PDA

View Full Version : 34 yr old anti-vaxxer dead from Covid

tontoz
07-24-2021, 10:12 AM
California man who said he had ’99 problems but a vax ain’t one’ dies from COVID-19

A Hillsong church member contracted the virus after skepticism about its impact and the vaccine

Tributes are pouring in on social media for Stephen Harmon, a 34-year-old congregant of Hillsong Church who died of COVID-19 after he posted jokes about the pandemic.

Harmon, a graduate of Hillsong College, died Wednesday after a month-long bout with the coronavirus, The Daily Beast reports. Prior to his death, he shared several social media posts in which he appeared to not take the pandemic too seriously.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-man-said-had-99-221500116.html

HunterSThompson
07-24-2021, 11:03 AM
these stories don't help the lefts agenda. they only hurt it. its like that episode of star trek when everyones pushing that game onto wesley cause its like crack and he knows right away something isn't right cause they're too aggressive about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jk9UIN9GC0

warriorfan
07-24-2021, 11:21 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-man-said-had-99-221500116.html

Dude was fat as ****. Not highwhey fat but pretty damn fat. I’ve said many times the vax is for fats, old people, gays with aids. Normal people shouldn’t get it. 99.99% survival rate.

Off the Court
07-24-2021, 11:30 AM
its like that episode of star trek
https://media.tenor.com/images/8a8c79f5d1fb9fbed52101d9c3d51a9e/tenor.gif

HunterSThompson
07-24-2021, 11:44 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/8a8c79f5d1fb9fbed52101d9c3d51a9e/tenor.gif

yes i am sort of a nerd when it comes to science fiction shows and movies. i love time travel stuff too

next generation is the only star trek series i like. it has good comedy and drama. and the original movies are also very entertaining

anyone that doesn't enjoy wrath of khan, the voyage home or undiscovered country are either lying to themselves or they never saw the movies

jstern
07-24-2021, 12:32 PM
He was part of the vulnerable population (overweight). And unfortunately he also got bacterial pneumonia, which can do a number on your lungs. Overall it sounded as though he had a very weak immune system.

I'm interested in knowing what the survival rate for people his age.

If you're part of the vulnerable population, you should get vaccinated. And, or try to get healthy.

Manny98
07-24-2021, 12:47 PM
Meh, still not getting the vaccine

https://media.giphy.com/media/15aGGXfSlat2dP6ohs/giphy.gif

Cleverness
07-24-2021, 01:21 PM
Deaths from people aged 30-39 years in 2020/2021:

7,074 died with Covid

128,785 died without Covid

TheMan
07-24-2021, 02:37 PM
Meh, still not getting the vaccine

https://media.giphy.com/media/15aGGXfSlat2dP6ohs/giphy.gif

You belong to the age group where Covid19 isn't likely gonna land you in the hospital or worse. I'm not getting vaccinated, I already had Covid last year so I already have the antibodies, my immune system kicked the shit out of that coronavirus cawksucker. Older people and vulnerable people should get vaccinated and that's it, young people and kids don't need it, especially considering that if you're vaccinated you can still infect other if you get infected again :facepalm

tpols
07-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Dude was fat as ****. Not highwhey fat but pretty damn fat. I’ve said many times the vax is for fats, old people, gays with aids. Normal people shouldn’t get it. 99.99% survival rate.

Implementation of the vaccine is just a vessel for what their main goal is, which is to achieve tighter technological control and data harvesting. They're trying to make scanning into every place you go normal so your phone is like a digital fingerprint you can never leave behind.

Cleverness
07-24-2021, 02:49 PM
You belong to the age group where Covid19 isn't likely gonna land you in the hospital or worse. I'm not getting vaccinated, I already had Covid last year so I already have the antibodies, my immune system kicked the shit out of that coronavirus cawksucker. Older people and vulnerable people should get vaccinated and that's it, young people and kids don't need it, especially considering that if you're vaccinated you can still infect other if you get infected again :facepalm

Common sense right here ^

Axe
07-25-2021, 06:14 PM
They're aiming for herd immunity and these vaccines could help achieve that somehow.

