PDA

View Full Version : Lakers close to landing deal for Westbrook

Marchesk
07-29-2021, 04:45 AM
Can you imagine the hate for a Westbrook/Lebron/AD super team?

Westbrook and Lebron seems like a weird fit, as they're both ball dominant with Russ being very strong-headed. Plus Lebron is all about making the right basketball play. Westbrook sees things a little different. But everyone thought that about the Rockets adding Westbrook to their backcourt with Harden.

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-trade-rumors/nba-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-are-close-to-landing-russell-westbrook-in-blockbuster-trade

RRR3
07-29-2021, 04:50 AM
I’m truly astounded as to how bad of a GM Pelinka is. WB is completely washed and redundant with LeBron anyways.

JohnMax
07-29-2021, 04:58 AM
NBA is turning into who is going to help Lebron league

3ba11
07-29-2021, 04:59 AM

It's been that way since 2011... imagine if KD had let Lebron have the only super-teams in the league.. it would've been completely unfair.. poor curry would've been losing to him and kyrie every year

RRR3
07-29-2021, 05:00 AM
Westbrook wouldn’t help LeBron.

3ba11
07-29-2021, 05:01 AM

their options are limited.. so westbrook sounds kind of good to them.. all they know is that lebron needs moar help again

LAL
07-29-2021, 05:02 AM

Wouldn't help his stats, you can say it.

coastalmarker99
07-29-2021, 05:03 AM
As a Lakers fan, we are ****ed if we trade for that stat-padding chucker.

Westbrook is objectively a net negative in the playoffs. Which is where we should judge players the most.

The guy barely scores more points than shots taken, is hard-headed and averages a sub 50 TS% for his whole career.

Xiao Yao You
07-29-2021, 05:05 AM
cool. **** the Lakers! :roll:

RRR3
07-29-2021, 05:06 AM
Wouldn't help his stats, you can say it.
No he literally wouldn’t help him. WB is done. This isn’t 2016.

coastalmarker99
07-29-2021, 05:06 AM
Russell has somehow gotten worse every year in the playoffs. And is now good to play through injury for like half the season(which he sucks at).

The guy averaged like 19 on 17 shots on 33/25/80 shooting splits…just mind-boggling inefficiency.

All the evidence we have recently of him points to a severe decline in scoring ability but with the same frightening inefficiency.

LAL
07-29-2021, 05:18 AM

I know, wb and lebron's unnatural bbal style looks awful compared to these quicker, more skillful ball players now that they're older. Now teaming up + as much a stat padder as lebron... going to be interesting but i feel bad for wb for having to deal with you guys. Glad Rondo atleast shut y'all up carrying lebron after trashing him all season.

RRR3
07-29-2021, 05:25 AM
Rondo carrying LeBron Lmaoooo. Feel free to join the rest of us in reality one day.

Lebron23
07-29-2021, 05:40 AM
Rondo carrying LeBron Lmaoooo. Feel free to join the rest of us in reality one day.

That guy had a huge meltdown after the Lakers won the championship last year.

RRR3
07-29-2021, 05:42 AM
He sure did. LeBron has him wound up super tight.

HylianNightmare
07-29-2021, 05:46 AM
Don't believe it'll happen but I would be pumped to watch the implosion

Phoenix
07-29-2021, 05:48 AM
Jesus they're still trying this? Westbrook is a HORRIBLE fit in this situation.

Lebron23
07-29-2021, 05:48 AM
Don't believe it'll happen but I would be pumped to watch the implosion

Shut up Pikachu

07-29-2021, 05:49 AM
They need to trade AD for him

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2021, 05:52 AM
Jesus they're still trying this? Westbrook is a HORRIBLE fit in this situation.
I can't think of a legit contender that Westbrook wouldn't be a horrible fit on :lol At this point in his career he should just go to the Knicks and put up monster numbers in the garden

coin24
07-29-2021, 05:53 AM
Are they trading lebron for Westbrook? If not then why?

Spurs m8
07-29-2021, 06:07 AM
The entitled little b1tch works harder off court, than on court - to achieve success hahahahhahaha

It's always been that way with him

Manny98
07-29-2021, 06:52 AM
LeBron forming another superteam?

Pathetic

coastalmarker99
07-29-2021, 06:54 AM
LeBron forming another superteam?

Pathetic

This Lakers team with Russell is not a super team.

Manny98
07-29-2021, 06:56 AM
This Lakers team with Russell is not a super team.
AD, LeBron and Westbrook is not a superteam?

https://media.giphy.com/media/KbOpwqSuMLQ7S/giphy.gif

coastalmarker99
07-29-2021, 06:58 AM

Lebron will be 37 and Russell is a terrible player plus AD is injury prone.

Phoenix
07-29-2021, 07:26 AM
I can't think of a legit contender that Westbrook wouldn't be a horrible fit on :lol At this point in his career he should just go to the Knicks and put up monster numbers in the garden

That's true, I thought of that after I wrote it. Exactly 'who' would he be a good fit for? Some struggling team with no shot otherwise at playoff contention where he can do the triple double thing for a couple more years, maaaaaaaybe get them to the 8th seed and then gets bounced round one.

Kblaze8855
07-29-2021, 07:46 AM

2021 Westbrook….as the only Westbrook….still a first ballot hall of famer. Comfortably. But you can only be the best or terrible these days and 18 seconds worth of shooting numbers in 40 minutes of basketball is as deep as anyone wants to look so it is what it is I guess.

Manny98
07-29-2021, 07:47 AM
Lebron will be 37 and Russell is a terrible player plus AD is injury prone.
LeBron is still a top 3 player in the NBA

A healthy AD is the best big man in basketball and a MVP caliber player

Westbrook averages triple doubles in his sleep is still a elite player

I'm not sold on the fit between Westbrook and Lebron but on paper it's a superteam.

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2021, 08:01 AM
2021 Westbrook….as the only Westbrook….still a first ballot hall of famer. Comfortably. But you can only be the best or terrible these days and 18 seconds worth of shooting numbers in 40 minutes of basketball is as deep as anyone wants to look so it is what it is I guess.
What current contender do you think Westbrook would be a legitimate asset to? Which top 10 team in the league picks up Westbrook and improves with him in the lineup?

