PDA

View Full Version : Teaming up doesn't equal bringing guys titles

3ba11
08-04-2021, 04:41 PM
Wade knew how to win and taught Lebron, who was perennial loser previously

So Lebron didn't bring anyone titles more then they brought him titles - teaming up doesn't equal bringing guys titles

But the media's narrative is that Lebron brought Wade, AD and Kyrie titles, while Pippen brought Jordan a title.. It's a joke yet Joe the Plumbers like ShawkFactory and RRR3 fall for it

Mr. Woke
08-04-2021, 04:42 PM
Lebron didn't bring anyone titles more then they brought him titles

Wade knew how to win and taught Lebron, who was perennial loser previously

But the media's narrative is that Lebron brought Wade, AD and Kyrie titles, while Pippen brought Jordan a title.. It's a joke yet Joe the Plumbers like ShawkFactory and RRR3 fall for it

You are severely mentally ill.

Get some help.

3ba11
08-04-2021, 04:44 PM

Get some help.

You're mentally ill.. get some help

There.. That was easy

8Ball
08-04-2021, 04:46 PM
Jordan was a perennial loser in the 1st round until Pippen came.

Jordan never had a season above .500 without Pippen. Jordan ball is a lot like Kyrie ball.

Mr. Woke
08-04-2021, 04:47 PM
You're mentally ill.. get some help

There.. That was easy

Your obsession with LeBron is unhealthy.

3ba11
08-04-2021, 04:48 PM
Jordan was a perennial loser in the 1st round until Pippen came.

Jordan never had a season above .500 without Pippen. Jordan ball is a lot like Kyrie ball.

Jordan learned to win, while Lebron had to learn from a proven winner and end-boss (Wade)

3ba11
08-04-2021, 04:50 PM

I'm a basketball fan and skills coach, while you're a salty fan that lacks sufficient knowledge to respond without sounding like a fool, so you project with personal attacks

Axe
08-04-2021, 04:51 PM
For a 43-year old who doesn't watch modern basketball he really is.

SouBeachTalents
08-04-2021, 04:51 PM

Get some help.
I honestly wonder how long 3ball will keep at this. Will he really still be doing this shit in 5-10 years? Will people logging onto ISH in the 2030's still be seeing the exact same threads and posts he's been making since the Obama administration :lol

3ba11
08-04-2021, 04:53 PM
I honestly wonder how long 3ball will keep at this. Will he really still be doing this shit in 5-10 years? Will people logging onto ISH in the 2030's still be seeing the exact same threads and posts he's been making since the Obama administration :lol

You're on here just like me, except you don't say anything insightful.. you're just a dumb fan... Not a player, not a coach... Just a dumbass that wastes his time making useless comments and projecting onto others your own problems

Axe
08-04-2021, 04:56 PM
Op on full swing once more

8Ball
08-04-2021, 04:56 PM
Learn to win?

Where was all this winning on the Wizards without Pippen when he was finally unshackled from Pippen.

Only in his 14th and 15th year.

Completely pathetic. If LeBron's 14th and 15th year were like Jordans I'd personally drive to Bron's house and spit on his driveway.

Mr. Woke
08-04-2021, 04:58 PM
I'm a basketball fan and skills coach, while you're a salty fan that lacks sufficient knowledge to respond without sounding like a fool, so you project with personal attacks

For someone who is supposedly a basketball fan and a skills coach, you know jack shit about the game. You failed in your quest for basketball greatness; that's why you are jealous of LeBron.

You were convinced that you were gonna make it big. However, your game wasn't up to par and your attitude sucks. Instead of accepting that, you blame others for your shortcomings.

3ba11
08-04-2021, 05:00 PM
Learn to win?

Where was all this winning on the Wizards without Pippen when he was finally unshackled from Pippen.

Only in his 14th and 15th year.

Completely pathetic. If LeBron's 14th and 15th year were like Jordans I'd personally drive to Bron's house and spit on his driveway.

Perimeter ball-handlers couldn't last as long back then because they didn't have biochemists on the payroll or spend 2 million a year on their body.. They just did a little bench press in the morning and called it a day

But prime vs prime - it's no contest... Basically from their rookie year thru prime - no contest - Lebron needed more help from his rookie season and played a career of lower production rate and winning

Airupthere
08-04-2021, 05:05 PM
Wade didn't teach Lebron anything except allow lebron to test out the idea of playing in a very dominant team expected to win "not 7" rings. After that, it became obvious to lebron that superteams will be his vehicle to winning.

