07-26-2021, 12:00 PM
Honestly. Whose better, and why?

And1AllDay
07-26-2021, 12:05 PM
was this a joke or trick question? kyrie cant lead sh1t :oldlol:

ScottieQuitting
07-26-2021, 12:17 PM
I mean we don’t really know that. Kyrie had Boston blistering in the 2018-2019 season before his injury. And if that young core took LeBron and Love’s Cavs seven games? With Kyrie? They probably would’ve been in the Finals and gave the Warriors a way better series. As they had all season.

And1AllDay
07-26-2021, 12:23 PM
I mean we don’t really know that. Kyrie had Boston blistering in the 2018-2019 season before his injury. And if that young core took LeBron and Love’s Cavs seven games? With Kyrie? They probably would’ve been in the Finals and gave the Warriors a way better series. As they had all season.

you cant lead if your in street clothes

dame doesnt miss games

Xiao Yao You
07-26-2021, 12:31 PM
you cant lead if your in street clothes

dame doest miss games

guess he's not as into birthday parties?

Manny98
07-26-2021, 12:33 PM

Because Dame is such a great leader right :oldlol:

Hasn't even lead his team to the conference finals yet

In the regular season - Lillard

In the playoffs - Kyrie

Manny98
07-26-2021, 12:34 PM

2018 Celtics would have won it all with a healthy Kyrie

coastalmarker99
07-26-2021, 12:35 PM
2018 Celtics would have won it all with a healthy Kyrie

Yeah no, as the Warriors would have destroyed them in the finals that year in 4 or 5 games.

Also It should be noted that Kyrie is a terrible postseason performer as the main guy on his teams

Kyrie Irving against the Bucks in 2019

Averaged 20 PPG on 35 percent shooting and that is not even mentioning how bad he was defensively in that series.

Also for the only entire playoff run, he has as the Man in 2019 he only averaged 21 PPG on 43 percent shooting.

And1AllDay
07-26-2021, 12:38 PM
guess he's not as into birthday parties?

baaaang!!

And1AllDay
07-26-2021, 12:41 PM
Because Dame is such a great leader right :oldlol:

Hasn't even lead his team to the conference finals yet

In the regular season - Lillard

In the playoffs - Kyrie

kyrie w/o bran is just a kemba walker type

dame had mccollum as his best teammate

kyrie had kd, bran, harden, tatum

nets would 100000% won this year if they had dame over kyrie

coastalmarker99
07-26-2021, 12:42 PM
If Lebron had Dame

He would be sitting on 5 rings now as he would have won in 2015 as Dame would have been able to play in those finals, unlike that injury-prone bum Kyrie.

It should be noted that at the very least with Dame you know he won't get hurt, unlike Kyrie.

Who's injures ruined 3 of his teams postseasons in 2015 2018 2021.

And I haven't even bought up the fact yet that Kyrie is a team cancer who lacks leadership

Manny98
07-26-2021, 12:43 PM
Yeah no, as the Warriors would have destroyed them in the finals that year in 4 or 5 games.

Also It should be noted that Kyrie is a terrible postseason performer as the main guy on his teams

Averaged 20 PPG on 35 percent shooting and that is not even mentioning how bad he was defensively in that series.

Also for the only entire playoff run, he has as the Man in 2019 he only averaged 21 PPG on 43 percent shooting.

kyrie w/o bran is just a kemba walker type

dame had mccollum as his best teammate

kyrie had kd, bran, harden, tatum

nets would 100000% won this year if they had dame over kyrie

Kemba can outplay Curry on the biggest stage and hit the biggest shot in NBA history in the finals?

And1AllDay
07-26-2021, 12:43 PM
If Lebron had Dame

He would be sitting on 5 rings now.

As at the very least with Dame you know he won't get hurt unlike Kyrie.

Who's injures ruined 3 of his teams postseasons in 2015 2018 2021

+1

coastalmarker99
07-26-2021, 12:46 PM
Kemba can outplay Curry on the biggest stage and hit the biggest shot in NBA history in the finals?