Norcaliblunt
07-25-2021, 06:29 PM
Viral theory is bullshit. Point blank period.

Cleverness won’t say this though.

baudkarma
07-25-2021, 08:10 PM

99.99%? Wow, those numbers have climbed in the past few months. Once again, I suspect anti-vaxxers of pulling numbers out of their own ass, or out of some other anti-vaxxers ass. Also, do you know what percentage of the US population is overweight? Obese? You're basically saying that if you contract the virus, and you pass it on to some pregnant mother who subsequently dies (because pregnancy is also a risk factor) then it's their fault for not getting vaccinated. Nevermind that the right has also argued that the Covid vaccine is not only useless, but downright harmful.

Axe
07-25-2021, 08:23 PM
99.99%? Wow, those numbers have climbed in the past few months. Once again, I suspect anti-vaxxers of pulling numbers out of their own ass, or out of some other anti-vaxxers ass. Also, do you know what percentage of the US population is overweight? Obese? You're basically saying that if you contract the virus, and you pass it on to some pregnant mother who subsequently dies (because pregnancy is also a risk factor) then it's their fault for not getting vaccinated. Nevermind that the right has also argued that the Covid vaccine is not only useless, but downright harmful.
Lmao never take a crackhead's opinion for granted or at least don't take them seriously. And the welfarefan is no exception to that.

theman93
07-25-2021, 10:05 PM

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fd4rj1e4ydo061.j pg%3Fauto%3Dwebp%26s%3Dca4dc94d61e984b3983a2eea041 e6d3b177df3cb&f=1&nofb=1

TheMan
07-26-2021, 01:47 AM
They're aiming for herd immunity and these vaccines could help achieve that somehow.

Well, I already have the antibodies, so what's the point in getting vaccinated? People who have been vaccinated could still infect other if they get re-infected right? So what's the point in young folk getting vaccinated if the probabilities of the getting seriously ill is really really low?

BurningHammer
07-26-2021, 02:24 AM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fd4rj1e4ydo061.j pg%3Fauto%3Dwebp%26s%3Dca4dc94d61e984b3983a2eea041 e6d3b177df3cb&f=1&nofb=1

Unfortunately, it is fake.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/dec/22/tweets/viral-tweet-cites-made-cdc-covid-19-survival-rates/

BurningHammer
07-26-2021, 02:31 AM
Well, I already have the antibodies, so what's the point in getting vaccinated? People who have been vaccinated could still infect other if they get re-infected right? So what's the point in young folk getting vaccinated if the probabilities of the getting seriously ill is really really low?

Here is what I found from reddit r/askscience member answering this question:

There's very little published research on the precise protective efficacy of prior infection, but what there is suggests that it's around 95% (Assessment of the risk of SARS-CoV-2 reinfection in an intense re-exposure setting (https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1846/6033728)) - The same as, or higher than, most of the available vaccines.
But that was in the context of homologous challenge (that is, people were being exposed to the same strain as they were previously infected with), and was over a fairly short period.
The COVID vaccines probably have two main advantages over infection (three, if you count the obvious one that you won't get sick and die from the vaccine). First, the vaccine-induced immunity is going to be much more consistent. If you vaccinate 100 people, they'll most have a fairly similar level of antibodies. If you infect 100 people, 20 or 30 of them will be asymptomatic and probably have a fairly low antibody response, 50-60 will get sick but have a pretty good immune response, maybe a dozen will get quite sick and may have a variable immune response. So you end up with a much more inconsistent response.
What's more, even the good responses to the natural infection are not better than the vaccine response. Most of the authorized vaccines give antibody responses that are consistently as good as or better than the best natural immune responses.
What does that mean for heterologous immunity (immunity against variants)? We've seen pretty strong hints that what the variants do is raise the threshold of protection. That is, if protection against the same virus needs an antibody titer of (arbitrary number) 1000, then the variants might need 4000. The vaccines give say (and again, these are made-up numbers) an average of 6000, with a range between 4000-8000; so most people are protected against the variants. The natural infections give an average of 6000, but with a range between 1000-8000; most people are still protected, but a fairly large minority are not.
This is not formally shown, but most of the pieces have been shown - the inconsistent immunity, the 4-fold difference in neutralizing titer, the fact that vaccines give antibody responses equal to or higher than natural infection - so it's likely most of the explanation.