StrongLurk
08-04-2021, 05:09 PM
Why does OP care about a guy who isn't even in his personal top 10 list? Maybe not even in his top 20 list?

What's up with that OP?

8Ball
08-04-2021, 05:09 PM
Perimeter ball-handlers couldn't last as long back then because they didn't have biochemists on the payroll or spend 2 million a year on their body.. They just did a little bench press in the morning and called it a day

But prime vs prime - it's no contest... Basically from their rookie year thru prime - no contest - Lebron needed more help from his rookie season and played a career of lower production rate and winning

Bullshit.

Jordan in his 14th and 15th year were a complete embarrassment to the NBA.

Needed to play in a historically weak 90s with expansion teams and no other super team in order to build his marketing.

If Bron had a Jordan level 14th and 15th year I'd take a shit on his lawn.

SouBeachTalents
08-04-2021, 05:12 PM
Why does OP care about a guy who isn't even in his personal top 10 list? Maybe not even in his top 20 list?

What's up with that OP?
I've said it before, but his sole obsession with LeBron and literally no other player (besides Pippen) is the greatest compliment that could be paid to LeBron. It's 100% evidence that he sees LeBron as not only a legitimate threat, but a MUCH bigger threat than any other player

StrongLurk
08-04-2021, 05:14 PM
I've said it before, but his sole obsession with LeBron and literally no other player (besides Pippen) is the greatest compliment that could be paid to LeBron. It's 100% evidence that he sees LeBron as not only a legitimate threat, but a MUCH bigger threat than any other player

That's exactly right. Lebron is the second best player ever and the closest threat to MJ, so OP cannot get enough of MJ dick sucking and Lebron hate fantasies.

Axe
08-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Like what's previously been said, not even doxxing him with the names of his family members would be able to stop his insanity.

3ba11
08-04-2021, 05:54 PM
Like what's previously been said, not even doxxing him with the names of his family members would be able to stop his insanity.

You're closing in on 19,000 posts in just over 1 year - 50 posts a day - so this is all you do.... all day... Otoh, I actually have a life and do things aside from posting on here everyday..

And the worst thing is that your posts are completely useless - they offer zero insight and are just kiddy posts like a junior higher would post.. you obviously get zero *****.

Regarding the doxxing - I could care less - I want people to know who I am

MrFonzworth
08-04-2021, 06:31 PM
You're closing in on 19,000 posts in just over 1 year - 50 posts a day - so this is all you do.... all day... Otoh, I actually have a life and do things aside from posting on here everyday..

And the worst thing is that your posts are completely useless - they offer zero insight and are just kiddy posts like a junior higher would post.. you obviously get zero *****.

Sure bud, we all believe you:cheers:

SouBeachTalents
08-04-2021, 06:33 PM
Sure bud, we all believe you:cheers:
What's hilarious about that meltdown is he posts virtually the same amount of times per day as Axe does :lol

AirBonner
08-04-2021, 06:42 PM
What's hilarious about that meltdown is he posts virtually the same amount of times per day as Axe does :lol

Axe RR3 Mr. Woke and more. I don’t care for 3ball but he’s not on that level of posting lol

coastalmarker99
08-04-2021, 07:24 PM
I think the big thing people forget is the insane "team friendly" deal Pippen signed as it basically opened the doors for a lot of moves that the Bulls did

coastalmarker99
08-04-2021, 07:36 PM
Sam Smith [David Falk, Jordan's agent] always had this fantasy that he could pull all his players on the same team -- his biggest players -- and control that team. It would be like a shadow GM. I think that was kind of a dream of David's.

People act like Kobe and Jordan would just twiddle away wasting their entire lives on the team that drafted them if they landed on those garbage Cavs lol. They both had multiple times where they wanted out despite the far better situations they were in

SouBeachTalents
08-04-2021, 07:38 PM
Sam Smith [David Falk, Jordan's agent] always had this fantasy that he could pull all his players on the same team -- his biggest players -- and control that team. It would be like a shadow GM. I think that was kind of a dream of David's.

