PDA

View Full Version : Despite Booker having a "meh" Finals, he still played better than Kobe in the Finals

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 06:18 PM
28/4/4 on 54 TS%

for comparison sake here is Kobe's numbers in the Finals...

2000 - 15.6 ppg | 39 fg%
2001 - 24 ppg | 41.5 fg% | 50 TS%
2002 - 27 ppg | 51 fg% | 62 TS% (very efficient)
2004 - 23 ppg | 38 fg% | 46 TS%
2008 - 26 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 50.5 TS%
2009 - 32 ppg | 43 fg% | 52.5 TS%
2010 - 29 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 52.8 TS%

Booker's trash TS% is still higher than 6/7 of Kobe's TS% in the Finals.

:roll:

Spurs m8
07-21-2021, 06:21 PM
Imagine being a Lakers 'fan' and shitting on Kobe every opportunity you get, or make

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 06:25 PM
Imagine being a Lakers 'fan' and shitting on Kobe every opportunity you get, or make

Imagine changing your username 7 times.

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2021, 06:25 PM
Its pretty funny Kobe fans trying to come down on him when Kobe in 7 tries never played this good lmao.

Brickbe is filthy overrated

ImKobe
07-21-2021, 06:28 PM
So you list the mediocre rebounds/assists from Booker but only show ppg and scoring efficiency from Kobe. Nice. Also, I'm almost 100% sure OP is Smoke and he's binge drinking after CP0's pathetic choke in the Finals.

Its pretty funny Kobe fans trying to come down on him when Kobe in 7 tries never played this good lmao.

You're really this ****ing delusional?

He's clearly not a Lakers' fan, just some retarded alt or a Shaq stan at best.

SouBeachTalents
07-21-2021, 06:29 PM

You know I'm no Brickbe fan, but at minimum '09 was definitely a better series. And if you factor in opponent and era, '10 prob was too. Statistically '02 would be better, but considering he had peak Shaq balling against a garbage opponent, I'd prob give Booker the nod

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2021, 06:31 PM
You know I'm no Brickbe fan, but at minimum '09 was definitely a better series. And if you factor in opponent and era, '10 prob was too. Statistically '02 would be better, but considering he had peak Shaq balling against a garbage opponent, I'd prob give Booker the nod

2010 was horrible, cmon now.

2009 was an absolute joke after game 1.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 06:33 PM
I thought we eaten good boyz. isn't this rang number 5 for Kang. why we still obsessed with brick

as on and off again part time leader of the bran fam I denied OPS application for stunts like this just the other day. it doesn't help our cause. if anything it makes us look fragile and timid trying to prove our guy is ahead of someone we ourselves rank 12th all time. it almost makes it look like we're too shook of MJ comparisons and settle for ones we actually might have a case for if we keep counting rings from other players that have similar styles..

do we have 4 or 5 ranks Kang fam? can someone please answer this because I gotta know whether or not to order a lebron 2021 finals mvp t shirt

Ne 1
07-21-2021, 06:33 PM

He’s not. I remember years ago when I first came on here he got exposed as some old doofy looking Celtics fan from bleacher report or something.

8Ball
07-21-2021, 06:34 PM

This is why Kobe is around top 12.

Kobe is just not able to muster a performance like Giannis in the finals.

And a random Jimmy Butler / Booker first time finals is better than nearly all Kobe finals.

MadDog
07-21-2021, 06:34 PM
He played "better than Kobe" if you think defense and playmaking don't matter. By the numbers AKA nerd stats, 02 and 09 Kobe was better. Higher BPM and GameScore. :confusedshrug: How do you make this thread, and with a straight face call yourself a Laker fan?

ImKobe
07-21-2021, 06:35 PM

Bro, '01, '02, '08, '09 and '10 were all clearly better. Booker does not play defense, he just fouls or gives up an easy bucket. You can tell these idiots are trolling or just delusional when OP lists Kobe's 27 ppg on 62%TS against the #1 defense (best perimeter defense in the league) with better rebounding, playmaking, defense and clutch play yet claims that Booker was better than him in that series.. Booker himself had to speak out and tell the media NOT to compare him to Kobe as he's nowhere near close to him as a player.