FatrickChewing
07-26-2021, 02:53 AM

I think you have HIV/AIDS. You dirty Mexican. You need to stop sucking D1cks, and letting guys penetrate your poop hole.

RoseCity07
07-26-2021, 04:17 AM
These anti vaxxer people are so ignorant there is no hope for them. I'm lucky to have a college education I guess. I could be one of these kids out there thinking they know more than the scientific community. It really is unbelievable how stupid some people can be.

Axe
07-26-2021, 04:49 AM
It reduces the impact of the virus on oneself and the rate of being hospitalized i guess.

Manny98
07-26-2021, 05:01 AM

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/dec/22/tweets/viral-tweet-cites-made-cdc-covid-19-survival-rates/

No it's not fake you f*cking moron :facepalm

coin24
07-26-2021, 06:16 AM
These anti vaxxer people are so ignorant there is no hope for them. I'm lucky to have a college education I guess. I could be one of these kids out there thinking they know more than the scientific community. It really is unbelievable how stupid some people can be.

That’s funny, because a lot of doctors, scientists and people in the medical field have been saying for ages now that masks are a waste of time and so are lock downs. However barely any government in the world listens to them and they all follow the same agenda.
Yet you listen to the government when they tell you things based on advice from their “health experts” contradicts that and they keep forcing a vaccine that by its own definition is not even a vaccine?
It didnt make sense at the start of this bs pandemic and it still doesn’t. If taking the vaccine makes you feel extra smart and a good little boy then go for it, enjoy the boosters forever. As others have said the elderly and at risk people should definitely have it, how they can say it’s safe for pregnant women, breastfeeding or kids is insane..

TheMan
07-26-2021, 07:50 AM
I think you have HIV/AIDS. You dirty Mexican. You need to stop sucking D1cks, and letting guys penetrate your poop hole.

Reported for being a ******, lawl

Jasper
07-26-2021, 10:19 AM
He was part of the vulnerable population (overweight). And unfortunately he also got bacterial pneumonia, which can do a number on your lungs. Overall it sounded as though he had a very weak immune system.

I'm interested in knowing what the survival rate for people his age.

If you're part of the vulnerable population, you should get vaccinated. And, or try to get healthy.

not sure you know what a virus is.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virus

Patrick Chewing
07-26-2021, 10:45 AM
Reported for being a ******, lawl

That guy is DoctorP.

n00bie
07-26-2021, 11:46 AM
Only reason why this is on the news is because of his tweets.. which is kind of sad because people are mocking his death.

BurningHammer
07-26-2021, 12:29 PM
No it's not fake you f*cking moron :facepalm

Please provide legit sources then, like archive pages of actual CDC web pages of that picture.

hiphopanonymous
07-26-2021, 12:36 PM

So Warriorfan has been sharing and going all-in on a fake statistic this entire time? Why am I not surprised :oldlol:

Manny98
07-26-2021, 12:51 PM
Please provide legit sources then, like archive pages of actual CDC web pages of that picture.

This is official data from Cambridge University

https://i.postimg.cc/fWcP5QXT/114941027-optimised-deaths-by-age-nc.png

99.9% survival rate for under 60s

So if you're under 75 this virus is harmless

hiphopanonymous
07-26-2021, 12:58 PM

Cite a source that actually links to their page please. Also just my own real world observations:

My fiance still has tightness of breath over 1 year since having Covid, and my coworker sitting next to me right now still doesn't have his taste back - also over 1 year since recovering.

It's all probably permanent.

They survived tho so it's 'harmless' right? Hopefully you don't catch it and get permanent symptoms. But if you do don't say I didn't warn you in advance that just because you survive doesn't mean you won't be harmed.

