View Full Version : The Lakers are proof Giannis is incredible

hiphopanonymous
08-03-2021, 06:04 PM
Westbrook
Melo
LeBron
AD
Dwight and Marc Gasol

Looks like Lakers have decided 2 or 3 aging perennial all stars no longer enough, gotta turn the dial all the way up to max these days recruiting former MVP's and scoring champs, rebounding champs DPOYS etc and yet still Giannis wins in a toxic NBA climate like this with a young organically developed core :oldlol:

Jay-B
08-03-2021, 06:12 PM
Lol this would of happen regardless of who won, Lakers were coming back with vengeance for all their injuries last season. And Giannis would never be a champion if it wasn’t for a asterisk injury riddled year. A healthy Nets team is beating the Bucks in 5 next year.

Lebron23
08-03-2021, 06:30 PM
Lol this would of happen regardless of who won, Lakers were coming back with vengeance for all their injuries last season. And Giannis would never be a champion if it wasn’t for a asterisk injury riddled year. A healthy Nets team is beating the Bucks in 5 next year.

Healthy nets and current heat would beat the bucks next year. Bucks are the weakest NBA champion in the last 10 years.

NBAGOAT
08-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Well I’m sure the bucks are doing something, they still have mle. Might be someone safe like Danny green or high risk like oladipo

TheCorporation
08-03-2021, 06:35 PM
LeBron

Lebron23
08-03-2021, 06:37 PM
LeBron

Bucks won't repeat. 2nd round fodder next year.

ScottieQuitting
08-03-2021, 06:39 PM
More Help

ShawkFactory
08-03-2021, 06:41 PM
I think they’re probably more concerned with the Nets...

Gohan
08-03-2021, 08:01 PM
We didnt need the lakers to tell us giannis was incredible. He did that himself despite what a hater might say

GrayGoat
08-03-2021, 08:03 PM
Pretty sure the Celtics could beat the bucks next year

RRR3
08-03-2021, 08:36 PM
Westbrook
Melo
LeBron
AD
Dwight and Marc Gasol

Looks like Lakers have decided 2 or 3 aging perennial all stars no longer enough, gotta turn the dial all the way up to max these days recruiting former MVP's and scoring champs, rebounding champs DPOYS etc and yet still Giannis wins in a toxic NBA climate like this with a young organically developed core :oldlol:
Are we supposed to be impressed by the Lakers signing scrubs like Melo? Do you think Marc Gasol or Dwight are anything more than role players rn?

Pip' N Rodman
08-03-2021, 08:41 PM
LeBron and AD are the only players on the roster that are Top 50 players in the league

warriorfan
08-03-2021, 08:42 PM
LeBron doesn’t have a dick anywhere near as big as Giannis. It’s just that simple.

dankok8
08-03-2021, 09:02 PM
These Lakers have 5 first ballot HOFers... albeit only 3 near their primes but still.

No excuses!

coastalmarker99
08-03-2021, 09:04 PM
These Lakers have 5 first ballot HOFers... albeit only 3 near their primes but still.

No excuses!

They are a very old team and in my eyes it would be a miracle if they win the title this season.

Cold soul
08-03-2021, 09:09 PM
LeBron and AD are the only players on the roster that are Top 50 players in the league

I'm pretty sure Westbrook is top 50 player in NBA right now. :oldlol:

RRR3
08-03-2021, 09:16 PM
Not with that efficiency he’s not.

Full Court
08-03-2021, 09:37 PM
Healthy nets and current heat would beat the bucks next year. Bucks are the weakest NBA champion in the last 10 years.

Beating the Suns this year was a whole lot more impressive than beating the Heat last year.

ArbitraryWater
08-03-2021, 09:43 PM
what do you mean "and yet still" ? did Giannis beat this team?

Lol

ArbitraryWater
08-03-2021, 09:43 PM

yeah lol, top 20 obviously.

Jasper
08-03-2021, 09:56 PM

speaking from a Collison fan

RRR3
08-03-2021, 10:01 PM
yeah lol, top 20 obviously.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Curry
Giannis
KD
LeBron
Harden
Kawhi
Jokic
Embiid
Doncic
AD
Paul George
Butler
Lillard
Kyrie
Tatum
Trae
CP3
Gobert
Mitchell
Beal
Bam Adebayo
Klay (if healthy)
Jaylen Brown
Middleton
Zion

Who you taking 33 year Brickbrook over?

Gileraracer
08-04-2021, 09:08 AM
Lebron needs more help ASAP. Has been like that for 17 years

3ba11
08-04-2021, 09:14 AM
Westbrook
Melo
LeBron
AD
Dwight and Marc Gasol

Since 1980, any ring won by Lakers players are fake, colluded rings.. including Kobe's.. All Lakers are tumbling down my rankings becuase I realize how manufactured their rings are.

