PDA

View Full Version : 23 players who played with MJ and LeBron chime in on the GOAT "debate"

TheMan
07-31-2021, 02:14 PM
https://youtu.be/gAS_yrzWbH0

Bran stans? Even teammates of Le4/10n picking MJ?

:yaohappy:

The guy who made the video omitted a couple of other players who played with either MJ or Bran and who have made their opinions public, Horace Grant picked MJ and Mario Chalmers also picked MJ...

20-5 LMAO :roll:

B-b-b-but RealGM picked LeFraud :oldlol:

3ba11
07-31-2021, 02:17 PM
Ray Allen knows that he held Lebron's career in the palm of his hand in Game 6 of the 2013 Finals - kind of hard for Ray to call Lebron the goat after that

TheMan
07-31-2021, 02:20 PM
Ray Allen knows that he held Lebron's career in the palm of his hand in Game 6 of the 2013 Finals - kind of hard for Ray to call Lebron the goat after that

He goes into the debate deeper in an interview with Dan Patrick, keep in mind he played with and against a prime James and against an out of his prime MJ :lol Still knows who's the true GOAT :pimp:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-31-2021, 02:21 PM
A subforum of realgm picked Lebron. The main NBA board tho went with Mike.

Most media, online and player lists have MJ numero uno.

TheMan
07-31-2021, 02:25 PM
A subforum of realign picked Lebron. The main NBA board went with Mike.

At about the same rate these players chose, 20-5 is about the same rate most polls show, MJ grabs 70ish percent of the vote while James around mid teens, keep in mind votes also goes to other GOAT tier players like Wilt, KAJ, Russell, Bird and Magic. Haven't seen too many strictly MJ vs LBJ polls but I can't imagine they aren't that close either.

FatrickChewing
07-31-2021, 02:28 PM
Go make me some Tacos. You Mexican fruitcake.

3ba11
07-31-2021, 02:31 PM
A subforum of realgm picked Lebron. The main NBA board tho went with Mike.

20 years after the fact in spite of recency bias disadvantage... :pimp:

dbugz
07-31-2021, 02:47 PM
Dwyane Wade says LeBron James can never be greater than Michael Jordan (https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/dwyane-wade-says-lebron-james-can-never-be-greater-than-michael-jordan/)

Carmelo Anthony wasn’t comfortable with the question, but he acknowledges there is just one basketball GOAT — Michael Jordan (https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/carmelo-anthony-weighs-in-on-michael-jordan-lebron-james-goat-debate/)

Mike Malone: Killer Mentality Made Michael Jordan Better Than LeBron James (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2887907-michael-malone-killer-mentality-made-michael-jordan-better-than-lebron-james)

Mario Chalmers And JR Smith Say Michael Jordan Is The GOAT (https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/05/05/mario-chalmers-and-jr-smith-say-michael-jordan-is-the-goat/)

Udonis Haslem, former LeBron James teammate, says Michael Jordan is the GOAT (https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/udonis-haslem-former-lebron-james-teammate-says-michael-jordan-goat/551975)

Ray Allen still takes Michael Jordan over LeBron James as the greatest of all time (https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-ray-allen-still-takes-michael-jordan-over-lebron-james-as-the-greatest-of-all-time/)

:roll: :roll: libron :roll: :roll:

TheMan
07-31-2021, 03:22 PM

Stay mad, putoooooooo!!!

1987_Lakers
07-31-2021, 03:32 PM
Dwyane Wade says LeBron James can never be greater than Michael Jordan (https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/dwyane-wade-says-lebron-james-can-never-be-greater-than-michael-jordan/)

Carmelo Anthony wasn’t comfortable with the question, but he acknowledges there is just one basketball GOAT — Michael Jordan (https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/carmelo-anthony-weighs-in-on-michael-jordan-lebron-james-goat-debate/)

Mike Malone: Killer Mentality Made Michael Jordan Better Than LeBron James (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2887907-michael-malone-killer-mentality-made-michael-jordan-better-than-lebron-james)

Mario Chalmers And JR Smith Say Michael Jordan Is The GOAT (https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/05/05/mario-chalmers-and-jr-smith-say-michael-jordan-is-the-goat/)

Udonis Haslem, former LeBron James teammate, says Michael Jordan is the GOAT (https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/udonis-haslem-former-lebron-james-teammate-says-michael-jordan-goat/551975)

Ray Allen still takes Michael Jordan over LeBron James as the greatest of all time (https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-ray-allen-still-takes-michael-jordan-over-lebron-james-as-the-greatest-of-all-time/)

:roll: :roll: libron :roll: :roll:

To be fair, everything you linked was before LeBron won his 4th title.

