PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers are now stacked with rebound stat chasers that refuse to box out

hiphopanonymous
07-29-2021, 09:39 PM
Westbrook likes others to box out so he can snag the board. So does LeBron. So does Davis. So does Drummond. They all hungry af for that rebound stat.

This is going to be wild watching them fight each other for rebounds with no box outs :oldlol:

imdaman99
07-29-2021, 09:43 PM
Yep, westbrook averaged 10+ last year with Steven Adams boxing out for him :bowdown:

Airupthere
07-29-2021, 09:46 PM
Hierarchy wise, my guess is that AD takes the most hit. Will probably be down to 6-7 rpg. Westbrook is no longer getting his triple doubles. Will most likely do 22ppg, 4-5 rpg and apg. Lebron will still statpad.

hiphopanonymous
07-29-2021, 09:53 PM
Hierarchy wise, my guess is that AD takes the most hit. Will probably be down to 6-7 rpg. Westbrook is no longer getting his triple doubles. Will most likely do 22ppg, 4-5 rpg and apg. Lebron will still statpad.
And you know what's sad is that it should literally be opposite of that. Rebounding should always be structured on a team to be deferred to the player with the best combination of quick verticality and strength. It's essential to have the highest reach the quickest and be able to absorb contact for rebounding and Drummond or Davis are the clear cut obvious number one guys on that team for that and they should be sorting that out among each other first.

Westbrook should be 3rd priority and should mostly box out 9 times out of 10. LeBron has absolutely no business even attempting to snag boards his body is old and actually still strong so perfect for boxing out as strength is one of the last things to leave a player. He's got half the two foot verticality he had and is behind even Westbrook in this dept he should absolutely box out every play and there's no shame in that. We'll see what happens I guess.

GrayGoat
07-29-2021, 09:54 PM
Westbrook made his bigs better. AD about to feast

Jasper
07-29-2021, 10:36 PM
Westbrook likes others to box out so he can snag the board. So does LeBron. So does Davis. So does Drummond. They all hungry af for that rebound stat.

This is going to be wild watching them fight each other for rebounds with no box outs :oldlol:

I just boxed you out

/