People act like Kobe and Jordan would just twiddle away wasting their entire lives on the team that drafted them if they landed on those garbage Cavs lol. They both had multiple times where they wanted out despite the far better situations they were in
Kobe wanted out after just 3 seasons of being on a non contender :lol Not a chance in the world he would ever stay in Cleveland

coastalmarker99
08-04-2021, 07:41 PM
Kobe wanted out after just 3 seasons of being on a non contender :lol Not a chance in the world he would ever stay in Cleveland

In the 1996 offseason, the Knicks offered Jordan a deal with side endorsements adding up to more than the salary cap (which the NBA allowed despite being cap circumvention, because hey it's MJ), and Jordan gave the Bulls 24 hours to match.

So Jordan had agreed in principle to go form a superteam with Ewing's Knicks, but since Chicago matched he's good and gets the loyalty narrative.

I like Jordan, but can you imagine the shitstorm if Adam Silver let LeBron alone break the CBA to get what he wants?

Axe
08-04-2021, 07:42 PM
You guys don't see me flaunt about these posting statistics tho as i use the mobile version of the board. And i'm not exclusively posting about kong or pippen too anyway. Plus, i don't have alts or dups unlike many other posters here. :confusedshrug:

Wally450
08-04-2021, 07:43 PM
Jordan good, LeBron bad. OP's logic.

Axe
08-04-2021, 07:44 PM

Yet you have more than 30k of posting exclusively about kong or pippen. Yep, that's called having a life. Sure thing bub.

coastalmarker99
08-04-2021, 07:45 PM

I remember between 2005 and 2009. Cavs literally just sat on their hands and did nothing to surround Lebron with great pieces around him.

It wasn't until the Redeem Team trip that the Cavs front office started doing anything as they realised that Lebron would be a FA soon in 2010.

I remember being bewildered that the Lakers and Cavs had arguably the two best players in 2007 and neither were doing anything with them.

The point I am trying making that when the Cavs had young Lebron. They literally did nothing to add talent around him even the one decent young talent they had in Boozer they screwed up by letting him become a FA for no reason that benefitted them.

coastalmarker99
08-04-2021, 07:48 PM
Literally 4/5 starters on the 1996 Bulls are in the HOF and they were coached by Phil Jackson who is the GOAT coach lol

I’m not even saying that Bron is better than MJ but the cognitive dissonance people show when comparing the two of them is absurd.

lakerstekkenn
08-04-2021, 07:58 PM
James didn't want to wait 10 more years just to win one ring, so he got together with another player joining the Heat with Wade already a champion, everyone was upset until they lost to Dallas then everyone calmed down and they then lost to The Spurs and everyone was okay, they only won 3 rings together but James wasn't getting any credit until he won on his own and he did this back in Cleveland not only did he get Cleveland a Title he beat a team that beat the Chicago Jordan Bulls best regular season team record and Golden State was already an NBA champion proven great team, so everyone forgot Miami and he got his championship, then he kept going back to the finals with Cleveland but losing, then everyone questioned him leaving Cleveland to La to play for the Lakers because he didn't trust Cleveland to get him more help and his investments companies movies, he understood The Lakers would bend backwards pay crazy money to bring in help something Cleveland probably wouldn't do.

He won again, so nothing more to prove except he wants to catch at least Kobe with 5, possibly Jordan but highly unlikely because of his current age.

The debate is how good is he ? Jordan ? nope Kobe some say nope some say yes because he hasn't passed Kobe just yet. depends on their taste in Basketball.

His problem is all star player colluding, getting together to build a super team with other all stars & leaving his home team Cleveland, just so it would be easier to win rings when the whole point is to win on your current home team and the struggle together with your City & fans, Kobe went through this also but stayed and won two championships.

Shaq left Orlando also but unlike Shaq James went to Miami joining Wade and bringing in Bosh, two all stars already Kobe was a fresh kid from high school so he's just a rookie with talent that air balled shots his first year but grew into something great.