ArbitraryWater
07-21-2021, 06:35 PM
This is why Kobe is around top 12.

Kobe is just not able to muster a performance like Giannis in the finals.

And a random Jimmy Butler / Booker first time finals is better than nearly all Kobe finals.

Im not sure Kobe is even top 12. There‘s nothing he does better than Book or Beal.

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 06:36 PM
Let the meltdowns begin.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 06:36 PM
Let the meltdowns begin.

why aren't you happy today. Kang won his 5th

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 06:37 PM
why aren't you happy today. Kang won his 5th

Im laughing my ass off to be honest.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 06:39 PM
is this thread retaliation for everyone on TV including giannis poking fun at kangs collusions and ring chasing while also saying giannis just took the torch

are Kang Familia members not eating good today?

tell us what's really going on OP

8Ball
07-21-2021, 06:40 PM
Im not sure Kobe is even top 12. There‘s nothing he does better than Book or Beal.

Kobe is top 12 because of longevity which can't be discounted. The dude made a lot of all-nba teams. Scored a lot of points. Went to 7 finals.

But at his absolute peak, 7 finals we don't have any iconic finals performances. Not 1 game I can think of in the finals that is better than even a random Jimmy Butler game.

Kobe had 7 tries to come up with an all-time finals performance and we don't even have 1 all time finals game. Not even 1 all time finals game?

Jordan had so many all time finals games. Shaq had an entire series of all time finals games. Wade. LeBron. Jimmy Butler. Magic. Kareem. Duncan.

Kobe ain't there.

MadDog
He’s not. I remember years ago when I first came on here he got exposed as some old doofy looking Celtics fan from bleacher report or something.

I replied before reading this post. But hahahaha

1987_Lakers
is this thread retaliation for everyone on TV including giannis poking fun at kings collusions and ring chasing while also saying giannis just took the torch

are Kang Familia members not eating good today?

tell us what's really going on OP

You said so yourself Booker losing would mean it's an L for the Kobe fam because they play similar.

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 06:41 PM
I replied before reading this post. But hahahaha

Already posted my pic here numerous times, I'm from Cali.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 06:42 PM
Im laughing my ass off to be honest.

kobes legacy is cemented. nobodies looking into his shooting percentages every day except you. kobes mentioned on every sports talk show with mj daily as the "he ain't those guys" go to line..

he has an award named after him. he's been Michael jacksoned/Kurt Cobained/John lennoned in the basketball community.

its pointless to even worry about him

you should instead be worrying about giannis and the media starting to all turn on your guy. cause once they find a new guy to back your guys roid abuse won't be protected anymore

8Ball
07-21-2021, 06:43 PM
You said so yourself Booker losing would mean it's an L for the Kobe fam because they play similar.

This is the thing with Booker.

Things look great when he scores a lot, but he is actually invisible on all other aspects of the game when he doesn't score. Sounds familiar?

4 assists and 4 rebounds.

And that is our criticism of Kobe. We just don't feel impact on the game when he doesn't score.

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 06:44 PM
kobes legacy is cemented. nobodies looking into his shooting percentages every day except you. kobes mentioned on every sports talk show with mj daily as the "he ain't those guys" go to line..

he has an award named after him. he's been Michael jacksoned/Kurt Cobained/John lennoned in the basketball community.

its pointless to even worry about him

you should instead be worrying about giannis and the media starting to all turn on your guy. cause once they find a new guy to back your guys roid abuse won't be protected anymore

this ^ ... kobrick never faced Kang. how can 2009 be legit when all he did was beat the Orlando tragic. anyone throughout history could beat that team. worst finals matchup ever. If snitchbe lost to fright coward in the finals he it woulda been more pathetic than his 2004 choke job

From your own mouth.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 06:46 PM
From your own mouth.

nobody in or around the nba or in the media is worried about kennethgriffins insidehoops troll account sarcastic posts. what you need to start doing is laying down a narrative among fans that discredits giannis because hes your biggest threat now

kobes place is secure

MrFonzworth
07-21-2021, 06:46 PM
From your own mouth.

He's doing a bit. He doesn't really like Kobe, he's a bran Stan, he's using this dup though to make Kobe stans look bad.