I don't think Kemba could but I think Dame could.

Lebron's GOAT leadership made Kyrie into a great player.

Without Lebron, we see that Kyrie is an injury-prone bum who has only won 2 playoff series without him.

He was a terrible leader with the Celtics

And he also barely plays with the Nets as he has missed a ton of games in the past 2 seasons ever since he went to the Nets.

And1AllDay
07-26-2021, 12:48 PM

no prob not but dame would do it

bran elevated kyrie we saw the before and after bruh

coastalmarker99
07-26-2021, 12:52 PM
Dame vs Kyrie in terms of games played per season.

Dame

Kyrie

And I am not even bringing up the fact that Kyrie along with missing a ton of time in the regular season due to injury.

Has also missed a ton of playoff games in 2015 2018 2021 as well.

Manny98
07-26-2021, 12:54 PM
The question is who's better not who's more durable

Kyrie in the 2016 playoffs shits on Lillard's entire career

coastalmarker99
07-26-2021, 12:56 PM

Dame would have a ring or two rings had he been able to play with Lebron as Kyrie did.

Dame's 2019 playoff run as the main man on his team in which he made the WCF shits on Kyrie's entire career as well.

I will give Kyire credit for his 2016 playoff run but to say that alone shits on Lillard's entire career is a downright laughable take.

But what else would I expect from a retarded person such as yourself.

ScottieQuitting
07-26-2021, 12:59 PM
Odd that all the votes going to Dame come from triggered LeBron Stans :oldlol:

This debate is a very close one to anyone without an agenda.

I personally can kind of lean either way.

Kyries intangibles and instability mentally is the biggest knock on him. Along with physical durability.

While for all intensive purposes, I think he’s actually the slightly better on court performer with more dimension to his game.

Manny98
07-26-2021, 01:00 PM
Dame would have a ring or two rings had he been able to play with Lebron as Kyrie did.

Dame's 2019 playoff run as the main man on his team in which he made the WCF shits on Kyrie's entire career as well
Lillard got outplayed by his own teammate in 2019 ffs :oldlol:

If it wasn't for CJs heroics against Denver, Lillard would still be a first round loser

MadDog
07-26-2021, 01:01 PM
Its close if you're talking ability and skill. Neither are good leaders, or at least haven't shown to be. I'd probably take Dame though since he's the healthier player.

Manny98
07-26-2021, 01:02 PM
https://youtu.be/Av2LBKhAPHs

Btw Mr "Better than Kyrie" went 3-17 this game :roll::roll:

ShawkFactory
07-26-2021, 01:03 PM
Odd that all the votes going to Dame come from triggered LeBron Stans :oldlol:

This debate is a very close one to anyone without an agenda.

I personally can kind of lean either way.

Kyries intangibles and instability mentally is the biggest knock on him. Along with physical durability.

While for all intensive purposes, I think he’s actually the slightly better on court performer with more dimension to his game.

Dame is the superior athlete. Kyrie has a larger bag of tricks in the half court but Dame can break you down in multiple ways.

I also trust him more as a creator type when he needs to be.

It's very close but I think Dame does more things well.

ScottieQuitting
07-26-2021, 01:03 PM

Kind of how I feel, TBH. Although Dame taking steaming pile on Westbrick and waving goodbye was a classic.

But take a look at this, Dame consistently gets outplayed by Stephen Curry in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, Kyrie played to his level or better (2016) in two of their finals matchups. And honestly, was out performing him in game one of the 2015 finals before he got hurt as well.

coastalmarker99
07-26-2021, 01:04 PM
Lillard got outplayed by his own teammate in 2019 ffs :oldlol:

If it wasn't for CJs heroics against Denver, Lillard would still be a first round loser

Dame was the main reason why they even beat OKC and he has a serious argument as well for being the best portland player over CJ in that Denver series even despite the fact that he played a terrible game seven

And1AllDay
07-26-2021, 01:04 PM
classic iq test

dame: 6
kyrie: 0

kyrie voters = low iq

coastalmarker99
07-26-2021, 01:06 PM
classic iq test

kyrie voters = low iq

:applause:

And1AllDay
07-26-2021, 01:08 PM
:applause:

right on cue, 3ball voted kyrie

:oldlol::roll:

fate :oldlol:

3ba11
07-26-2021, 01:08 PM
Kyrie is easily superior but he gets hurt too much - he'd have 4 chips right now if he was healthy his whole career (15', 16', 18', 21')

Kyrie is among the most skilled players of all-time

coastalmarker99
07-26-2021, 01:09 PM
Kyrie is easily superior but he gets hurt too much - he'd literally have 4 chips right now if he was healthy his whole career (15', 16', 18', 21')

Lmao Kyrie wasn't going to win shit in 2018 especially when you consider the fact that he would have had to play a fully healthy KD warriors team in the finals that year.

And that's if he managed to somehow get past the king of the east in Lebron.

Xiao Yao You
07-26-2021, 01:10 PM
classic iq test

kyrie voters = low iq

poor Manny

ScottieQuitting
07-26-2021, 01:16 PM
Kyrie is easily superior but he gets hurt too much - he'd have 4 chips right now if he was healthy his whole career (15', 16', 18', 21')

Kyrie is among the most skilled players of all-time
Quality points.

Kyrie is definitely the more diverse scorer.

Dame is almost like exclusively a long range shooter. When that isn’t falling he doesn’t offer much else. Doesn’t have the quickness or craft to get to or finish at the basket for buckets like Kyrie.

It’s weird because Dame is like a hybrid or middle ground between Stephen Curry and Kyrie’s styles.

Not quite the ball handler or penetrator like Kyrie or the diverse scoring skill set.

Not quite the ball handler to playmaker, passer like Stephen Curry, but close to his level of range on the deep ball and consistency with it. Steph still slightly better in that regard and definitely better without the ball and on catch n shoot.

ShawkFactory
07-26-2021, 01:29 PM
Quality points.

Kyrie is definitely the more diverse scorer.

Dame is almost like exclusively a long range shooter. When that isn’t falling he doesn’t offer much else. Doesn’t have the quickness or craft to get to or finish at the basket for buckets like Kyrie.

It’s weird because Dame is like a hybrid or middle ground between Stephen Curry and Kyrie’s styles.

Not quite the ball handler or penetrator like Kyrie or the diverse scoring skill set.

Not quite the ball handler to playmaker, passer like Stephen Curry, but close to his level of range on the deep ball and consistency with it. Steph still slightly better in that regard and definitely better without the ball and on catch n shoot.

He certainly has the quickness. Kyrie excels primarily with his handle/deception.

Dame has a first step that Kyrie doesn't have. He's kind of similar to Trae when it comes to beating people off the dribble.

ScottieQuitting
07-26-2021, 01:32 PM
He certainly has the quickness. Kyrie excels primarily with his handle/deception.

Dame has a first step that Kyrie doesn't have. He's kind of similar to Trae when it comes to beating people off the dribble.
Dame isn’t quicker than Kyrie. Big sloppy feet sometimes. First step out of a triple threat? Maybe. But overall quickness? Hell no. Kyrie’s combo of moves and quickness allows him to get to the basket more. That’s why when Dame’s shot isn’t falling, not much else there to him.

RRR3
07-26-2021, 01:41 PM
Lots of Mikey meltdowns from coach lately. Poor guy has never been the same since LeBron won #4

ShawkFactory
07-26-2021, 01:42 PM
Dame isn’t quicker than Kyrie. Big sloppy feet sometimes. First step out of a triple threat? Maybe. But overall quickness? Hell no. Kyrie’s combo of moves and quickness allows him to get to the basket more. That’s why when Dame’s shot isn’t falling, not much else there to him.

He overall moves faster than Kyrie does, and is a better athlete. That's why he's more dangerous in transition.

It's also kind of hard to say that Dame isn't worth much when his shot isn't falling. He's a perennial 30ppg guy...there are several layers to his game when it comes to scoring. Obviously he's at his BEST when his shot is falling. But so is everyone.