FKAri
07-26-2021, 12:58 PM

It's not from stupidity. It stems from distrust of institutions. In the case of COVID specifically, there is also a lack of reliable data so someone can take the numbers and run with any argument they desire. A society that can't trust its institutions is doomed to fail and institutions that lack transparency can't be trusted.

hiphopanonymous
07-26-2021, 01:19 PM
It's not from stupidity. It stems from distrust of institutions. In the case of COVID specifically, there is also a lack of reliable data so someone can take the numbers and run with any argument they desire. A society that can't trust its institutions is doomed to fail and institutions that lack transparency can't be trusted.
Institutional distrust at least in many cases or in part comes from poor education.

Can't tell you how many people I know don't trust doctors and when I look at this phenomena objectively I realize low education level is a common denominator. Where as most people with a good intelligence or educational level respect Doctors a great deal. As they should as Doctors go through rigorous education and they have to be recredentialed constantly and are peer reviewed - and are penalized heavily in the legal system when they malpractice. I can't tell you on the flipside how many of these people will INSTEAD choose to trust a less educated nurse, or caregiver who's rear end is not on the line for malpractice and who doesn't have to make major decisions that stand up to peer reviewed scrutiny. Because more of their 'friends' or 'family' are a nurse or caregiver they'll trust them almost implicitly and be very skeptical if not outright contentious of a Doctor.

It's not like Doctors are perfect mind you, but they have to withstand rigorous training and upkeep - where as most all of the people who don't trust them have literally zero of any of that. As far as I can see it's their total ignorance that drives their distrust. A lot of them blissfully dive headfirst into Homeopathic this, herbal that - reiki healing, praying the diseases away, meanwhile not trusting vaccines or well regulated medicines etc. It's uneducated nonsense. An empty head will gladly top itself off without an education. It'll often just fill itself with waste instead.

TheMan
07-26-2021, 01:20 PM
Cite a source that actually links to their page please. Also just my own real world observations:

My fiance still has tightness of breath over 1 year since having Covid, and my coworker sitting next to me right now still doesn't have his taste back - also over 1 year since recovering.

They survived tho so it's 'harmless' right? Hopefully you don't catch it and get permanent symptoms. But if you do don't say I didn't warn you in advance that just because you survive doesn't mean you won't be harmed.
That sucks, I lost my taste too but fully recovered like 2 weeks after.

hiphopanonymous
07-26-2021, 01:35 PM
That sucks, I lost my taste too but fully recovered like 2 weeks after.
I lost my taste too, as did my fiance - but like you we both gained ours back within a few weeks thankfully. But as I said she gets shortness of breath still. I think she has asthma now and she's scheduled for an apt to see if there's anything like that going on (she's 30's and fit enough to rock climb, bike, etc). Average semi-active lifestyle, wouldn't be a candidate for concern on paper but she ends up with shortness of breath randomly now.

My coworker who lost his taste seemingly permanently is about 50. So older, but fit and active for his age. I agree that's a downer, I love food can't imagine losing my taste for that long. He also complains of brain fog now which I guess was also a longhauler type symptom that some experience.

Manny98
07-26-2021, 02:20 PM

It's official data just like the CDC one, the source is in the image

It's more or less harmless yes.

You continue to live in the rest of your life in fear over a virus with a 99..9% survival rate whilst the rest of us go back to normal :cheers:

BurningHammer
07-26-2021, 02:42 PM

While they are from different countries, comparing 0.005% (CDC) and 0.29% (Cambridge) infection-fatality rate of 50-60 something range is 58 times different, yet you think the CDC one you posted earlier is true.

BurningHammer
07-26-2021, 02:44 PM
Cite a source that actually links to their page please.

I believe the data is an old one from last year. Now that the UK has distributed vaccines to older people since, the rates has dropped significantly.

https://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/now-casting/nowcasting-and-forecasting-15th-july-2021/

warriorfan
07-26-2021, 02:59 PM
Vax cucks absolutely fuming. 99.99%.

“But muh taste and smell!”

