PDA

View Full Version : NBA finals up 32% compared to 2020

Spurs m8
07-22-2021, 04:31 AM
See, the fans have spoken

No one misses a certain someone, and people would prefer real ball over colluded, watered down Mickey rings.

The league has a bright future :pimp:

Phoenix
07-22-2021, 04:36 AM
If we can remove player leanings for a second, I think that was bound to happen. This time last year we were in the early stages of a pandemic lockdown and I dont think anyone was particularly concerned about anything else other than the existential crisis many were facing. This year it seems like the world at large has basically said fukkit and realized that whatever this thing is, its here and we have to carry on with life. So I think no matter who was in the finals it would have increased. People want a return to normalcy. My question is, how are other sports tracking in terms of ratings?

Lebron23
07-22-2021, 06:21 AM

No one misses a certain someone, and people would prefer real ball over colluded, watered down Mickey rings.

The league has a bright future :pimp: don't worry the Spurs won't make it into the playoffs again next year.

HylianNightmare
07-22-2021, 06:29 AM
Feck lebum

DJmicah
07-22-2021, 09:44 AM

The league has a bright future :pimp:
bro im tired of seeing people with this bubble insult, yall know damn well if your favorite player or team did well/won you wouldnt talk that way about it. its just an excuse because you dont like how it turned out smh

nineiron
07-22-2021, 09:52 AM
it was refreshing to see some real skill being displayed in these finals. Middleton, Booker, CP3 and Holiday made some BIG shots.

Giannis was impressive on the FT line and didn't choke like you know who.

we basketball fans want to watch basketball SKILL, not stiff arms and travels.

not surprised ratings are up.

Airupthere
07-22-2021, 09:53 AM
It has been an entertaining playoffs, not just the finals.

Jasper
07-22-2021, 09:56 AM
Someone has to say it ... sad all the injuries occurred.
I remember Charles Barkley stating why is AD always injuried ?? his conditioning isn't up to NBA par.

FKAri
07-22-2021, 10:44 AM
If we can remove player leanings for a second, I think that was bound to happen. This time last year we were in the early stages of a pandemic lockdown and I dont think anyone was particularly concerned about anything else other than the existential crisis many were facing. This year it seems like the world at large has basically said fukkit and realized that whatever this thing is, its here and we have to carry on with life. So I think no matter who was in the finals it would have increased. People want a return to normalcy. My question is, how are other sports tracking in terms of ratings?

OP's conveniently ignoring that viewership was down over 30% from 2019 and over 40% from 2018. :oldlol:

getting_old
07-22-2021, 01:44 PM
and compared to 2019?