Wade said it best, it's not fair to compare while LeBron is still playing in the NBA. By the time LeBron retires he might end up as the leading scorer in NBA History, 10,000 assists, 10,000 rebounds and maybe a 5th ring, it's going to be very hard for people to not seriously consider him the GOAT.

1987_Lakers
07-31-2021, 03:36 PM

Great contribution to this topic. :facepalm

bullettooth
07-31-2021, 03:40 PM
Why do Bronsexuals still try to compare LeBron? The comparison was OVER in 2011 and without Superteams, LeBron is a ****ing footnote in NBA history.

8Ball
07-31-2021, 03:51 PM
I love threads like this.

As long as threads like this exist, and they exist everywhere, every country, every basketball forum, there is dispute.

Jordan isn't "undisputed" any longer, and that eats away at Jordan inside. I love it.

Jordan will go to his grave knowing there was a player better at playing basketball at him and hundreds of millions of people / billions around the world DO NOT think Jordan is the GOAT.

sdot_thadon
07-31-2021, 04:22 PM
It doesn't even matter much anymore at this point I have them both in the top 3 spots changing depending on the criteria. Lebron is cemented in the debate and I guess its hard to be undsputed when all anyone ever does is dispute your status daily for such a long amount of time.......

RRR3
07-31-2021, 04:56 PM
MJ fans will never forgive LeBron for making the basketball GOAT a debate. Sure MJ is still the favorite but the fact that it’s even a debate has mentally destroyed them. They can’t be satisfied with MJ being the most popular choice for number one, no one is allowed to have a different opinion.

MadDog
07-31-2021, 05:39 PM
Lol damn. Even LeBron's teammates dont think he belongs. :oldlol: Never seen this video before, thanks for sharing.

MJ fans will never forgive LeBron for making the basketball GOAT a debate. Sure MJ is still the favorite but the fact that it’s even a debate has mentally destroyed them. They can’t be satisfied with MJ being the most popular choice for number one, no one is allowed to have a different opinion.

Kareem and Russell were always in the GOAT debate. :confusedshrug: And to this day still have a decent argument. Jordan fans never cared because they're actually deserving. Russell has the most championships. Kareem has the points record & longevity. While Jordan has the best combination of the two. Not surprised a pinhead like you never picked up on that.

Full Court
07-31-2021, 06:01 PM
Anyone with half a brain knows Lebron doesn't hold a candle to MJ. It just so happens that the five people who are too dumb to figure that out all post on here.

Spurs m8
07-31-2021, 06:19 PM
Didn't watch video but remember when Rodman said he'd absolutely d1ck LeBron hahahah

No one is scared of that flopping, stat padding, lose without superteam coward

Mauzah
07-31-2021, 06:32 PM
Anyone with half a brain knows Lebron doesn't hold a candle to MJ. It just so happens that the five people who are too dumb to figure that out all post on here.

And out of those five people you soon realize that it's only two people

Hey Yo
07-31-2021, 06:44 PM
Lol damn. Even LeBron's teammates dont think he belongs. :oldlol: Never seen this video before, thanks for sharing.

Kareem and Russell were always in the GOAT debate. :confusedshrug: And to this day still have a decent argument. Jordan fans never cared because they're actually deserving. Russell has the most championships. Kareem has the points record & longevity. While Jordan has the best combination of the two. Not surprised a pinhead like you never picked up on that.
LOL @ saying MJ had great longevity.

