PDA

View Full Version : Was Holiday choking?

tontoz
07-22-2021, 04:14 PM
Since the Bucks won this will get swept under the rug but there were a lot of games where Holiday completely wet the bed. His TS of 44% in the finals was painfully bad, 48% overall for the postseason.

During the regular season his TS was 59%.

Was he being haunted by the ghost of Bledsoe?

Manny98
07-22-2021, 04:18 PM
He arguably the best player in game 5 and was amazing defensively the entire series so overall he was good.

I don't think they win if they still had Bledsoe

RachlNicholsazz
07-22-2021, 04:18 PM
His main job was defense bruh

tontoz
07-22-2021, 04:21 PM
He's been a good defender his whole career. I don't remember it affecting his offense like this. I remember him giving Dame fits in the playoffs years ago when he was in New Orleans and it didn't affect his shooting.

He averaged 18 ppg in the regular season.

8Ball
07-22-2021, 04:46 PM
No?

How is a game winning steal + lob a choke?

His job was to defend the opposing team's top guard. Something Bledsoe could never do.

They didn't trade him for his offence. Holiday was never a great offensive player and his offense suffers in the playoffs as a result.

tontoz
07-22-2021, 04:48 PM
No?

How is a game winning steal + lob a choke?

His job was to defend the opposing team's top guard.

They didn't trade him for his offence.

Actually they did, at least in part.

They got rid of Bledsoe because of his horrible shooting. Bledsoe was a good defender himself but his inability to shoot killed them in the playoffs.

pandiani17
07-22-2021, 04:54 PM
He definitely had some bad games in the finals.

StrongLurk
07-22-2021, 05:07 PM
His scoring was unacceptable in the finals for a player of his caliber...he had elite defense for sure, but he sucked at scoring for 2021 standards.

Kblaze8855
07-23-2021, 05:17 PM
He shot poorly much of the time but he did not play bad basketball.

FireDavidKahn
07-23-2021, 05:20 PM
Did you watch him on defense?

tontoz
07-23-2021, 05:29 PM
Did you watch him on defense?

Yeah but i have seen him play great defense before without shooting like crap. It hurt even more because he was taking a lot of shots.

He had games of 4-19, 4-20, 7-21 just in the Finals.

If they had lost the series it would have been rough for him.

warriorfan
07-23-2021, 05:33 PM
He arguably the best player in game 5 and was amazing defensively the entire series so overall he was good.

That game 5 from him was something else.

If they did lose the series he would have gotten roasted though. Even bringing great defense…he shot absurdly bad at times. Tough to excuse that.

imdaman99
07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
Mans was hovering at 4-20 in multiple games :lol but he took turns shutting down Book and CP3. Bucks don't win without his heroics in game 5.

ballin33
07-23-2021, 10:38 PM
As a Milwaukee fan who closely watched every game, it definitely was a mixed bag. His defense plus game 5 was definitely a major factor, but man 4-20 is rough. Part of it he was just missing layups (maybe tired legs?), other times he was just forcing bad shots. I think the bigger story is that you rarely saw Middleton, holiday, and Giannis all play well together outside of that game 5. Hopefully another year of continuity will help.

Jasper
07-23-2021, 11:43 PM
As a Milwaukee fan who closely watched every game, it definitely was a mixed bag. His defense plus game 5 was definitely a major factor, but man 4-20 is rough. Part of it he was just missing layups (maybe tired legs?), other times he was just forcing bad shots. I think the bigger story is that you rarely saw Middleton, holiday, and Giannis all play well together outside of that game 5. Hopefully another year of continuity will help.

Game 4 his shot was horribly off, and thought he was getting into a deep slump.
SAW a vid of him and his family , and it was story similar to Middleton's... Be more aggressive and your game will come out.
This is funny because if you look at my posts on the championship thread , I stated he should just do layups, forget about jumpers , and
feed his teammates.
first two minutes He is knocking down jumpers and playing aggressive... his defense was right there.

Game 6 he was like reverting back , and he was not playing CP3 at all on the defensive end... Remember this is a first time chip series for all
these guys, and the next time those stupid jumpers or misses will go away...

8Ball
07-24-2021, 12:32 AM

What you saw Holiday in the playoffs is simply who he is. He ain't gonna get better.

Yet worth every pick you sent to get him.

hold this L
07-24-2021, 12:37 AM

Nahh, he wasn't good. His defense was amazing, but he was taking far too many bad shots and unlike Middleton, he didn't make them. At least with Middleton you'll get a 50% positive return in a series, Jrue was shooting like garbage for the entire series except for a game and a half. And continued to take extremely difficult shots when he had 2, 3 players around him contesting, which is just low IQ decision making for the supposed-PG.

If Jrue only took 8 or so shots per game, you would be fine with his play due to his defense, passing, etc. The guy was taking a ton of shots and bricking everything.