But James strength is team jumping and sill winning rings and making the finals over and over again, but since he didn't play his entire career in Cleveland and win multiple championships then retire in Cleveland with 6 or 7 rings there's fans who just can't give him credit while in Miami but credit while winning in Cleveland and La, so his legacy is tarnished unlike Kobe and Jordan and others just like Durant tarnished his legacy but now he's trying to rebuild it in Brooklyn with his play,but him joining another all star, isn't as bad as joining Golden State.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
08-04-2021, 08:27 PM
Brooklyn was 1inch away from beating the Bucks and of Harden or Kyrie didnt get injured they would be the champs.

SATAN
08-04-2021, 08:37 PM

It's actually sad when you imagine how many hours of his life he wasted on someone he obviously doesn't like. It might be even sadder when you count the hours he wasted propping up MJ...A notoriously selfish absolute stranger who played some sport and doesn't know he exists. Imagine the stories he would tell his grand kids.."Back in my day we used to spend all day online trying to annoy the LeBron fans! Even when I got banned..I always came back to troll them!"

What an absolute moron of a person. An absolute waste of life.

coastalmarker99
08-05-2021, 01:53 AM
Here is a question I have for 3ball can you please name me one western squad that MJ ever had to play against who was dominant?

'91 Lakers weren't even supposed to make the Finals and then Worthy got hurt

'92 Blazers were habitual chokers
'93 Suns were a no-defence team that never even made it past the 2nd round in any other season
'
96 Sonics had lost in the 1st round the previous year and never got past the 2nd round again

'97/'98 Jazz were 35yo habitual losers who had never once made a Finals until everyone else aged out

none of those teams were stacked champions like the Spurs, and Warriors who Lebron had to face.

coastalmarker99
08-05-2021, 02:00 AM
And 3ball here is another question for you.

After IT got hurt and the Bad Boys faded out of the picture.

The best teams MJ had to beat in the East were the Knicks and the Pacers.

Teams that never really did jack shyt. When MJ retired in '93 and then again in '98, did any of those tough Eastern Conference opponents proceed to win titles?

The answer to that question is nope.

coastalmarker99
08-05-2021, 02:05 AM
How can Jordan stans talk about him facing better competition than Lebron when the NBA was adding 6 expansion teams in the middle of Jordan's prime.

In a league where barely any teams had two all-stars, the 1990's Bulls had two top 10 players for the duration of their prime and a bunch of solid role players. Went from Horace Grant and BJ Armstrong to Toni Kukoc and Dennis Rodman.

The Bulls nearly won 60 games in the season Jordan was playing baseball with a dude from the Italian league replacing him. In terms of talent, the 1990s were arguably the worst era in NBA history.

In all honestly how many finals is Jordan going to if he along with the rest of his 1990's Bulls teams played in the 1980s east against Dr. J/Moses 76er's, Bird Celtics, Isiah's Pistons even them 80's Bucks team were nice.

In the '90s Jordan's teams were stacked compared to everyone else, Pippen/Grant was better than every other teams 2nd/ 3rd options.

hell even BJ Armstrong used to get bucket's too and that's just on the first 3 peat squad.

Axe
08-05-2021, 02:42 AM
It's actually sad when you imagine how many hours of his life he wasted on someone he obviously doesn't like. It might be even sadder when you count the hours he wasted propping up MJ...A notoriously selfish absolute stranger who played some sport and doesn't know he exists. Imagine the stories he would tell his grand kids.."Back in my day we used to spend all day online trying to annoy the LeBron fans! Even when I got banned..I always came back to troll them!"

What an absolute moron of a person. An absolute waste of life.
The absolute irony of a renowned troll composing this.

Lebron23
08-05-2021, 03:08 AM
Coastalmarket99 is owning this thread.

coastalmarker99
08-05-2021, 07:42 AM
“Michael Jordan wanted UNC teammate Joe Wolf”

Jerry Krause drafted Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant despite MJ’s wishes in 1987

Jerry Krause trusted his better judgement to draft Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant in 1987, despite Michael Jordan insisting on Joe Wolf.

The Chicago Bulls became a team with dynasty potential in this very draft. The likes of Reggie Miller, David Robinson and Kevin Johnson were also selected in the same draft class.

Jerry Krause had long set his eye on Scottie Pippen. The Central Arkansas small forward had displayed top-5 pick potential. The Bulls only had the no. 8 and the no. 10 picks in the draft.

