PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Whiteside to the Jazz

RRR3
08-04-2021, 02:24 AM
Replaces Favors as Gobert’s backup.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/jazz-signing-hassan-whiteside-025032488.html

Proctor
08-04-2021, 02:42 AM
Not often the backup is better than the starter but hey...

They got Gay too, that's quietly a steal.

RRR3
08-04-2021, 02:44 AM

As a Heat fan I can tell you Whiteside is absolutely not better than Gobert. Low effort, dumb player. His stats make him look like a HOFer but he’s shit. The DeRozan of centers. Gay gives them an actual PF though should they want to start him and get more size.

RRR3
08-04-2021, 02:51 AM
I don’t see what advantages Whiteside offers over Gobert for matchup purposes. While Gobert is a high impact player we’ve seen him be neutralized by game planning in a 7 game series for years in a row now. When teams go small, he has trouble keeping up and can’t punish teams on the other end because he can’t even post up. Now Whiteside can actually punish small ball a bit but he’s completely immobile and will get destroyed way worse than Rudy on defense in a playoff setting. Additionally he makes bad decisions on defense (unlike Rudy) and is a black hole on offense. I think the Jazz should have got a mobile 3pt shooter as backup in order to have more matchup options for the playoffs.

Im Still Ballin
08-04-2021, 02:52 AM
I don’t see what advantages Whiteside offers over Gobert for matchup purposes. While Gobert is a high impact player we’ve seen him be neutralized by game planning in a 7 game series for years in a row now. When teams go small, he has trouble keeping up and can’t punish teams on the other end because he can’t even post up. Now Whiteside can actually punish small ball a bit but he’s completely immobile and will get destroyed way worse than Rudy on defense in a playoff setting. Additionally he makes bad decisions on defense (unlike Rudy) and is a black hole on offense. I think the Jazz should have got a mobile 3pt shooter as backup in order to have more matchup options for the playoffs.

Break up your paragraphs.

RRR3
08-04-2021, 02:53 AM
Break up your paragraphs.
No.

HylianNightmare
08-04-2021, 02:55 AM
Dude got like one great contract and a bunch of minimums after that. Hope he invested but based on what I've seen of him he hasn't

Xiao Yao You
08-04-2021, 06:28 AM

not often just when they are Gobert's backup. Favors was better too remember? :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
08-04-2021, 06:30 AM
As a Heat fan I can tell you Whiteside is absolutely not better than Gobert. Low effort, dumb player. His stats make him look like a HOFer but he’s shit. The DeRozan of centers. Gay gives them an actual PF though should they want to start him and get more size.

they should but won't. Same coach.

Bojan should be moved to the bench. O'Neale back to the wing. Clarkson to another team.

Manny98
08-04-2021, 06:31 AM
Yikes, downgrade from Favours and they lost Niang as well :lol

Xiao Yao You
08-04-2021, 06:36 AM
Yikes, downgrade from Favours and they lost Niang as well :lol

Since Favors did nothing against the Clippers it's hard to downgrade from that. Since you don't actually watch the games you wouldn't know that though

coin24
08-04-2021, 06:58 AM
they should but won't. Same coach.

Bojan should be moved to the bench. O'Neale back to the wing. Clarkson to another team.

Imagine relying on the clarktard :lol

Manny98
08-04-2021, 07:12 AM
Since Favors did nothing against the Clippers it's hard to downgrade from that. Since you don't actually watch the games you wouldn't know that though

Whiteside is awful at least Favours is competent coming off the bench

Utah got worse this off-season.

Xiao Yao You
08-04-2021, 07:33 AM
Imagine relying on the clarktard :lol

imagine keeping the coach that relies on him

Xiao Yao You
08-04-2021, 07:34 AM
Whiteside is awful at least Favours is competent coming off the bench

Utah got worse this off-season.

Favors did nothing against the Clippers. Whiteside is at least cheap. Gay makes the Jazz better even if the coach is too smart to start him

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2021, 07:43 AM
they should bench Gobert.

Xiao Yao You
08-04-2021, 08:31 AM
they should bench Gobert.

from best record to tanking? :facepalm

RRR3
08-04-2021, 12:07 PM
I know you don’t like Favors but unless Whiteside changes how he plays you’ll probably dislike him more. He can put up similar box score stats to Rudy (better even) but his impact isn’t even remotely close to Gobert’s because Gobert plays defense and isn’t a black hole. Maybe he’ll be motivated on a contender though idk. He wasn’t on the Heat.

DoctorP
08-04-2021, 02:09 PM
Terrible signing for the Jazz. I don't see the fit at all.

Bad start to the Wade era.

MrFonzworth
08-04-2021, 06:32 PM
Breaking: OP still unemployed

Smoke117
08-04-2021, 06:39 PM
He's only on a minimum salary so there's no harm in giving him a chance

DoctorP
08-04-2021, 06:41 PM
He's only on a minimum salary so there's no harm in giving him a chance

the Jazz's system is one of the worst places for him to land but maybe they will adjust their scheme after getting clobbered. :confusedshrug:

That may help not only Whitey but Gobert.

Xiao Yao You
08-04-2021, 08:03 PM
I know you don’t like Favors but unless Whiteside changes how he plays you’ll probably dislike him more. He can put up similar box score stats to Rudy (better even) but his impact isn’t even remotely close to Gobert’s because Gobert plays defense and isn’t a black hole. Maybe he’ll be motivated on a contender though idk. He wasn’t on the Heat.

don't have anything against Favors. Needed a PF and signed a backup center who sucked most of the year and especially in the Clippers series. Whiteside makes minimum not 10 million. They can cut their losses with him easier

Axe
08-04-2021, 08:06 PM
Breaking: OP still unemployed
:milton

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-05-2021, 12:15 AM
I doubt much will be asked of Whiteside besides just fortifying the interior. Jazz bench alone could beat some of the NBA teams. Whiteside, Paschall, Gay, Ingles, Clarkson, Oni, Jared Butler. God...

Xiao Yao You
08-05-2021, 01:50 AM
I doubt much will be asked of Whiteside besides just fortifying the interior. Jazz bench alone could beat some of the NBA teams. Whiteside, Paschall, Gay, Ingles, Clarkson, Oni, Jared Butler. God...

that 2nd unit isn't scaring anyone