Dude couldn't play more than 7 full consecutive seasons without needing to quit in his prime to rest

TheMan
07-31-2021, 06:44 PM

As long as threads like this exist, and they exist everywhere, every country, every basketball forum, there is dispute.

Jordan isn't "undisputed" any longer, and that eats away at Jordan inside. I love it.

Jordan will go to his grave knowing there was a player better at playing basketball at him and hundreds of millions of people / billions around the world DO NOT think Jordan is the GOAT.
Nice coping mechanism lol

To be clear, MJ himself has never claimed to be the GOAT, he has said many times in interviews that him claiming such would be disrespectful to past GOATs like Wilt, KAJ, Russell, West ect...

MJ has zero problems with people considering others as GOAT, OTOH, your boi proclaimed himself the GOAT, I'm just showing you that not even most of his teammates consider him GOAT over MJ...that's it :confusedshrug:

SATAN
07-31-2021, 06:54 PM
LeBron would have averaged 40/10/10 in the 80s-90s.

TheMan
07-31-2021, 06:58 PM

This :applause:

TheMan
07-31-2021, 07:00 PM
LeBron would have averaged 40/10/10 in the 80s-90s.

PJax claimed MJ would avg 45 today. I think I'll take his word over a try hard naming himself after the Lord of Lies.

SATAN
07-31-2021, 07:08 PM
PJax claimed MJ would avg 45 today. I think I'll take his word over a try hard naming himself after the Lord of Lies.

MJ wouldn't average 45 today because it would be unlikely to get him chips, you cousin ****ing Catholic nutjob.

Axe
07-31-2021, 07:21 PM
I wish there's a fancy prize for picking one over the other. :sleeping

TheMan
07-31-2021, 07:31 PM
MJ wouldn't average 45 today because it would be unlikely to get him chips, you cousin ****ing Catholic nutjob.

Just like the demon that you are, you are spreading lies. She is not my cousin and I never laid with her. Repent you Godless heathen. Be gone deciever and spinner of lies, into a lake of fire shall you perish, evildoer.

Axe
07-31-2021, 07:32 PM
Just like the demon that you are, you are spreading lies. She is not my cousin and I never laid with her. Repent you Godless heathen. Be gone deciever and spinner of lies, into a lake of fire shall you perish, evildoer.
:roll:

Beelzebub strikes again.

ELITEpower23
07-31-2021, 08:52 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/rFMhLqjd/le_god_is_the_way.png

All paths lead to LeGod

StrongLurk
07-31-2021, 10:25 PM
The best thing about the arguments used by the Jordan stans who are also Lebron haters is that they always cement Lebron as a top four player of all time at worst...with the majority of their arguments putting Lebron at number two all time.

Like...they hate on Lebron far more than any other player and do all they can to put him out of the top five or even top ten...yet their arguments basically state that Jordan > Lebron, but also Lebron > all other players.

It's hilarous to watch.

TheMan
07-31-2021, 11:16 PM
The best thing about the arguments used by the Jordan stans who are also Lebron haters is that they always cement Lebron as a top four player of all time at worst...with the majority of their arguments putting Lebron at number two all time.

Like...they hate on Lebron far more than any other player and do all they can to put him out of the top five or even top ten...yet their arguments basically state that Jordan > Lebron, but also Lebron > all other players.

It's hilarous to watch.
Wut, there isn't a Jordan fan who doesn't recognize LeBron as one of the best. MJ has said so himself. I in fact have LeBron #9 overall in my GOAT list. :confusedshrug:

Anyone who doesn have him in their top 10 is obviously trolling, same as those who have him top 5. Fringe top 10 is his rightful spot. No brownie points for coming in 2nd place and points taken away for colluding...

RRR3
07-31-2021, 11:27 PM
Poor OP :(

ELITEpower23
07-31-2021, 11:34 PM
MJ fans will never forgive LeBron for making the basketball GOAT a debate. The fact that it’s even a debate has mentally destroyed them. They can’t be satisfied with MJ being the most popular choice for number one, no one is allowed to have a different opinion.

This

kawhileonard2
07-31-2021, 11:42 PM
Lebron embarrassed America already by winning bronze.