:roll:

Patrick Chewing
07-26-2021, 03:02 PM
So I just found out today that the majority of Americans who are not vaccinated are African-Americans.

Can any of you Vaxxers who think it's Conservatives who don't want to get vaxxed explain that to me.

Oh wait, lemme guess....it's cause of White Privilege right?? :roll:

tontoz
07-26-2021, 03:05 PM
Jason Tatum had covid. He eventually started using an inhaler to help him breathe and he doesn't have asthma.

Jayson Tatum needs an inhaler before games due to long-term Covid symptoms

https://www.sbnation.com/2021/4/14/22383455/jayson-tatum-covid-celtics-inhaler

US gymnast Skinner had covid:

“For two weeks I felt like I couldn’t move off the couch,” Skinner told Salt Lake City's KSL-TV. “I was sick, tired and exhausted. It was so weird having my body feel so weak, and there was nothing I could do about it. It’s been six weeks. And I think my body needs at least two more to get to full strength.” It can definitely affect young people,” she said. “It’s weird thinking you can be such a healthy and strong athlete, and it can still hit you so bad.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/01/25/gymnast-mykayla-skinner-aiming-olympic-berth-after-covid-recovery/4255650001/

Manny98
07-26-2021, 04:13 PM
While they are from different countries, comparing 0.005% (CDC) and 0.29% (Cambridge) infection-fatality rate of 50-60 something range is 58 times different, yet you think the CDC one you posted earlier is true.
Because the CDC one was recent and the one I posted was from last year

The survival rate has trended upwards as time has gone by

coin24
07-26-2021, 07:54 PM
So I just found out today that the majority of Americans who are not vaccinated are African-Americans.

Can any of you Vaxxers who think it's Conservatives who don't want to get vaxxed explain that to me.

Oh wait, lemme guess....it's cause of White Privilege right?? :roll:

Is there an election soon? No? Then who gives a shit about blacks am I right?

Cleverness
07-26-2021, 10:12 PM

What is your definition of herd immunity?

Cleverness
07-26-2021, 10:16 PM
Viral theory is bullshit. Point blank period.

Cleverness won’t say this though.

Haha, what part of germ/viral theory is bullshit? All of it? Can you elaborate?

Cleverness
07-26-2021, 10:22 PM

Did you actually read your link?

In a September document labeled "COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios," the agency listed five sets of parameters that represented different levels of disease severity and transmissibility, with the goal of helping public health agencies make models to estimate the effects of the virus.

The infection fatality rates listed under the scenario marked as the "current best estimate" correspond with the "survival rates" listed in the tweet. But those infection fatality rates, the document says, are based on data through Aug. 8. And there are other caveats.

The inverse of dying from the disease = surviving the disease, no?

Cleverness
07-26-2021, 10:26 PM
That’s funny, because a lot of doctors, scientists and people in the medical field have been saying for ages now that masks are a waste of time and so are lock downs. However barely any government in the world listens to them and they all follow the same agenda.
Yet you listen to the government when they tell you things based on advice from their “health experts” contradicts that and they keep forcing a vaccine that by its own definition is not even a vaccine?
It didnt make sense at the start of this bs pandemic and it still doesn’t. If taking the vaccine makes you feel extra smart and a good little boy then go for it, enjoy the boosters forever. As others have said the elderly and at risk people should definitely have it, how they can say it’s safe for pregnant women, breastfeeding or kids is insane..

I asked RoseCity07 what is science behind some of the "recommendations" coming from the "scientific community," but RoseCity07 left the thread. :(

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?495348-Bladefd-quot-No-one-has-died-from-the-COVID-vaccine-quot-Oh-really&p=14387871&viewfull=1#post14387871

Cleverness
07-26-2021, 10:30 PM
Lol, and BurningHammer (also itt) has been known to dodge and duck a lot in the Official Thread many times over.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?477454-Official-coronavirus-news-discussion-thread&p=14306299&viewfull=1#post14306299