Axe
07-29-2021, 08:05 AM
Shut up Pikachu
Lol

Kblaze8855
07-29-2021, 08:46 AM
It appears the Lakers believe they do not that such assumptions mean much. Contenders are contenders for a reason. They are already good. They play a way that has been shown to work. Swapping out someone who would likely change how they play could easily **** up chemistry and definitely change the approach and system that made them contenders in the first place.

Fans these days have such a weird idea of what good is. Probably warped by the media driven “championship or nothing” line of thinking. Go look at the last 8 teams standing. Which ones….if healthy….would start say….Minnesota or Clippers era Sam Cassell?

1? Maaaaaybe2? The Clippers would play him a good bit. The Nuggets could have Jamal off ball and play smaller. The Hawks can’t afford both he and Young on the floor on defense. Bucks want Holiday for defense. Same for Utah with Conley. He isn’t going over Paul, the 76ers wouldn’t give up Simmons defense, Kyrie and Harden are obviously too good.

Sam Cassell would get a hard look as a starter from 2 contenders. 3 tops. Only a no brainer starter on 1 and he’d get benched for defensive reasons in key moments even then. That mean he wasn’t a really good player?

Of course not. “Would the most well built and most talented teams break up their lineup for you” is absolutely not a reasonable standard to apply to determine if someone is good or not.

A lot of all timers wouldn’t fit on teams already assembled and in many cases stacked with well fitting talent. Alex English would only be an automatic starter on a couple current contenders because of their play style and lineups. Doesn’t mean “Which contenders need him in their lineup” is a reasonable way to judge his ability to play basketball.

Most of the nba are not contenders….many(probably most) legends would not fit seamlessly onto contenders that are already built. “Would ____ win a title on ____.” is not an evaluation of a player. It’s a first take segment.

Wally450
07-29-2021, 09:12 AM
I’m truly astounded as to how bad of a GM Pelinka is. WB is completely washed and redundant with LeBron anyways.

You said the same about Rondo and they won a championship together.

tontoz
07-29-2021, 09:17 AM
It was a strange season for Russ. Awful first half (apparently playing through an injury) then good second half. Then garbage in the playoffs. Didnt look like the same guy in the playoffs.

By the end of the regular season some Wizards fans (not me) were saying Russ was more valuable than Beal. I wasn't going that far but it was clear that Russ was the engine that drove their late season run.

StrongLurk
07-29-2021, 09:37 AM
:roll:

nineiron
07-29-2021, 09:40 AM

wow the excuse train is coming early this year.

and we all know who the real GM is

ArbitraryWater
07-29-2021, 09:44 AM
It was a strange season for Russ. Awful first half (apparently playing through an injury) then good second half. Then garbage in the playoffs. Didnt look like the same guy in the playoffs.

By the end of the regular season some Wizards fans (not me) were saying Russ was more valuable than Beal. I wasn't going that far but it was clear that Russ was the engine that drove their late season run.

Yea Russ is far from done.

Its the same idiots really.

None the less its a questionable fit.

ImKobe
07-29-2021, 10:00 AM
The one positive is that Lebron can play off-ball but I don't see how the trio fits well together offensively, AD has to become a spot-up 3PT shooter like Chris Bosh as this would basically be a Heatles 2.0 scenario with Lebron playing closer to the basket, which is good for him & his longevity but not so great for AD. It's an upgrade but it only works if the Lakers can add some 3-Point shooters in FA.

Airupthere
07-29-2021, 10:00 AM
Lol, another superteam for Lebron. :oldlol: I am not surprised at this point.

nineiron
07-29-2021, 10:08 AM
LeBald probably wants Westbrook so if they do win he can say "i got a ring for a perennial loser"

if they lose, he can easily blame it on Westbrook.

Shogon
07-29-2021, 10:23 AM
I personally think that's a stupid group to put together for obvious reasons, but I could be wrong af... I've been wrong af before and I'll be wrong af again.

rawimpact
07-29-2021, 10:23 AM
Would love to see him back in socal. I watched him at UCLA and he was crazy explosive.

nineiron
07-29-2021, 10:27 AM
I personally think that's a stupid group to put together for obvious reasons, but I could be wrong af... I've been wrong af before and I'll be wrong af again.

story of your life i'm sure

Shogon
07-29-2021, 10:31 AM
story of your life i'm sure

No, it's just called growing up and realizing that you don't always get everything right and foresee how things are going to play out.

I'm right a ****load more than I am not, unlike yourself, you miserable prick.

RRR3
07-29-2021, 10:34 AM
He wasn’t even an all-star this year

Xiao Yao You
07-29-2021, 10:35 AM

No. Lebron has been injured the past 3 years. He's not going to get younger. Davis has always been hurt and Westbrook sucks

Shogon
07-29-2021, 10:39 AM

If they were all at their peaks, no question, obviously. Now? It's debatable. So they'd be the only superteam in the West, right? Which means they're guaranteed to win the West, right? 100% guaranteed, barring injuries. Superteam, right? Heh. It's not so clear.

LeBron old af, Westbrook is past it, they're not complimentary, and AD is injury prone.

LAL
07-29-2021, 10:43 AM

I'm going to create a 'space jame 2' topic if you don't stfu.

nineiron
07-29-2021, 10:50 AM
No, it's just called growing up and realizing that you don't always get everything right and foresee how things are going to play out.

I'm right a ****load more than I am not, unlike yourself, you miserable prick.

you mad?

FultzNationRISE
07-29-2021, 11:04 AM
LeBald probably wants Westbrook so if they do win he can say "i got a ring for a perennial loser"

if they lose, he can easily blame it on Westbrook.

Bro you need to stop saying shit like ‘LeBald’ and square the **** up and fight me.

nineiron
07-29-2021, 11:07 AM
Bro you need to stop saying shit like ‘LeBald’ and square the **** up and fight me.

ok. next time i visit the mcdonalds you work at, it's on.

FultzNationRISE
07-29-2021, 11:08 AM
ok. next time i visit the mcdonalds you work at, it's on.

DEAL. :mad:

HoopsNY
07-29-2021, 11:25 AM
If they were all at their peaks, no question, obviously. Now? It's debatable. So they'd be the only superteam in the West, right? Which means they're guaranteed to win the West, right? 100% guaranteed, barring injuries. Superteam, right? Heh. It's not so clear.

LeBron old af, Westbrook is past it, they're not complimentary, and AD is injury prone.

KD came of an achilles injury, Kyrie is injured almost every single year, and Harden a playoff loser just as much as Westbrook is who also melts down in big moments (not to mention injury woes in 2021). But everyone classified Brooklyn as a super-team.

Gudo
07-29-2021, 11:28 AM
It is a forgone conclusion that the Lakers will need to stack up yet again.

Shogon
07-29-2021, 11:33 AM
KD came of an achilles injury, Kyrie is injured almost every single year, and Harden a playoff loser just as much as Westbrook is who also melts down in big moments (not to mention injury woes in 2021). But everyone classified Brooklyn as a super-team.

KD's achilles was a big question mark, I'll give you that... but all three of those guys all in their primes, two of them are top 10 players and the third is arguably a top 10 player. Two of them are in the top 5. Durant and Harden.

Whereas with the Lakers, should they acquire Westbrook, they only have 1 definitive top 10 player and his name is Anthony Davis... heading into the season. So it's not really a fair comparison.

GrayGoat
07-29-2021, 11:34 AM
Winning with Westbrook would be a huge accomplishment

HoopsNY
07-29-2021, 11:35 AM
KD's achilles was a big question mark, I'll give you that... but all three of those guys all in their primes, two of them are top 10 players and the third is arguably a top 10 player. Two of them are in the top 5. Durant and Harden.

Whereas with the Lakers, should they acquire Westbrook, they only have 1 definitive top 10 player and his name is Anthony Davis... heading into the season. So it's not really a fair comparison.

LeBron is still very much a top 10 player. So LA has two top 10 players. Westbrook is a triple double threat every night. He just needs to fit into the Bron system.

This doesn't even account for LA's other pieces. All they need is to stay healthy and have team chemistry. Just because they're not the same super-team doesn't mean that they aren't a super-team.

Airupthere
07-29-2021, 11:37 AM
So how does the statpadding hierarchy here go?

ShawkFactory
07-29-2021, 11:41 AM
LeBron is still very much a top 10 player. So LA has two top 10 players. Westbrook is a triple double threat every night. He just needs to fit into the Bron system.

This doesn't even account for LA's other pieces. All they need is to stay healthy and have team chemistry. Just because they're not the same super-team doesn't mean that they aren't a super-team.

Bron will likely do what he did the last couple years in Miami and back off from some of the ball-handling. Since they have Davis he won't be able to go into the post with the same frequency as he did in Miami, but I'd guess he's used as a screen man and spot shooter significantly more.

ralph_i_el
07-29-2021, 11:45 AM
Hahahahahahahahahah

This is like the neighbor you hate trying to steal your wife that you also hate.

Shogon
07-29-2021, 11:46 AM

LeBron is not "still very much" a top 10 player. He's probably still top 10 but he's hanging by a thread. And he will still, even at his age, have stretches where he is the best player in the world... because he's LeBron James. Hell he may even have a playoff series where he looks that way. But overall? He won't sustain that for an entire season + entire playoffs. It just won't happen. That time is behind him. Age kills, bruh. He is not the best anymore. He's close, but he's not there.

Guys I would take in the 2022 season over LeBron? Harden(whom I hate), Doncic, Leonard, Davis, Jokic, Durant, Antetokounmpo, Curry. Arguments can be made for Embiid and Lillard, though I personally would rather have LBJ. And Irving is right there also, whom I also hate, but his defense is such shit... nm... take Irving off.

So it's not so clear cut that he's still top 10.

nineiron
07-29-2021, 11:54 AM
LeBron is not "still very much" a top 10 player. He's probably still top 10 but he's hanging by a thread. And he will still, even at his age, have stretches where he is the best player in the world... because he's LeBron James. Hell he may even have a playoff series where he looks that way. But overall? He won't sustain that for an entire season + entire playoffs. It just won't happen. That time is behind him. Age kills, bruh. He is not the best anymore. He's close, but he's not there.

Guys I would take in the 2022 season over LeBron? Harden(whom I hate), Doncic, Leonard, Davis, Jokic, Durant, Antetokounmpo, Curry. Arguments can be made for Embiid and Lillard, though I personally would rather have LBJ. And Irving is right there also, whom I also hate, but his defense is such shit... nm... take Irving off.

So it's not so clear cut that he's still top 10.

15 players that are better than LeBald right now:

1. KD
2. AD
3. Giannis
4. Kawhi
5. Jokic
6. Luka
7. Harden
8. Lillard
9. Kyrie
10. Booker
11. Curry
12. Klay
13. Tatum
14. Trae
15. Embiid

bison
07-29-2021, 11:57 AM

It's a bogus report by a no name journalist so :no: Also how is Pelinka a bad GM? Landed AD and surrounded him and bron with championship caliber veterans to win the chip in his second year as GM. Then re-upped with schroeder, trezz and wes matthews which at the time were really good acquisitions keeping lakers number #1 until injuries changed everything (which you can hardly blame pelinka on). The more realistic acquisition this summer would be buddy hield which would be a great addition.

bison
07-29-2021, 11:58 AM
Westbrook can help LeBron with ball handling and playmaking. Together and for long stretches, idk if they're playable though. The Lakers need shooting and youth. They're a "superteam" on paper but I'm not big on the fit.

i can't think of a worse fit for the lakers right now then westbrook.

