PDA

View Full Version : NBA implementing new rule: drawing contact at the 3 is disallow even

bison
07-27-2021, 11:35 PM
Per shams:

“NBA officiating staffs will be trained to identify and properly rule overt non-basketball actions to initiate contact with defender — such as offensive player launches into defender, abruptly veers off path, kicks leg at abnormal angle, or his off-arm hooks defender.

If deemed more than marginal (offensive player's contact impacts the defender's speed, quickness, balance, or rhythm) -- play results in an offensive foul.

A no-call should result -- if the contact is deemed marginal.“

I don’t know if this means more calls or non calls. Should be interesting how this impacts harden, Trae and embiid

iamgine
07-28-2021, 03:10 PM
This sounds great. Would fix the foul baiting problems.

tontoz
07-28-2021, 03:21 PM
I'll believe it when i see it.

hiphopanonymous
07-28-2021, 03:26 PM
The NBA already insisted the defenders become traffic cones by taking away all contact save for moving screens on offense so this won't change much of anything it will still be an open gym style shooting clinic league

Spain_
07-28-2021, 03:44 PM
I'm calling it now that star players will continue to get such calls.

j3lademaster
07-28-2021, 03:46 PM
I'm calling it now that star players will continue to get such calls.yup, not too optimistic

DoctorP
07-28-2021, 03:49 PM
I'm calling it now that star players will continue to get such calls.

this. it's a joke.

warriorfan
07-28-2021, 03:50 PM
I'll believe it when i see it.

This. Lol

Full Court
07-28-2021, 11:19 PM
I wholeheartedly support this rule. Time for people to stop playing like p*****s.

Ainosterhaspie
07-29-2021, 12:37 AM
The league has made adjustments to foul baiting like making the rip through a non shooting foul and I remember toning them toning down Wade's signature pump fake jump at a weird angle into a defender. This supposed change is along those lines so skepticism expressd above is a little overboard.

Hopefully they follow through. Way to many gifts to offensive players on contact they initiate with moves whose only purpose is to bait a whistle rather than actually trying to make a basket.

Bawkish
07-29-2021, 01:59 AM
It's gonna last a month