PDA

View Full Version : Where should Ben Simmons go? Trade ideas?

Jasper
07-28-2021, 06:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DfWBLOth6g

I would love for the Bucks coaching staff get a hold of him.
A PG with low post moves , as a 6th man diming and rebounding ...

Portland would be a good fit , with Dame as the SG.
But lets face it he has a huge contract , and someone will have to reinvent Ben to make a difference.
Only thing I can think of , is 6'ers doing it , unless they convince Simmons to re-calibrate his contract to be a sign and deal option. :confusedshrug:

Name a team that could take on this development project ....

Chicago ??
Knicks ??

Chick Stern
07-28-2021, 06:07 PM
Sac

ralph_i_el
07-28-2021, 06:13 PM
Guangdong

fourkicks44
07-28-2021, 06:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DfWBLOth6g

I would love for the Bucks coaching staff get a hold of him.
A PG with low post moves , as a 6th man diming and rebounding ...

Portland would be a good fit , with Dame as the SG.
But lets face it he has a huge contract , and someone will have to reinvent Ben to make a difference.
Only thing I can think of , is 6'ers doing it , unless they convince Simmons to re-calibrate his contract to be a sign and deal option. :confusedshrug:

Name a team that could take on this development project ....

Chicago ??
Knicks ??

Simmons has zero post moves.

Mask the Embiid
07-28-2021, 07:23 PM
hopefully not back to philly

ScottieQuitting
07-28-2021, 07:56 PM

Simmons has zero moves or jumper period. Such a boring, underwhelming player to watch. And it’s not like he’s boring and produces at a superstar / HOF level like gay ass Tim Duncan. But, whatever. Keep him off my Bulls, please.

SouBeachTalents
07-28-2021, 08:00 PM
Portland, trade him for McCollum, I think both teams could benefit. At this rate I could see Simmons develop into a Dray type player alongside Dame, play elite defense and facilitate. But a lot of it depends on him at this point. If he's content just being in the NBA and living the celebrity lifestyle, he's never going to improve

ScottieQuitting
07-28-2021, 08:02 PM
Portland, trade him for McCollum, I think both teams could benefit. At this rate I could see Simmons develop into a Dray type player alongside Dame, play elite defense and facilitate. But a lot of it depends on him at this point. If he's content just being in the NBA and living the celebrity lifestyle, he's never going to improve
Doable. But don’t you think Philly will demand Dame himself in exchange? Is McCollum enough to supplement Embiid with the likes of the damn super loaded Nets, Bucks in that conference? They’re gonna ask for Dame.

SouBeachTalents
07-28-2021, 08:10 PM
Doable. But don’t you think Philly will demand Dame himself in exchange? Is McCollum enough to supplement Embiid with the likes of the damn super loaded Nets, Bucks in that conference? They’re gonna ask for Dame.
There's just no way in hell I see Portland ever swapping Dame for Simmons :lol Even if Dame demands a trade I'd assume they'd look for a better trade package than one that includes Simmons as the top player they'd get in return. And no, adding McCollum doesn't put Philly in position to contend with a healthy Nets team, but if the same scenario unfolds where Kyrie or Harden get hurt, I don't think it's unreasonable to think they could theoretically beat a shorthanded Nets team or the Bucks.

Philly just seems to have a mental hangup in the playoffs right now, not advancing past the 2nd round once in the Embiid era and coming off that horrendous collapse to the Hawks. Unfortunately I'm not sure Doc is the right man for the job :lol If I'm Philly I'd def take McCollum for Simmons at this point, I think Ben just needs a fresh start somewhere else at this point.

ScottieQuitting
07-28-2021, 08:15 PM
There's just no way in hell I see Portland ever swapping Dame for Simmons :lol Even if Dame demands a trade I'd assume they'd look for a better trade package than one that includes Simmons as the top player they'd get in return. And no, adding McCollum doesn't put Philly in position to contend with a healthy Nets team, but if the same scenario unfolds where Kyrie or Harden get hurt, I don't think it's unreasonable to think they could theoretically beat a shorthanded Nets team or the Bucks.

Philly just seems to have a mental hangup in the playoffs right now, not advancing past the 2nd round once in the Embiid era and coming off that horrendous collapse to the Hawks. Unfortunately I'm not sure Doc is the right man for the job :lol If I'm Philly I'd def take McCollum for Simmons at this point, I think Ben just needs a fresh start somewhere else at this point.

