PDA

View Full Version : this seems a bit shady

highwhey
08-02-2021, 11:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGQ1_P7AsHM&ab_channel=ABC15Arizona

the officer claims he hikes in triple digit heat all the time...yeah, that's a straight lie. no one is buying that. locals don't do that shit, anyone with a brain knows hiking in 110 degree weather is the worst idea. fyi, if you're from out of town, don't do that to yourself. plenty of out of town people underestimate how quickly you will die from the heat in phoenix, it doesn't take long. every year there's a story of a tourist dying from hiking in the summer...except this story just sounds sketchy all around. you invite a chick from out of town, she begins to feel bad from the heat and you let her walk back alone...his story doesn't add up. he's a first responder. worst of all, dude claims they didn't bring any water...on a hike...in triple digit weather....:biggums:

i don't know of a single phoenician that steps foot out the door without some water.

warriorfan
08-02-2021, 11:26 PM
Good job Detective Fatso.

highwhey
08-02-2021, 11:31 PM

:roll: that's so funny!

did you guys read that? he called me fatso :roll:

MrFonzworth
08-02-2021, 11:44 PM

:roll:

Axe
08-02-2021, 11:51 PM

:lol :roll:

MrFonzworth
08-02-2021, 11:54 PM

:yaohappy:

jstern
08-03-2021, 12:12 AM
Warriorfan has them rolling.

But I agree, something very fishy with that story. When I first read it I thought it was foul play, and if not the guy is an airhead with low social skills. But looking at his picture, he's what a lot of girls would consider super attractive. I can relate at some level. It's rare to have a girl fly over to meet you, unless you're really good looking. So if there's no foul play, my guess is that he's just used to have sex with a shit ton of girls and this was just another girl, and finishing the hike was more important. Personality not well developed, because girls flock to him, and thus why I called him an airhead.

highwhey
08-03-2021, 12:14 AM

:lebronamazed:

imdaman99
08-03-2021, 12:27 AM
No evidence of foul play... how surprising.

crosstin
08-03-2021, 02:14 AM
She's hot

MrFonzworth
08-03-2021, 06:59 AM

:lebronamazed:

:milton:

Shogon
08-03-2021, 08:54 AM
I mean if he did something to her surely it will show in an autopsy.

But let's be real... the only reason so far this is even a story is because she is mildly attractive in those pics and he's a cop. If she were some fat white tub of lard and he were a plumber... it wouldn't make the news. We've seen this type of shit so many times I would have thought people were aware by now.

ASSUMING IT WAS A MURDER, people get murdered all the time. There are like 10,000+ murders every single year in the US. And only some of the attractive ones make the news. The really attractive ones go national. lol.

If he did something foul where he kinda thought would lead to her death but didn't murder her... also, surely, some type of pattern of behavior will be in his past that is shady.

But eh? Nobody really cares.

Patrick Chewing
08-03-2021, 10:25 AM

:oldlol:

highwhey
08-03-2021, 11:09 AM
I mean if he did something to her surely it will show in an autopsy.

But let's be real... the only reason so far this is even a story is because she is mildly attractive in those pics and he's a cop. If she were some fat white tub of lard and he were a plumber... it wouldn't make the news. We've seen this type of shit so many times I would have thought people were aware by now.

ASSUMING IT WAS A MURDER, people get murdered all the time. There are like 10,000+ murders every single year in the US. And only some of the attractive ones make the news. The really attractive ones go national. lol.

If he did something foul where he kinda thought would lead to her death but didn't murder her... also, surely, some type of pattern of behavior will be in his past that is shady.

But eh? Nobody really cares.

There will at least be a case for a civil suit. Hopefully that affects that piece of shit.

Shogon
08-03-2021, 11:20 AM
There will at least be a case for a civil suit. Hopefully that affects that piece of shit.

Well at the very least the guy is a piece of shit for her complaining about overheating and he keeps going up the mountain without her. Based on the pic of him they presented he looks like a ***** slaying douchey chad that disregards others. What kind of a guy would even take a self pic like that? Lol someone compeltely self absorbed. Lots of these guys in their 20s and 30s...

It could be as simple as them meeting up and him deciding he was no longer interested whatsoever and this was his way of very passively aggressively communicating that he was not interested. That or he really was that selfish... or maybe he even had malicious intent.

No matter what happened, the guy is clearly a douchebag. Douchey women are attracted to douchey guys. Just how the world goes.

highwhey
08-03-2021, 11:48 AM
Well at the very least the guy is a piece of shit for her complaining about overheating and he keeps going up the mountain without her. Based on the pic of him they presented he looks like a ***** slaying douchey chad that disregards others. What kind of a guy would even take a self pic like that? Lol someone compeltely self absorbed. Lots of these guys in their 20s and 30s...