The Seattle SuperSonics selected Scottie Pippen with the no. 5 pick in the draft. Krause traded his no. 8 pick and future draft considerations in exchange for his target.

It turned out to be one of the most lopsided deals in league history. Pippen emerged as one of the greatest small forwards of all time, revolutionizing his position.

Scottie was one of the pillars of the team alongside MJ. He did a ton of the things that won the games without showing up on the score sheet. In addition to being the primary facilitator in the triangle offence, he was a Swiss Knife when needed on offence.

But Michael Jordan wanted Jerry Krause to draft Joe Wolf

The former Tar Heels guard had developed camaraderie with Joe Wolf in his junior year. Wolf was a rookie at the time. He went on to have a successful 4-year career at UNC.

Wolf was selected by the Los Angeles Clippers with the no. 13 pick. Krause’s decision to pick Horace Grant at the power forward position was a no-brainer. Grant had submitted a campaign culminating in ACC Player of the Year honours.

coastalmarker99
08-05-2021, 07:45 AM
Michael Jordan Once Pushed The Bulls To Make A Trade By Saying 'I Need Help'

According to Jerry Krause

Jordan liked to belittle Cartwright in the locker room. He’d imitate Cartwright’s unorthodox shooting style with wild exaggerated moves that left many of his teammates trying to stifle laughter when Cartwright was nearby. Cartwright would just look away and blame immaturity.

But Jordan went one step too far that first season. He was angry over the Bulls’ slow start and had already gone to Jerry Krause during the Western trip in November to ask that he make some trades.

“I need help,” he told Krause. Krause explained the Bulls had salary cap problems, which Jordan neither understood nor cared to hear about. So he made some decisions. One was that he would have to do just that much more himself. And to do that, he couldn’t have Cartwright fouling things up, especially late in the game.

coastalmarker99
08-05-2021, 07:48 AM
JORDAN RECRUITS A POWER FORWARD

It looks like the Bulls have decided to pursue New Jersey Nets free-agent power forward Jayson Williams. A five-year veteran who has played for the Nets and the 76ers, the 27-year-old Williams is a strong rebounder with few offensive skills.

At least Williams thinks the Bulls want him after getting a long sales pitch from Michael Jordan in New York last week.

"He told me all he needs is for me to rebound and he'll get me two or three rings," said Williams, who averaged 4.6 points and 3.8 rebounds last season.

"He was all over me. He said I was at the top of the list. He said, `I had to come all the way to your neighbourhood to find you.' "

Jordan met with Williams in a Greenwich Village nightclub. In fact, he even waited almost an hour to make his pitch after hearing Williams would stop in later that evening.

coastalmarker99
08-05-2021, 07:54 AM
The Bulls' run to the 1991 NBA title was certainly a team effort, from coach Phil Jackson to superstar Michael Jordan to the 12th man on the bench.

The title didn't come without hard work, angry moments, teammate jealousies and resentment toward management. Much of the unrest emerged from the dominant abilities of Jordan.

Teammates were aware of special treatment for Jordan. Coaches wanted better ball distribution. Jordan urged the front office to acquire some different players.

These exclusive excerpts from "The Jordan Rules" by Sam Smith take a detailed look at the making of the 1990-91 Bulls.

Ninety minutes before the game against the San Antonio Spurs that opened a four-game Western Conference trip last Jan. 31,

Michael Jordan was sitting in front of his locker stall in the cramped visitors' locker room. He felt like one of the last defenders of the Alamo who had trod this ground some 140 years before. He'd rarely felt lower.

Jordan was holding the portable disc player he carries everywhere, and he had on his headphones. He might have been sleeping, though it was hard to tell because he was wearing dark sunglasses.

He wasn't going out to shoot before the game for the first time in more than two months. He hadn't said anything earlier in the day at shootaround.

"What's wrong with the General? " Hodges asked Horace Grant, using a nickname for the superstar as the two eyed Jordan from across the locker room. "He's been in a big-time pout all day. " "I don't know," Grant responded. "Must be some problems at home. "

In a sense, Grant was right; Jordan's dark mood stemmed from a conversation he'd had back home in Chicago - not with any family member, but with Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf.

The talk was triggered by Jordan's outburst about Jerry Krause in New Jersey.

