PDA

View Full Version : Let us Assess Giannis' path the a Championship

jalbert009
07-22-2021, 03:40 PM
Lol at my auto spell it's changed the title. Can a mod change "the" to "to" thanks.

Round 1 - Miami Heat

Stars
Jimmy Butler
Bam Adebayo

Notable Role Players
Goran Dragic
Tyler Herro
Trevor Ariza
Andre Iguodala
Duncan Robinson
Kendrick Nunn

These guys are the Defending Eastern Conference Champions. They have a pretty solid line up with a good mix of youth and vets. There were no all stars in the Heat this year but Jimmy missed too many games. He would have been an all star easily considering their season record.

Second Round - Brooklyn Nets

Stars
Kevin Durant
James Harden
Kyrie Irving

Notable Role Players
Blake Griffin
Deandre Jordan
Jeff Green
Joe Harris
Spencer Dinwidle

This has been an Injury plagued team all year however aside from the Big 3, you have really good vets Including Blake Griffin a former super star who has accepted a lesser role but is able to step up anytime when one of the big 3 were Injured which he did. Then we have Joe Harris who is a knock out shooter. It was a popular opinion that this team was going to win it all especially after the acquisition of Harden and Blake. Even with Kyrie getting injured and Harden hobbled they were still a capable team and Blake was proving to be a reliable 3rd option in the series.

Easter Conference Finals - Atlanta Hawks

Stars
Trae Young

Notable Role Players
John Collins
Kevin Huerter
Cam Reddish
Bogdan
Clint Capela
Danilo Galinari
Lou Williams

This team is a very young 1 star team with so much potential. Their whole line up is solid with some good veteran presence like Lou and Capela. Trae accomplished so much this Post season and has silenced many of his hating critics. This post season success has even boosted Trae's case over Luka his draft class competition. However, I personally believe 76ers should have made it to ECF but managed to choke away the series. This Hawks team did not give me ECF vibes. Kudos to Hawks for making the ECF.

Finals - Phoenix Suns

Stars
Chris Paul
Devin Booker
Deandre Ayton

Notable Role Players
Jae Crowder
Mikal Bridges
Cameron Payne
Cameron Johnson

This Team has 3 stars in CP3, Booker and Ayton. You have an elite Floor general, elite scorer and elite post presence. This team will only get better with more experience. However, I was expecting the Lakers or Clippers to be in the Finals to be honest. Although the Suns had a very dominant regular season and lived up to their success and made the finals. Overall I feel like a stronger team could have been representing the West if there weren't injuries to key players.

Would you say this was a difficult path to a Championship? The East certainly looks much more competitive compared to the 2000s and most of 2010s.

What do you think are the chances of the Bucks repeating next year?

Gudo
07-22-2021, 03:44 PM
I would say this is a very difficult path. Specially the first round. Butler = Lebron >> Giannis so that was a huge challenge from the get-go.

Then you have Ayton, a future top-3 all time GOAT. Ayton >>> Bill Russell if anyone does not know yet.

jalbert009
07-22-2021, 03:49 PM
I would say this is a very difficult path. Specially the first round. Butler = Lebron >> Giannis so that was a huge challenge from the get-go.

Then you have Ayton, a future top-3 all time GOAT. Ayton >>> Bill Russell if anyone does not know yet.

I have to agree. It was tough having the Heat as your first round opponent considering they were in the Finals last year. However, mist of felt good for the Bucks to get revenge so early in the post season.

And Ayton. Wow. He really made a big leap in his game this year. He will be a perennial all star now IMO. There's not many elite Centers right now either. But come on man, I don't think Ayton will ever reach Russell's Status in Basketball.

Gudo
07-22-2021, 03:56 PM
I have to agree. It was tough having the Heat as your first round opponent considering they were in the Finals last year. However, mist of felt good for the Bucks to get revenge so early in the post season.

And Ayton. Wow. He really made a big leap in his game this year. He will be a perennial all star now IMO. There's not many elite Centers right now either. But come on man, I don't think Ayton will ever reach Russell's Status in Basketball.

I do seriously think the Buck's path this year was not easy and we got to enjoy all of the matchups. The part about butler and ayton are sarcasm. These are bronstan takes.

Hey Yo
07-22-2021, 04:07 PM
I do seriously think the Buck's path this year was not easy and we got to enjoy all of the matchups. The part about butler and ayton are sarcasm. These are bronstan takes.

The path wasn't easy, that's what makes it even more caparable to LeBron

RachlNicholsazz
07-22-2021, 04:24 PM
Did somebody says asses?

8Ball
07-22-2021, 04:50 PM
Atlanta was a historically weak ECF team and Trae was hurt last 2 years.

Brooklyn was a legit playoff team.

Phoenix suns was a semi legit team.

Heat was a semi legit team.

Overall about the same in terms of difficulty as the 2020 Lakers path. Not that hard historically. Not that easy either.

2019 Raptors are better than Suns and Bucks 2021.

bullettooth
07-22-2021, 04:52 PM
LeBron's finals opponent was Giannis' first round opponent.

LOL....

8Ball
07-22-2021, 04:53 PM

LOL....

2020 Heat are historically weak finals team. Lettuce be real.

The WCF was the finals last year, same as early 2000s.

bullettooth
07-22-2021, 04:55 PM
2020 Heat are historically weak finals team. Lettuce be real.

The WCF was the finals last year, same as early 2000s.

Them and the 2019 Raps were the weakest teams to make the finals since the 2009 Magic.

SouBeachTalents
07-22-2021, 06:07 PM
Them and the 2019 Raps were the weakest teams to make the finals since the 2009 Magic.
2019 Raps? Hell nah, that team was legit. They won at a 60 win pace without Kawhi the following season and nearly made the conference finals. This years Suns team imo was worse than the Raps, and I think they'd have a legit shot at beating the Bucks too

jalbert009
07-22-2021, 06:36 PM
Heat was a semi legit team.

LOL....

This is a very interesting take. That heat team also took the Lakers to 6 games. I wonder how this year's Bucks would have handled that Lakers Squad if they made the Finals.