PDA

View Full Version : Neither Bucks nor the Suns will make the finals again next year

fsvr54
07-21-2021, 03:18 PM
Maybe not at all in the coming years.

Hawks going to be the next dynasty in the East IMO and you'll have a healthy Nets, retooled Philly etc

CP3's career as a consistent all star contributor is over, Booker is not a superstar and never mention his name next to Kobe's again. Suns forgot how to move the ball and paid the ultimate price in the Finals.

Murray wasn't the only piece out for the Nugs, Dozier was out and Barton was ultra rusty. Lakers we know both stars were injured.

Who knows what Kawhi's doing. He's young enough (30) to still have multiple runs as the franchise player if he goes or stays.

FultzNationRISE
07-21-2021, 03:37 PM
I'm inclined to agree.

Suns making it back would be extremely improbable. Bucks will get an overall boost in confidence from this chip, and they play in a weak conference, so they may be able to make it back with a few lucky breaks. But setting aside the unpredictability of injuries, they're not favorites on paper to make it back IMO. (Not talking about betting odds, just logically).

That said... I thought they had no chance in the finals. So ya never know.

Bronbron23
07-21-2021, 03:41 PM

Hawks going to be the next dynasty in the East IMO and you'll have a healthy Nets, retooled Philly etc

CP3's career as a consistent all star contributor is over, Booker is not a superstar and never mention his name next to Kobe's again. Suns forgot how to move the ball and paid the ultimate price in the Finals.

Murray wasn't the only piece out for the Nugs, Dozier was out and Barton was ultra rusty. Lakers we know both stars were injured.

Who knows what Kawhi's doing. He's young enough (30) to still have multiple runs as the franchise player if he goes or stays.

Nah man. Greek gonna go on a 90's mj type run. Dude just had one of the greatest finals ever and he is still improving.

And hawks and trae ain't doing shit and i like trae. Small gaurds who can't defend don't impact the game like bigger players that can. Trae dosn't impact the game like greek.

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 03:45 PM
Both these teams wouldn't have been to the Fianls if it wasn't for injuries this year, but I like the Bucks chances to return more than the Suns, having a bonafide superstar with a solid cast is always dangerous, the Suns have a couple of All-star caliber players with a decent cast, that formula in the past has shown not to be consistent.

Bucks might need another Nets injury to return, Suns to me are a one hit wonder, Booker to me is overrated & CP3 isn't getting any younger.

999Guy
07-21-2021, 03:46 PM
Nah man. Greek gonna go on a 90's mj type run. Dude just had one of the greatest finals ever and he is still improving.

And hawks and trae ain't doing shit and i like trae. Small gaurds who can't defend don't impact the game like bigger players that can. Trae dosn't impact the game like greek.

Lol. Nobody ever is ever owning this era.

The KD WARRIORS GOT 2/3.

Giannis is gonna go 1/10 or 2/10 and call it a career. It’s not like Milwaukee’s core around Giannis is young either.

Giannis is not the best player in his conference. That’s how loaded this era is.

Phoenix is a damn college age team outside Paul and they did all this. They look like they’ll be in the hunt for the next half decade.

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 03:47 PM

KD outplayed Giannis in the playoffs this year, not by much, but he did, now imagine that Nets team with a healthy Kyrie and Harden, wouldn't be fair.

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2021, 03:47 PM
what a BOLD prediction OP

WOW

SouBeachTalents
07-21-2021, 03:50 PM
If healthy (obv a HUGE if at this point), the Nets are the clear title favorites. Hell, they could lose Harden or Kyrie and if Durant maintains his current level of play, they'd prob still win the title. The two L.A. teams are honestly two big question marks. AD seems unreliable to stay healthy, and LeBron's going to be 37 years old, I just don't know how much he still has left in the tank at this point. Meanwhile the Clippers future is completely hazy, Kawhi could miss a lot of if not all of next season, and he seems 100% unreliable to remain healthy for a title run these days. And let's not forget, he could legit bounce and go somewhere else this offseason :lol

