- MVP snubs

- Media rankings

- Winning an Oscar then feminists and gays coming out their graves all offended

- Gail King, Lisa Leslie interview couple days after his death

Randy Moss said it best at 1:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcthlnFEoR0

FKAri
07-27-2021, 10:00 AM
Which year was he snubbed for MVP? This should be funny.

Hey Yo
07-27-2021, 10:14 AM

Be careful.... he might give you the same sermon I got on what and who you should be a fan of.

LAL
07-27-2021, 10:24 AM

2006, 2009, 2013 I like 01 and 03 too.. and 07.

Were you the one that said Steve Nash was a better leader than Chris Paul because of his "camaraderie" or some dumb shit like that?

LAL
07-27-2021, 10:25 AM
Be careful.... he might give you the same sermon I got on what and who you should be a fan of.

And you ran because you knew i was right. No hard feelings i like you sometimes.

3ba11
07-27-2021, 10:33 AM
Spot on OP...

The media picks winners and losers... And it's based on personality... So Shaq and Lebron are friendly dumb guys that laugh, joke and go along, get along... So they're winners..

Otoh, guys like KD, Kyrie, and Kobe are selfish, truculant losers because the media doesn't feel comfortable around their intellect, superior understanding and more sophisticated, nuanced world view..

Out of the Shaq/Kobe duo, Shaq was annointed the winner, and Kobe the selfish loser... The reason they chose Shaq is because his goofiness appealed to the human element (dumbness)..

Ultimately, the media's talent is being comfortable in front of the camera - that's what they went to journalism school for - but they're quite dumb about the subject they're covering - a bunch of Joe the Plumbers with journalism majors.. So Shaq appeals to their dumbness and they're more comfortable around him, so they make excuses for his failures while overrating his successes (like being FMVP against bum Eastern teams, while Kobe carried the Lakers through the tough teams, aka Kings or Blazers)

Forget the fact that Kobe was a closer that didn't need a super-team to win.. As a closer, he needs less help than rebounders like Shaq, Lebron, or even Giannis.. Closers need less help than rebounders because rebounders need closers (scorers), who are the most expensive players.

ImKobe
07-27-2021, 10:35 AM

2006 obviously.. he single-handedly carried that team to the Playoffs while posting the highest scoring average since MJ in the 80s. Nash winning it was a joke because he had a loaded roster, even without Amare. Marion was just as important to the Suns' success as he was that season. Yet, Kobe finished 4th in MVP voting and multiple voters left him off the ballot completely out of spite. Kobe got the 2nd most 1st place votes but got disrespected by half of the voters and the league was pushing for a white superstar to make up for their "bad" image after AI's "thug" image & Kobe's Colorado case and after the Pistons-Pacers brawl happened by changing the dress code & crowning a white MVP for 3 years in a row.

Before you make the Lebron MVP argument, he had the better team, played in a much worse Conference and wasn't as big of a superstar as Kobe in '06. Kobe was universally considered the best in the world that year and he was clearly the most valuable player as his team was the worst in the league without him yet still won 45 games . Kobe was only 2nd to Wade in RAPM that year but Wade obviously played with Shaq and in a much worse Conference.

Hey Yo
07-27-2021, 10:37 AM
And you ran because you knew i was right. No hard feelings i like you sometimes.

Naaa... didnt want to sabotage the thread. Funny how you got those dykes backs on hating their country.

LAL
07-27-2021, 10:41 AM
Spot on OP...

The media picks winners and losers... And it's based on personality... So Shaq and Lebron are friendly dumb guys that laugh, joke and go along, get along... So they're winners..

Otoh, guys like KD, Kyrie, and Kobe are selfish, truculant losers because the media doesn't feel comfortable around their intellect, superior understanding and more sophisticated, nuanced world view..

Out of the Shaq/Kobe duo, Shaq was annointed the winner, and Kobe the selfish loser... The reason they chose Shaq is because his goofiness appealed to the human element (dumbness)..

Ultimately, the media's talent is being comfortable in front of the camera - that's what they went to journalism school for - but they're quite dumb about the subject they're covering - a bunch of Joe the Plumbers with journalism majors.. So Shaq appeals to their dumbness and they're more comfortable around him, so they make excuses for his failures while overrating his successes (like being FMVP against bum Eastern teams, while Kobe carried the Lakers through the tough teams, aka Kings or Blazers)

Forget the fact that Kobe was a closer that didn't need a super-team to win.. As a closer, he needs less help than rebounders like Shaq, Lebron, or even Giannis.. Closers need less help than rebounders because rebounders need closers (scorers), who are the most expensive players.