Since Magic entered the league, the league has basically been a Lakers league where the powers that be conspire to send all the talent to LA... So the Lakers never have more than a few down years before they get all the talent again.

ShawkFactory
08-04-2021, 09:22 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Curry
Giannis
KD
LeBron
Harden
Kawhi
Jokic
Embiid
Doncic
AD
Paul George
Butler
Lillard
Kyrie
Tatum
Trae
CP3
Gobert
Mitchell
Beal
Bam Adebayo
Klay (if healthy)
Jaylen Brown
Middleton
Zion

It's funny how Russ is all of a sudden a superstar again :lol

I don't think we'll see any anti-Lebron guys use the term Westbrick anymore.

And as for you list, you forgot Booker and KAT. KAT is arguable because of the injuries but if healthy I think most would probably take him.

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2021, 09:26 AM
It's funny how Russ is all of a sudden a superstar again :lol

I don't think we'll see any anti-Lebron guys use the term Westbrick anymore.

And as for you list, you forgot Booker and KAT. KAT is arguable because of the injuries but if healthy I think most would probably take him.

what chu mean again? :oldlol:

when did he apparently go from star to bum?

Shogon
08-04-2021, 09:31 AM

Curry
Giannis
KD
LeBron
Harden
Kawhi
Jokic
Embiid
Doncic
AD
Paul George
Butler
Lillard
Kyrie
Tatum
Trae
CP3
Gobert
Mitchell
Beal
Bam Adebayo
Klay (if healthy)
Jaylen Brown
Middleton
Zion

So here's where this conversation gets tricky... Westbrook already peaked, we know that, but do you think any of the bolded guys could carry a mediocre roster the way Westbrook can?

HELL TO THE NO. Not even at 33.

But would most of them play as better specific roles on championship teams? Probably so.

So what does best even really mean? No one can ever really answer this question, because I'm not even sure there's a knowable answer.

But playing a role or not playing a role there are a few players on the bolded that I absolutely would not take over Westbrook for 1 year, lol.

ShawkFactory
08-04-2021, 09:38 AM
So here's where this conversation gets tricky... Westbrook already peaked, we know that, but do you think any of the bolded guys could carry a mediocre roster the way Westbrook can?

But would most of them play as better specific roles on championship teams? Probably so.

So what does best even really mean? No one can ever really answer this question, because I'm not even sure there's a knowable answer.

But playing a role or not playing a role there are a few players on the bolded that I absolutely would not take over Westbrook for 1 year, lol.

It's who would you rather have on your team. At least for me.

I don't think any team would trade any of guys you've bolded for Westbrook for the upcoming year. Even the non championship contenders.

He might get you a few wins in the regular season because his energy will carry you on nights when other teams are facing back to backs or aren't into the game for whatever reason. But once things slow down I think any team would take their chances with their guy, because at least there might be something special. With Westbrook you know exactly what you're going to get, and at this point I don't think it's going to help you win in the playoffs.

RRR3
08-04-2021, 11:40 AM

I don’t think you realize how bad his efficiency is now that he can’t shoot FTs. WB back when he could shoot FTs yeah I’d take him over many on the list. But he can’t now. Also he’s 33 and declining. He just was unable to get to .500 with Bradley Beal in the weak East so I’m not sure why you still think he has the same impact he used to. Lol at CP3 being less able to carry a mediocre roster btw.

3ba11
08-04-2021, 11:55 AM
I don’t think you realize how bad his efficiency is now that he can’t shoot FTs. WB back when he could shoot FTs yeah I’d take him over many on the list. But he can’t now. Also he’s 33 and declining. He just was unable to get to .500 with Bradley Beal in the weak East so I’m not sure why you still think he has the same impact he used to. Lol at CP3 being less able to carry a mediocre roster btw.

Westbrook doubles Pippen in every category, with the same horrific efficiency (actually pippen's was worse)

So Jordan/Westbrook would win every year, while Lebron/Westbrook/AD isn't even favored.

bullettooth
08-04-2021, 12:02 PM
It's as if there's only one team in the league.... sigh.

ShawkFactory
08-04-2021, 12:04 PM
It's as if there's only one team in the league.... sigh.

36, 37, 37, 38, 34, 29

Those will be the ages of the Lakers top 6 guys by the time the playoffs start next year. In case you were too worried.

bullettooth
08-04-2021, 12:15 PM
36, 37, 37, 38, 34, 29

Those will be the ages of the Lakers top 6 guys by the time the playoffs start next year. In case you were too worried.

Im not worried, im just sick of everyone obsessing over the Lakers. GOD FORBID one of the 29 other teams gets some attention.