If the L.A. teams remain iffy, the Bucks are honestly probably the 2nd best team in the league. If the Nets fail to stay healthy again, I could see them winning another chip. The Suns I'm honestly not quite as sure about. CP3 will also be 37 next year, he's gonna have to fall off one of these days, and even if the L.A. teams are questionable, you have the Nuggets and even the Warriors emerging, depending on health of course. The Bucks are for sure in much better position to make the Finals again over the coming years than the Suns are, I think this was their one real shot.

bullettooth
07-21-2021, 03:58 PM
Don't care who wins next year as long as it's not a piece of shit like LeBron.

Micku
07-21-2021, 04:07 PM
If healthy (obv a HUGE if at this point), the Nets are the clear title favorites. Hell, they could lose Harden or Kyrie and if Durant maintains his current level of play, they'd prob still win the title. The two L.A. teams are honestly two big question marks. AD seems unreliable to stay healthy, and LeBron's going to be 37 years old, I just don't know how much he still has left in the tank at this point. Meanwhile the Clippers future is completely hazy, Kawhi could miss a lot of if not all of next season, and he seems 100% unreliable to remain healthy for a title run these days. And let's not forget, he could legit bounce and go somewhere else this offseason :lol

If the L.A. teams remain iffy, the Bucks are honestly probably the 2nd best team in the league. If the Nets fail to stay healthy again, I could see them winning another chip. The Suns I'm honestly not quite as sure about. CP3 will also be 37 next year, he's gonna have to fall off one of these days, and even if the L.A. teams are questionable, you have the Nuggets and even the Warriors emerging, depending on health of course. The Bucks are for sure in much better position to make the Finals again over the coming years than the Suns are, I think this was their one real shot.

Pretty much.

The West is pretty much a wild card and have tons of competition. But LeBron is aging and AD's health is shaky, so who knows what's gonna happen with that. Denver is gonn'a come back healthy. Clips is shaky with Kawhi and they gott'a resign some players. Dallas could get someone good give Luka some help. GSW could emerge again and Utah might be back. The East depends on whatever or not the Nets are healthy I feel. Philly might get better. But the Bucks is right up there and could be the 1st or 2nd best team in the East depending on the Nets health. Even with the Heat and Hawks, I think they need more pieces. Heat got Bam, but they need him to improve. Herro reportedly ain't focus too much on improving his skills as they hoped he would. The Hawks, even though Trae got hurt late, their confidence should be pretty high. But I still don't think they need another piece.

Like you said, the Bucks chances going back to the finals is higher than the Suns.

Jay-B
07-21-2021, 04:25 PM
Suns will fall off big time, I still don’t think they are for real, CP3 did help them big time this year but he will fall off soon and so will the Suns. The bucks won’t win a championship or be in the finals for a long time, I can see them making it to the 2nd round and efc in the coming years but that’s it

outofstomach
07-21-2021, 04:38 PM

yeah you’re a moron. when this ages horribly don’t edit your post

StrongLurk
07-21-2021, 04:55 PM
Depends on who gets injured again...

Naero
07-21-2021, 06:53 PM
You never know with how volatile the NBA is.

No one expected a Bucks-Suns Finals this year, either, yet oppositional injuries and underachievements paved the way. Plus, both teams are bound to improve: the Suns are still ripening outside of CP3, and the Bucks should be shooting more confidently than ever now that they've overcame the championship-winning pressure. We'll just have to see how the off-seasons unfold for other prospective title-contenders.

The Nets will be much more favorable next year, though. They'll be healthier with a less taxing schedule, more motivated, and better-gelled. That's why I'm grateful we capitalized on this year because although one's championship window is never locked shot, I really don't expect us to have a better chance moving forward without becoming an actual superteam.

MrFonzworth
07-21-2021, 07:00 PM

Hawks won't be a dynasty bro is John Collins even staying

red1
07-21-2021, 07:00 PM
nets are near lock from the east.

and the west is a bloodbath.

you're probably right OP.

