PDA

View Full Version : Giannis and the bucks didn't win this series. Paul and Monty threw it away

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 04:16 PM
giannis did what he did because Monty Williams refused to build a wall and use what the heat and raptors used to make giannis look ordinary. giannis 1 on 1 is unstoppable. but in 5 on 5 he's utterly useless as a leading man and this finals is probably going to be his only success. bookmark this thread and bump it 5 years from now after giannis never again makes the nba finals. we're all prisoners of the moment and even I was yesterday. but after watching the highlights it was a layup line for giannis. it was a joke. ayton didn't even try and basically mailed it in for all of game 6.

paul also shat the bed and wasn't nearly as good after games 1 and 2. he turned into classic CP0. he never belonged in the finals. had the clippers made it and kawhi not been hurt they probly win in 5. they had the defensive makeup and 2 former raptor players that remember how they embarrassed giannis. he is the exact same player he was the last few years. he hit his free throws in game 6 but that was an anomaly. he sucked the other 5 games so don't expect that going forward.

and even with all that going for the bucks and everything going against the sun's it was still a tight game down the stretch IN MILWAUKEE.. so I'm not sold on this title. its a nice story and organic. good for the nba overall but next year a super team is winning the chip. whether it be a newly formed big 3 Lakers. a newly formed big 3 warriors. a healthy bug 3 nets or possibly a healthy clippers. all I know is the bucks are a 1 and done title team and giannis just ran into the worst defensive coach possible for this series.

this should be more about Paul's failed legacy/Monty needing to be fired than giannis cementing his. period

https://i.ibb.co/Nmf1WWm/monty-paul-0.jpg

Mr. Jabbar
07-21-2021, 04:21 PM
whoa! someone didnt make the cut to the familia

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 04:25 PM

i retired from trolling last night. it's in my apology thread

Mask the Embiid
07-21-2021, 04:33 PM
Giannis literally beat 3 teams who built a wall...INCLUDING THE SAME EXACT HEAT TEAM THAT BEAT HIM

what in the hell are you talking about :oldlol:.THEY COULDNT SCORE....Thats why they lost

HBK_Kliq_2
07-21-2021, 04:36 PM
Not double teaming Giannis was pretty retarded. You only do that if you have a Kawhi Leonard type defender to put on him, which they clearly did not. Monty loves small ball, so i guess it's no surprise that he didn't respect Giannis.

If you're not going to double team, at least hack him. Do something, damn.

8Ball
07-21-2021, 04:36 PM

OP is a fraud, tried to set up a capo family with nothing more than a patch of grass as territory.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 04:38 PM
Giannis literally beat 3 teams who built a wall...INCLUDING THE SAME EXACT HEAT TEAM THAT BEAT HIM

what in the hell are you talking about :oldlol:.THEY COULDNT SCORE....Thats why they lost

giannis averaged 23ppg on 45% in round 1 vs miami. he was carried by his teammates. the nets suck at defense and the hawks shouldn't even have been there. if Ben simmons wasn't such a shook little b*tch the 76ers go to the finals instead of the bucks. embiid with that wall strategy would cuck the sh*t out of giannis lol

I can't believe I gotta be the one to say this TO YOU of all people

Mask the Embiid
07-21-2021, 04:41 PM
giannis averaged 23ppg on 45% in round 1 vs miami. he was carried by his teammates. the nets suck at defense and the hawks shouldn't even have been there. if Ben simmons wasn't such a shook little b*tch the 76ers go to the finals instead of the bucks. embiid with that wall strategy would cuck the sh*t out of giannis lol

I can't believe I gotta be the one to say this TO YOU of all people

Giannis destroys us everytime we play them....literally every...single..time

we wouldnt have beat them.He makes every single jumper when embiid guard hims for some reason and makes ben simmons his personal bch anytime he guards him....Its like he takes it personal whenever ben guards him...he gets off on humiliating him or something

We are the raptors to giannis's lebron...i shit u not. he makes every bullshit shot he throws up vs embiid for some reason

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 04:43 PM
Giannis destroys us everytime we play them....literally every...single..time

we wouldnt have beat them.He makes every single jumper when embiid guard him and makes ben simmons his personal bch anytime he guards him....Its like he takes it personal when that ben guards him...hes gets off on humiliating him or something

you probly play face up 1 on 1 style and embiid can't back peddle quick enough. build a wall and giannis becomes ordinary like round 1 vs miami. last year vs miami and the year before that vs toronto

999Guy
07-21-2021, 04:49 PM
Eh Paul is 36.