Shogon
07-29-2021, 11:58 AM

1. KD
2. AD
3. Giannis
4. Kawhi
5. Jokic
6. Luka
7. Harden
8. Lillard
9. Kyrie
10. Booker
11. Curry
12. Klay
13. Tatum
14. Trae
15. Embiid

Your post should be bannable. Welcome to the graveyard.

dreamshake
07-29-2021, 12:04 PM
I can’t think of a better fit for the Lakers than Westbrook. UCLA Bruin. Another playmaker. Another guy who plays 100% every night. Great rebounder. Great in transition. It’s a no brainer.

nineiron
07-29-2021, 12:05 PM
Your post should be bannable. Welcome to the graveyard.

truth hurts huh?

imdaman99
07-29-2021, 12:15 PM
Westbrook sucks

Washedbrook was a major part in sweeping the Jazz this past season.... when they just had their best regular season in years :lol

Anyways I'm not high on washed Russ trying to help the Lakers win another ring... but if he gets a ring I guess I can be happy for him.

Charlie Sheen
07-29-2021, 12:19 PM
As a Lakers fan, we are ****ed if we trade for that stat-padding chucker.

Westbrook is objectively a net negative in the playoffs. Which is where we should judge players the most.

The guy barely scores more points than shots taken, is hard-headed and averages a sub 50 TS% for his whole career.

Net negative is such an exaggeration. Swap Westbrook with THT last season, and the Lakers are better while the Wiizards are worse.

G0ATbe
07-29-2021, 12:20 PM
I dont believe for a second lakers have even thought about getting westbrick. Awful fit, cant shoot 3s, cant even shoot freethrows anymore. Just makes no sense.

And1AllDay
07-29-2021, 12:23 PM

1. KD
2. AD
3. Giannis
4. Kawhi
5. Jokic
6. Luka
7. Harden
8. Lillard
9. Kyrie
10. Booker
11. Curry
12. Klay
13. Tatum
14. Trae
15. Embiid

lehardest road

against all odds, just a kid from akron

bladefd
07-29-2021, 12:32 PM

They are only doing it for "star power", but it will not work. Unfortunately, I see it backfiring.. Only possible way it can work is if Lakers also get Buddy Hield, AD plays more 5, and they can keep kcp as the 5th shooter on the floor. You would need 2 good 3pt shooters out there at all times and AD ripping it up in the paint & LeBron posting up more to keep the inside-outside balance. I don't see it succeeding ultimately.

Xiao Yao You
07-29-2021, 12:34 PM
Washedbrook was a major part in sweeping the Jazz this past season.... when they just had their best regular season in years :lol

Anyways I'm not high on washed Russ trying to help the Lakers win another ring... but if he gets a ring I guess I can be happy for him.

he was also a big reason why the Jazz upset OKC in the playoffs

bladefd
07-29-2021, 12:39 PM

You don't think LeBron is top 10 anymore? :facepalm

Smoke117
07-29-2021, 12:39 PM
Westbrick is ass now.

imdaman99
07-29-2021, 12:40 PM
he was also a big reason why the Jazz upset OKC in the playoffs

So was Melo and Playoff P, what's your point? Basketball is a team game and coaching matters as well.

imdaman99
07-29-2021, 12:41 PM
Westbrick is ass now.

So he wasn't always ass? That's as much praise that we ever get out of smoke :bowdown:

Jasper
07-29-2021, 12:54 PM

lmao ...

Please remember Bron is in his twilight years , and Westbrook will take pressure off of him...
Maybe Bron can play a little matador defense for the lokers...

LAL
07-29-2021, 12:57 PM
So how does the statpadding hierarchy here go?

LOL that's what everybody's wondering.

Xiao Yao You
07-29-2021, 12:58 PM
So was Melo and Playoff P, what's your point? Basketball is a team game and coaching matters as well.

my point is that Westbrook sucks

imdaman99
07-29-2021, 01:16 PM
my point is that Westbrook sucks

You're a Utah fan, Westbrook has his share of haters in that state. Current Westbrook is not that good I agree, but he was a great player once upon a time which I have a hard time imagining you admitting to. You are on team kill Donovan Mitchell so you have some deep hatred for chuckers :lol I get it.

Kblaze8855
07-29-2021, 02:04 PM
He wasn’t even an all-star this year

He put up 24/13/13 after the all star break to turn them around. As I said….if that’s the standard his whole career he’s a first ballot hall of famer. No question 100% of the vote hall of famer. Absolutely none of the people ISH say suck….do. Every single time it’s ridiculous.

bullettooth
07-29-2021, 02:09 PM

Been like that since 2011....

Gudo
07-29-2021, 02:11 PM

This. Then lebron highjacks the fmvp.

BlakFrankWhite
07-29-2021, 02:24 PM
Hahahahahahahahahah

This is like the neighbor you hate trying to steal your wife that you also hate.

Come on man, you're one of the best posters on this forum but don't say shit like that about my boy Russ.

BlakFrankWhite
07-29-2021, 02:26 PM

Russ gets a ring and puts up decent numbers. Top 5 all time PG

RRR3
07-29-2021, 02:28 PM
He put up 24/13/13 after the all star break to turn them around. As I said….if that’s the standard his whole career he’s a first ballot hall of famer. No question 100% of the vote hall of famer. Absolutely none of the people ISH say suck….do. Every single time it’s ridiculous.
How you play all season matters and he was hideously bad in the first half. And the playoffs. Having a hot streak doesn’t make you a HOFer (obviously Russ is a first ballot HOFer and one of the best PGs of all time btw, I’m just saying he’s washed up. His efficiency is hideously bad now, it was ok in his prime).

BlakFrankWhite
07-29-2021, 02:29 PM
lmao ...

Please remember Bron is in his twilight years , and Westbrook will take pressure off of him...
Maybe Bron can play a little matador defense for the lokers...

Exactly, Bron's usage and minutes could go down with Russ sharing primary ball handling duties (no h***). This would be a very wise move on part of Lakers.

BlakFrankWhite
07-29-2021, 02:32 PM
How you play all season matters and he was hideously bad in the first half. And the playoffs. Having a hot streak doesn’t make you a HOFer (obviously Russ is a first ballot HOFer and one of the best PGs of all time btw, I’m just saying he’s washed up. His efficiency is hideously bad now, it was ok in his prime).