Great post. Now all i need you to do is put him in your top 3 all time going forward, thx.

LAL
07-27-2021, 10:42 AM
Naaa... didnt want to sabotage the thread. Funny how you got those dykes backs on hating their country.

We both know i didn't do that, nice try :cheers:

LAL
07-27-2021, 10:45 AM
2006 obviously.. he single-handedly carried that team to the Playoffs while posting the highest scoring average since MJ in the 80s. Nash winning it was a joke because he had a loaded roster, even without Amare. Marion was just as important to the Suns' success as he was that season. Yet, Kobe finished 4th in MVP voting and multiple voters left him off the ballot completely out of spite. Kobe got the 2nd most 1st place votes but got disrespected by half of the voters and the league was pushing for a white superstar to make up for their "bad" image after AI's "thug" image & Kobe's Colorado case and after the Pistons-Pacers brawl happened by changing the dress code & crowning a white MVP for 3 years in a row.

Before you make the Lebron MVP argument, he had the better team, played in a much worse Conference and wasn't as big of a superstar as Kobe in '06. Kobe was universally considered the best in the world that year and he was clearly the most valuable player as his team was the worst in the league without him yet still won 45 games . Kobe was only 2nd to Wade in RAPM that year but Wade obviously played with Shaq and in a much worse Conference.

check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_hJuAyQkpI

3ba11
07-27-2021, 10:52 AM
check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_hJuAyQkpI

That's how most players felt back then... and now even.

FKAri
07-27-2021, 10:56 AM

I do wish they gave the MVP to the guy having the best year. In that sense I do think Kobe had a good shot in 06. Nash winning it is tricky. I disagree that he had a loaded team without Amare. Not the case at all. But how much credit do you give D'Antoni for cracking the NBA code and how much credit do you give Nash for implementing it on the floor? Tough to say. If you're going to give Nash the credit then he's your MVP AND best player of the year.

ImKobe
07-27-2021, 11:07 AM
I do wish they gave the MVP to the guy having the best year. In that sense I do think Kobe had a good shot in 06. Nash winning it is tricky. I disagree that he had a loaded team without Amare. Not the case at all. But how much credit do you give D'Antoni for cracking the NBA code and how much credit do you give Nash for implementing it on the floor? Tough to say. If you're going to give Nash the credit then he's your MVP AND best player of the year.

D'Antoni deserves credit for the offensive schemes and Marion deserves credit for being the leading scorer, rebounder & defensive player. Marion led the team in everything but the assists. Even with Amare out, the team had SIX 10+ ppg scorers and were #1 in 3PA, 3PM and 3PT% and they were mediocre on defense, which is great when you consider how bad Nash was on defense and how many transition opportunities there were in those Suns games due to the space and the small ball, you don't get all that without having a stacked roster.

It's not like I'm arguing that Kobe was the unanimous MVP, but he absolutely got snubbed in the MVP voting that year as some left him off the ballot or had him at the bottom of it out of hate. Go back and look at how the players/coaches viewed Kobe at the time, he was everybody's MVP but the media's.

Horatio33
07-27-2021, 01:25 PM
Kobe wasnt 2003 mvp. Shaq missed the first 20 plus games and the Lakers had a losing record. Then Shaq came back and the were way above .500 the rest of the way.

AlternativeAcc.
07-27-2021, 01:34 PM
Kobe never had an MVP season and is the worst finals performer in history

His career kinda stinks when you analyze it correctly

RRR3
07-27-2021, 01:35 PM

Were you the one that said Steve Nash was a better leader than Chris Paul because of his "camaraderie" or some dumb shit like that?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

2013?????

All those years besides 06 and 07 are laughable but 2013????!!????

LAL
07-27-2021, 01:50 PM
Kobe wasnt 2003 mvp. Shaq missed the first 20 plus games and the Lakers had a losing record. Then Shaq came back and the were way above .500 the rest of the way.

He did well with devean george and samaki walker, that team was worse than Tmac's without Shaq. They weren't going to give him anything ofcourse because he had a fat out of shape Shaq, every win with Shaq is a argument against Kobe it seems. Only Lebron gets a serious mvp push when his big man teammate outperforms him.

LAL
07-27-2021, 01:58 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

2013?????

All those years besides 06 and 07 are laughable but 2013????!!????

Lebron got the cheapest and easiest mvp ever that season, Kobe was the most impressive player that season at the age of 34, absolutely incredible season, it's on tape. They should have awarded him after every media member clowned the Lakers all season when talking about making the playoffs, finished the season swishing 2 free throws on a torn achilles after getting those loser in making him play like MJ/Magic/Glove in one in his 17th season. That was a true mvp, memorable game after memorable game.