Full Court
07-31-2021, 11:49 PM

This x 100.

SATAN
08-01-2021, 02:36 AM

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3695644.1469551721!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_1180/church-flames-st-isidore-cbc.jpg

Your cult is a sham.

Cyrus334
08-01-2021, 03:00 AM

This dude really acting like he has an inkling of what goes through MJ's head and claims a dude worth billions is stressing about what a bunch of nerds think of him lmao. :lol

kennethdrippin
08-01-2021, 04:07 AM
lebron will never be the goat because we've seen his best and it wasn't MJ... all he can do is accumulate stats and rig big 3/4's for fake rings from here on out. a player makes his case for goat during his prime. thats why jordan was the goat by the time he retired in 93

he could win 10 rings with davis, derozan and westbrook. he's gonna go down as a kareem type legacy where people just say "he probly had the most accomplished career but the goat is MJ"

Spurs m8
08-01-2021, 04:25 AM
lebron will never be the goat because we've seen his best and it wasn't MJ... all he can do is accumulate stats and rig big 3/4's for fake rings from here on out. a player makes his case for goat during his prime. thats why jordan was the goat by the time he retired in 93

he could win 10 rings with davis, derozan and westbrook. he's gonna go down as a kareem type legacy where people just say "he probly had the most accomplished career but the goat is MJ"

The bolded part gets overlooked wayyy too much

Bron has empty longevity stats from stat padding...and a shameless list of collusion.

No success without the collusion.

Not one single time.

2019 lakers was icing on the cake of what we always knew

Actually...that was 2021 when AD went down and he didn't even come close to a playoff win.

LeLeader showed his head instead and it was truly amazing

kennethdrippin
08-01-2021, 04:34 AM
The bolded part gets overlooked wayyy too much

Bron has empty longevity stats from stat padding...and a shameless list of collusion.

No success without the collusion.

Not one single time.

2019 lakers was icing on the cake of what we always knew

Actually...that was 2021 when AD went down and he didn't even come close to a playoff win.

LeLeader showed his head instead and it was truly amazing

and whats lebrons best version? 2013? 2016? i dunno.. i say 2012..some may even say 2018... in any case those versions are all flawed

so you either get a lebron with no shot/no post game or a lebron with no defense/no conditioning and both air ball free throws

meh... good numbers but flawed player. jordan had less range but the nba didn't really emphasize the 3 point shot for its superstars. it was more of a role player thing to do and even then it was rare. so jordan never hurt his teams by shooting less 3's

lebron did however hurt his teams with his flaws

he was a liability in areas and jordan wasn't

Manny98
08-01-2021, 06:11 AM

This, Jordan stans like OP reek of insecurity because they know the majority of the younger generation see LeBron as the GOAT

TheMan
08-01-2021, 08:08 AM
This, Jordan stans like OP reek of insecurity because they know the majority of the younger generation see LeBron as the GOAT
https://media.tenor.com/images/8cf71e39581ebb4238158728e9e31891/tenor.gif

A new poll commissioned by ESPN found 73% of NBA fans believe Jordan is the superior player overall, and the Chicago Bulls legend swept all 17 questions comparing him to James by metrics both on and off the court.

To account for the generation gap -- Jordan last played in the season before James entered the league in 2003 -- the 600 respondents were split evenly into two age groups: 18-34 and 35 and older. Jordan naturally led by almost 4-to-1 (79%) in the older half, but even in the younger group, Jordan was preferred by nearly 2-to-1 (66%).

There's little doubt fans would rather see the ball in Jordan's hands with the game on the line, as 76% thought he was the better choice than James to take a game-winning shot, and 74% trusted His Airness to come through in the clutch.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29187444/michael-jordan-better-lebron-james-every-way-says-poll-nba-fans

Manny98, just because maybe a majority of your incel nerd friends view LeFraud as the GOAT, doesn't mean a majority of younger fans do. Don't pretend you know what millions of younger fans think when polls show the opposite of what you say.

RRR3
08-01-2021, 08:23 AM
Manny’s post accomplished what he wanted it to which is was to get the tightly wound OP even more riled up. Too easy.

