PDA

View Full Version : Do you think LeBron could win a Championship without a HOFer like Giannis?

Drygon
07-23-2021, 06:39 PM
Wade, Bosh, Kyrie & AD are definitely HOF locks. Love might get in.

Middleton is 30 years old and is a 2x all star so it is very unlikely he gets in.

Could LeBron win a ring without HOFers by his side like Giannis just did?

warriorfan
07-23-2021, 06:48 PM
No. Giannis has surpassed LeBron and his collusions with this non asterisk ring.

Hey Yo
07-23-2021, 07:00 PM
LOL @ Kyrie being a HOF'er in 2016.

eot .... go back to real gm, phagg

Spurs m8
07-23-2021, 07:06 PM
Well history says no

Couldn't do it first Cleveland stint

Couldn't even make the playoffs first Lakers year

Couldn't even come close to winning a playoff game without AD this year

This clown needs a lot of help for a so-called GOAT

And for anyone who disagrees, come back to me when he's actually done it

Spurs m8
07-23-2021, 07:06 PM
LOL @ Kyrie being a HOF'er in 2016.

eot .... go back to real gm, phagg

Yep..that average of nearly 30ppg in the finals was nothing.

Spurs m8
07-23-2021, 07:07 PM
Also, props to Mike for elevating Pippen to HOF status

Hey Yo
07-23-2021, 07:13 PM

Not surprised you're too dumb to understand the thread.

Axe
07-23-2021, 08:18 PM
Also, props to Mike for elevating Pippen to HOF status
Yup, totally saved him from his 1-9 skidmarks too. :cheers:

SaintzFury13
07-23-2021, 08:35 PM
I don't see how Irving is a HOF lock, at least not at this point in his career. He's had some legendary moments with a lot of accolades but for the most part he's a flawed player who demonstrated time and time again that he is not capable of leading a team. At least Kevin Love, for all of his failures, has broken NBA records.

Irving got lit up by Shaun Livingston in game 1 and nearly turned the ball over in the final minutes when he bum rushed all the way to the rim and almost threw the ball out of bounds, all while attempting to play hero ball every chance he got and wasting many possessions as a result. His 3 pointer over Curry is legendary as is his performance in game 5 but he's not a hall of fame lock by any means.

No. Giannis has surpassed LeBron and his collusions with this non asterisk ring.

I'm going to assume this isn't trolling and just ask for the sake of argument: in what way was is this a non asterisk ring but LeBron's four title wins aren't? Apart from Miami, you can make the argument that any of LeBron's finals opponents were superior to what Giannis had to deal with against the Suns.

Indian guy
07-23-2021, 08:41 PM
This isn't meant as a slight to Giannis, but I would say most superstars would've won a title this season with that Bucks roster and the competition they faced in the playoffs.

RRR3
07-23-2021, 08:49 PM
This isn't meant as a slight to Giannis, but I would say most superstars would've won a title this season with that Bucks roster and the competition they faced in the playoffs.
LeBron would have won with the 09 Cavs if he had the path Giannis had this year.

shrempf_on_rice
07-23-2021, 08:49 PM
Well history says no

Couldn't do it first Cleveland stint

Couldn't even make the playoffs first Lakers year

Couldn't even come close to winning a playoff game without AD this year

This clown needs a lot of help for a so-called GOAT

And for anyone who disagrees, come back to me when he's actually done it

This! I've never seen a so called Goat just begging to stack his team, summer after summer after summer....

SouBeachTalents
07-23-2021, 10:55 PM
No, neither could Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Shaq, or almost any of the top 10 who never won without a HOFer, only Giannis would be capable of doing something like this

kawhileonard2
07-23-2021, 11:05 PM
Kawhi could though.

Who says Middleton won't be a HOF? In 1991 after the Bulls first title only MJ would have been a HOF. Maybe even after 1992 as well.

HunterSThompson
07-23-2021, 11:07 PM
pau gasol had less accomplishments than khris middleton before he won his first title with kobe. wait and see if he wins another title and makes a few more allstar games and then create this thread

Naero
07-23-2021, 11:16 PM

If you mean top-tier ones like peak Jordan and LeBron, sure. I definitely wouldn't argue most, however.

It's not like the Bucks won handily; they started off in an 0-2 hole with their 3 of their backdoor-sweeping wins going down to the wire. This was despite Giannis averaging 35 PPG efficiently and playing DPOY-level defense. If he played mediocrely like so many other superstars have on the biggest stage—especially for their first trips—the Suns would be champions, and no one would be calling them weak competition.

kawhileonard2
07-23-2021, 11:30 PM

Just like any star in place of Lebron in 2020 would have won with that roster.

SATAN
07-24-2021, 04:45 AM
Extremely low IQ thread.