PDA

View Full Version : Henry Abbott(truehoop) says Dame is going to ask for a trade in the coming days.

Kblaze8855
07-16-2021, 11:12 AM
The usual “Sources close to _____ say” situation but it isn’t a nobody saying so. Guess we will see.

coastalmarker99
07-16-2021, 11:13 AM
I think the 76ers are going to get him in all honesty if he wants out.

Dame for Simmons + Thybulle plus a ton of first-round picks makes a lot of sense for both teams.

ImKobe
07-16-2021, 11:26 AM
I'd call bs but we saw the early signs of this when a legitimate source (Haynes) was hinting at Dame possibly forcing his way out. The Knicks part probably is not true, why would he leave one mediocre team for another? I guess NY would still have more flexibility even if they took on his contract and gave up a piece or two, him and RJ probably are a better duo than him & CJ at this point and if they keep Randle it's a potential ECF contender but nothing beyond that IMO.

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1416038425539579910

Trail Blazers superstar Damian Lillard has his eyes on the New York Knicks among trade destinations in the event he were to be dealt, per a source.

Hey Yo
07-16-2021, 11:28 AM
But what about loyalty?!?!?!

coastalmarker99
07-16-2021, 11:30 AM
But what about loyalty?!?!?!

The NBA at the end of the day is a business so I don't understand fans obsession with loyalty as you better believe most owners will trade a loyal player that had spent their entire career on their teams if they can get a better player in return.

hold this L
07-16-2021, 11:33 AM
The NBA at the end of the day is a business so I don't understand fans obsession with loyalty as you better believe most owners will trade a loyal player that had spent their entire career on their teams if they can get a better player in return.

He's saying that because Dame has always talked about loyalty and clowned on others that move. Life comes at you fast.

rawimpact
07-16-2021, 11:35 AM

It was dame preaching loyalty...

FultzNationRISE
07-16-2021, 11:35 AM
I think the 76ers are going to get him in all honesty if he wants out.

Dame for Simmons + Thybulle plus a ton of first-round picks makes a lot of sense for both teams.

It wouldn't make sense for the Blazers IMO.

Simmons' effort was questionable enough playing on a title contender in Philly.

Playing for a treadmill team in Portland Oregon is probably not going to bring out the competitor in him. If they make that trade they have to assume he's gonna slack and provide no real value to the franchise. And the picks they'll get from Philly are not gonna be very valuable.

I would assume you could find better trade than that if you're Portland. But maybe not. We'll see.

Ice Trae
07-16-2021, 11:37 AM
Good for Dame. Give him a chance to win

Mauzah
07-16-2021, 11:40 AM
Even with a trade Dame has proved himself to be loyal. After a certain point sometimes you just have to turn the page.

8Ball
07-16-2021, 11:43 AM
He's saying that because Dame has always talked about loyalty and clowned on others that move. Life comes at you fast.

Dame was BIG on loyalty when getting the $200M bag.

Now that its secured it ain't about loyalty anymore but how he was "wronged" and going to do what's best for his family and situation :lol

The only player that is loyal to a fault is Curry.

rawimpact
07-16-2021, 11:49 AM
Dame was BIG on loyalty when getting the $200M bag.

Now that its secured it ain't about loyalty anymore but how he was "wronged" and going to do what's best for his family and situation :lol

The only player that is loyal to a fault is Curry.

It's easy to be loyal to a team that has given you a ring or rings.

Jordans done it (if we ignore that stint with the wizards)
Kobes done it
Duncans done it
Dirks done it

But teams who play in a small market and have not won?

Lots who had to leave to win...

eliteballer
07-16-2021, 12:59 PM
Dame for Simmons?

fourkicks44
07-16-2021, 01:08 PM
Now its on.

Go get 'em Morey!

What deals do other teams have to offer?

FultzNationRISE
07-16-2021, 01:21 PM
I'll be really interested to see who actually makes a move for this guy. He just doesn't seem that motivated as a competitor.

You typically don't win a championship by paying a guy like that a lot of money :lol

ELITEpower23
07-16-2021, 01:27 PM
I'll be really interested to see who actually makes a move for this guy. He just doesn't seem that motivated as a competitor.

You typically don't win a championship by paying a guy like that a lot of money :lol

+1

Five 1st round exits, zero Finals yikes.

Maybe Schroeder + Harrel and a 1st rounder. Who says no?

bladefd
07-16-2021, 02:07 PM
I'd call bs but we saw the early signs of this when a legitimate source (Haynes) was hinting at Dame possibly forcing his way out. The Knicks part probably is not true, why would he leave one mediocre team for another? I guess NY would still have more flexibility even if they took on his contract and gave up a piece or two, him and RJ probably are a better duo than him & CJ at this point and if they keep Randle it's a potential ECF contender but nothing beyond that IMO.

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1416038425539579910

Don't Knicks have a ton of money to sign another very good player? I don't know who the free-agents are this summer

2ball
07-16-2021, 02:12 PM
Why would Dame be involved in the coach hiring process if he’s leaving? I don’t think he leaves.

ScottieQuitting
07-16-2021, 02:14 PM
Dame for Simmons?

Excellent for both parties I think

eliteballer
07-16-2021, 02:20 PM
Dame a good fit in Utah?

eliteballer
07-16-2021, 02:55 PM
Philly should go all in, who knows how long of a career Embiid has.

MrFonzworth
07-16-2021, 05:24 PM
Philly should go all in, who knows how long of a career Embiid has.

Sick of people saying this. Embbid is playing until he's 45, give it a rest

fourkicks44
07-16-2021, 06:58 PM
Lillard has just spoken and stopped short of demanding a trade. Reiterated the point he wants to stay a Blazer but is but he is uncommitted because the team is not good enough.

The Sixers are in the driver's seat here.

No one can offer more than them and this is the reason Morey was brought in to get these deals done.

They missed out on Harden, can't afford to make that mistake twice.

Charlie Sheen
07-17-2021, 11:50 AM
Lillard has just spoken and stopped short of demanding a trade. Reiterated the point he wants to stay a Blazer but is but he is uncommitted because the team is not good enough.

The Sixers are in the driver's seat here.

No one can offer more than them and this is the reason Morey was brought in to get these deals done.

They missed out on Harden, can't afford to make that mistake twice.

The dubs could offer more. I don't think Dame would end up in Golden State but they could be the third team to facilitate a trade to another team.

fourkicks44
07-17-2021, 06:35 PM
The dubs could offer more. I don't think Dame would end up in Golden State but they could be the third team to facilitate a trade to another team.

I guess it depends what Portland want. If they want a bunch of middle 1st round picks and Wiggins with an injured Wiseman that may never live up to expectations, be ass for possibly the next 10 years on a gamble then yes, Dubs could offer more.

Simmons, despite the bullshit is still and All-NBA defender and multiple All-Star, Thybulle's value is never been higher and is rising like the sun since playing for Australia, Maxey has proven he is gonna be a stayer in this league. I'm sure Morey will offer them firsts also.

If they want to have proven talent +potential the Sixers have more to offer.