Kyrie is actually one of those people who really falls off when his shot isn't falling because he doesn't offer really much else to his game. That's why it's really important for him to have a Lebron to do everything that isn't simply getting buckets. He's perfect with a guy like that because he isn't asked to do anything else.

When both of their shots aren't falling I think that Dame has more things that he can offer to a team than Kyrie does.

Airupthere
07-26-2021, 01:48 PM
Kyrie is better, more skilled player if we base it on potential. If only Lebron didn't ruin him.

And1AllDay
07-26-2021, 01:52 PM
Kyrie is better, more skilled player if we base it on potential. If only Lebron didn't ruin him.

darn that bran for turning a 1st round loser into a champ :oldlol:

3ba11
07-26-2021, 01:56 PM
Just wait and see - Lebron won't win shit with Lillard, whereas he won with Kyrie because Kyrie destroyed the only unanimous league MVP in history and closed the series in historic fashion.

And1AllDay
07-26-2021, 01:59 PM
Lots of Mikey meltdowns from coach lately. Poor guy has never been the same since LeBron won #4

lequatrooooo gottem feeling some type of way :oldlol:

cold night sweats and severe trauma

coach down bad :oldlol:

fsvr54
07-26-2021, 02:22 PM
Dame is just not a playoff winner. CJ outscores him in half their all time playoff wins I'd bet. The one time they made it to the WCF CJ closed out the second round.

Gohan
07-26-2021, 09:15 PM

dude probably don't give a f about Lebrons #4. bran fans tryna force shit on posters

SouBeachTalents
07-26-2021, 09:30 PM
Dame’s been his teams franchise player for nearly a decade and made Portland a perennial playoff team several years in a row. Kyrie bombed in his only stint as the franchise player in Boston, and most importantly, literally cannot stay on the floor. You swap the two of them this year the Nets win the title and the Blazers prob miss the playoffs

Axe
07-26-2021, 09:36 PM
Dame’s been his teams franchise player for nearly a decade and made Portland a perennial playoff team several years in a row. Kyrie bombed in his only stint as the franchise player in Boston, and most importantly, literally cannot stay on the floor. You swap the two of them this year the Nets win the title and the Blazers prob miss the playoffs
Perennial? Idk, sounds kinda farfetched for a team that only made the conference finals once in the last 9 years or so.

SouBeachTalents
07-26-2021, 09:39 PM
Perennial? Idk, sounds kinda farfetched for a team that only made the conference finals once in the last 9 years or so.
They’ve made the playoffs 8 years in a row in the West without another all-star on the team

Axe
07-26-2021, 09:43 PM
They’ve made the playoffs 8 years in a row in the West without another all-star on the team
So lamarcus aldridge wasn't an all-star back then before he came to the spurs six years ago? Intriguing.

SouBeachTalents
07-26-2021, 09:44 PM
So lamarcus aldridge wasn't an all-star back then before he came to the spurs six years ago? Intriguing.
You’re right, he’s only made the playoffs 6 years in a row without an all-star teammate. Great contribution as always :applause:

CTbasketball92
07-26-2021, 10:01 PM

I gotta say, Dame's run against the Pelicans was even worse lol. Like, at least Kyrie played against the arguable best player in the league for the regular season. Kyrie got to the second round, played really badly, but it's just one bad series.

As for this thread, Dame has peaked at 30/8 on 63 TS% over two years. He's a better player than Kyrie.

ClipperRevival
07-26-2021, 10:03 PM
Never been a fan of Dame for some reason. Probably because he doesn't play D and was undersized.

Very unpopular opinion but if both are right mentally (huge ask for Kyrie), I take Kyrie. Dame is mostly a heat check guy from 3 while Kyrie is GOAT tier from all 3 levels. He's just more dynamic when engaged.

nayte
07-26-2021, 10:35 PM
Kyrie for me. No reason other then I like his game more

FultzNationRISE
07-26-2021, 10:52 PM
In terms of who would be more impressive in a player workout, or on a highlight reel, or if you judge players strictly on iso style points, I think it’s pretty even. Kyrie has the edge in handles, Dame has more consistent range.