But I pretty much agree. Giannis should never be able to do what he did to them that deep in the playoffs. Any team capable of winning the West should be able to slow down a like Solomon Grundy, retarded but stronger version of LeBron.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 04:51 PM
Eh Paul is 36.

But I pretty much agree. Giannis should never be able to do what he did to them that deep in the playoffs. Any team capable of winning the West should be able to slow down a like Solomon Grundy, retarded but stronger version of LeBron.

Shannon Sharpe actually called giannis the best player in the league lol. he dropped his goat like a bag of shit.. personally I'd still rather have an old fat alcoholic lebron leading my team in the playoffs than a prime giannis

this was a fluke championship through and through.. perfectly suited opponents due to injuries

j3lademaster
07-21-2021, 04:56 PM
The guy who dropped 50 with elite defense and hustle won this series.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 04:58 PM
The guy who dropped 50 with elite defense and hustle won this series.

Monty and Paul gifted giannis a ring

tontoz
07-21-2021, 05:02 PM
Suns were outrebounded by 16 last night and shot 6-25 from 3. Pretty easy to see why they lost.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 05:12 PM
Suns were outrebounded by 16 last night and shot 6-25 from 3. Pretty easy to see why they lost.

like I said ayton quit and Monty made zero adjustments. guys kept going baseline sneaking in for rebounds.

and Paul as their leader made others lose confidence when he himself lost his own. the body language told the entire story. he checked out after game 3.. this is on Monty and Paul

giannis never drops this kinda line. it's a fluke

I couldn't think of a worse finals coaching performance. tyron lue in montys place gets the job done

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2021, 05:32 PM
Monty and Paul gifted giannis a ring

I have a different definition of gifting when it requires 3 40+ pt games incl a 50-piece with 5 blocks.

And lol at Giannis being bad on defense against Brooklyn?! Wut haha

And another lol at saying Suns couldnt score.

They had the highest FG% of any losing finals team ever iirc.

You have unrealistic expectations for Paul.

He did just fine.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 06:02 PM
I have a different definition of gifting when it requires 3 40+ pt games incl a 50-piece with 5 blocks.

He did just fine.

that's why it was a gift. they just gave him a layup line to the rim. when did giannis really have to make difficult shots other than his own damn free throws. context is everything and those big scoring games had zero offensive highlights. just a big block

TheCorporation
07-21-2021, 06:08 PM

He did just fine.

It's Kenneth Griffin. He's braindead but he's doing his best.

tontoz
07-21-2021, 06:11 PM
Watching the second half now and the Suns big flaw is glaringly obvious. I like Crowder but if he is your starting 4 you are going to have a big problem on the boards and defending the interior. He is better at the 3.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 06:21 PM
It's Kenneth Griffin. He's braindead but he's doing his best.

hey everyone look. its Steve the administrator that threatens posters with legal action and contacting their service providers when they make a vocaroo recording simply mocking someone's voice

this guy is wound up so tight he actually believed a post I made about getting 5% of ISH's ad revenue. so much to the point where he said he would complain to Jeff. this tool is boring and repetitive. none of his posts are entertaining. he's Jeff's right hand man and he actually drives away traffic

a reeeeal Munson

inb4 Steve rage ban

Jasper
07-21-2021, 07:35 PM
bucks defense won this matchup.
Remember Giannis was the best player on the floor.
Holiday stagnated CP3 , and Booker quite frankly would be Bucks 3rd option if the Bucks had him.

Bucks are a seasoned playoff team , and Suns played in these playoffs for the first time in a DECADE.

Naero
07-21-2021, 09:02 PM
The Suns did try walling him off earlier in the series, and they would’ve continued doing so if it were that simple. It’s just not as effective on Giannis anymore, who’s learned to respond to it better.

