PDA

View Full Version : OKC reportedly offers Shai and the #6 to Detroit for the #1. Detroit declines.

taabhimself
07-26-2021, 11:00 PM
source: Matt Babcock/ProCityHoops https://twitter.com/procityhoops/status/1419805271900176400?s=21

this tells me that Detroit AINT BUDGING and is TAKING THEIR MAN. MotorCade.

Lakers Legend#32
07-26-2021, 11:24 PM
Would you wanna live and play in Bumf#ck OKC?
The Curse of the Sonics.

iamgine
07-26-2021, 11:26 PM
meh rumors

Carbine
07-26-2021, 11:29 PM
Detroit should take that and run.

SGA is a 22 ultra efficient player with even more upside. Plus #6 is you would hope another foundational piece.

You know what SGA is. There is no guess work with him.

FireDavidKahn
07-26-2021, 11:35 PM
Of course.

Cade is a player you just don't trade away. Might fail but his upside is MVP status

Bronbron23
07-26-2021, 11:37 PM

SGA is a 22 ultra efficient player with even more upside. Plus #6 is you would hope another foundational piece.

I don't know. I like shai but jalen green has a higher ceiling. I'm assuming that's why det dosn't want to take the deal. I don't think they'd turn it down for cade.

taabhimself
07-26-2021, 11:38 PM

regardless if this rumor is cap, it is the first head-turner i've seen reported and Weaver would be a fool to not give it serious thought. that said, i'd prefer to just draft Cade. even though SGA has proven it, Cade still has all the makings of a superstar and there's something to be said about drafting your guy. especially when its a guy like Cade who was hyped on draft night when Detroit won the lottery and is showing up at Tiger games.

also, SGA is 23. as of two weeks ago. lol.

taabhimself
07-26-2021, 11:52 PM
I don't know. I like shai but jalen green has a higher ceiling. I'm assuming that's why det dosn't want to take the deal. I don't think they'd turn it down for cade.

bro we are not ****ing taking Jalen Green first overall. and i doubt we trade down either. we haven't ever moved up in the lottery, we haven't had the first overall in 50 years, and Cade was the consensus #1 and Green was the nice consolation prize until the moment the Pistons won the lottery and the pundits went to work generating clickbait. if we take Green without trading down the city will riot.

also, because i think it's worth comparing:

as a 19 year old G-Leaguer, the Pistons' Sekou Doumbouya averaged 17 pts, 5.5 rebs, and 1.5 asts on 62% TS, in 27mpg over 16 games.

as a 18 and ~3/4 year old G-Leaguer, Jalen Green averaged 18 pts, 4 rebs, and 3 asts on 61% TS, in 32mpg over 15 games.

Marchesk
07-27-2021, 12:33 AM
Would you wanna live and play in Bumf#ck OKC?
The Curse of the Sonics.

Is Detroit that much better? Imma gonna take a wild guess and say that OKC is a better maintained and managed city than Detroit.

taabhimself
07-27-2021, 12:42 AM
Is Detroit that much better? Imma gonna take a wild guess and say that OKC is a better maintained and managed city than Detroit.

you sound like you learned what you know ab Detroit from Detroit jokes in 80s spoof movies ala Naked Gun and Mel Brooks. you have never spent any time there, come clean.

Ice Trae
07-27-2021, 12:57 AM
Is Cade really that good? He doesn't seem THAT special..

FultzNationRISE
07-27-2021, 12:59 AM
Is Cade really that good? He doesn't seem THAT special..

Is he Lebron special? No, of course not.

Is he MJ special?? Very possibly.

3ba11
07-27-2021, 02:04 AM
Here's my take on some of the top guys:

Jalen Green... a star, but teams will eventually sit on his right hand and make him go left

Cade Cunningham... not a big cornfed guy that defenders bounce off of like Luka or Pierce, and not athletic enough to be a the slender wing star either like Kawhi or KD.. I see a solid player, maybe an all-star, or maybe spot-up shooting is his best role

Kuminga.... high ceiling, but hard to get there because of all the refinement that his game needs

Mobley...... not as good as Wiseman

taabhimself
07-27-2021, 08:48 AM
Here's my take on some of the top guys:

Jalen Green... a star, but teams will eventually sit on his right hand and make him go left

Cade Cunningham... not a big cornfed guy that defenders bounce off of like Luka or Pierce, and not athletic enough to be a the slender wing star either like Kawhi or KD.. I see a solid player, maybe an all-star, or maybe spot-up shooting is his best role

Kuminga.... high ceiling, but hard to get there because of all the refinement that his game needs

Mobley...... not as good as Wiseman

Jalen will probably be an Allstar, agreed there.

