PDA

View Full Version : Players should be loyal and stay with one team logic

Ne 1
07-31-2021, 08:01 PM
https://theundefeated.com/features/demar-derozan-repped-toronto-like-he-was-born-there/Like Demar did.... Just to get slapped in the face by a trade to get Kawhi.... Toronto ran from the grind and the joy of an "organic" ring, and traded in their most loyal player overnight, for a cheap non organic ring in the Kawhi sweepstakes... Till this day Demar talks about how the right to play in one uniform his entire career was stripped from him..... Loyalty holds no weight.

ELITEpower23
07-31-2021, 08:29 PM
You saw what the Celtics did to Isiah Thomas, what the Clippers did to Blake Griffin, what the Spurs did to Demar, what the Thunder did to Harden and that's only recently.

Hey Yo
07-31-2021, 11:13 PM
Nicely written article

Good read

kawhileonard2
07-31-2021, 11:22 PM
Yes depends on how good for long time. MJ, Hakeem, Dirk, Wade did this.

jlip
07-31-2021, 11:53 PM
Oscar Robertson literally sued the NBA in the 1970s so that players would not HAVE to be loyal to teams. While free agency has evolved over the years, players have been switching teams and forcing trades since the beginning of time.

I'm reminded of what KG said after the Celtics eliminated the Cavs in the 2010 playoffs when he was asked what advice he would give LeBron. He said, "Loyalty is something that hurts you at times, because you can't get youth back. I can honestly say that if I could go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I'd have done it a little sooner.". I didn't read where anybody criticized him for that statement at all.

So if we are actually honest about everything, no one ever truly cared about loyalty to a team as being some significant part of a player's legacy until LeBron made his decision in July 2010. All of a sudden, I'm reading and hearing media personalities and fans of rival teams actually acting like they have become empathetic humanitarians caring about the feelings of fans in Cleveland. Never in my life had I seen people who never cared about one team start acting like they felt sorry for fans of another team.

SATAN
08-01-2021, 02:16 AM
It's the "logic" used by schizophrenic MJ stans to pathetically prop MJ up even further while adding another extremely petty reason to hate LeBron James for being alive.

iamgine
08-01-2021, 02:27 AM
Loyalty is only valuable if you're actually good enough. In a company, you're loyal but no one believes you can get the job done. Then what good are you.

If you're someone like Tim Duncan who had done the job time and again for the franchise while being loyal, then if the franchise screwed him, that would be despicable. But fckin Demar Derozan? Man, get out of here.

Rysio
08-01-2021, 02:34 AM
Lol if you get drafted to a great franchise like the lakers then you can be loyal but if you get drafted to shit franchise like the raptors you bounce as soon as your contract is up.

Spurs m8
08-01-2021, 02:44 AM
There's a difference between running to a different team for a good opportunity....

And claiming your the GOAT and running team to team and shamelessly colluding with top tier players over and over again...like the NBAs $2 slut

k0kakw0rld
08-01-2021, 03:08 AM
https://theundefeated.com/features/demar-derozan-repped-toronto-like-he-was-born-there/Like Demar did.... Just to get slapped in the face by a trade to get Kawhi.... Toronto ran from the grind and the joy of an "organic" ring, and traded in their most loyal player overnight, for a cheap non organic ring in the Kawhi sweepstakes... Till this day Demar talks about how the right to play in one uniform his entire career was stripped from him..... Loyalty holds no weight.
The goal of an organization is to win. If you have the opportunity to get a better player than what you already have why not seize the opportunity?

LAL
08-01-2021, 03:53 AM
There's a difference between running to a different team for a good opportunity....

And claiming your the GOAT and running team to team and shamelessly colluding with top tier players over and over again...like the NBAs $2 slut

Bingooo :cheers:

Jasper
08-01-2021, 11:17 AM
If you're someone like Tim Duncan who had done the job time and again for the franchise while being loyal, then if the franchise screwed him, that would be despicable. But fckin Demar Derozan? Man, get out of here.[/QUOTE]

Any player should held to a held standard , no matter what their skill level his , but in the competitive NBA the word is 'winning'
If you are not bring a winning record, and via'ing for a chip , it's really a mute topic.

Mr. Woke
08-01-2021, 11:37 AM

Not at all.

You are just a pathetic LeBron hater with no testicular fortitude.

highwhey
08-01-2021, 11:47 AM
You saw what the Celtics did to Isiah Thomas, what the Clippers did to Blake Griffin, what the Spurs did to Demar, what the Thunder did to Harden and that's only recently.

yep, for most organizations, it's business. that's the approach it should be for both the team (employer) and the player (employee). it results in a healthy relationship and is mutually beneficial. especially with how fluid some front offices tend to be with their leadership. the exception being an organization like the Spurs who are very loyal to their superstars, but that is rare to see. i laugh when i hear "but tim duncan, but kobe"....those guys had undying loyalty from their front office and the owners themselves. dan gilbert couldn't wait a moment sooner to bash LeBron the moment he left. he showed his true colors. yet LeBron was the bigger person, he came back to that same organization who's leader spoke awful about him, and he delivered them there first championship title.

it's just business. learn this and live by it, don't get so butthurt about it.

having said that, the suns would be wise to take this approach and send CP3 packing. instead they will be caught up in their emotions and will mortgage their future on a declining 35 year old PG. a perfect example of why it should always be seen as a business approach. cp3's backup will likely play more minutes despite being paid $40m/year. trash organization.

bison
08-01-2021, 12:58 PM
Lol no one argues that players MUST stay loyal to one team. Straw man argument by Bron stains. What we are saying is we looking down on ring chasing, colluding team hoppers. And this loyalty debate really only pertains to superstars. No one cares that role players play for multiple teams. That’s what they are supposed to do. We are talking about elite players whom franchises are built around and become the face of a team. So guys like Kobe, scurry, Duncan, dirk, Jordan, Malone/Stockton. (Jordan and Malone did eventually finish their careers with other teams but that’s only after giving their blood sweat and tears to one franchise for more than a decade). Hopefully Giannis and luka will follow suit. Lebron was the same type of player for Cleveland but he jumped ship and let that franchise sink. KD is another shameless goblin. Shaq also a b*tch for this. Think about how being a traitor hurt those guys legacy. Lebron can never be a top 5 player.