Even without a dependable jumpshot, he’s found more ways to score. He’s added low-post hooks and fadeaways to his repertoire, which he’s often fallen back on successfully when he didn’t have the full real estate to drive.

It also helps that the Bucks played a much more dynamic offense this series rather than their predictable five-out fallback. His teammates have been hitting their shots much more consistently since Game 3, which has punished the Suns for overcommitting to the paint.

The Suns made their fair share of mistakes, but what losing team didn’t? Outcomes are always a combination of one team stepping up and the other underperforming, and there wasn’t any silver-bullet strategy that armchair coaches think the Suns could’ve done to win it easily.

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2021, 09:10 PM
that's why it was a gift. they just gave him a layup line to the rim. when did giannis really have to make difficult shots other than his own damn free throws. context is everything and those big scoring games had zero offensive highlights. just a big block

u retarded bro

literally

Axe
07-22-2021, 01:16 AM
OP is a fraud, tried to set up a capo family with nothing more than a patch of grass as territory.
It seems we got ourselves an undercover and that's no other than op :(

HALLandOATES
07-22-2021, 03:10 AM

Dude you’re getting mad at this guy when you don’t even know what you’re blabbing about

Bucks won but Gianiss was horrible(again) , they shut his shtt down AGAIN
.Guessing he averaged around 20ppg?? He was bad

Miamis offense was just worse

building a wall against him works,it’s not just something someone made up just to take a jab at him like you think

HALLandOATES
07-22-2021, 03:16 AM
Heat shut him down again 1st round

there’s schemes that can contain him

he’s the same Giannis he’s been the past 3 years

I bet if you looked at his points from that 50gm they almost all came from layups/dunks
or fts

He’s not shaq, teams have in the past figured out ways to stop him ,suns aren’t one of them

Edit :I’m not knocking him,I still think he’s a top 13/14 player right now ever(right behind Durant/Dirk,will pass Dirk soon..)

coin24
07-22-2021, 03:29 AM
Imagine relying on career loser cp0 to deliver a title:lol

His whole career was summed up in game 4. Loser

wagexslave
07-22-2021, 06:40 AM
Watching the second half now and the Suns big flaw is glaringly obvious. I like Crowder but if he is your starting 4 you are going to have a big problem on the boards and defending the interior. He is better at the 3.

As a Suns fan I agree completely. We needed a real 4 with some height and rebounding to play next to Ayton.(hopefully Jalen Smith can develop into that dude) Ayton was gassed tho by the end of the series and clearly mentally drained trying to multitask against Giannis and Lopez as nobody else on the team could guard them. We got killed on the boards all series long and that was a big part. But I can forgive Ayton as he's 22 in his first playoffs and was tasked with one of the hardest defensive tasks possible. Also CP3's height disadvantage was tough too... he simply couldn't guard anyone on the Bucks effectively due to his lack of length. But they could guard him well.

That said CP3 also did disappear in all of game 4 and most of game 5 and we were only down 1 possession with 30 secs left in both of those games. If he just showed up a bit more in those games we win the series. It was bizarre... he never looked that scared to try to do something all season long. Idk if Jrue or the moment was getting in his head or what. But oh well... I forgive him.

And Monty did make poor mistakes and lack of adjustments. Worst moment for me was when he didn't call a timeout when we were down 1pt with 30 seconds left in game 5... like why are you saving your timeout there? Then Book ran into a trap and got stripped. We should have called a TO and drawn up a play. Also was upset with Monty the times Bucks were going on a big run and he refused to call a timeout until the damage was already severe. Bud was way smarter with his timeouts, called them fast af to stop our runs.

Booker had a good series overall but he was a bit inconsistent. Had a bad game 3 and got taken out early with a sore hamstring, and had a mediocre game 6. If he had even close to his usual average efficiency in game 6 we win that one. For his first ever playoffs let alone Finals I can't be mad. He had back to back 40 point games on good efficiency, and never looked shy of the moment, kept attacking. Meanwhile CP3 just decided to disappear multiple games for some reason, not looking like he wanted to run the offense let alone shoot.