Cade is an inch taller than Luka and weighs 6lbs less than he did coming into his rookie season. if you think his ceiling is spot up shooting you are legit dumb.

Kuminga is raw, agreed.

Mobley is definitely way better than Wiseman. Mobley easily goes first last year.

Bronbron23
07-27-2021, 09:47 AM
bro we are not ****ing taking Jalen Green first overall. and i doubt we trade down either. we haven't ever moved up in the lottery, we haven't had the first overall in 50 years, and Cade was the consensus #1 and Green was the nice consolation prize until the moment the Pistons won the lottery and the pundits went to work generating clickbait. if we take Green without trading down the city will riot.

also, because i think it's worth comparing:

as a 19 year old G-Leaguer, the Pistons' Sekou Doumbouya averaged 17 pts, 5.5 rebs, and 1.5 asts on 62% TS, in 27mpg over 16 games.

as a 18 and ~3/4 year old G-Leaguer, Jalen Green averaged 18 pts, 4 rebs, and 3 asts on 61% TS, in 32mpg over 15 games.

Yeah sekou is nice but comparing g league stats don't mean much when predicting nba success.

And cade is nice and is absolutely the better gamble if your just looking for a solid player. He dosn't have superstar potential imo though. Green does and don't be surprised if this plays a factor on draft night.

taabhimself
07-27-2021, 12:22 PM
Yeah sekou is nice but comparing g league stats don't mean much when predicting nba success.

And cade is nice and is absolutely the better gamble if your just looking for a solid player. He dosn't have superstar potential imo though. Green does and don't be surprised if this plays a factor on draft night.

you might be right re: G League stats, but do we really have test cases? wasn't Green's class the first year HSers went to the G league rather than college?

I disagree that Cade doesn't have superstar potential. he was a dog in college on a crappy team where defenses loaded up on him and his teammates couldn't finish his passes. led the country in clutch time scoring. he has a way higher floor and just as high if not higher ceiling imo.

i just cannot envision taking Green #1. if the Shai rumors are true (and it looks like other outlets are picking the story up) then we can obviously command a bag for the pick. if we are truly considering Green or Mobley I think we trade down.

at the end of the day I trust Weaver who has worked magic his first year and hit on guys like Isaiah Stewart, Saddiq, Saben Lee in his first draft. but I think he makes the obvious choice, and the smart one. take the best guy first overall.

Manny98
07-27-2021, 12:23 PM
Of course.

Cade is a player you just don't trade away. Might fail but his upside is MVP status
He's really that good?

Have only seen a couple of highlights, reminds me of a 6'8 Trae Young off the footage I have seen

imdaman99
07-27-2021, 12:43 PM
OKC stockpiled them picks, but they need to realize bad teams that get top 2-3 picks don't want to trade down and get worse players. Quality > quantity. Of course the Pistons were not interested in SGA, he doesn't move the needle and isn't a must-see type of player. Pistons would prob get better but they have no interest in being better, they want/need the next big thing. Life after KD and Westbrook and Harden... they will be run well but unless they get some top 3 picks, it won't matter.

Bronbron23
07-27-2021, 01:07 PM
you might be right re: G League stats, but do we really have test cases? wasn't Green's class the first year HSers went to the G league rather than college?

I disagree that Cade doesn't have superstar potential. he was a dog in college on a crappy team where defenses loaded up on him and his teammates couldn't finish his passes. led the country in clutch time scoring. he has a way higher floor and just as high if not higher ceiling imo.

i just cannot envision taking Green #1. if the Shai rumors are true (and it looks like other outlets are picking the story up) then we can obviously command a bag for the pick. if we are truly considering Green or Mobley I think we trade down.

at the end of the day I trust Weaver who has worked magic his first year and hit on guys like Isaiah Stewart, Saddiq, Saben Lee in his first draft. but I think he makes the obvious choice, and the smart one. take the best guy first overall.

Yeah i'd personally take the shai trade if is accurate. Shai will never be a superstar i don't think but he could be really good pg on a contender. As far as cade and green it's hard to say either way. G league and college aren't always good predictors of success. It's just a feeling i get when i watch both guys. I feel like cade is definitely the safe bet but he dosn't have superstar potential and green is more of a gamble with a ceiling. We'll see though