I don’t see them parting with him either. After Drexler, he’s literally the franchises best player ever.

And he’s still a west coast guy at heart. I don’t even want to see him leave Portland. He is built fairly competitive and pretty loyal. Which is a rarity now a days with the likes of cowardly, easy toad taking superstar merc bitches like LeBron and KD.

Dame, Giannis and Steph’s are in short supply now a days. Rare breed. They’re not really built like that anymore.

DoctorP
07-28-2021, 08:22 PM
he should go to the gym and work on his jumpshot and free throws. thats the only place he should go.

fourkicks44
07-28-2021, 08:29 PM

Hmm not compltely against the idea, but let's be serious.

McCollum+ Cov sounds good to me.

Reality is McCollum is past his prime and Simmons is only 25

Blazers need to appease and make Dame happy for him to stay, the Sixers don't have to appease and make Simmons happy.

In any trade to Portland not involving Dame, Morey virtually has the upper hand.

And realistically if the Sixers hold off and Simmons is still on the team opening night? That is more Ben's problem than the Sixers. Nothing gained but nothing lost for Morey.

People need to realize, yeah it was a shit ending to the season, yeah Simmons is who everyone said he was, yeah he is not wanted in this city, but if he stays on the team it's business as usual. At this stage, we are use to it over here.

Ultimately Morey took over a dumpster fire, mine and most expectations were low for the last season.

I believed that it would take a year or two with the limited resources he had for Morey to build a near contending team. The season was weird af, but they still got the 1 seed which was way higher than expected.

Giving Simmons away for peanuts would be stupid at this point. Even if he is a complete idiot.

LukeWalton
07-28-2021, 09:05 PM
Guangdong

yeah i think its either between Guangdong or Shanghai

jalbert009
07-28-2021, 09:54 PM
I Think Simmons plus other assets ends up in Washington for Beal. And Westbrook goes to the Lakers for Schroeder plus other assets. Then Simmons plus Schroeder become a 8th seed team to bottom last team for the rest of their careers producing empty stats And getting paid max money.

DoctorP
07-28-2021, 10:02 PM
he should go to the gym and work on his jumpshot and free throws. thats the only place he should go.

After that I'm putting him on fast breaks with shooters.

DoctorP
07-28-2021, 10:06 PM
Id experiment with Simmons at the 4. You want a Simmons because of his versatility. I will want to open up the game for him to playmake.

RRR3
07-28-2021, 10:08 PM
Hmm not compltely against the idea, but let's be serious.

McCollum+ Cov sounds good to me.

Reality is McCollum is past his prime and Simmons is only 25

Blazers need to appease and make Dame happy for him to stay, the Sixers don't have to appease and make Simmons happy.

In any trade to Portland not involving Dame, Morey virtually has the upper hand.

And realistically if the Sixers hold off and Simmons is still on the team opening night? That is more Ben's problem than the Sixers. Nothing gained but nothing lost for Morey.

People need to realize, yeah it was a shit ending to the season, yeah Simmons is who everyone said he was, yeah he is not wanted in this city, but if he stays on the team it's business as usual. At this stage, we are use to it over here.

Ultimately Morey took over a dumpster fire, mine and most expectations were low for the last season.

I believed that it would take a year or two with the limited resources he had for Morey to build a near contending team. The season was weird af, but they still got the 1 seed which was way higher than expected.

Giving Simmons away for peanuts would be stupid at this point. Even if he is a complete idiot.
McCollum isn’t past his prime he just had his best season wtf.

fourkicks44
07-28-2021, 10:13 PM
Id experiment with Simmons at the 4. You want a Simmons because of his versatility. I will want to open up the game for him to playmake.

Interesting point that people have made is Chicago is a good situation for him play in (despite what Coach says) . This due to Vucecic ability to space the floor and hit from 3 in away that Embiid can't.

fourkicks44
07-28-2021, 10:17 PM
McCollum isn’t past his prime he just had his best season wtf.

He is 30 next season and had his own history of injuries.

The point I'm making is he is at a vastly different stage of his career to Simmons.

Jasper
07-29-2021, 09:47 AM

wrong - if you watched him practice he has exactly that , but he can't punch threw the wall and use it in a game where the
coaching staff feeds him.