(After learning that NBA veteran and former North Carolina Tar Heel Walter Davis had been traded to Portland and not the Bulls, Jordan responded before a game against the Nets.

"As soon as we get back, I'm calling (Jerry) Reinsdorf. Krause has messed everything up again. He can't do anything. " (Two days later before practice, Jordan took off after Krause again. "If I were general manager, we'd be a better team. ")

"I figured I'd try to put the pressure on him to do something about Krause," Jordan said about his first volley of remarks after the team returned from New Jersey in late January. His eyes were hard and cold as he spoke. "This thing isn't over. I'm gonna get that guy fired yet.

Despite the Bulls success to start off the 1990-1991 season, Jordan said he still believed the team Krause had put together lacked the ability to win a title.

Krause's recent first-round picks of Will Perdue, B.J. Armstrong and Stacey King weren't helping much; Grant was playing well, but he couldn't be trusted and neither could Pippen.

"You know he hasn't shown up for our two biggest games yet," Jordan pointed out, referring to Pippen's famous injury and migraine in those seventh games against Detroit.

Jordan said he'd warned them about trading for Dennis Hopson - even gave up money at their request - and why was all this time being spent on Toni Kukoc?

The Bulls didn't need him and he wasn't going to be any good anyway.

And Jordan thought the coaches were wrong about not needing Walter Davis. They needed the scoring off the bench, and come playoff time everyone would notice.

And if not Davis, what about Tony Campbell (of the Minnesota Timberwolves) or LaSalle Thompson (of the Indiana Pacers)? The Bulls also needed another frontcourt player.

coastalmarker99
08-05-2021, 07:58 AM
So there you have it as from these articles we have clear evidence of Jordan in his career doing the very same thing Lebron gets hated on for.

If Jordan had fully gotten his way as players do nowadays then he would have downright destroyed the 1990's Bulls dynasty as he wanted the Bulls front office to trade both Pippen and Grant for other players.

Bulls fans should be thanking God that Jerry Krause stuck to his guns and refused to give into Jordan's demands.

As with us knowing how bad Jordan is at assessing talent.

There is no chance the Bulls win 6 rings if they had let Jordan play GM as Lebron does nowadays.

SATAN
08-05-2021, 08:53 AM
Thread cliffs :applause:

8Ball
08-05-2021, 09:18 AM
“Michael Jordan wanted UNC teammate Joe Wolf”

Jerry Krause drafted Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant despite MJ’s wishes in 1987

Jerry Krause trusted his better judgement to draft Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant in 1987, despite Michael Jordan insisting on Joe Wolf.

The Chicago Bulls became a team with dynasty potential in this very draft. The likes of Reggie Miller, David Robinson and Kevin Johnson were also selected in the same draft class.

Jerry Krause had long set his eye on Scottie Pippen. The Central Arkansas small forward had displayed top-5 pick potential. The Bulls only had the no. 8 and the no. 10 picks in the draft.

The Seattle SuperSonics selected Scottie Pippen with the no. 5 pick in the draft. Krause traded his no. 8 pick and future draft considerations in exchange for his target.

It turned out to be one of the most lopsided deals in league history. Pippen emerged as one of the greatest small forwards of all time, revolutionizing his position.

Scottie was one of the pillars of the team alongside MJ. He did a ton of the things that won the games without showing up on the score sheet. In addition to being the primary facilitator in the triangle offence, he was a Swiss Knife when needed on offence.

But Michael Jordan wanted Jerry Krause to draft Joe Wolf

The former Tar Heels guard had developed camaraderie with Joe Wolf in his junior year. Wolf was a rookie at the time. He went on to have a successful 4-year career at UNC.

Wolf was selected by the Los Angeles Clippers with the no. 13 pick. Krause’s decision to pick Horace Grant at the power forward position was a no-brainer. Grant had submitted a campaign culminating in ACC Player of the Year honours.

Michael Jordan Once Pushed The Bulls To Make A Trade By Saying 'I Need Help'

According to Jerry Krause

Jordan liked to belittle Cartwright in the locker room. He’d imitate Cartwright’s unorthodox shooting style with wild exaggerated moves that left many of his teammates trying to stifle laughter when Cartwright was nearby. Cartwright would just look away and blame immaturity.