He was pretty good with the Rockets. Averaged 27 ppg on 47% fg because Harden was sharing ball handling load (no h***). Coaching and teammates matter. He'll do great with the Lakers.

StrongLurk
07-29-2021, 02:33 PM
It's amazing how the Lakers are doing their best to avoid getting shooters these last few years.

A guy like Buddy Hield would be better for the Lakers than Westbrook. Hell even basic ass role players like Wayne Ellington would be better for the Lakers...they don't need more players who take the ball out of Lebron's/AD's hands.

They need players who can bring elite shooting or elite rim protection, that's it.

tontoz
07-29-2021, 02:35 PM
Russ was playing hurt early on. He actually had a couple of dunks blocked by......the rim. He had some type of quad injury and would typically take a game off, play 2 or 3 games, then take a game or two off and so on.

In the second half of the season he wasn't taking any games off and was playing like maniac in terms of effort. There were some games they won solely due to the force of his will. They would be playing like crap and he would start yelling at guys running around like a crazy person and the tide would turn. His negative plays were still a thing but were outweighed by the positives.

Russ would definitely help them in the regular season. in the playoffs it will be up to Lebron and AD to step up. He really seems to have a mental issue with the playoffs.

Jay-B
07-29-2021, 02:45 PM
Westbrook would actually be good for the Lakers but I don’t consider a Lakers fan website a credible source.

Kblaze8855
07-29-2021, 02:54 PM

You think a 22/12/12 player over the course of a career wouldn’t make the hall of fame? Tell me I have that right. That you actually believe that. I really don’t think you do. I think this is the usual ish exaggeration that people get too far into and then can’t just say “Well I didn’t really mean….”.

If this is normal Westbrook he’d be the all time leader in assists per game, score 20k, and have more career rebounds than most hall of fame bigs. You think barely making the playoffs would stop his legend status? Pistol Pete didn’t win a playoff series as a starter. Neither did Tmac….or quite a few legends you just don’t hear about. People just kinda assume legends did more than they did.

2021 Russ as a career standard would be ahead of some of the 96 top 50. He had a normal all star season regardless of the actual game. He’d be a bet your life safe pick for the hall.

RRR3
07-29-2021, 03:04 PM
It's amazing how the Lakers are doing their best to avoid getting shooters these last few years.

A guy like Buddy Hield would be better for the Lakers than Westbrook. Hell even basic ass role players like Wayne Ellington would be better for the Lakers...they don't need more players who take the ball out of Lebron's/AD's hands.

They need players who can bring elite shooting or elite rim protection, that's it.
Pelinka is actually retarded.

ImKobe
07-29-2021, 03:05 PM
Russ was playing hurt early on. He actually had a couple of dunks blocked by......the rim. He had some type of quad injury and would typically take a game off, play 2 or 3 games, then take a game or two off and so on.

In the second half of the season he wasn't taking any games off and was playing like maniac in terms of effort. There were some games they won solely due to the force of his will. They would be playing like crap and he would start yelling at guys running around like a crazy person and the tide would turn. His negative plays were still a thing but were outweighed by the positives.

Russ would definitely help them in the regular season. in the playoffs it will be up to Lebron and AD to step up. He really seems to have a mental issue with the playoffs.

24/13/13 44.7%FG/52.5%TS post-ASB, not the worst efficiency considering how bad it can be with Russ. He'd be about average in efficiency if he could shoot 80+% from the FT line like he did the majority of his career, he went from 84.5% his MVP season to shooting 65-76% from the line in the seasons after it.

bizil
07-29-2021, 03:08 PM
I just think Bron-AD-Russ would be SO DOMINANT that it would supercede the minuses of Russ joining them. Russ in his prime has NEVER been the third best player on a team! If a prime Russ is your team's THIRD BEST PLAYER, that means your team is a title contender. Russ has started to become CRAZY UNDERRATED!

From there, he's NEVER played with a pass first player who can also DOMINATE a game scoring like Bron. He's NEVER played with a superstar PF like AD. Russ has ALWAYS been with score first type players who were highly skilled. I'm talking KD, Beal, Harden, and PG.

But when has Russ played with a guy who ACTUALLY makes his life easier scoring the rock ON THE LEVEL that Bron can? We are talking the best passing forward (along with Bird) of all time. And AD skill for skill is AS GOOD as any PF to ever play. So for me, this is a case where Russ would FRANKLY have no choice but to thrive with the Lakers.

RRR3
07-29-2021, 03:10 PM
24/13/13 44.7%FG/52.5%TS post-ASB, not the worst efficiency considering how bad it can be with Russ. He'd be about average in efficiency if he could shoot 80+% from the FT line like he did the majority of his career, he went from 84.5% his MVP season to shooting 65-76% from the line in the seasons after it.
Yeah but the thing is he needs to shoot FTs well to be an effective scorer. WB forgetting how to shoot FTs prematurely ended his prime. Imagine how inefficient Harden would be if he suddenly became bad at FTs. Also he’s about to be 33 he could fall off a cliff any second with all his injuries and mileage.

MadDog
07-29-2021, 03:11 PM
You think a 22/12/12 player over the course of a career wouldn’t make the hall of fame? Tell me I have that right. That you actually believe that. I really don’t think you do. I think this is the usual ish exaggeration that people get too far into and then can’t just say “Well I didn’t really mean….”.

If this is normal Westbrook he’d be the all time leader in assists per game, score 20k, and have more career rebounds than most hall of fame bigs. You think barely making the playoffs would stop his legend status? Pistol Pete didn’t win a playoff series as a starter. Neither did Tmac….or quite a few legends you just don’t hear about. People just kinda assume legends did more than they did.

2021 Russ as a career standard would be ahead of some of the 96 top 50. He had a normal all star season regardless of the actual game. He’d be a bet your life safe pick for the hall.

LeBron fans are gonna downplay his teammates no matter what, but how do you think they fit? :confusedshrug: Are LeBron/Westbrook/AD the best trio?

tontoz
07-29-2021, 03:13 PM
The negative plays from Russ are obviously too many jumpers and turnovers, typically from trying to be too aggressive with his passes. My impression is that our coach didn't have the backbone to get on Russ when he forces the issue. Maybe Lebron could.