Cleverness
07-26-2021, 10:32 PM
And hiphopanonymous as well, also doesn't seem to respond to basic follow-up questions to his bold claims.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?477454-Official-coronavirus-news-discussion-thread&p=14275692&viewfull=1#post14275692

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?491975-Vast-US-death-rate-difference-from-Covid-19-vs-the-last-7-years&p=14286521&viewfull=1#post14286521

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?495316-Hypothetically-if-the-virus-truly-was-a-hoax-or-basically-a-common-cold-flu-then/page2

Axe
07-26-2021, 10:33 PM
What is your definition of herd immunity?
Idk. Btw, why do you feel the need to respond to anybody who has opposing views to yours in this stuff? I find it pretty hilarious af.

BurningHammer
07-27-2021, 01:05 PM
Idk. Btw, why do you feel the need to respond to anybody who has opposing views to yours in this stuff? I find it pretty hilarious af.
>posting links of his own repeatedly
>posting same posts over and over again
>name-calling

Obsessiveness. :ohwell:

BurningHammer
07-27-2021, 01:12 PM
Did you actually read your link?

The inverse of dying from the disease = surviving the disease, no?

The CDC has not released survival rates, and it doesn’t have the data to do so. It’s not clear where the tweet’s numbers came from, but they correspond with figures listed as part of CDC "planning scenarios" used for planning a pandemic response.

Basically, you are intentionally completely missing the point so it will fit your stance.

Axe
07-27-2021, 07:32 PM
>name-calling

:roll:

And on top of that, he also frequently asks them what do they think about trump's international bans, lockdowns and what more too.

Manny98
07-27-2021, 08:04 PM
Reminder, Vaxed people can still...

Get Covid
Spread Covid
Die from Covid
Plus potentially die from the vaccine

DoctorP
07-27-2021, 09:05 PM
If I got tetanus, Id want a tetanus shot beforehand. It's just stupid to not vax.

warriorfan
07-27-2021, 09:16 PM
If I got tetanus, Id want a tetanus shot beforehand. It's just stupid to not vax.

If you got aids like yourself then….yes.

Cleverness
07-27-2021, 09:27 PM
>name-calling

>make bold claims you can't back up
>dodge and duck repeatedly
>name-calling

That's the BurningHammer alt for ya.

Cleverness
07-27-2021, 09:29 PM
Basically, you are intentionally completely missing the point so it will fit your stance.

Lol, again, do you understand those CDC figures are literally their best estimations of IFR?

If so, is the inverse of dying from the disease = surviving the disease? If so, 1 - IFR = survival rate, no?

DoctorP
07-27-2021, 09:31 PM
If you got aids like yourself then….yes.

i shouldnt have let your mom suck my ****

Patrick Chewing
07-27-2021, 11:41 PM
Ok ok I'll get the vaccine

https://i.ibb.co/Tcrbr2Y/E7-Vta-H1-Xo-AIQ3-DH.jpg

Axe
07-28-2021, 12:10 AM
Ok ok I'll get the vaccine

https://i.ibb.co/Tcrbr2Y/E7-Vta-H1-Xo-AIQ3-DH.jpg
Is that a she-he?

BurningHammer
07-28-2021, 12:41 AM
>make bold claims you can't back up
>dodge and duck repeatedly
>name-calling

That's the BurningHammer alt for ya.

>making bold claims disapproving actual science as "pseudoscience" from actual scientists out there
>wasting a lot of time pretending to be an infectious disease expert on an obscured message board
>blatantly name-calling

Sure, bro. :cheers:

Cleverness
07-28-2021, 12:53 AM
>making bold claims disapproving actual science as "pseudoscience" from actual scientists out there
>wasting a lot of time pretending to be an infectious disease expert on an obscured message board
>blatantly name-calling

Sure, bro. :cheers:

What "actual science" are you talking about?

I never claimed to be an "infectious disease expert."

Lol, again, do you understand those CDC figures are literally their best estimations of IFR?

If so, is the inverse of dying from the disease = surviving the disease? If so, 1 - IFR = survival rate, no?

Seems you're having some difficulty answering this basic followup question.