It could be as simple as them meeting up and him deciding he was no longer interested whatsoever and this was his way of very passively aggressively communicating that he was not interested. That or he really was that selfish... or maybe he even had malicious intent.

No matter what happened, the guy is clearly a douchebag. Douchey women are attracted to douchey guys. Just how the world goes.

he's definitely a chad :oldlol:

maybe a deadly covid variant wouldn't be so bad rn. a small amount of human decency could have prevented loss of life.

Shogon
08-03-2021, 11:52 AM
a small amount of human decency could have prevented loss of life.

Haven't you heard? It's all about me bruh!

ME!!! MEEEEEEEE! MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

highwhey
08-03-2021, 12:01 PM
Haven't you heard? It's all about me bruh!

ME!!! MEEEEEEEE! MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

yep.

Chick Stern
08-03-2021, 12:19 PM
She wasn’t fit, she was anorexic and needed a good meal.
If she flew all the way to Phoenix and agreed to go hike in the summer, she was both thirsty and uninformed.
That being said, he’s a douche.

MrFonzworth
08-03-2021, 12:37 PM

Major Elliot Rogers vibes in this post

bison
08-03-2021, 02:34 PM
It's definitely a murder. The fact that he's a cop tells me everything I need to know. Cops have significantly higher rates of domestic violence than the average male.

And1AllDay
08-03-2021, 11:14 PM
It's definitely a murder. The fact that he's a cop tells me everything I need to know. Cops have significantly higher rates of domestic violence than the average male.

they will inspect the body slow down detective fakkit :oldlol:

Jasper
08-04-2021, 11:51 PM
Warriorfan has them rolling.

But I agree, something very fishy with that story. When I first read it I thought it was foul play, and if not the guy is an airhead with low social skills. But looking at his picture, he's what a lot of girls would consider super attractive. I can relate at some level. It's rare to have a girl fly over to meet you, unless you're really good looking. So if there's no foul play, my guess is that he's just used to have sex with a shit ton of girls and this was just another girl, and finishing the hike was more important. Personality not well developed, because girls flock to him, and thus why I called him an airhead.

can you just quit it ...

72-10
08-05-2021, 04:52 PM
That cop is an asshole because, when it's not an arrest, the onus is on the woman to bring water, and therefore, it's her suicide. Additionally, a woman can walk only two miles in intense heat (90+ degrees Farenheit) without water, while a man with shape can walk up to 8 miles in the same conditions. This means that a man can often walk to the next town, while a woman cannot. This is too lean on the woman.

72-10
08-05-2021, 04:59 PM

Did the cop not afford her the chance to bring water?
I didn't read the full story yet, but it sounds like a case of Imminent Harm, not Murder.

Honor Boost
08-05-2021, 10:59 PM
Are there any updates on the case? How can a girl die that soon being out in the sun?

highwhey
08-06-2021, 07:40 PM
unrelated but....

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/full-announcement-doj-announces-investigation-into-city-of-phoenix-phoenix-pd
On Thursday, U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland announced that the Justice Department is opening a sweeping investigation into the City of Phoenix and Phoenix Police Department, including the department's use-of-force policies.

the cop that was on this hike is on the brady list fyi, he lied to another officer about an investigation (gave false name/contact info).

the DOJ probe is odd though. Mesa PD (neighboring town) is FAR worse. if you were to take a poll and ask which Police department is the worst/most hated, it would be overwhelmingly won by Mesa PD. Mesa needs to shut it down and use the Sherrifs instead. those guys are on the news every other week beating people senseless. Phoenix PD doesn't have a bad reputation locally...their driving sucks though, i've had a lot of near misses with them on the road because they drive like animals with no sirens on. downtown has a lot of one way roads and they constantly drive the wrong way with no sirens.

Lebron23
08-07-2021, 08:10 AM
Wrong thread.

highwhey
08-07-2021, 10:21 AM
Lol he changed some details about his statement. He went from “I hike this trail all the time” to “actually I got lost after we parted paths, I even had to call an Uber”

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/investigations/new-information-contradicts-phoenix-officers-statement-after-death-of-camelback-mountain-hiker

Long Duck Dong
08-07-2021, 11:44 AM
Just on the surface, murder doesn't make sense with the brief glance at this case.