Jasper
07-21-2021, 07:09 PM

Obviously if you thought so highly on Booker , you are not a reliable source about the future.
However I believe both teams will make the playoffs... and if Bucks land one or two players as role players ,,, dropping their bottom 5 players
they could make a stink again 2021/2022. Bucks have a YOUNG CORE.

Jasper
07-21-2021, 07:15 PM
You never know with how volatile the NBA is.

No one expected a Bucks-Suns Finals this year, either, yet oppositional injuries and underachievements paved the way. Plus, both teams are bound to improve: the Suns are still ripening outside of CP3, and the Bucks should be shooting more confidently than ever now that they've overcame the championship-winning pressure. We'll just have to see how the off-seasons unfold for other prospective title-contenders.

The Nets will be much more favorable next year, though. They'll be healthier with a less taxing schedule, more motivated, and better-gelled. That's why I'm grateful we capitalized on this year because although one's championship window is never locked shot, I really don't expect us to have a better chance moving forward without becoming an actual superteam.

When Giannis defended KD , it impacted him !!!
If the Bucks can drain the swamp with the bottom 5 players on the roster , and pull a couple of vets that can play in roles (ie their strong suits)
They can compete to win the East again... 'never give up on a champion'

j3lademaster
07-21-2021, 08:05 PM
I don't know. Middleton and Giannis will have a new championship swagger coming into next season, and Giannis is the type of superstar who's willing to play defense and do the dirty work roleplayers like playing around. Don't be surprised Bucks sign a few good ringchasers for cheap. And of course you can never trust Kyrie's health.

gonzaldo
07-21-2021, 08:05 PM
In the past 3 years there were 6 different finalists. This is a pretty rare occurence, so who knows? Maybe ts a new trend, maybe its an anomaly, that is ending now. Outside of cp3 Suns are young team that could improve. If thet keep the core, i can imagine them going to the finals at some point in the future, maybe without cp3.
Bucks who knows, Giannis has found another gear and they had some injuries too. Expecting a 34 y Durant to be healthy enough to overthrone them is not a safe bet.

fsvr54
07-21-2021, 08:11 PM

Shows you know nothing about the Hawks. They are loaded with young talent; far from a one man show. Hunter and Reddish are pieces just as important as Trae... Okongwu, Huerter etc

fsvr54
07-21-2021, 08:15 PM
Hawks won't be a dynasty bro is John Collins even staying

Collins it the least important of the Hawks core

Must keeps:
Trae
Hunter
Reddish
Okongwu
Huerter

I'd keep Capela and sign and trade JC. People who don't watch the Hawks consistently think Collins is better than he actually is.

Bronbron23
07-21-2021, 09:44 PM
Lol. Nobody ever is ever owning this era.

The KD WARRIORS GOT 2/3.

Giannis is gonna go 1/10 or 2/10 and call it a career. It’s not like Milwaukee’s core around Giannis is young either.

Giannis is not the best player in his conference. That’s how loaded this era is.

Phoenix is a damn college age team outside Paul and they did all this. They look like they’ll be in the hunt for the next half decade.

Why nobody? It's no different than any other era. There's a handful of teams that can win and right now at the moment half of those teams best players are in their early 30's or older and are in decline or starting their decline. Bron is 37. Kd is gonna be 33 with repaired Achilles and his teammate kyrie is always injured. Kawhi is injury prone and will be coming off an acl tear. Are u serious dude? Who is the major threat?

Bronbron23
07-21-2021, 09:48 PM
KD outplayed Giannis in the playoffs this year, not by much, but he did, now imagine that Nets team with a healthy Kyrie and Harden, wouldn't be fair.

Sure if there ever gonna be healthy. I don't know what makes u think they will though. Kyrie is always hurt and kd is gonna be a 33 year old with a repaired Achilles. The 3 teams that are there biggest threat all have star players in who are injury prone. Don't be surprised if bucs go back to back.

Axe
07-22-2021, 01:18 AM

Can't see the warriors returning to the finals unless they can get someone with the same calibre like kd before