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 06:47 PM
nobody in or around the nba or in the media is worried about kennethgriffins insidehoops troll account sarcastic posts. what you need to start doing is laying down a narrative among fans that discredits giannis because hes your biggest threat now

kobes place is secure

Don't deny, deep down you meant every word you said.

8Ball
07-21-2021, 06:47 PM

kobes place is secure

No it isn't.

Durant / Curry / Giannis already gonna claw away at Kobe's all time ranking when their career is done. Luka too.

Curry gonna go from top 12 to top 16 in a few years.

It isn't cemented nor secure.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 06:48 PM
He's doing a bit. He doesn't really like Kobe, he's a bran Stan, he's using this dup though to make Kobe stans look bad.

this ^

its a double cross

or is it. I don't even know at this point

ImKobe

100%. He's like Fultz but not as obvious at first glance.

TheMan
Already posted my pic here numerous times, I'm from Cali.

Rumor has it you're really a balding fat dude from Boston :confusedshrug:

Ne 1
Let the meltdowns begin.

You got exposed making identical posts and threads as a self described Celtics fan from Boston on a Boston sports forum lol

SouBeachTalents
07-21-2021, 06:49 PM
Bro, '01, '02, '08, '09 and '10 were all clearly better. Booker does not play defense, he just fouls or gives up an easy bucket. You can tell these idiots are trolling or just delusional when OP lists Kobe's 27 ppg on 62%TS against the #1 defense (best perimeter defense in the league) with better rebounding, playmaking, defense and clutch play yet claims that Booker was better than him in that series.. Booker himself had to speak out and tell the media NOT to compare him to Kobe as he's nowhere near close to him as a player.
It's unfair to compare '01 & '02 when Kobe had Shaq playing out of his mind against a weak opponent, while Booker was out here against a much stronger opponent with 36 year old CP3. Booker had the burden of carrying the team in a way Kobe didn't in those series. Sure, the contrary argument is Kobe in Bookers place scores more points and has a better series in a much easier era to scorer, which I wouldn't disagree with, but when one guy has to shoulder the load and the other is basically on easy street, personally I give the nod to Booker for those years.

'09 Kobe was definitely better, literally higher averages across the board on slightly worse efficiency, and I agree with you when you factor in the opponent and era, 2010 Kobe was better too, though not as decisively as '09

warriorfan
Op has low iq and is a manlet

HunterSThompson
No it isn't.

Durant / Curry / Giannis already gonna claw away at Kobe's all time ranking when their career is done. Luka too.

Curry gonna go from top 12 to top 16 in a few years.

It isn't cemented nor secure.

the people who put Kobe in their top 10 will never take him out of it. and the people who have Kobe outside their top 10 will never have him inside it. his votes on any debate forum or ranking system are like imdb votes. he's either getting a 10 or a 1 and the medium will prevail. meaning he will never fall out of the top 10. he's too polarizing.

8Ball
07-21-2021, 06:51 PM
Then it isn't secure!

If people will dispute it constantly it won't be secured.

Just like Jordan vs LeBron debates. It will happen for another 50 years. There will be no rest in discussions on every single forum / platform.

red1
07-21-2021, 06:53 PM
definitely looked like a budget kobe out there. some nice scoring and a lot of bricks.

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 06:54 PM
Rumor has it you're really a balding fat dude from Boston :confusedshrug:

That's why they are called rumors. I'm a Mexican just like yourself.

ImKobe
07-21-2021, 06:58 PM
It's unfair to compare '01 & '02 when Kobe had Shaq playing out of his mind against a weak opponent, while Booker was out here against a much stronger opponent with 36 year old CP3. Booker had the burden of carrying the team in a way Kobe didn't in those series. Sure, the contrary argument is Kobe in Bookers place scores more points and has a better series in a much easier era to scorer, which I wouldn't disagree with, but when one guy has to shoulder the load and the other is basically on easy street, personally I give the nod to Booker for those years.