RRR3
07-27-2021, 02:07 PM
Struggling to make the playoffs with a superteam=MVP :yaohappy:

LeBron was twice as good as Kobe that year anyways.

RRR3
07-27-2021, 02:10 PM
This dude really said Kobe should have at minimum 6 MVPs and maybe more and expects people to take him seriously.

2013 lmaoooooo :roll: :roll: :roll:

LAL
07-27-2021, 02:18 PM
Struggling to make the playoffs with a superteam=MVP

LeBron was twice as good as Kobe that year anyways.

Turns out it wasn't a superteam without nash, injured dwight who did everything wrong until kobe got his dumb head right for that last push giving a bit more effort instead of crying about post up touches, d'antoni system that made no sense. The real stars were Kobe and scrubs like morris, clarck, meeks and hill. Crazy season.

Lol twice as good, he was never better. No stat padding, took on every challenge against the younger stars, on both ends.

8Ball
07-27-2021, 02:18 PM

2009? The year LeBron nearly got unanimous MVP?

2013? The year LeBron nearly got unanimous MVP?

I would agree with 2006 but he didn't win enough games.

8Ball
07-27-2021, 02:21 PM
Kobe never had an MVP season and is the worst finals performer in history

His career kinda stinks when you analyze it correctly

He won 2008 fair and square.

Charlie Sheen
07-27-2021, 02:22 PM
- Rape case was the same season as Lebron's rookie year

- Everybody was on lazy manchild Shaq's side

- MVP snubs

- Media rankings

- Winning an Oscar then feminists and gays coming out their graves all offended

- Gail King, Lisa Leslie interview couple days after his death

Randy Moss said it best at 1:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcthlnFEoR0

Why do you let other people tell you what to think?

LAL
07-27-2021, 02:23 PM
This dude really said Kobe should have at minimum 6 MVPs and maybe more and expects people to take him seriously.

2013 lmaoooooo :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ofcourse, even in 2001, he wasn't respected like that because of lack of support from his jealous veteran teammates and coach who even told him to dial it down averaging 30 and dominating. Thats actually where the whole media started discrediting him.

LAL
07-27-2021, 02:25 PM
2009? The year LeBron nearly got unanimous MVP?

2013? The year LeBron nearly got unanimous MVP?

I would agree with 2006 but he didn't win enough games.

Ofcourse, you weren't allowed to go against lebron and his great stats in the east winning shit back then. Kobe and pau winning couple games less out West.

LAL
07-27-2021, 02:28 PM
Why do you let other people tell you what to think?

How so

8Ball
07-27-2021, 02:32 PM
Ofcourse, you weren't allowed to go against lebron and his great stats in the east winning shit back then. Kobe and pau winning couple games less than Heatles out West.

Yall won 45 games in 2013 vs LeBron's 66 games.

That's 21 game spread buddy.

LAL
07-27-2021, 02:39 PM
Yall won 45 games in 2013 vs LeBron's 66 games.

That's 21 game spread buddy.

09 is what i meant

A lot of teams had a better record in 13, let alone the Heatles, Kobe was the best player and deserved it after all he had to do and the way he did it and how it ended. Knowing his career basically over right there, still got to award lebron's stat padding with his Superteam in the east. So many free layups and shit.

2013 was Vino's year.

Charlie Sheen
07-27-2021, 02:45 PM
How so

It shouldn't really matter what the liberal media or whoever you want to put in that place thinks about Kobe. Trust your own judgement. It's not math... there isn't a finite solution to the question "How good was Kobe Bryant?"

Hey Yo
07-27-2021, 02:53 PM
Turns out it wasn't a superteam without nash, injured dwight who did everything wrong until kobe got his dumb head right for that last push giving a bit more effort instead of crying about post up touches, d'antoni system that made no sense. The real stars were Kobe and scrubs like morris, clarck, meeks and hill. Crazy season.

Lol twice as good, he was never better. No stat padding, took on every challenge against the younger stars, on both ends.

Injured Dwight played 76gms, avg 17pts and 12rpg which ended up him leading the league in rpg.

He did everything wrong though.

LAL
07-27-2021, 02:56 PM
It shouldn't really matter what the liberal media or whoever you want to put in that place thinks about Kobe. Trust your own judgement. It's not math... there isn't a finite solution to the question "How good was Kobe Bryant?"

True

LAL
07-27-2021, 02:58 PM
Injured Dwight played 76gms, avg 17pts and 12rpg which ended up him leading the league in rpg.

He did everything wrong though.