In terms of real life on an NBA team right now, when you factor in leadership, or for that matter just basic psychological stability... it’s Dame EASILY.

People choosing Kyrie are imagining him in his familiar role next to Lebron or KD, where he gets a chance to play meaningful post season games and occasionally looks like a beast.

Try imagining him as the only perennial all star on a team in the West. He’d have zero playoff series wins and probably numerous public meltdowns.

nayte
07-26-2021, 11:15 PM
If we're going by probably. He could probably also have a wcf and multiple first round losses.

CTbasketball92
07-26-2021, 11:23 PM
In terms of who would be more impressive in a player workout, or on a highlight reel, or if you judge players strictly on iso style points, I think it’s pretty even. Kyrie has the edge in handles, Dame has more consistent range.

In terms of real life on an NBA team right now, when you factor in leadership, or for that matter just basic psychological stability... it’s Dame EASILY.

People choosing Kyrie are imagining him in his familiar role next to Lebron or KD, where he gets a chance to play meaningful post season games and occasionally looks like a beast.

Try imagining him as the only perennial all star on a team in the West. He’d have zero playoff series wins and probably numerous public meltdowns.

I think things like the bolded are really overstated. Do we really think Kyrie wouldn't abuse the Nuggets or the Jazz the way other great scorer has? If anything, the only way you can really stop him is if his jumper is off, which it can be for short spurts of time. We've seen Dame be subpar a bunch of times in the playoffs. Dame's a better player, but Kyrie isn't some scrub that can't score against good defense. Damn near his whole offensive game is doing just that.

CTbasketball92
07-26-2021, 11:28 PM

You think so? Kyrie's got a pretty fast first Step. He uses deception, but that's just his style. There's no one kyrie can't blow by out of the triple threat. I think Dame's range (and Steph's as well) makes people come play up on him out to 30 feet, and when that happens there's more space for you to try to get by people. Kyrie plays to get down hill and people play a few feet off, so it's a little harder. One reason why maybe kyrie should switch up his approach a bit.

ShawkFactory
07-26-2021, 11:36 PM
You think so? Kyrie's got a pretty fast first Step. He uses deception, but that's just his style. There's no one kyrie can't blow by out of the triple threat. I think Dame's range (and Steph's as well) makes people come play up on him out to 30 feet, and when that happens there's more space for you to try to get by people. Kyrie plays to get down hill and people play a few feet off, so it's a little harder. One reason why maybe kyrie should switch up his approach a bit.

I mean I don’t know I think guys are pretty frightened by Kyries shot-making ability too, even if he doesn’t regularly do it from as deep as Dame does. I think the way to generally play him is to get into his chest and make things tougher and he gets by people that way. People who defend him well at least do this, at least what I can see.

Dame is faster to me once he gets downhill. Which is why he’s so tough because you obviously have to play him straight up out to 30 feet. But once he gets a step he’s gone

ELITEpower23
07-26-2021, 11:41 PM
13 for Dame and 10 for Kyrie I thought this would have been a lot more lopsided but I digress.

Kyrie has never been able to be a #1 option on a team with any success due to his plethora or injuries, his headcase attitude, and his inability to lead as a #1 option. He is a great second fiddle to guys like KD and LBJ but that's about it. Dame has been his #1 option for a while now and without a doubt if Dame as on the Nets this year they would have won the championship.

CTbasketball92
07-26-2021, 11:46 PM
He overall moves faster than Kyrie does, and is a better athlete. That's why he's more dangerous in transition.

It's also kind of hard to say that Dame isn't worth much when his shot isn't falling. He's a perennial 30ppg guy...there are several layers to his game when it comes to scoring. Obviously he's at his BEST when his shot is falling. But so is everyone.

Kyrie is actually one of those people who really falls off when his shot isn't falling because he doesn't offer really much else to his game. That's why it's really important for him to have a Lebron to do everything that isn't simply getting buckets. He's perfect with a guy like that because he isn't asked to do anything else.