Manny98
08-01-2021, 08:30 AM
Manny’s post accomplished what he wanted it to which is was to get the tightly wound OP even more riled up. Too easy.

Child's play :oldlol:

RRR3
08-01-2021, 08:32 AM
Child's play :oldlol:
Poor guy spends all day thinking about LeBron :oldlol:

Axe
08-01-2021, 09:07 AM
Didn't you just troll about kong in the last three days? :ohwell:

red1
08-01-2021, 09:35 AM
Wut, there isn't a Jordan fan who doesn't recognize LeBron as one of the best. MJ has said so himself. I in fact have LeBron #9 overall in my GOAT list. :confusedshrug:

Anyone who doesn have him in their top 10 is obviously trolling, same as those who have him top 5. Fringe top 10 is his rightful spot. No brownie points for coming in 2nd place and points taken away for colluding...
:roll:

And1AllDay
08-01-2021, 09:55 AM

i got mikey mouse 9 as well :cheers:

ClipperRevival
08-01-2021, 10:37 AM
Consider the 6 who picked Bron in the vid: Ryan Hollins, Kendrick Perkins, Tristian Thompson, JR Smith, Chris Bosh and Steve Kerr (and Kerr said they are both GOATs). Not exactly your high IQ guys sans Kerr.

And the comments by D Wade. YIKES

https://media1.tenor.com/images/72e82f121ee69bd537c880849b19e6ab/tenor.gif?itemid=9848091-

3ba11
08-01-2021, 10:44 AM
Jordan won with a player that had Westbrook's horrific efficiency, but only half of Westbrook's production (Pippen), while Lebron needs 2 guys that get twice Pippen's production (Westbrook, AD)

ClipperRevival
08-01-2021, 10:51 AM
And all of Bron's star teammates picked MJ sans Bosh. Wade, Allen, Kyrie and Davis. I mean what more is there to say if the guys you played with even say MJ? And the only ones picking Bron are low IQ bench players.

https://media.tenor.com/images/e09ece4f152b0425fc42eb4d83a08532/tenor.gif

8Ball
08-01-2021, 10:56 AM
I love it. Keep having this debate until the end of time.

It will never end.

TheMan
08-01-2021, 11:57 AM

Shut up, commie.

MadDog
08-01-2021, 11:57 AM
This :applause:

Lol you can tell who just started watching. But hey I don't mind seeing MJ win in a landslide. :confusedshrug: Reminds me of LeBron losing in the finals by a record margin.

TheMan
08-01-2021, 12:01 PM
I love it. Keep having this debate until the end of time.

It will never end.

It ends when Bran retires and the NBA and their cohorts in the media are free from pushing that narrative for TV ratings.

You know it, I know it, we all know it. :cheers:

TheMan
08-01-2021, 12:02 PM
Lol you can tell who just started watching. But hey I don't mind seeing MJ win in a landslide. :confusedshrug: Reminds me of LeBron losing in the finals by a record margin.

If you call watching the NBA Finals since the mid 80s as a kid "just started watching", then yeah...back when they were on CBS. Brent Musburger hosted the halftime show, Dick Stockton and Tommy Heinsohn called the big games :cheers:

RRR3
08-01-2021, 12:06 PM
Consider the 6 who picked Bron in the vid: Ryan Hollins, Kendrick Perkins, Tristian Thompson, JR Smith, Chris Bosh and Steve Kerr (and Kerr said they are both GOATs). Not exactly your high IQ guys sans Kerr.

And the comments by D Wade. YIKES

https://media1.tenor.com/images/72e82f121ee69bd537c880849b19e6ab/tenor.gif?itemid=9848091-
Chris Bosh is high IQ dafuq

RRR3
08-01-2021, 12:07 PM
Shut up, commie.
At least I don’t creep on my cousins.

MadDog
08-01-2021, 12:07 PM
If you call watching the NBA Finals since the mid 80s as a kid "just started watching", that's fine.