Overall it was just a bunch of close ass games that could have easily gone the Suns way if they just did any of those things a tiny bit better, or if the Bucks just did things a tiny bit worse. This is a huge lesson for the Suns in how important every little play and decision is. It sucks, but I think it was a good learning experience for the young guys on how hard it is to win a chip and how you gotta try your ass off every play. I gotta give it up to the Bucks though, it is what it is... they earned it... they played exactly up to the level that they needed to play to do just barely better than us 3 games in a row and win the series. In game 6 it took one of the most insane performances by Giannis, but he stepped it tf up and was hitting everything he threw up. It was incredible... he looked possessed. Dude was even hitting every FT. And they got it done.

wagexslave
07-22-2021, 06:44 AM
Heat shut him down again 1st round

there’s schemes that can contain him

he’s the same Giannis he’s been the past 3 years

I bet if you looked at his points from that 50gm they almost all came from layups/dunks
or fts

He’s not shaq, teams have in the past figured out ways to stop him ,suns aren’t one of them

Edit :I’m not knocking him,I still think he’s a top 13/14 player right now ever(right behind Durant/Dirk,will pass Dirk soon..)
Actually he was hitting a lot of his turnaround fadeaways and jumpers in that game suprisingly. And even almost every FT he threw. It was just insane. He played out of his mind. Dude just couldn't miss a shot...

Axe
07-22-2021, 06:49 AM
As a Suns fan I agree completely. We needed a real 4 with some height and rebounding to play next to Ayton.(hopefully Jalen Smith can develop into that dude) Ayton was gassed tho by the end of the series and clearly mentally drained trying to multitask against Giannis and Lopez as nobody else on the team could guard them. We got killed on the boards all series long and that was a big part. But I can forgive Ayton as he's 22 in his first playoffs and was tasked with one of the hardest defensive tasks possible. Also CP3's height disadvantage was tough too... he simply couldn't guard anyone on the Bucks effectively due to his lack of length. But they could guard him well.

That said CP3 also did disappear in all of game 4 and most of game 5 and we were only down 1 possession with 30 secs left in both of those games. If he just showed up a bit more in those games we win the series. It was bizarre... he never looked that scared to try to do something all season long. Idk if Jrue or the moment was getting in his head or what. But oh well... I forgive him.

And Monty did make poor mistakes and lack of adjustments. Worst moment for me was when he didn't call a timeout when we were down 1pt with 30 seconds left in game 5... like why are you saving your timeout there? Then Book ran into a trap and got stripped. We should have called a TO and drawn up a play. Also was upset with Monty the times Bucks were going on a big run and he refused to call a timeout until the damage was already severe. Bud was way smarter with his timeouts, called them fast af to stop our runs.

Booker had a good series overall but he was a bit inconsistent. Had a bad game 3 and got taken out early with a sore hamstring, and had a mediocre game 6. If he had even close to his usual average efficiency in game 6 we win that one. For his first ever playoffs let alone Finals I can't be mad. He had back to back 40 point games on good efficiency, and never looked shy of the moment, kept attacking. Meanwhile CP3 just decided to disappear multiple games for some reason, not looking like he wanted to run the offense let alone shoot.

Overall it was just a bunch of close ass games that could have easily gone the Suns way if they just did any of those things a tiny bit better, or if the Bucks just did things a tiny bit worse. This is a huge lesson for the Suns in how important every little play and decision is. It sucks, but I think it was a good learning experience for the young guys on how hard it is to win a chip and how you gotta try your ass off every play. I gotta give it up to the Bucks though, it is what it is... they earned it... they played exactly up to the level that they needed to play to do just barely better than us 3 games in a row and win the series. In game 6 it took one of the most insane performances by Giannis, but he stepped it tf up and was hitting everything he threw up. It was incredible... he looked possessed. Dude was even hitting every FT. And they got it done.
I wonder if toody would be fit for that role lol

wagexslave
07-22-2021, 09:16 AM
I wonder if toody would be fit for that role lol

lol That would be a strange ass line up to see especially in today's era... Toody and Ayton side by side as twin tower defensive centers.