When both of their shots aren't falling I think that Dame has more things that he can offer to a team than Kyrie does.

I think Kyrie's speed is very underrated and misunderstood for whatever reason. I think it's because he plays at a deliberate pace. In the half court, he's like Barry Sanders, using short, choppy steps as he probes for an opening before he sees it and he's gone. When you take those short, choppy steps, it's easier to make last minute changes of direction or change what you're going to do. Dame might have a little better of a first step (at best IMO), but as far as open court speed, I think it's definitely Kyrie. He is pretty much unstoppable and unpressable in the open court because of his speed, handle and ability to change direction without losing momentum. It's like watching an elite kickoff return break through day light in the defense after making some good reads. I've never seen Dame do anything like below:

https://youtu.be/5UUM14avtrY?t=86

https://youtu.be/-ZOhlvzi6xM?t=41

https://youtu.be/3KhHLmun5YQ?t=393

There are a bunch more plays like that. Kyrie really is really impossible to stop in transition in a way I've never seen from Dame. He's like a wide receiver or a cornerback with his movements and his speed and acceleration. Out of all the good guard in the league, he's probably top 5 fastest behind Westbrook, Wall, prob. Donovan Mitchell, DeAaron Fox...and that's probably it. Maybe add Ja Morant. And none of them can change directions while moving at the speed Kyrie does.

As for him not offering much when his shot isn't falling, considering that he's averaged about 25/6 on 60 TS% and 49/40/89 splits or something over the last four or five years, it's very rare that his shot isn't falling. But when his shot isn't falling, he's a way better defender than Dame. There are days where, with his lateral quickness and core strength and reflexes, Kyrie looks like a pretty dominant defender. He was giving Middleton and Holiday *fits* when the Nets played them in the postseason. Kyrie is not as good a passer as Dame, but he's considerably better than pretty much every shooting guard in the league. When his shot isn't falling, he can get to the line a bit, play good defense and make smart plays with the ball and keep his turnover rate very low. Dame can get to the line more so I think that keeps his scoring at a higher level. But Kyrie isn't some empty calorie scorer where that's all he does. That's the biggest difference between Kyrie pre-Boston and Kyrie post-Boston.

ShawkFactory
07-26-2021, 11:57 PM
I think Kyrie's speed is very underrated and misunderstood for whatever reason. I think it's because he plays at a deliberate pace. In the half court, he's like Barry Sanders, using short, choppy steps as he probes for an opening before he sees it and he's gone. When you take those short, choppy steps, it's easier to make last minute changes of direction or change what you're going to do. Dame might have a little better of a first step (at best IMO), but as far as open court speed, I think it's definitely Kyrie. He is pretty much unstoppable and unpressable in the open court because of his speed, handle and ability to change direction without losing momentum. It's like watching an elite kickoff return break through day light in the defense after making some good reads. I've never seen Dame do anything like below:

https://youtu.be/5UUM14avtrY?t=86

https://youtu.be/-ZOhlvzi6xM?t=41

https://youtu.be/3KhHLmun5YQ?t=393

There are a bunch more plays like that. Kyrie really is really impossible to stop in transition in a way I've never seen from Dame. He's like a wide receiver or a cornerback with his movements and his speed and acceleration. Out of all the good guard in the league, he's probably top 5 fastest behind Westbrook, Wall, prob. Donovan Mitchell, DeAaron Fox...and that's probably it. Maybe add Ja Morant. And none of them can change directions while moving at the speed Kyrie does.

As for him not offering much when his shot isn't falling, considering that he's averaged about 25/6 on 60 TS% and 49/40/89 splits or something over the last four or five years, it's very rare that his shot isn't falling. But when his shot isn't falling, he's a way better defender than Dame. There are days where, with his lateral quickness and core strength and reflexes, Kyrie looks like a pretty dominant defender. He was giving Middleton and Holiday *fits* when the Nets played them in the postseason. Kyrie is not as good a passer as Dame, but he's considerably better than pretty much every shooting guard in the league. When his shot isn't falling, he can get to the line a bit, play good defense and make smart plays with the ball and keep his turnover rate very low. Dame can get to the line more so I think that keeps his scoring at a higher level. But Kyrie isn't some empty calorie scorer where that's all he does. That's the biggest difference between Kyrie pre-Boston and Kyrie post-Boston.