Xiao Yao You
07-29-2021, 03:16 PM
You're a Utah fan, Westbrook has his share of haters in that state. Current Westbrook is not that good I agree, but he was a great player once upon a time which I have a hard time imagining you admitting to. You are on team kill Donovan Mitchell so you have some deep hatred for chuckers :lol I get it.

wouldn't matter where I was from. Not a fan of his game

ImKobe
07-29-2021, 03:17 PM
Yeah but the thing is he needs to shoot FTs well to be an effective scorer. WB forgetting how to shoot FTs prematurely ended his prime. Imagine how inefficient Harden would be if he suddenly became bad at FTs. Also he’s about to be 33 he could fall off a cliff any second with all his injuries and mileage.

Pretty much. Also, he's incredibly turnover-prone and I would never trust him with the ball in his hands in the last 5 minutes of a close Playoff game due to his chucking tendencies, so there are a ton of negatives here. It's basically like when Kobe came back from his achilles injury and could no longer make shots from deep but kept taking them. Obviously the Heatles comparison I made isn't a 100% accurate as he's nowhere near as disciplined or as good defensively as Wade. The only way Russ becomes efficient is if he stops shooting 3s, but he's almost forced to shoot at least 2-3 a game in today's NBA for the defense to respect him. I think he can still be a 24/8/8 48-50%FG type player next to Lebron & Davis, but I'd rather have more 3&D players and a different/cheaper PG than Russ.

nineiron
07-29-2021, 03:30 PM
The negative plays from Russ are obviously too many jumpers and turnovers, typically from trying to be too aggressive with his passes. My impression is that our coach didn't have the backbone to get on Russ when he forces the issue. Maybe Lebron could.

LeCoward has no backbone. you'll never see him step up to defend himself or a team mate. unless it's against a guy the size of JJ Barea.

tontoz
07-29-2021, 03:32 PM
LeCoward has no backbone. you'll never see him step up to defend himself or a team mate. unless it's against a guy the size of JJ Barea.

I never thought anyone could be as obsessed with Lebron as 3ball but you are getting close to that level.

And1AllDay
07-29-2021, 03:45 PM

mike retired/quit 3 times :oldlol: foh bish :oldlol:

Phoenix
07-29-2021, 04:05 PM
LeBron fans are gonna downplay his teammates no matter what, but how do you think they fit? :confusedshrug: Are LeBron/Westbrook/AD the best trio?

I really don't think so. We're having different conversations. Is Westbrook good( still) in general and is he right for a Lebron-led Lakers? He's not the right fit for Lebron. If he can produce another Westbrook season( meaning the second half of what he did last year) for a team that won 30 games last year? He would push that team into the playoffs but wouldnt cause any damage.

But for Lebron? You need a shooter, someone who can go off-ball, and someone who can hit clutch free throws to make up for Lebron. You can't have your two primary ball-handlers at the end of a game and neither can hit 70% at the line. I don't know what happened to Russ because he was an 80% guy till like 4 years ago, 3 of the last 4 seasons he hasn't hit 70%. Steph would be perfect playing off Bron and ticks all the boxes Westbrook doesn't.

nineiron
07-29-2021, 04:26 PM
I never thought anyone could be as obsessed with Lebron as 3ball but you are getting close to that level.

if there were no retarded bran stans like you licking his balls every post, you would hear nothing about that balding, colluding, flopping, stiff-arming b1tch from me.

tontoz
07-29-2021, 04:36 PM
if there were no retarded bran stans like you licking his balls every post, you would hear nothing about that balding, colluding, flopping, stiff-arming b1tch from me.

You are really reaching i have posted a bunch of pictures trolling Lebron stans. Ive got pictures of him flopping, crab dribbling and running in fear from Jordan's shadow (see the Space Jam 2 thread). I spend too much time arguing with Lebron stans.

The fact that you call me a Lebron stan shows how out of touch with reality you are.

(just today see pg 2 of the simone biles quit thread)

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2021, 04:39 PM
You are really reaching i have posted a bunch of pictures trolling Lebron stans. Ive got pictures of him flopping, crab dribbling and running in fear from Jordan's shadow (see the Space Jam 2 thread). I spend too much time arguing with Lebron stans.

The fact that you call me a Lebron stan shows how out of touch with reality you are.
Bruh, why would you possibly care what that blabbering retard thinks :oldlol:

tontoz
07-29-2021, 04:44 PM

Some insults i just won't stand for. :oldlol:

nineiron
07-29-2021, 04:45 PM

don't worry, no one cares what you think

RRR3
07-29-2021, 04:47 PM
Some insults i just won't stand for. :oldlol:
You think LeBron is good at basketball=LeBron stan to him.

MadDog
07-29-2021, 05:09 PM
I really don't think so. We're having different conversations. Is Westbrook good( still) in general and is he right for a Lebron-led Lakers? He's not the right fit for Lebron. If he can produce another Westbrook season( meaning the second half of what he did last year) for a team that won 30 games last year? He would push that team into the playoffs but wouldnt cause any damage.

But for Lebron? You need a shooter, someone who can go off-ball, and someone who can hit clutch free throws to make up for Lebron. You can't have your two primary ball-handlers at the end of a game and neither can hit 70% at the line. I don't know what happened to Russ because he was an 80% guy till like 4 years ago, 3 of the last 4 seasons he hasn't hit 70%. Steph would be perfect playing off Bron and ticks all the boxes Westbrook doesn't.

Right, I actually agree with this. Westbrook helps LeBron with ball handling and playmaking. Together though they seem like an odd fit. Neither player shoots well, and they don't like like playing off the ball. On paper the trio looks great though. Which is why I asked Kblaze where he thought they would stack. He was posting Westbrook lines, and eluding to his HOF status. I don't disagree although I'm not sure the LAKERS is the best fit to showcase all that. Brook will get numbers, but are they conducive with the teams success?

