PDA

View Full Version : What if players are the ones who call fouls?

iamgine
07-29-2021, 12:32 AM
What if the refs don't call fouls but the players themselves do? For example, player A calls a foul. The other team can challenge the foul within 3 seconds. If they don't challenge then the game continues as usual (free throws or throw in). If they challenge then the refs steps in and determine who the correct one is either live or through reviews. The correct one will be awarded 1 point and game continues as usual (free throws or throw in).

Fouls have to be called within reasonable time (~1 sec) and it has to be reasonably specific. If an opponent elbowed your chest, you can't say he kicked me or he traveled. Refs will determine if a foul is flagrant or not but the players have to call it.

In the short term it might be chaos as players adapt but how do you think this would change the NBA in the long run? I think it might be fun to see this kind of system implemented.

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2021, 12:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSudkID3zJM

FultzNationRISE
07-29-2021, 12:45 AM
It’s a no from me dawg

Chest Rockwell
07-29-2021, 01:09 AM
What if the refs don't call fouls but the players themselves do? For example, player A calls a foul. The other team can challenge the foul within 3 seconds. If they don't challenge then the game continues as usual (free throws or throw in). If they challenge then the refs steps in and determine who the correct one is either live or through reviews. The correct one will be awarded 1 point and game continues as usual (free throws or throw in).

Fouls have to be called within reasonable time (~1 sec) and it has to be reasonably specific. If an opponent elbowed your chest, you can't say he kicked me or he traveled. Refs will determine if a foul is flagrant or not but the players have to call it.

In the short term it might be chaos as players adapt but how do you think this would change the NBA in the long run? I think it might be fun to see this kind of system implemented.

That’s the dumbest fu€king idea I’ve ever heard.

outofstomach
07-29-2021, 01:41 AM
no surprise it’s a trump avi with an absolutely braindead idea

Bawkish
07-29-2021, 01:53 AM
just watch playground ball

bison
07-29-2021, 04:58 PM
yes. also winners take out, and do or die for first possession. first to 11 wins.

MrFonzworth
07-29-2021, 04:59 PM
:roll:

72-10
07-29-2021, 06:37 PM
Are you trying to imply something about a particular player?

If they're fouled on a three-point shot, will they be awarded two, or three, free throws? Will breakaway fouls automatically be awarded free throws? What about away from thet ball fouls?

Jasper
07-29-2021, 07:20 PM
Iamgine --- a game lasting as long as a baseball game ...

fans asleep or bragging they got their moneys worth..