Except rebounding, you got me! Did a better job after asb,.. but in the playoffs, those rebounds and Pau were getting us nowhere

RRR3
07-27-2021, 03:07 PM
09 is what i meant

A lot of teams had a better record in 13, let alone the Heatles, Kobe was the best player and deserved it after all he had to do and the way he did it and how it ended. Knowing his career basically over right there, still got to award lebron's stat padding with his Superteam in the east. So many free layups and shit.

2013 was Vino's year.
The East had a winning record against the West in 09 lmao. The Cavs had a better record against the West in 09. LeBron absolutely blew Kobe away in all metrics and won more games with a significantly worse roster. You literally have zero argument for 09 besides Kobe making your dick hard.

FKAri
07-27-2021, 03:08 PM
Except rebounding, you got me! Did a better job after asb,.. but in the playoffs, those rebounds and Pau were getting us nowhere

So the most dominant front line in the league + an MVP PG as his running mate and he still needed more help? And was still threatening to bolt for Chicago?

LAL
07-27-2021, 03:13 PM
The East had a winning record against the West in 09 lmao. The Cavs had a better record against the West in 09. LeBron absolutely blew Kobe away in all metrics and won more games with a significantly worse roster. You literally have zero argument for 09 besides Kobe making your dick hard.

I didn't realize the East was stronger that year wow.. :roll:

RRR3
07-27-2021, 03:17 PM
I didn't realize the East was stronger that year wow.. :roll:
Yep now admit LeBron deserved it and maybe I’ll take you semi seriously.

LAL
07-27-2021, 03:17 PM
So the most dominant front line in the league + an MVP PG as his running mate and he still needed more help? And was still threatening to bolt for Chicago?

How do you mix 2007 with 2013 like that? MVP PG lol

In 2007 he was like just give me a Bosh type player with worse defense and i'll stay and try to three peat again for this city.

LAL
07-27-2021, 03:21 PM
Yep now admit LeBron deserved it and maybe I’ll take you semi seriously.

:oldlol: This coming from you.

Lebron should have been second because history has proven those stats were nothing without ever winning a ring or making the finals that year losing to dwight.

FKAri
07-27-2021, 03:22 PM
How do you mix 2007 with 2013 like that? MVP PG lol

In 2007 he was like just give me a Bosh type player with worse defense and i'll stay and try to three peat again for this city.

It's ISH. Aren't we supposed to be making shit up? Wait, is this thread serious?

tpols
07-27-2021, 03:22 PM
People didn't like Kobe because he wasn't part of the go along get all gang. He wasn't apart of the banana boat crew or President of the players union. Chris Paul has been the president since 2013, and Derek fisher was the president before that. Kobe was never apart of that go along get along gang because he was solely about basketball and winning.

The only fishy thing I find is how they made him wear that women's clothing in that photo shoot, and his "Kobe system" commercials featured a pyramid. That is some fishy shit, seems like he was down with the Hollywood cult.

LAL
07-27-2021, 03:23 PM
It's ISH. Aren't we supposed to be making shit up? Wait, is this thread serious?

LOL

Media hated his guts yes.

RRR3
07-27-2021, 03:37 PM
:oldlol: This coming from you.

Lebron should have been second because history has proven those stats were nothing without ever winning a ring or making the finals that year losing to dwight.
LeBron played better against Dwight than your hero did. Sorry his best teammate was Mo Williams and not Pau Gasol. I figured you’d be unable to even admit that despite literally all evidence saying LeBron should have won that year. Kobe shouldn’t have even been second, Wade was better. Cope.

RRR3
07-27-2021, 03:39 PM
“Kobe shoulda won in 2009!”

“Why?”

“LeBron played in the weak east”

“The East had a winning record against the east”

“Well, Kobe beat the Magic and LeBron didnt!”

“LeBron significantly outperformed Kobe versus the Magic, he just had worse teammates”

“Well Kobe makes my dick hard and LeBron doesn’t!”

:roll:

Airupthere
07-27-2021, 03:41 PM

“Why?”

“LeBron significantly outperformed Kobe versus the Magic, he just had worse teammates”

You're talking to yourself again...

tpols
07-27-2021, 03:45 PM

“Why?”

2009 was the only year in the past 20+ years the east had a winning record over the west dummy.

And then to top it all off, in the playoffs bran and his 66 win team lost to the same team Kobe mopped the floor with.

Checkmate, mate.

LAL
07-27-2021, 03:47 PM

“Why?”

EaSt HaD a WiNnInG rEcORd Vs WeSt

Mo WaS hIs BeSt TeAmMaTe

BeTtEr AlL aRoUnD sTaTs LoSiNg To DwIgHt

WoRsE TeAmMaTeS

Meanwhile Kobe was putting real fear into Carmelo, AI, Martin, Dante, Battier, Artest, Milsap, AK47 and that whole magic team on his way to a ring. Triple doubles tho.

