PDA

View Full Version : Would david robinson be a better greek in this era?

Bronbron23
07-31-2021, 10:23 AM
Similar size, build and athleticism. Robinson was significantly more skilled. He had some post moves and had a way better shot mechanics. Greek definitely plays with more aggression and passion though. It's a tough call tbh. The question is is robinsons higher skill level greater than greeks motor and aggression. I probably go with greek on this but not confidently.

And1AllDay
07-31-2021, 10:25 AM
yes the guy that never led a team would magically get balls to do it :oldlol:

next your gonna say mikey mouse could win without pippen :oldlol:

Carbine
07-31-2021, 10:26 AM
No, Robinson didn't have the same fire as Giannis.

Robinson is one of the top 10 talented players ever, probably closer to 5 if you really break it down but he didn't have the fire burning in the belly. He would tell you himself, in fact I believe he has said that on many occasions.

tontoz
07-31-2021, 10:30 AM
Robinson was a better shooter but not as dynamic taking it to the basket. Giannis is more creative and has more dog in him. DRob would be great now though no doubt.

Manny98
07-31-2021, 10:32 AM
A better Anthony Davis maybe?

I don't recall Admiral being the ball handler that Giannis is

Bronbron23
07-31-2021, 11:02 AM
yes the guy that never led a team would magically get balls to do it :oldlol:

next your gonna say mikey mouse could win without pippen :oldlol:

I actually said i don't think he would be better than greek dummy. And who knows if drob would of won one if he got the same breaks as greek this year. Nothing to get emotional about buddy. I know fakkits are emotional by nature but i have faith u buddy

Horatio33
07-31-2021, 11:45 AM
Robinson didn't have the competitiveness required to be the best player on a championship team. He only started winning when Duncan came on. Giannis has proved he can lead a team to a title as the best player.

ImKobe
07-31-2021, 11:47 AM
No, he wasn't as versatile as Giannis.

Full Court
07-31-2021, 12:51 PM
Would david robinson be a better greek in this era?

David Robinson wasn't even Greek back when he played.

BigShotBob
07-31-2021, 01:00 PM
He'd just be himself but he'd definitely be unguardable in this era

No Sir
07-31-2021, 01:04 PM
He’d be a better Bam

MadDog
07-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Freak is more wirey and has a better handle. Dave had the better faceup and shooting. It would be close.

lakerstekkenn
07-31-2021, 07:12 PM
Robinson put him on these Bucks they still win with his points Kevin Garnett also wins a ring this year they do what Guannis did but even better probably 21 rebounds 30 points and 10 assist easily against the teams Milwaukee went throw Phoenix gets swept, Kevin Garnett goes off against then outside jumpers all day monster boards.

Robinson was 7 ft 1 Giannis is 5 ft 11 you do the math, Robinson could post hit jumpers and dribble he's better then Giannis everywhere.

Robinson scores easily hitting jumpers grabbing boards and even guarding Durant when he tries to enter the paint and on the outside Durant would have trouble shooting over Robinson and inside scoring Durant would need screens set for him and he's scoring on the switches, Robinson was a beast.

David Robinson's MVP Season! 1994-95 Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8wJ4XVL7ss

Robinson was quicker then the Greek Freak having cat like quickness and more explosive also bigger he's dominating every team Milwaukee went through even better then Giannis because he's bigger and better at everything.

Anybody who says different is wrong.

MrFonzworth
07-31-2021, 07:19 PM
A better Anthony Davis maybe?

I don't recall Admiral being the ball handler that Giannis is

You dont recall? You weren't even alive

SATAN
07-31-2021, 07:22 PM
I think Giannis' game wouldn't hold up as well in the same era Robinson played in tbh

Axe
07-31-2021, 07:23 PM
No, he wasn't as versatile as Giannis.
He played in a light and soft era as well, unlike yanni.

SATAN
07-31-2021, 07:23 PM
You dont recall? You weren't even alive

:oldlol:

:applause: