now.

GOBB
07-14-2021, 03:35 PM
Which other defensive only player is contracted to get paid 35M?

These garbage teams are stupid as hell... they'll never compete for a ring. They overpay for borderine all-star players all the time because they know they cant sign anyone in free agency.

Problem with Ben is that he isnt even average offensively

Teams in general both good and bad overpay. Sixers overpaid Tobias and they were a 50gm winner and playoff contender without him. It’s just what the NBA does is follow a same model. Which is what Sam Hinkie was against. Overpaying for the sake of it.

At any rate while Ben may not be an elite scorer the team trading for him may not even need that. It’s the other things they need he could improve. And if you make him a PF instead of what he’s not a PG? You’re better off. Minny could work since Towns likes the perimeter. Kings could work since they have a younger PG that’s cheaper and can shoot whole avoiding Fox max contract extension. There’s options.

Pacers tried to trade for Ben. Ijs

pandiani17
07-14-2021, 03:37 PM
Bullshit

He may have time but the team doesnt... the 76ers are missing their window of hope. This was literally the year to win it for them when the damn nets went down. Next year same thing happening? Good luck

I am not saying the Sixers shouldn't trade him, I mean that he is not as bad a player as he is being made out to be.

AirBonner
07-14-2021, 05:22 PM
Lol 76ers missed their chance

fourkicks44
07-14-2021, 06:30 PM
Simmons, Shake, Hill for CJ and Covington

Or

Lavine and Young for Simmons and Picks

Then sign Lowry.

Get it done, Morey!

Ice Trae
07-14-2021, 07:31 PM