Trade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrjIGS8jlZo

Finally someone thinking positive about how he can be used....
I just don't get why 6'ers gave him a grossly huge contract to start with.

rawimpact
07-29-2021, 10:26 AM
pyongyang

fourkicks44
07-29-2021, 05:42 PM
wrong - if you watched him practice he has exactly that , but he can't punch threw the wall and use it in a game where the
coaching staff feeds him.

Trade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrjIGS8jlZo

Finally someone thinking positive about how he can be used....
I just don't get why 6'ers gave him a grossly huge contract to start with.

I watch at least 97% of Philadelphia games a season (Unfortunately for me). If I miss a game I watch highlights the next day, individual and team. I have seen almost every shot he has ever taken in the NBA.

He has no post moves. All he has is a hook shot that he tries to use as a bail out when he is stuck, which is almost always.

He can't even effectively spin baseline when the defender commits to guard him and cut off pathway to the key. This is the most simple post move in history of the game and he can't even do that.

He attempts to capitaize opponents mismatches in the post on smaller guards and it always fails unless the dumb ass opponents stupidly double team him and he passes out to find the open teamates.

For his size, speed and the pure number of times in a game he comes up mismatched with a smaller opponent he is absolutely the pits when it comes to post scoring.

insidehoops
07-29-2021, 06:06 PM
The Sixers and Warriors reportedly discussed a Ben Simmons trade: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=26182

j3lademaster
07-29-2021, 06:44 PM
The Sixers and Warriors reportedly discussed a Ben Simmons trade: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=26182Damn, that's superstar asking price. But alas, Simmons' value is whatever the highest bidder is willing to give; even if 29 other GM's think it's preposterous.

Jasper
07-29-2021, 07:08 PM
I watch at least 97% of Philadelphia games a season (Unfortunately for me). If I miss a game I watch highlights the next day, individual and team. I have seen almost every shot he has ever taken in the NBA.

He has no post moves. All he has is a hook shot that he tries to use as a bail out when he is stuck, which is almost always.

He can't even effectively spin baseline when the defender commits to guard him and cut off pathway to the key. This is the most simple post move in history of the game and he can't even do that.

He attempts to capitaize opponents mismatches in the post on smaller guards and it always fails unless the dumb ass opponents stupidly double team him and he passes out to find the open teamates.

For his size, speed and the pure number of times in a game he comes up mismatched with a smaller opponent he is absolutely the pits when it comes to post scoring.
use spell checker
dude I said practice... not games...

Dr. Cheesesteak
07-29-2021, 07:08 PM
Word is GSW dropped out of those talks now. But it seems like Beal has to be traded now, now that Wiz traded Westbrook for no real relevant piece. Beal for Simmons straight up? Mix in some other pieces/assets to please either side?

I'm honestly not sure who'd demand more. I actually think Wiz would want more than just Simmons. Would Sixers agree to Simmons + Maxey + #28 for Beal?

Jasper
07-29-2021, 07:09 PM
The Sixers and Warriors reportedly discussed a Ben Simmons trade: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=26182

that is way way to much for Simmons...

fourkicks44
07-29-2021, 07:33 PM
that is way way to much for Simmons...

And for the 76ers it doesn't make a great deal of sense either on its own.

It would obviously be something that Morey would be using for a further trade of most likely Tobias Harris, with those picks I assume.

Word is GSW dropped out of those talks now. But it seems like Beal has to be traded now, now that Wiz traded Westbrook for no real relevant piece. Beal for Simmons straight up? Mix in some other pieces/assets to please either side?

I'm honestly not sure who'd demand more. I actually think Wiz would want more than just Simmons. Would Sixers agree to Simmons + Maxey + #28 for Beal?

They wouldn't even blink and say yes. That is a great deal, better than anything else they could get.

Jasper
07-29-2021, 07:46 PM
And for the 76ers it doesn't make a great deal of sense either on its own.

It would obviously be something that Morey would be using for a further trade of most likely Tobias Harris, with those picks I assume.

They wouldn't even blink and say yes. That is a great deal, better than anything else they could get.

6'ers should never blow up the whole team because of Simmons... Even a 2nd grade PF that can score and a SG that could play
defense would be a far better fit ../ but contracts are always going to be a issue.
If Beal could be had , it would be the biggest deal in 5 years. no pun intended ..

TAZORAC
07-29-2021, 10:51 PM
Draymond Green and Oubre for Simmons
Zach Lavine for Simmons