PDA

View Full Version : Let the off-season time wasting begin. Team 34 vs team 23. Better team in 2022?

Kblaze8855
07-21-2021, 10:13 AM
Given the same supporting cast…let’s say it’s:

Heat Jason Williams
Suns Eddie House
Current Pj Tucker
Current Aron Baynes
2015 Jamal Crawford
2005 Robert Horry
04 Darko

Those guys plus one of these:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2107211922380326.jpeg

Obviously both would win the title. Who wins in more dominant fashion? Who goes 78-4 and sweeps the playoffs?

And of course….who wins head to head?

Airupthere
07-21-2021, 10:16 AM
Team 34 wins

ShawkFactory

Way too much size. I don't even care that they don't have the ball-handlers that 23 has.

Kblaze8855
I’m sure most would say the 2 best are on the same team….but three of the best 5 on the other along with the best shooters.

Id imagine team 23 wins a vote but assume someone takes team 34. Probably a big man fan.

Kblaze8855
07-21-2021, 10:18 AM
Well that didn’t take long. Might be closer than I imagined.

ShawkFactory
07-21-2021, 10:24 AM
I mean you'll likely have Draymond trying to defend Hakeem. Butler can't deal with Giannis.

And no one on team 23 would be able to get anything at the rim and they'd struggle on the boards. Their only chance would be to use their active hands on defense and create a lot of transition opportunities and then just shoot really well. The baseline for team 34 is just harder to deal with in a functional way and I think they'd win a series in 6.

Gudo
07-21-2021, 10:44 AM
Team 34 is more balanced. The only matchup going for team 23 is Jordan vs Ray. Others are in favor of team 34. Lebron without bronballing will be nullified by Pierce.

FKAri
07-21-2021, 10:55 AM
34, comfortably in old school rules.

Today's rules? Maybe you could exploit Shaq at both ends until you foul him out of the game. Front him on defense. He's bound to pick up an offensive foul eventually. And relentlessly attack him on the other end. So who's the 6th man?

nineiron
07-21-2021, 10:59 AM
Team 34 by 1:

Lebron vs Pierce = tie
MJ vs Allen = MJ
Butler vs Giannis = Giannis
Draymond vs Hakeem = Hakeem
AD vs Shaq = tie

ShawkFactory
07-21-2021, 11:00 AM
Team 34 by 1:

Lebron vs Pierce = tie
MJ vs Allen = MJ
Butler vs Giannis = Giannis
Draymond vs Hakeem = Hakeem
AD vs Shaq = tie

The season is over. You can drop the agenda. It's lame.

hold this L
07-21-2021, 11:05 AM
Whose going to playmake on team 34? It'll be 23 even if they get outrebounded by 5-10 per game.

nineiron
07-21-2021, 11:55 AM
The season is over. You can drop the agenda. It's lame.

what agenda? which one(s) do you not agree with?

nineiron
07-21-2021, 11:57 AM
Whose going to playmake on team 34? It'll be 23 even if they get outrebounded by 5-10 per game.

read the original post again and then ask someone with a brain to explain it to you.

Real Men Wear Green
07-21-2021, 12:02 PM
Giannis would end up as their point guard and everyone would be misused. 23 looks better on paper but we've never seen what happens when a team has to foul on every single possession and 4 or 5 guys foul out before the 4th quarter. Even though the 2 main FT shooters are terrible that is a lot of havoc to have wreaked on your line up. AD would most likely get injured guarding Shaq and don't try Dryamond Green at all. That's not going to work.

Shogon
07-21-2021, 12:08 PM
90s ball and before? Team 34, not really close.

Today's rules? Probably still 34 because 34 has enough perimeter defense to keep Shaq relatively close to the basket.

I don't think any 7 game series would be a sweep, but if they played like 10 7 game series, I think 34 wins almost every series.

Charlie Sheen
07-21-2021, 12:11 PM
Giannis would end up as their point guard and everyone would be misused. 23 looks better on paper but we've never seen what happens when a team has to foul on every single possession and 4 or 5 guys foul out before the 4th quarter. Even though the 2 main FT shooters are terrible that is a lot of havoc to have wreaked on your line up. AD would most likely get injured guarding Shaq and don't try Dryamond Green at all. That's not going to work.

Getting the ball to Shaq wasn't academic. Pierce and Ray would figure it out I'm sure. It wouldn't happen overnight. Took the Lakers a good while to figure it out. AD and Dray could work during that learning period through defensive pressure on that entry pass.

Gohan
07-21-2021, 12:20 PM
34 wins easily

Real Men Wear Green
07-21-2021, 12:39 PM
Getting the ball to Shaq wasn't academic. Pierce and Ray would figure it out I'm sure. It wouldn't happen overnight. Took the Lakers a good while to figure it out. AD and Dray could work during that learning period through defensive pressure on that entry pass.
No coach is assigned but I think we are to assume good coach and strategy. No one on 34 is a point guard but those are all smart players that would know getting it to Shaq is important.

tpols
07-21-2021, 12:42 PM
Anthony Davis would certainly get hurt trying to guard Shaq. And Hakeem on Draymond lol... The matchups are too tilted even MJ couldn't make up for it.

ShawkFactory
07-21-2021, 01:14 PM

I think Pierce would be tasked with the primary playmaking. But they'd probably try and come up with a new kind of set that doesn't require someone up top with superior handles. Kind of like what the Bucks did with Giannis in the middle

Kblaze8855
07-21-2021, 01:14 PM
I don’t understand anyone thinking either of these teams wouldn’t be close to any group that could be assembled. Any group of 5 nba players could compete with another group at least. 4-5 hall of famers?

I could see it going either way but not consistently one sided. I can’t see a Jordan/Lebron/AD trio just getting it’s shit pushed in vs anyone long term.

ShawkFactory
07-21-2021, 01:23 PM
I also think you have to factor in the consistency (or lack thereof) of the various role players too.

Just because the players are the same doesn't mean that each team will get the same thing every night. Crawford could come out and score 22 off the bench for one team but go 1-10 for the other, completely swinging the game.

Shogon
07-21-2021, 02:45 PM
I don’t understand anyone thinking either of these teams wouldn’t be close to any group that could be assembled. Any group of 5 nba players could compete with another group at least. 4-5 hall of famers?

I could see it going either way but not consistently one sided. I can’t see a Jordan/Lebron/AD trio just getting it’s shit pushed in vs anyone long term.

Overwhelming size and interior presence to the point that it’s not even close to comparable.

In a league with less spacing where teams aren’t obsessed with 3 point shooting, the 34s dominate easily.

In a league with space obsession it’s less clear but I still go with the team that has the three physically biggest dudes that are the best three bigs on either team especially when one is virtually an automatic bucket maker and foul trouble for the other team immediately.

Imagine AD and or Draymond checking out halfway through q1 almost every single game they play with 2 fouls and then you begin to see how it unfolds.