Hey Yo
07-27-2021, 03:47 PM

Did those scrubs, who you say were the real stars, do anything to help LA in the playoffs?

LAL
07-27-2021, 03:51 PM
Did those scrubs, who you say were the real stars, do anything to help LA in the playoffs?

That's a lot of pressure to ask guys like darius morris and Clark to beat the 13 spurs without the league's true MVP miraculously raising their games, lebron needed a last second ray allen three to beat them in 7.

Hey Yo
07-27-2021, 03:54 PM
I'll take that as a no...

RRR3
07-27-2021, 03:55 PM
EaSt HaD a WiNnInG rEcORd Vs WeSt

Mo WaS hIs BeSt TeAmMaTe

BeTtEr AlL aRoUnD sTaTs LoSiNg To DwIgHt

WoRsE TeAmMaTeS

Meanwhile Kobe was putting real fear into Carmelo, AI, Martin, Dante, Battier, Artest, Milsap, AK47 and that whole magic team on his way to a ring. Triple doubles tho.
Everything I said was true and you’re unable to deny it. AI wasn’t on the Nuggets in the 09 playoffs :yaohappy:

You literally don’t know what you’re talking about.

LAL
07-27-2021, 04:00 PM
Everything I said was true and you’re unable to deny it. AI wasn’t on the Nuggets in the 09 playoffs :yaohappy:

You literally don’t know what you’re talking about.

Besides my mistake this is a weak response, you're getting weaker and tired because of your lack of testosterone i think.

LAL
07-27-2021, 04:14 PM
I'll take that as a no...

Kobe fam won't accept you in the future if you keep making no sense.

SouBeachTalents
07-27-2021, 04:18 PM

Reasonable take, not sure why you left out other years he was snubbed like '02, '04, '10, '11 & '12. And I know Curry was the heavy MVP favorite after winning 73 games in 2016, but imo Kobe should've won after his 60 point game

07-27-2021, 04:21 PM
Reasonable take, not sure why you left out other years he was snubbed like '02, '04, '10, '11 & '12. And I know Curry was the heavy MVP favorite in 2016 after winning 73 games, but imo Kobe should've won after his 60 point game
What about 2005? He had the worst team of all time and Nash sucks anyway

LAL
07-27-2021, 04:26 PM
Reasonable take, not sure why you left out other years he was snubbed like '02, '04, '10, '11 & '12. And I know Curry was the heavy MVP favorite after winning 73 games in 2016, but imo Kobe should've won after his 60 point game

You're right but i would say '10 and '16 was a tossup between Kobe/lebron and Kobe/Curry even though nobody gave a shit about Warriors 73 wins during Kobe's 60 point game, legendary stuff. Pump faking lebron out of his shoes, breaking his ankles almost, pulled off the playmaker role better than prime lebron when they went head to head too.

SouBeachTalents
07-27-2021, 04:26 PM
Missing the playoffs hurts his case, but he has a reasonable argument for '05 too

LAL
07-27-2021, 04:27 PM

Didn't play enough games.

ScottieQuitting
07-27-2021, 04:38 PM
Shaq should’ve got 2005 MVP. Bringing his total to 2x MVPs which seems fair.

Kobe had arguments in 2003, 2007, and 2010. And was basically the runner up for MVP in 2013 at 34.

In my personal opinion, Kobe probably should’ve won in 2006, especially how they eventually gave it to Westbrick in 2016 for um stats.

He had to work with utter dog shit teammates. Worse than Westbrick too. And put up a better fight in the playoffs.

Nash should’ve won 2007. He was better than he was in both of his “MVP seasons quote, and I definitely had him as the better player compared to Dirk Nowitzki. Who basically had the worst MVP season ever, getting bounced in the first round by an eight seed.

2009 Kobe definitely probably should have got it. 65 wins in a more difficult conference. 27/5/5.

With that said, I saw a very good argument for CP3 as MVP in 2008, over Kobe even. So you win some and lose some. I had LeBron at 3rd in MVP voting that year, and KG in fourth. I mean dude played with prime Pierce and Ray Allen.

But Chris put up 21 point and 12 dimes. And 3 steals per game. Led them to 56 wins in the Western Conference with David West as his sidekick? Pretty impressive.

But no shame in the Kobe pick, he earned it. IMO for my money he should’ve been MVP in 2006, 2008 and 2009. 3x MVPs seems about right for the quality of player he was. And his dominance over the league.