PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Jalen Suggs will be the best player out of the 2021 NBA Draft

iamgine
07-27-2021, 08:40 AM
Will bump in two years.

Who do you think will be the best player out of this draft?

Bronbron23
07-27-2021, 09:37 AM
Will bump in two years.

Jalen green. Suggs gonna be nice though

Jasper
07-27-2021, 10:19 AM
Will bump in two years.

nba body all ready .... First year will need to play within himself , and commit.

3ba11
07-27-2021, 10:24 AM
You might be right... But his jumper looks baaaaaaad to me.

But there's something about his size that I really like.. A lot of guys that end up being stars in the league look really big on the college level - like, almost too big to play on that level.. it's hard to explain, but I see that in Suggs - his size is super and he's the most physically ready to play out of all the draftees.. he could still be dominant WITHOUT a jumper

iamgine
07-27-2021, 11:22 PM
Didn't think others will be high on Suggs too.

He really can't afford to fail with that name. Imagine the "Jalen sucks" chant from the crowd.

MaxPlayer
07-28-2021, 12:34 AM
I tend to agree, but I've also seen him play more than the other top guys, so I may be biased.

DoctorP
07-28-2021, 12:36 AM
He'd better be good cuz his names close to
Jalen Sucks

BurningHammer
07-28-2021, 12:57 AM
If he drops to Raptors and gets sizable play time right away, sure, he will.

Charlie Sheen
07-28-2021, 01:50 PM
I tend to agree, but I've also seen him play more than the other top guys, so I may be biased.

Same and same reasoning too :cheers:

Jay-B
07-28-2021, 02:36 PM
You guys are crazy, Cade Cunningham will be taking the league by storm in 2 years.

j3lademaster
07-28-2021, 05:07 PM
Wish I watched enough college basketball to throw my hat in the ring on this.

The ones saying Green and Suggs will be better than Cade down the line do you mind elaborating? Articles are describing Cade as some 6'8/6'9 smooth combo guard. I don't see a lot of prospects being much more enticing than that, especially in the modern game.

Jasper
07-28-2021, 06:06 PM
Didn't think others will be high on Suggs too.

He really can't afford to fail with that name. Imagine the "Jalen sucks" chant from the crowd.

he reminds me of an ex-buck , backup PG for the 6'ers.

3ba11
07-28-2021, 06:41 PM
I'd be surprised if he was the best player in this draft, but not shocked if Green, Cade and Kuminga underwhelm.. I'm not high on Mobley - a ton of bigs can do what he does and he'll look ordinary alongside NBA bigs.

Suggs isn't going to be a big-scoring point guard like Lillard, Curry, Harden, Doncic, Mitchell, Trae, Morant, or even CP3... Unless he's another westbrook, but I'm going to assume he isn't, although his biggest strength scoring-wise is getting a head of steam to the rim.. his playstyle is a lot more like Kidd, but possibly a better finisher at the rim and probably not as good a passer.. A lesser version of Kidd is a pretty good ceiling, but I see more of a Jrue Holiday ceiling.. He could also be a journeyman if his jumper is as broke as it looks sometimes..

I think he'll be kyle lowry at the end of the day, or a journeyman if his jumper is as broke as it looks sometimes.

fsvr54
07-28-2021, 06:53 PM
Cade will be the best

Pointguard
07-28-2021, 09:46 PM
Jalen green. Suggs gonna be nice though

Yeah, but to be different I will say Evan Mobley.

3ba11
07-29-2021, 03:32 AM
If Kuminga improves his fundamentals, he has the highest ceiling of any draftee

his live dribble fundamentals need work - he does that deron williams side-to-side cadence circa 2006, when he should be doing the same cadence going AT the defender, trying to sneak by the defender at a more direct angle - essentially, he doesn't know how to set up the blow-by...

his G-league highlights show him blowing by a guy going left and dunking (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R8PHQwNInY&t=02m07s), but he doesn't know how to set that up every time because of the aforementioned hole in his live dribble fundamentals (even on that blow-by, he isn't approaching the defender directly trying to sneak by, but it happens to work out).. Guys like Nash or Ingram have mastered approaching the defender directly for the blow-by, so he should watch them..

His jab step is really bad too, so defenders cut him off and he's forced to spin - he needs work on his triple-threat fundamentals - he used a headfake once in his G-league highlights and it worked like a charm... He should work on his head/shot fake and jab-step game - he should be shot-faking almost everytime upon the catch - that sets up so much.. An in-out dribble would do wonders for him too.

Regarding Suggs - I'm off him - he's good but his handle isn't really optimal - he doesn't even dribble like a real guard with his off-arm up and protecting at all times.. he's good with a head of steam, but not sold on anything else about his game.

ShawkFactory
07-29-2021, 11:12 AM
If Kuminga improves his fundamentals, he has the highest ceiling of any draftee

his live dribble fundamentals need work - he does that deron williams side-to-side cadence circa 2006, when he should be doing the same cadence going AT the defender, trying to sneak by the defender at a more direct angle - essentially, he doesn't know how to set up the blow-by...

his G-league highlights show him blowing by a guy going left and dunking (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R8PHQwNInY&t=02m07s), but he doesn't know how to set that up every time because of the aforementioned hole in his live dribble fundamentals (even on that blow-by, he isn't approaching the defender directly trying to sneak by, but it happens to work out).. Guys like Nash or Ingram have mastered approaching the defender directly for the blow-by, so he should watch them..

His jab step is really bad too, so defenders cut him off and he's forced to spin - he needs work on his triple-threat fundamentals - he used a headfake once in his G-league highlights and it worked like a charm... He should work on his head/shot fake and jab-step game - he should be shot-faking almost everytime upon the catch - that sets up so much.. An in-out dribble would do wonders for him too.

Regarding Suggs - I'm off him - he's good but his handle isn't really optimal - he doesn't even dribble like a real guard with his off-arm up and protecting at all times.. he's good with a head of steam, but not sold on anything else about his game.

The issue with him is that no one knows if he has a desire to do that. He routinely took plays off on defense and would get lazy offensively. Too many random pull ups with no attempt to set anything up for himself or anyone else.

Not a great look when you're a rookie in the G league fighting to be a top draft pick. Maybe he'll enter the right situation and someone will be able to get the best out of him. But it's definitely a huge question mark.

red1
07-29-2021, 01:23 PM
Jalen Suggs is going to be a raptor please

GOAT franchise wins again

3ba11
07-29-2021, 08:59 PM
The issue with him is that no one knows if he has a desire to do that. He routinely took plays off on defense and would get lazy offensively. Too many random pull ups with no attempt to set anything up for himself or anyone else.

Not a great look when you're a rookie in the G league fighting to be a top draft pick. Maybe he'll enter the right situation and someone will be able to get the best out of him. But it's definitely a huge question mark.

It's such an easy fix and something players do develop (setting up defenders for the blow-by so he doesn't get cut off and need to do a spin move)

The guy is lightning quick and I think he'll surprise people.. He's my guy and I'm rolling with him over anyone, although Jalen Green could easily impress more for the 1st year or 2

Smook A.
07-29-2021, 09:00 PM
Jalen Green