Shogon
08-04-2021, 12:19 PM
Im not worried, im just sick of everyone obsessing over the Lakers. GOD FORBID one of the 29 other teams gets some attention.

Says the guy that almost exclusively posts about a single player that plays on the Lakers.

Says the guy whose avatar is of said player.

The extreme lack of introspection is suffocating.

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Should have never taken you off of ignore, back to it you go, lol.

bullettooth
08-04-2021, 12:26 PM
Says the guy that almost exclusively posts about a single player that plays on the Lakers.

Says the guy whose avatar is of said player.

The extreme lack of introspection is suffocating.

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Should have never taken you off of ignore, back to it you go, lol.

I hope this guys keeps me ignored.

Sensei Lawrence
08-04-2021, 03:10 PM

Raptors, Heat, Cavs hold that title

Lebron23
08-04-2021, 03:12 PM
Raptors, Heat, Cavs hold that title

2016 Cavaliers would beat the bucks in 5 games. Bucks beat some injured teams in the playoffs.

k0kakw0rld
08-04-2021, 03:22 PM
Giannis did not beat anybody. He did not prove anything. Nets are fully healthy he is not beating them. So what exactly has he proven?

ScottieQuitting
08-04-2021, 03:41 PM
Only cowards hop franchises in free agency. That’s small dick energy.

Airupthere
08-04-2021, 04:04 PM
Giannis did not beat anybody. He did not prove anything. Nets are fully healthy he is not beating them. So what exactly has he proven?

The nets fully healthy is an anomaly. He has proven that if these stars don't act like ******* and superteam, then the likes of giannis can beat them fair and square.

2much_knowledge
08-05-2021, 03:25 AM
LeBron

Nobody's questioning who you blow 24/7. They talking about giannis

k0kakw0rld
08-05-2021, 03:52 AM
The nets fully healthy is an anomaly. He has proven that if these stars don't act like ******* and superteam, then the likes of giannis can beat them fair and square.
80% Durant almost beat the Bucks. Now let's act like Jrue Holiday is not arguably the best perimeter defender in the league. Let's pretend Middleton did not ball. Like what are we doing here?

And Kawhi did not prove that when the Raptors built a wall in 2019? Giannis is not the first guy to win without having to form a superteam.
Stop boosting Giannis like he is some type of savior. NONSENSE.

3ba11
08-05-2021, 06:55 AM
80% Durant almost beat the Bucks. Now let's act like Jrue Holiday is not arguably the best perimeter defender in the league. Let's pretend Middleton did not ball. Like what are we doing here?

And Kawhi did not prove that when the Raptors built a wall in 2019? Giannis is not the first guy to win without having to form a superteam.

The benefit of super-teams is favorite status in Year 1, like Lebron's Heat or Cavs (11' and 15')..

Otoh, Giannis built a 15-win team to champions over many years by learning to play with Middleton and developing a team identity and brand of basketball.

That's the learning curve of winning an organic title.. The talent doesn't matter as much compared to the team simply getting really good at playing together and developing a way to win that works... Giannis completed this learning curve, while Lebron never did - Lebron only learned to team-hop and never learned to WIN (organic).

Ne 1
08-05-2021, 01:34 PM
The benefit of super-teams is favorite status in Year 1, like Lebron's Heat or Cavs (11' and 15')..

Otoh, Giannis built a 15-win team to champions over many years by learning to play with Middleton and developing a team identity and brand of basketball.

That's the learning curve of winning an organic title.. The talent doesn't matter as much compared to the team simply getting really good at playing together and developing a way to win that works... Giannis completed this learning curve, while Lebron never did - Lebron only learned to team-hop and never learned to WIN (organic).

Y’all really keep trying to reimagine the Giannis/Bucks situation as a love story about preservation.

They traded the whole squad just like any other team to keep Giannis from walking. https://news.yahoo.com/bucks-went-underrated-1-time-172959172.html

Airupthere
08-05-2021, 01:43 PM

Lol, is that what this is all about? Getting Kawhi praises for 2019? I don't know about everyone else but that is one of the finals that I did enjoy watching. The difference between Giannis and Kawhi is that Giannis did it with a team that he committed himself to. That is rare nowadays. Plus just having almost the certainty of having a Nets/Lakers or Nets/Clippers finals just because of how dominant these lineups supposedly were. The injuries simply normalized the competition. I'm not hating on the 2019 raptors. I respect that one as well.

8Ball
08-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Only cowards hop franchises in free agency. That’s small dick energy.

2002 and 2003

3ba11
08-05-2021, 08:27 PM
Y’all really keep trying to reimagine the Giannis/Bucks situation as a love story about preservation.