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2021, 05:11 PM
Right, I actually agree with this. Westbrook helps LeBron with ball handling and playmaking. Together though they seem like an odd fit. Neither player shoots well, and they don't like like playing off the ball. On paper the trio looks great though. Which is why I asked Kblaze where he thought they would stack. He was posting Westbrook lines, and eluding to his HOF status. I don't disagree although I'm not sure the Lakers is the best team to showcase all that. He'll gets numbers, but are they conducive with the teams success?
What contender do you think Westbrook would legitimately improve?

DMAVS41
07-29-2021, 05:19 PM
Saw that Harrell opted in...which would make me believe he's on the move in part of a deal with Kuzma and salary.

Interesting.

MadDog
07-29-2021, 05:21 PM

Idk but I think Westbrook would be a nice pickup for Chicago. Lavine can pull without having to pound the rock, and the Bulls have pretty good shooting overall. Looking at the money situation, Chicago can make it happen. Vucevec/Westbrook/Lavine wouldn't be a bad trio at all.

imdaman99
07-29-2021, 05:26 PM

He would help every single contender. He can concentrate on actually trying on defense and move the ball. He never had teammates that play team ball before. He won't hold the ball like he did with the Wiz on a team that has many guys that can create their own shots or catch and shoot. You guys think that he would shoot 20 times on a stacked team at his current age are ridiculous. He would much rather get 15 assists than 30 points nowadays.

tontoz
07-29-2021, 05:37 PM
Saw that Harrell opted in...which would make me believe he's on the move in part of a deal with Kuzma and salary.

Interesting.

Nice call

bizil
07-29-2021, 07:03 PM
When you have Bron-AD-Russ, you FIND GUYS who can do the 3 and D stuff. The Lakers OBVIOUSLY know they need those kinds of guys. BUT when u can form a LEGIT BIG THREE, u gotta do that. Once again, Russ is coming in as the THIRD BEST PLAYER on the Lakers. In terms of talent, OFTEN do you get a former MVP in his prime as the third best player on a team??? Don't get it twisted, Russ is still in the prime of his career. Just came off a triple dub season! And Bron is going to be the best passer Russ has EVER PLAYED WITH! AD is going to be the best PF he's ever played with!

Bron and Wade WASN'T an ideal fit either. But they made it work. PLUS they had a perennial All Star in Bosh would could play PF and C. For me, if Russ could approximate D Wade as much as possible, this will work! Bron is Bron. And AD is better than a great HOFer in Bosh! This is gonna be a case where talent will SUPERCEDE the tricky fit!

bladefd
07-29-2021, 07:30 PM
Pretty much. Also, he's incredibly turnover-prone and I would never trust him with the ball in his hands in the last 5 minutes of a close Playoff game due to his chucking tendencies, so there are a ton of negatives here. It's basically like when Kobe came back from his achilles injury and could no longer make shots from deep but kept taking them. Obviously the Heatles comparison I made isn't a 100% accurate as he's nowhere near as disciplined or as good defensively as Wade. The only way Russ becomes efficient is if he stops shooting 3s, but he's almost forced to shoot at least 2-3 a game in today's NBA for the defense to respect him. I think he can still be a 24/8/8 48-50%FG type player next to Lebron & Davis, but I'd rather have more 3&D players and a different/cheaper PG than Russ.

He doesn't play good defense either. That's half the game that you have to compensate for with defensive schemes.

bladefd
07-29-2021, 07:33 PM

Interesting.

It means the trade is a done deal - we just don't know any specifics

Airupthere
07-29-2021, 07:38 PM
Lol, another superteam

Jasper
07-29-2021, 07:42 PM

doesn't it seem most shooters as mentioned typically fail on defense....
Lakers need defenders as well as strokers.

k0kakw0rld
07-29-2021, 07:44 PM
Shut your crying ass up. You and all of your punk ass friends.

bullettooth
07-29-2021, 07:48 PM
NBA is turning into who is going to help Lebron leagueShut your crying ass up. You and all of your punk ass friends.

https://media.giphy.com/media/IgsXOXGPxfT3O/source.gif

SATAN
07-29-2021, 07:53 PM
don't worry, no one cares what you think

They actually do. He is a good poster. You on the other hand are a worthless piece of shit. **** off.

Gudo
07-29-2021, 07:53 PM

:oldlol: its true though

SaintzFury13
07-29-2021, 08:02 PM
You said the same about Rondo and they won a championship together.

Rondo wasn't the starting point guard...and he plays defense.

SaintzFury13
07-29-2021, 08:04 PM

1. KD
2. AD
3. Giannis
4. Kawhi
5. Jokic
6. Luka
7. Harden
8. Lillard
9. Kyrie
10. Booker
11. Curry
12. Klay
13. Tatum
14. Trae
15. Embiid

In what ****ing world is Kyrie better than LeBron?

RRR3
07-29-2021, 08:06 PM
Booker lmao. Tatum lmao. Klay coming off two season ending injuries lmaoooo. Guy is on crack.

Axe
07-29-2021, 08:49 PM
At being cancer duh

SaintzFury13
07-29-2021, 08:50 PM
Booker lmao. Tatum lmao. Klay coming off two season ending injuries lmaoooo. Guy is on crack.

I mean those guys are at least SOMEWHAT arguable. But Kyrie? The **** does that man do outside of scoring that is elite?

nineiron
07-29-2021, 11:28 PM
I mean those guys are at least SOMEWHAT arguable. But Kyrie? The **** does that man do outside of scoring that is elite?

LeBald doesn't do anything that is elite. unless you count flopping, traveling and stiff arming as skills.

don't buy this "he's the best passer" narrative. i watch the games. his passing is ok, but nothing special. it's his stupid over exaggerated way of making routine passes that the media and casuals get impressed with

ELITEpower23
07-30-2021, 01:10 AM
LeBald doesn't do anything that is elite. unless you count flopping, traveling and stiff arming as skills.

don't buy this "he's the best passer" narrative. i watch the games. his passing is ok, but nothing special. it's his stupid over exaggerated way of making routine passes that the media and casuals get impressed with

Rest easy my child, LeGod is here to wash away your sins.

https://i.postimg.cc/XNKg1mMN/Le-God-s-Plan.png

Phoenix
07-30-2021, 07:24 AM
Bron and Wade WASN'T an ideal fit either. But they made it work. PLUS they had a perennial All Star in Bosh would could play PF and C. For me, if Russ could approximate D Wade as much as possible, this will work! Bron is Bron. And AD is better than a great HOFer in Bosh! This is gonna be a case where talent will SUPERCEDE the tricky fit!