But Jordan went one step too far that first season. He was angry over the Bulls’ slow start and had already gone to Jerry Krause during the Western trip in November to ask that he make some trades.

“I need help,” he told Krause. Krause explained the Bulls had salary cap problems, which Jordan neither understood nor cared to hear about. So he made some decisions. One was that he would have to do just that much more himself. And to do that, he couldn’t have Cartwright fouling things up, especially late in the game.

JORDAN RECRUITS A POWER FORWARD

It looks like the Bulls have decided to pursue New Jersey Nets free-agent power forward Jayson Williams. A five-year veteran who has played for the Nets and the 76ers, the 27-year-old Williams is a strong rebounder with few offensive skills.

At least Williams thinks the Bulls want him after getting a long sales pitch from Michael Jordan in New York last week.

"He told me all he needs is for me to rebound and he'll get me two or three rings," said Williams, who averaged 4.6 points and 3.8 rebounds last season.

"He was all over me. He said I was at the top of the list. He said, `I had to come all the way to your neighbourhood to find you.' "

Jordan met with Williams in a Greenwich Village nightclub. In fact, he even waited almost an hour to make his pitch after hearing Williams would stop in later that evening.

The Bulls' run to the 1991 NBA title was certainly a team effort, from coach Phil Jackson to superstar Michael Jordan to the 12th man on the bench.

The title didn't come without hard work, angry moments, teammate jealousies and resentment toward management. Much of the unrest emerged from the dominant abilities of Jordan.

Teammates were aware of special treatment for Jordan. Coaches wanted better ball distribution. Jordan urged the front office to acquire some different players.

These exclusive excerpts from "The Jordan Rules" by Sam Smith take a detailed look at the making of the 1990-91 Bulls.

Ninety minutes before the game against the San Antonio Spurs that opened a four-game Western Conference trip last Jan. 31,

Michael Jordan was sitting in front of his locker stall in the cramped visitors' locker room. He felt like one of the last defenders of the Alamo who had trod this ground some 140 years before. He'd rarely felt lower.

Jordan was holding the portable disc player he carries everywhere, and he had on his headphones. He might have been sleeping, though it was hard to tell because he was wearing dark sunglasses.

He wasn't going out to shoot before the game for the first time in more than two months. He hadn't said anything earlier in the day at shootaround.

"What's wrong with the General? " Hodges asked Horace Grant, using a nickname for the superstar as the two eyed Jordan from across the locker room. "He's been in a big-time pout all day. " "I don't know," Grant responded. "Must be some problems at home. "

In a sense, Grant was right; Jordan's dark mood stemmed from a conversation he'd had back home in Chicago - not with any family member, but with Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf.

The talk was triggered by Jordan's outburst about Jerry Krause in New Jersey.

(After learning that NBA veteran and former North Carolina Tar Heel Walter Davis had been traded to Portland and not the Bulls, Jordan responded before a game against the Nets.

"As soon as we get back, I'm calling (Jerry) Reinsdorf. Krause has messed everything up again. He can't do anything. " (Two days later before practice, Jordan took off after Krause again. "If I were general manager, we'd be a better team. ")

"I figured I'd try to put the pressure on him to do something about Krause," Jordan said about his first volley of remarks after the team returned from New Jersey in late January. His eyes were hard and cold as he spoke. "This thing isn't over. I'm gonna get that guy fired yet.

Despite the Bulls success to start off the 1990-1991 season, Jordan said he still believed the team Krause had put together lacked the ability to win a title.

Krause's recent first-round picks of Will Perdue, B.J. Armstrong and Stacey King weren't helping much; Grant was playing well, but he couldn't be trusted and neither could Pippen.

"You know he hasn't shown up for our two biggest games yet," Jordan pointed out, referring to Pippen's famous injury and migraine in those seventh games against Detroit.

Jordan said he'd warned them about trading for Dennis Hopson - even gave up money at their request - and why was all this time being spent on Toni Kukoc?

The Bulls didn't need him and he wasn't going to be any good anyway.

And Jordan thought the coaches were wrong about not needing Walter Davis. They needed the scoring off the bench, and come playoff time everyone would notice.

And if not Davis, what about Tony Campbell (of the Minnesota Timberwolves) or LaSalle Thompson (of the Indiana Pacers)? The Bulls also needed another frontcourt player.