They traded the whole squad just like any other team to keep Giannis from walking. https://news.yahoo.com/bucks-went-underrated-1-time-172959172.html

Giannis and Middleton raised each other from babies, while Budenholzer helped them develop championship strategy and facilitated their learning curve on how to fit with teammates.. Lebron never climbed this learning curve of learning to win (organic) - he literally doesn't know how to win and only team-hopped

Btw, Barkley now thinks MJ is goat because he says "let's not act like Lebron didn't stack his teams, while guys like Giannis and MJ didn't"

SATAN
08-05-2021, 08:30 PM
Giannis is gonna get exposed in the playoffs again. Doubt he makes it out the East.

SaintzFury13
08-05-2021, 08:44 PM

Curry
Giannis
KD
LeBron
Harden
Kawhi
Jokic
Embiid
Doncic
AD
Paul George
Butler
Lillard
Kyrie
Tatum
Trae
CP3
Gobert
Mitchell
Beal
Bam Adebayo
Klay (if healthy)
Jaylen Brown
Middleton
Zion

I would take Westbrook over Kyrie tbh.

3ba11
08-05-2021, 08:48 PM
Giannis is gonna get exposed in the playoffs again. Doubt he makes it out the East.

It takes colluded super-teams to beat Giannis, aka cheating.

If everyone had an organic cast, Giannis is superior to Lebron or KD, who needed super-teams.. Lebron and KD never won without super-teams as the clear-cut top producer.

ShawkFactory
08-05-2021, 08:54 PM
I would take Westbrook over Kyrie tbh.

For the regular season? Sure.

If it’s in a big game I’ll take shot-making over one dumbass decision after another

3ba11
08-05-2021, 09:01 PM
For the regular season? Sure.

If it’s in a big game I’ll take shot-making over one dumbass decision after another

You used to say Kyrie sucked.. don't make me start posting the stuff you said about him

SATAN
08-05-2021, 09:14 PM

If everyone had an organic cast, Giannis is superior to Lebron or KD, who needed super-teams.. Lebron and KD never won without super-teams as the clear-cut top producer.

68th pick Nikos Galis dropped 50 on MJ.

Ne 1
08-06-2021, 06:29 AM
Giannis and Middleton raised each other from babies, while Budenholzer helped them develop championship strategy and facilitated their learning curve on how to fit with teammates.. Lebron never climbed this learning curve of learning to win (organic) - he literally doesn't know how to win and only team-hopped

Btw, Barkley now thinks MJ is goat because he says "let's not act like Lebron didn't stack his teams, while guys like Giannis and MJ didn't"

Ok… Giannis was a project player when drafted and Middleton was drafted by Detroit and wound up in the G-League considered as not having much upsize… So if Giannis or Middleton never panned out it was a no loss situation…

Lebron was in high school on nationally televised games in high school (I know I said it twice). Drafted No 1 and literally had the weight of Cleveland on his shoulders…

Budenholzer came from the tree of Pop, which is a fruitful tree and honestly had no pressure on him tucked away off in Milwaukee…

Truth of the matter when it came time for Giannis to resign they dumped the current roster and brought in who. They brought in… That’s not organic, that’s keeping your star happy so he won’t ghost…

Lebron had who exactly on the bench as Coaches? As GMs? As Owners?

And team hopping? He’s never asked to be or never been traded. He honored his contracts. Left each time under player options so what exactly is the issue with Team Hopping as y’all like to say?

Dude came out as a high schooler so he got more freedom to go wherever he liked once that rookie contract ended… like when end of career players get together it’s like hell yeah! Lebron does it and he’s breaking some rule it seems…

Giannis and MJ didn’t have to buuuuut they also had Owners, GM and coaches that made it not necessary… big difference…

SouBeachTalents
08-06-2021, 07:18 AM
You used to say Kyrie sucked.. don't make me start posting the stuff you said about him
Yeah, you're really the last poster on the forum who should be threatening that shit

https://i.ibb.co/BqKyxb9/Screenshot-2021-07-20-180658.png

Now less than a year later he claims Giannis is a top 10 player of all time :lol Biggest clown on the forum

RRR3
08-06-2021, 07:31 AM
Yeah, you're really the last poster on the forum who should be threatening that shit

https://i.ibb.co/BqKyxb9/Screenshot-2021-07-20-180658.png

Now less than a year later he claims Giannis is a top 10 player of all time :lol Biggest clown on the forum
“Giannis is absolute trash” :roll: :roll: :roll:

Who says stuff like that with a straight face? Even before this playoffs Giannis was one of the most dominant players of all time just considering prime level of play.

Shogon
08-06-2021, 08:54 AM
“Giannis is absolute trash” :roll: :roll: :roll:

Who says stuff like that with a straight face? Even before this playoffs Giannis was one of the most dominant players of all time just considering prime level of play.

3ball is a troll account.

People argue with him as if it's not, but it is.

Jasper
08-06-2021, 09:40 AM

10-4