'09 Kobe was definitely better, literally higher averages across the board on slightly worse efficiency, and I agree with you when you factor in the opponent and era, 2010 Kobe was better too, though not as decisively as '09

It's not unfair. Kobe and Shaq were basically the entire team from '01 - '02. Those teams were TOP HEAVY. Shaq dominated the first 3 quarters (Kobe had a lot to do with setting him up for easy baskets) and then Kobe would take over and he was the best closer/4th quarter player in the league those years and was routinely the best player in the toughest match-ups in the Western Conference.

Kobe's '01 Finals is much better, as is '02, '09 and '10.. Look at the difference in the defense and the pace for one and then look at Kobe being the playmaker, the elite perimeter defender and the #1 closer on his team and actually winning the damn series. Their Finals opponents were a cakewalk and there's nothing I can do about that fact, Shaq had the easier match-ups as the EC defenses were loaded on the perimeter but weak inside but Kobe's the one who got them there when Shaq wasn't ridiculously dominant in the WC Playoffs. 2008 Kobe is better as well, he simply was undermanned against the best defense since the '04 Pistons but still put up 26/5/5/3 which is still better when you account for the era and the team that he faced and the lack of help he had in that series.

Booker had a mediocre Finals but he had great players around him, the 28 ppg is the only thing that's going for him but it's honestly not that impressive in this era, 25 ppg meant something in the 2000s.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 06:59 PM
Then it isn't secure!

If people will dispute it constantly it won't be secured.

Just like Jordan vs LeBron debates. It will happen for another 50 years. There will be no rest in discussions on every single forum / platform.

you dont get it. kobe/Mike are worldwide jesus like status among basketball fans. magic and bird are close.. lebrons more hated than liked it seems. especially now after the anti white/anti America stuff. hes very dependent in a small hardcore fan base. Kobe used to be like that but his death and life after basketball bridged the gap with casual fans.. lebron still has to mend that bridge. he might never

so when his following dies I don't see him hanging onto his place all time. he likely slips a bit. not out of the top 10 but he won't be top 5 20 years from now.

Kobe will always have a special place in people's hearts due to his death, his loyalty, all 20 years being in LA, winning legit without shaq, having aesthetically pleasing highlights that still astound. and being a great family man after basketball. he also wasn't controversial outside of the rape allegations. he was very patriotic but at the same time built the black community and progressed female sports. he was a feminist but at the same time a strong male that was proud to wear the American colors. Kobe is and always will be near the top of the nbas most memorable stars.

most people just want that bad taste from lebrons career out of their mouths.

TheMan
07-21-2021, 07:06 PM
That's why they are called rumors. I'm a Mexican just like yourself.

That's your online persona...supposedly. BTW, I've lived in the SoCal area a few years and I never met a Laker fan who hated Kobe so you're at the very least one curious dude if you're really are whom you claim to be but that's really fishy to say the least.

HunterSThompson
07-21-2021, 07:07 PM
if they released a movie with some old footage of kobe today it would get a 9/10 imdb score

lebrons fan rating is a 4/10 with a 2/10 US rating.. people despise him now. the kids and women going to see space jam are more into the cartoon characters lol

1987_Lakers
07-21-2021, 07:09 PM
That's your online persona...supposedly. BTW, I've lived in the SoCal area a few years and I never met a Laker fan who hated Kobe so you're one curious dude if you're really are whom you claim to be but that'sreally fishy to say the least.

I'm from northern cali, my parents are from Jalisco, a 3 hour drive from Guadalajara. I grew up a Laker fan cause of the 1st 3 peat and nobody in the bay area really gave a damn about the Warriors back then, and yes I was a fan of Kobe and to be honest I don't dislike him as much as it seems, I just like to troll the shit out of kenneth to be honest, before he came back you rarely saw me make Kobe threads. I'm not a huge Kobe fan compared to other Laker fans because I was never a huge fan of his inefficient play style, but I can't deny he's a legend, but on the same breath as LeBron, Kareem, MJ etc? Not even close.

red1
07-21-2021, 07:10 PM
if they released a movie with some old footage of kobe today it would get a 9/10 imdb score

lebrons fan rating is a 4/10 with a 2/10 US rating.. people despise him now. the kids and women going to see space jam are more into the cartoon characters lol

4 x 4 x 4 >>> 2/7 or 6/24

in a different era not playing the most stacked team of all-time or with a bit of luck health-wise - that could've been 6 or 7 rings...