2010 Bron and Wade were better than the current incarnations of Bron and Westbrook, and in 2010 there was less emphasis on spacing and shooting compared to now. They made it work because Wade basically moved off-ball and handed the keys to Lebron to be more of a 1 and 2 instead of 1a/1b( which did them in the first year). With Bron and Wade, they were pretty redundant skillset wise but they were high IQ guys. Westbrook has never been known as a guy who ever learned to slow the game down and attack mentally, he's 100 miles an hour all game, even after 12-13 years in the league. I honestly think he'd drive Bron crazy because Bron is purely cerebral at this stage.

You put 3 superstars in the NBA on one team, you'll win alot of games, including this hypothetical one, but this one is going to be done in by injury( you can't rely on AD, Bron 2 of the past 3 years has missed significant time, and Russ has injury history too). And I just think Bron and Russell aren't going to figure it out. Move Russ off-ball to do what? Between the two you want Bron being the decision maker, but he's almost 37. The train has to pull into the station at some point. Bron should be spending half the game in the post and operate out of there, but that means putting more decision-making with Russ and uhh.. no thanks. If they gonna go for an aging PG see if you can get CP3 for a year( though you can't trust his injury history either).

coastalmarker99
07-30-2021, 07:31 AM
2010 Bron and Wade were better than the current incarnations of Bron and Westbrook, and in 2010 there was less emphasis on spacing and shooting compared to now. They made it work because Wade basically moved off-ball and handed the keys to Lebron to be more of a 1 and 2 instead of 1a/1b( which did them in the first year). With Bron and Wade, they were pretty redundant skillset wise but they were high IQ guys. Westbrook has never been known as a guy who ever learned to slow the game down and attack mentally, he's 100 miles an hour all game, even after 12-13 years in the league. I honestly think he'd drive Bron crazy because Bron is purely cerebral at this stage.

You put 3 superstars in the NBA on one team, you'll win alot of games, including this hypothetical one, but this one is going to be done in by injury( you can't rely on AD, Bron 2 of the past 3 years has missed significant time, and Russ has injury history too). And I just think Bron and Russell aren't going to figure it out. Move Russ off-ball to do what? Between the two you want Bron being the decision maker, but he's almost 37. The train has to pull into the station at some point. Bron should be spending half the game in the post and operate out of there, but that means putting more decision-making with Russ and uhh.. no thanks. If they gonna go for an aging PG see if you can get CP3 for a year( though you can't trust his injury history either).

:applause:

This is a very high IQ post.

If Russell at this stage in his career after countless playoff failures has not learned his lesson about sacrificing his ego and his stats for the betterment of the team then I think he never will.

bizil
07-30-2021, 11:44 AM

For starters I GET ALL OF THAT!!! But my point doesn't change! Elements of what they did in Miami SHOULD be explored to make this work. And the huge TWO POINTS that CAN'T BE DEBATED are Russ has NEVER played with a pass first triple dub threat who is also a great scorer in Bron. Russ has NEVER played with a PF like AD. And he's NEVER been the third best player on a team in his prime. I'm just pointing out THE WAYS this could work.

It's TOO DAMN EASY AND LAZY to point out why it doesn't work! Some trios are SO DOMINANT it can supercede other trios who are MORE SKILLED! I'm in the minority on this one. BUT Bron-AD-Russ will win at least one ring together. IF they stay healthy enough! Once again GOTTA realize Russ has NEVER played with guys like Bron and AD before. They can make his life MORE EASIER to do his thang than KD, Harden, Beal, or PG.

bladefd
07-30-2021, 02:06 PM
For starters I GET ALL OF THAT!!! But my point doesn't change! Elements of what they did in Miami SHOULD be explored to make this work. And the huge TWO POINTS that CAN'T BE DEBATED are Russ has NEVER played with a pass first triple dub threat who is also a great scorer in Bron. Russ has NEVER played with a PF like AD. And he's NEVER been the third best player on a team in his prime. I'm just pointing out THE WAYS this could work.

It's TOO DAMN EASY AND LAZY to point out why it doesn't work! Some trios are SO DOMINANT it can supercede other trios who are MORE SKILLED! I'm in the minority on this one. BUT Bron-AD-Russ will win at least one ring together. IF they stay healthy enough! Once again GOTTA realize Russ has NEVER played with guys like Bron and AD before. They can make his life MORE EASIER to do his thang than KD, Harden, Beal, or PG.

Russell played with KD and Harden... Both great scorers and KD was an all-rounder. KD is not far off from LeBron.

But yes, Russell has never played with a pf like AD. I will give you that one.

Phoenix
07-30-2021, 03:04 PM

Well for one, I don't think my viewpoint on the topic is a lazy take. And that's fine that your point doesnt change. I make comments to offer my own opinion, not to change someone else's. I'll just say I largely disagree with this particular viewpoint of yours, and I tend to generally agree with most of what you say. This isnt one of those occasions, and it's not a problem. For one, I just dont think this team can last health wise through the year( which you spoke to) even if they managed to put it all together on the court.

bizil
07-30-2021, 03:45 PM
Russell played with KD and Harden... Both great scorers and KD was an all-rounder. KD is not far off from LeBron.

But yes, Russell has never played with a pf like AD. I will give you that one.

As I pointed out earlier, Bron is a Pass First superstar. KD and Harden are score first type guys. are score first by nature. KD isn’t anywhere close to Bron in terms of passing ability. As a triple double threat same applies. Harden is arguably the best passing SG of all time. But I still prefer Bron passing ability over his. Bron is more of a natural pass first player. Who can still dominate scoring.