PDA

View Full Version : That is such beautiful and in your face injustice.

Kblaze8855
07-14-2021, 02:05 PM
I doubt many of you follow hockey so I’ll give a brief explanation…

Tampa Bay won the Stanley cup last year….their best player needed offseason surgery. This guy is elite league wide. A league leading scorer….top guy. So they are gonna be capped out going into the year with his deal putting them way over so they wouldn’t be able to have the whole team. We all know how that works. Great teams break up due to salary. Well they avoided that by agreeing with the league to put him on long term IR and not count his cap number.

Well….turns out he recovered faster than usual, got back with the team(which was good without him), practiced to stay sharp, and returned for the entire playoff run….led them in scoring…led them to the Stanley cup again. Other teams were upset saying it was cap circumvention to just let him return for the playoffs when he’s supposed to be on long term IR and he’s fully
embraced the villain role. That brings us to this:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2107142334020357.png

Orange_Cassidy
07-14-2021, 02:07 PM
hockey sucks

they never recovered after that entire year was lost from a lockout

Kblaze8855
07-14-2021, 02:09 PM
He’s selling “18 Million over the cap” shirts. I can’t imagine the shitstorm if that happens in the nba. A Lebron or KD type just comes out of the ashes to win a ring with a team that shouldn’t be allowed to exist?

Someone would paint a giant asterisk onto the roof of staples center.

Kblaze8855
07-14-2021, 02:10 PM
hockey sucks

they never recovered after that entire year was lost from a lockout

Recovered to who? I don’t think hockey fans care if anyone else watches it. Especially in the places that take it serious. They are probably in their own little ecosystem.

Orange_Cassidy
07-14-2021, 02:15 PM
He’s selling “18 Million over the cap” shirts. I can’t imagine the shitstorm if that happens in the nba. A Lebron or KD type just comes out of the ashes to win a ring with a team that shouldn’t be allowed to exist?

Someone would paint a giant asterisk onto the roof of staples center.

i wonder why lebron never wore a shirt that said his teams luxury tax figures after he won a ring

https://i.ibb.co/hDNwMW7/Screen-Shot-2021-07-14-at-2-13-44-PM.png

"we beat a 73 win team!"

:lol

tontoz
07-14-2021, 02:16 PM
If you can take advantage of the rules with the permission of the league then by all means do it. Any team would do that if they could. Let the league deal with the criticism of their decision. Not Tampa's problem.

Kblaze8855
07-14-2021, 02:31 PM
i wonder why lebron never wore a shirt that said his teams luxury tax figures after he won a ring

"we beat a 73 win team!"

The 2019 or 20 Cavs had the highest payroll in nba history somehow.

tpols
07-14-2021, 03:48 PM
Not any worse than Wade, Lebron, and Bosh all taking paycuts to form a super team then getting on a stage and promising 8 rings.

"Its gon be easy!" :oldlol:

warriorfan
07-14-2021, 03:54 PM

That’s what happens when you let bron act as a general manager.

Orange_Cassidy
07-14-2021, 03:58 PM

oh yeah... didn't he get jr smith, tristan thompson and kevin love all max deals or something

FultzNationRISE
07-14-2021, 03:58 PM
Can everyone just leave Lebron out of this discussion PLEASE??? Hes not involved here. It has nothing to do with him. Hes off somewhere doing important social justice stuff, and also probably spending a million bucks with his beautiful family while being hung LARGE in the pants. HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE HATE.

So everyone please, just... stop

FultzNationRISE
07-14-2021, 04:01 PM
As far as the thread topic goes... the guy in question may be “elite” in the NHL, but he isnt the GOAT. So he cant compare to Lebron. So Im not even sure why were talking about this.

red1
07-14-2021, 04:02 PM
we need to win a cup in canada

crazy how half the league is made up of canadians and meanwhile the canadian teams are such dogshit

warriorfan
07-14-2021, 04:04 PM
oh yeah... didn't he get jr smith, tristan thompson and kevin love all max deals or something

Yeah and bragged about it after about how he got everyone paid.

:roll:

Afterwards once he realizes he ****ed the team and himself over he just ditched the them for a second time.:lol

Spurs m8
07-14-2021, 06:29 PM

"we beat a 73 win team!"

Hahaahahaha
Yep....

Spurs m8
07-14-2021, 06:30 PM

Because he got his mates paid and ran off

This is a classic bran move

Get all your mates paid and also trade away all the teams assets for 'now' pieces, that focus on what he needs and what he needs only

Then abandon ship when he fails

TheCorporation
07-14-2021, 06:51 PM

"we beat a 73 win team!"

Not any worse than Wade, Lebron, and Bosh all taking paycuts to form a super team then getting on a stage and promising 8 rings.

"Its gon be easy!" :oldlol:

LeBron is on these bois mind 24/7

Admit it :lol You LOVE all the LeBron threads. Even in a thread about hockey yall cant stop gargling royal nuts.