PDA

View Full Version : Mavs fail again in free agency and refuse to understand why

90sgoat
08-03-2021, 07:01 AM
Mavs failed again in free agency, trying to get Kyle Lowry.

Ok, so let me lay it out here again:

For whatever reason, black stars in the NBA are not really down with Mavs/Dallas/Cuban/Dirk/Luka.

Let it go, totally fair, it's fine. I would also rather live in Florida than Dallas.

What is not fine is Mavs not understanding this and trying to get A and B+ black stars year after year and striking out.

You have to understand what's going on and instead focusing on Euro stars who don't seem to care as much.

Evan Fournier was available, a perfect match for Luka, olympian and star player. Why don't you go get that player?

coin24
08-03-2021, 08:18 AM
The Dallas white powers should only recruit white players..

May aswel flush hardaways contract down the toilet what a waste of money..

90sgoat
08-03-2021, 08:33 AM
The Dallas white powers should only recruit white players..

May aswel flush hardaways contract down the toilet what a waste of money..

Not at all, I'm not arguing for that at all. I'm not racist anymore since Trump lost.

I'm saying, know your niche.

Mavs could be the Euro team of the NBA and sign these euro talents and then offload them eventually. Make it their speciality to get the good euros.

dirkdiggler41
08-03-2021, 08:41 AM
First of all, why would Kyle Lowry join the Mavs, playing as a second ballhandler to the player in the league who holds the ball the most? Meanwhile, he becomes a point guard for a team that is well balanced, got veterans, and got him a clear role. Why on earth would he choose the Mavs?

Also, did Mavs even bother offering him a contract knowing they had to at least give him 30mill per year? That's a lot of money for a 35-year-old backup pointguard.

hold this L
08-03-2021, 08:53 AM
First of all, why would Kyle Lowry join the Mavs, playing as a second ballhandler to the player in the league who holds the ball the most? Meanwhile, he becomes a point guard for a team that is well balanced, got veterans, and got him a clear role. Why on earth would he choose the Mavs?

Also, did Mavs even bother offering him a contract knowing they had to at least give him 30mill per year? That's a lot of money for a 35-year-old backup pointguard.

Exactly. :lol People need to realize not everyone wants to play with the biggest ballhog in the NBA (whose only 22). Has had a grand total of 2 playoff series in his career, and both rank in the top 10 highest ever in usg % in NBA history. His allstar teammate already hates playing with him and judging by last season doesn't even want to play for him. Then you have a 11-year coach who had the president's backing still quit and join go join a worse team. Why do people think that is? Because I sure as hell don't remember him coaching his team to play super iso ball before Luka got there.

Why the f*ck would Lowry want to play with Luka?

LAL
08-03-2021, 08:56 AM
Why do black stars not want to move to Dallas? Is it bad?

90sgoat
08-03-2021, 09:05 AM
Why do black stars not want to move to Dallas? Is it bad?

They just don't want to, it's pretty obvious, no need to speculate why, but they don't.

90sgoat
08-03-2021, 09:07 AM
Exactly. :lol People need to realize not everyone wants to play with the biggest ballhog in the NBA (whose only 22). Has had a grand total of 2 playoff series in his career, and both rank in the top 10 highest ever in usg % in NBA history. His allstar teammate already hates playing with him and judging by last season doesn't even want to play for him. Then you have a 11-year coach who had the president's backing still quit and join go join a worse team. Why do people think that is? Because I sure as hell don't remember him coaching his team to play super iso ball before Luka got there.

Why the f*ck would Lowry want to play with Luka?

I don't know why Lowry would want to play for Luka either.

Except of course that Luka is the biggest basketball talent since Michael Jordan.

I imagine someone might want to be the Kareem to Magic in terms of leadership, but there seems to be other things at play.

The thing is, Mavs have to understand this, they have to stop trying to get the hot girls and go for the homely girl with the big tits hidden behind loose clothes.

Kblaze8855
08-03-2021, 09:43 AM
So the issue is racial…black Americans…. but I kept reading he doesn’t get along with the big Russian white guy who is supposed to be his sidekick.

KP is the kinda player id assume would work with a Luka or Harden. Not another playmaker unless it’s a Kyrie type who just tells Harden to be the point so he can be a scorer. Id expect a Guy who intends to play the point to choose the heat over the Mavericks. The Heat play balanced team ball and their star is totally content to have 12 points and win barely getting the ball. Luka might be content too but we don’t see him just step back and let others play the way Jimmy often does. Throw in Bam on D and finishing plays….and they have good young pieces. And a steady long term coach who has league wide respect instead of whatever just happened with Rick walking out on Dallas.

Id play for Miami as a good point over the Mavs all day.

imdaman99
08-03-2021, 09:47 AM
I don't know how well Luka is gonna do with another star. Not that Lowry is a star but he's a solid piece. He could have helped them a lot because he has a lot of intangibles.

Jasper
08-03-2021, 09:52 AM
quite frankly a Ibaka PF or SG Roizen type player would be better fit...