Requoted for truth.

SaintzFury13
08-05-2021, 08:18 PM
How can Jordan stans talk about him facing better competition than Lebron when the NBA was adding 6 expansion teams in the middle of Jordan's prime.

In a league where barely any teams had two all-stars, the 1990's Bulls had two top 10 players for the duration of their prime and a bunch of solid role players. Went from Horace Grant and BJ Armstrong to Toni Kukoc and Dennis Rodman.

The Bulls nearly won 60 games in the season Jordan was playing baseball with a dude from the Italian league replacing him. In terms of talent, the 1990s were arguably the worst era in NBA history.

In all honestly how many finals is Jordan going to if he along with the rest of his 1990's Bulls teams played in the 1980s east against Dr. J/Moses 76er's, Bird Celtics, Isiah's Pistons even them 80's Bucks team were nice.

In the '90s Jordan's teams were stacked compared to everyone else, Pippen/Grant was better than every other teams 2nd/ 3rd options.

hell even BJ Armstrong used to get bucket's too and that's just on the first 3 peat squad.

Throughout all of this you forgot to mention one thing: Dennis Rodman literally bailed Jordan out of the 96 Finals and prevented that 72 win Bulls team from being as big of a disappointment as the 73 win Warriors were.

3ba11
08-05-2021, 08:46 PM
If Shaq and Penny won like MJ, they would've stayed together - so don't blame MJ for guys not winning like he did.

Furthermore, every good team in the 90's either had 2 top 10 players in their prime (Shaq/Penny or Stockton/Malone), or they had a 3-all-star team (Barkley/KJ/Majerle or Kemp/Payton/Schrempf).. Jordan beat all these guys and also beat Magic/Worthy in 1991 (magic was #2 MVP and worthy was all-nba)

Finally, Pippen was the least efficient sidekick that ever won during the last 4 title runs (93' and 96-98'), so the Bulls won the last four titles IN SPITE of pippen, who averaged 17.6 on 41% for the entire 96-98' Playoffs - only Jordan had to win a bunch of rings with a sidekick that was worse than Pandemic P.

Axe
08-05-2021, 09:43 PM
Throughout all of this you forgot to mention one thing: Dennis Rodman literally bailed Jordan out of the 96 Finals and prevented that 72 win Bulls team from being as big of a disappointment as the 73 win Warriors were.
You will mostly need reliable teammates to bail you out in desperate times. I'm not fond of the op but he'll just claim that the very same logic also applies to your hero, especially in 2013 and 2016. Same thing goes for many lesser significant players as well.

Axe
08-05-2021, 09:43 PM
If Shaq and Penny won like MJ, they would've stayed together - so don't blame MJ for guys not winning like he did.

Furthermore, every good team in the 90's either had 2 top 10 players in their prime (Shaq/Penny or Stockton/Malone), or they had a 3-all-star team (Barkley/KJ/Majerle or Kemp/Payton/Schrempf).. Jordan beat all these guys and also beat Magic/Worthy in 1991 (magic was #2 MVP and worthy was all-nba)

Finally, Pippen was the least efficient sidekick that ever won during the last 4 title runs (93' and 96-98'), so the Bulls won the last four titles IN SPITE of pippen, who averaged 17.6 on 41% for the entire 96-98' Playoffs - only Jordan had to win a bunch of rings with a sidekick that was worse than Pandemic P.
1-9

ShawkFactory
08-05-2021, 10:04 PM

Rodman had 41 offensive rebounds in that series. The entire Sonics squad had 67.

Pippen also had 20 so factoring those two together they almost matched an entire team.

Jordan actually didn’t have a very good series by his standards. Which is cool even the greatest are off sometimes.

The Bulls winning was because those two dudes dominating the offensive glass.

RRR3
08-05-2021, 10:08 PM
Rodman had 41 offensive rebounds in that series. The entire Sonics squad had 67.

Pippen also had 20 so factoring those two together they almost matched an entire team.

Jordan actually didn’t have a very good series by his standards. Which is cool even the greatest are off sometimes.

The Bulls winning was because those two dudes dominating the offensive glass.
But snivelball told me Pippen is the worst player ever...