Nah you misunderstood. I'm talking about LeBron fans. The same group of losers who can't refute the data. That poll you posted was STAGGERING lol

TheMan
08-01-2021, 12:09 PM
Nah you misunderstood. I'm talking about LeBron fans. The same group of losers who can't refute the data. That poll you posted was STAGGERING lol

Ah ok, my bad :cheers:

TheMan
08-01-2021, 12:09 PM
At least I don’t creep on my cousins.

Neither do I.

3ba11
08-01-2021, 12:15 PM
Chris Bosh is high IQ dafuq

Bosh is too dumb to realize that the Heat would've been 4/4 if he was used better so he could average 20 or dominate when needed like other 3rd options (Klay, Manu, Allen, Worthy, Harden, etc)

But for Bosh and Lebron to play to capacity (not just Lebron), this requires superior skills from Lebron (off-ball skills, aka elite jumpshooting skill and pure scoring ability) - so Bosh and the media don't realize that it's a SKILL DEFICIT

For example, the only reason people are questioning whether Lebron can win with Westbrook is because both guys LACK THE SKILLS to play together... So Lebron is inferior skill-wise to Jordan, which yields inferior teams... that makes him vastly inferior.

RRR3
08-01-2021, 12:27 PM
This message is unreadable because 3braincells is too dumb to make good points.

Axe
08-01-2021, 08:48 PM
Jordan won with a player that had Westbrook's horrific efficiency, but only half of Westbrook's production (Pippen), while Lebron needs 2 guys that get twice Pippen's production (Westbrook, AD)
And he also went 1-9 without him too. ;)

SATAN
08-01-2021, 09:04 PM
No one said NBA players can't be brainwashed MJ stains. LeBron is the most complete player of all time and would kick MJ's ass one on one. He beat him at age 16.

TheMan
08-01-2021, 09:06 PM
No one said NBA players can't be brainwashed MJ stains. LeBron is the most complete player of all time and would kick MJ's ass one on one. He beat him at age 16.

Sure kid, sure. Meanwhile LeBron is one of the biggest MJ stans out there, or did you think #23 came out of nowhere?

ImKobe
08-01-2021, 09:09 PM

Delusional.

TheMan
08-02-2021, 12:59 PM
Bran stans avoiding this thread like the plague...

Why do most of Bran's teammates choose MJ as their GOAT? Anyone?

RRR3
08-02-2021, 02:25 PM

Why does LeBron have you all riled up 24/7? Aren’t you married with kids? Focus on not cheating on your wife with your 21 year old cousins.

TheMan
08-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Why does LeBron have you all riled up 24/7? Aren’t you married with kids? Focus on not cheating on your wife with your 21 year old cousins.

Stick to the subject at hand and stop projecting...my bad, she's a female and not a tranny so definitely not your type.

Anyone else?

8Ball
08-02-2021, 05:22 PM

Scottie Pippen:

“Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to play the game. But LeBron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game because he is so potent offensively that not only can he score at will, but he keeps everybody involved.”

Argument is over. Jordan's own best teammate said this in 2011. He knew, we knew, the world knew.

Some players call Jordan the GOAT the same reason why they say Kobe is top 3 GOAT = They are wrong and they love players that can score a lot like Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony.

8Ball
08-02-2021, 05:24 PM
Thread Cliffs:

Scottie Pippen thinks LeBron is the GOAT. This hurts Jordan deep inside.

TheMan
08-02-2021, 06:01 PM
Scottie Pippen:

Argument is over. Jordan's own best teammate said this in 2011. He knew, we knew, the world knew.

Some players call Jordan the GOAT the same reason why they say Kobe is top 3 GOAT = They are wrong and they love players that can score a lot like Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony.
That's funny because only a couple of years ago Pip said there isn't a game in where he would choose LeBron over MJ, when they pressed him, his response was, not if I'm trying to win :roll: Also, TMac is on the video also calling MJ the GOAT...

https://youtu.be/dOgwQ5pmSiQ

Again, why are LeBron's best teammates picking MJ over Bran? Enquiring minds want to know...
https://64.media.tumblr.com/79e5a3105d7bea308f64cb1afd954991/tumblr_inline_pgg5syfzWN1s25zby_250.gifv

Anyone???