Why would he murder her? What's the motive? Covering up a rape or attempted rape doesn't make sense. He wasn't going to have sex with her on the rocks in the 110 degree heat. If he had assaulted her back at the place they were staying why would she willingly go into the desert afterwards with him? He's also a much better looking individual than she is so the odds are he probably wasn't desperate for her

72-10
08-07-2021, 04:59 PM
Lol he changed some details about his statement. He went from “I hike this trail all the time” to “actually I got lost after we parted paths, I even had to call an Uber”

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/investigations/new-information-contradicts-phoenix-officers-statement-after-death-of-camelback-mountain-hiker

Interesting progression of events. FWIW I don't think Mexico has Imminent Harm indoctrinated in its law and, unlike Arizona, would consider a case such as this Murder with Mitigating Circumstances or something to that effect because most of the towns are not located very close to one another. Of course it depends on how deliberate the officer was and how deliberate the woman was with regards to water. The cop is probably looking at something like 12 years for Imminent Harm.

highwhey
08-07-2021, 08:32 PM
Just on the surface, murder doesn't make sense with the brief glance at this case.

Why would he murder her? What's the motive? Covering up a rape or attempted rape doesn't make sense. He wasn't going to have sex with her on the rocks in the 110 degree heat. If he had assaulted her back at the place they were staying why would she willingly go into the desert afterwards with him? He's also a much better looking individual than she is so the odds are he probably wasn't desperate for her

doesn't look like murder, i'm sure the detectives would immediately know...but there's likely a degree of negligence involved. hence his story changing....and the getting lost part sounds suspicious bc it's difficult to get lost on that trail...especially after he said he hiked it all the time. 10am start time in July in Arizona during triple digit weather? just sounds stupid and to a certain degree, sketchy. he's lived in Phoenix for over a decade, you don't go through a summer without realizing how brutal the weather is during summer, especially as a police officer on patrol/first responder. he's likely responded to calls about homeless/regular civilians passed out from the heat...i see it often where police pull up to a passed out homeless person on the bus bench during summer.

if he was an out of towner, i'd give him the benefit of the doubt. but he's not, and he's already changed his story. i want to believe shogun's take, he was a chad that decided half way through the hike he wasn't into her...maybe that is what happened, but it just sounds sketchy, unless he really is that stupid which makes me wonder how the hell he got through life. no water during a hike in peak summer weather in Phoenix? 10am start time? he changes his story claiming he got lost after initially saying he hiked that trail all the time....something isn't adding up.

DevBooker'sMask
08-07-2021, 11:39 PM

Something is fishy about this story highwhey

72-10
08-08-2021, 12:33 AM
doesn't look like murder, i'm sure the detectives would immediately know...but there's likely a degree of negligence involved. hence his story changing....and the getting lost part sounds suspicious bc it's difficult to get lost on that trail...especially after he said he hiked it all the time. 10am start time in July in Arizona during triple digit weather? just sounds stupid and to a certain degree, sketchy. he's lived in Phoenix for over a decade, you don't go through a summer without realizing how brutal the weather is during summer, especially as a police officer on patrol/first responder. he's likely responded to calls about homeless/regular civilians passed out from the heat...i see it often where police pull up to a passed out homeless person on the bus bench during summer.

if he was an out of towner, i'd give him the benefit of the doubt. but he's not, and he's already changed his story. i want to believe shogun's take, he was a chad that decided half way through the hike he wasn't into her...maybe that is what happened, but it just sounds sketchy, unless he really is that stupid which makes me wonder how the hell he got through life. no water during a hike in peak summer weather in Phoenix? 10am start time? he changes his story claiming he got lost after initially saying he hiked that trail all the time....something isn't adding up.

Interesting how he can't get his story straight. Intentionally losing her is Murder / Unintentionally losing her as a first responder is gross negligence, probably Criminally Negligent Manslaughter. Either way he'll probably get 12 years for this shit and he will serve them.

72-10
08-08-2021, 01:19 AM
By the way, have you considered that there's no proof of Murder? Even if the defendant admits to that crime in a court of law, it is inadmissible as proof in a court of law; a defendant may not stand as a witness to their own crime, and the defendant is the only living witness. The nearby town's residents witnessed Imminent Harm, a different crime. How will they even get a charge of Criminally Negligent Manslaughter to stick without a shred of proof? Here's what they'll do; they'll give him 12 years to think about it for a conviction of Imminent Harm - in a prison.

highwhey
08-08-2021, 01:36 AM
why is always some autistic alt following me around? :facepalm

And1AllDay
08-08-2021, 02:17 AM
why is always some autistic alt following me around? :facepalm

:oldlol::roll: must be fonzworth or proctor :oldlol:

Proctor
08-08-2021, 02:27 AM
:oldlol::roll: must be fonzworth or proctor :oldlol:
Sure baby boy :lol