Funny you make the Barry Sanders comp. I was going to compare Kyrie to Marvin Harrison though. I never saw him as the quickest or most athletic but he uses his body and his movements in such a deliberate way that it makes him look quicker than he is. And his movements are impossible to predict because of how many different way he can employ them.

I agree with you about his game in general. There aren’t any empty calories with what he does. But he’s at his best when he can put his head down and just get buckets without having to worry about anything else. That’s why I low-key think he and Lebron, as basketball players, are about as perfect as it gets. He left because he was tired of the drama, not what happened on the court.

As for Dame, when his shot isn’t falling he too can push aggressively into the lane. If Kyrie is Marvin Harrison he to me is like Tyrek or something. You constantly have to be worried about him taking the top off, even if it isn’t happening at the moment. And instead of throwing several moves he’ll just do one and blow past you.

At the end of the day though I trust Dame to give it his all every day.

CTbasketball92
07-27-2021, 12:12 AM
:rockon:
Funny you make the Barry Sanders comp. I was going to compare Kyrie to Marvin Harrison though. I never saw him as the quickest or most athletic but he uses his body and his movements in such a deliberate way that it makes him look quicker than he is. And his movements are impossible to predict because of how many different way he can employ them.

I agree with you about his game in general. There aren’t any empty calories with what he does. But he’s at his best when he can put his head down and just get buckets without having to worry about anything else. That’s why I low-key think he and Lebron, as basketball players, are about as perfect as it gets. He left because he was tired of the drama, not what happened on the court.

As for Dame, when his shot isn’t falling he too can push aggressively into the lane. If Kyrie is Marvin Harrison he to me is like Tyrek or something. You constantly have to be worried about him taking the top off, even if it isn’t happening at the moment. And instead of throwing several moves he’ll just do one and blow past you.

At the end of the day though I trust Dame to give it his all every day though.

The football comparisons are really fun lol ( I was a big T.I. and Randy Moss guy). I think Dame plays with more power and he is bouncier so is more of a threat to dunk on you, which kind of forces the foul. Kyrie can jump pretty well, but his vertical is prob. like 35, where Dame's is 40 and he just puts so much force at the rim.

I always loved Kyrie and LeBron together. I knew they'd get a chip when lebron went the the Cavs. I think kyrie 2k18-2k21 is a lot better than 2014-2017 Kyrie though. This version of ky w. LeBron would've been lethal.

I think Dame is less likely to play in a malaise, but also his free throw rate and range make him a better scorer. His playmaking is also a notch or so up. Dame's a really underrated passer.

Ice Trae
07-27-2021, 01:01 AM
better player DAME. better individual skills Kyrie. Better than both. Trae Young

bizil
07-27-2021, 07:24 PM
I think this is a PRIME SITUATION where intangibles come into play. I think Kyrie has the best scoring skillset EVER at the PG position. BUT Dame has similar elements in his game. Is more durable. And doesn't step on toes like Kyrie. PLUS made the WCF as THE MAN! Could go either way, but give me Dame.

Magic Is Magic
07-27-2021, 10:55 PM
I think this is a PRIME SITUATION where intangibles come into play. I think Kyrie has the best scoring skillset EVER at the PG position. BUT Dame has similar elements in his game. Is more durable. And doesn't step on toes like Kyrie. PLUS made the WCF as THE MAN! Could go either way, but give me Dame.

Great assessment and I would +1 this if I could so instead I say: Plus One, Agreed.

k0kakw0rld
07-28-2021, 02:28 AM
Stop bringing up old stuff. Multiple threads have been made already about these two. The debate is over.

Dame is by far the better player.