PDA

View Full Version : I guarantee the Lakers are a top 5 worst team in the league once LeBron leaves....

Pip' N Rodman
08-04-2021, 09:03 PM
I'm willing to bet anyone here any amount of money that the season after LeBron leaves/retires from the Lakers they will be one of the 5 worst teams in the league.

Who wants to bet?

bobopenguin
08-04-2021, 09:11 PM
so? we will just get few more stars.
what's the problem?

u do know that there's 29 teams which are developing stars for lakers, right?

tontoz
08-04-2021, 09:18 PM
LeGM at work, trading away all the young players.

Pip' N Rodman
08-04-2021, 09:20 PM
LeGM at work, trading away all the young players.

Willing to bet, little guy?

bison
08-04-2021, 09:20 PM
That's by design. Lebron is one of the worst GMs in history. When he joins a team, he gets rid of all the young potential stars and developing cores, and brings in cheap veterans on one year rentals, thus destroying the future of any franchise he plays for (while setting records for most finals losses).

But the Lakers fortunately have a savvy front office unlike Miami and Cleveland. They will reload very quickly once LeCancer is removed from the team

warriorfan
08-04-2021, 09:35 PM
That's by design. Lebron is one of the worst GMs in history. When he joins a team, he gets rid of all the young potential stars and developing cores, and brings in cheap veterans on one year rentals, thus destroying the future of any franchise he plays for (while setting records for most finals losses).

But the Lakers fortunately have a savvy front office unlike Miami and Cleveland. They will reload very quickly once LeCancer is removed from the team

Truth.

tontoz
08-04-2021, 09:36 PM
Willing to bet, little guy?

Bet on what dumbass? He traded away all their young players over the last two years(Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, Lonzo, KCP, etc) for a bunch of aging players. The only one who isn't old is AD and he's always been injury prone.

Of course they will suck when he leaves. The whole team will be washed up. Some of them probably are already.

Full Court
08-04-2021, 09:51 PM
I'm with you, OP. But I'll take this a step further: I bet the Lakers will end up being a top 5 worst team BEFORE Lebron leaves.

Axe
08-04-2021, 10:02 PM
Lottery team once kong departs, even worse than their hallway rivals.

Bronbron23
08-04-2021, 10:10 PM
I'm willing to bet anyone here any amount of money that the season after LeBron leaves/retires from the Lakers they will be one of the 5 worst teams in the league.

Who wants to bet?

Maybe depends on when that is and who's there at that time. If bron got a career ending injury this year they definitely wouldn't be a top 5 worst team. If it's 4 or 5 years from now than it's a strong possibility because ad and westbrook will probably be significantly declining. This is the way more likely scenario so it isn't much of a prediction.

bladefd
08-04-2021, 10:49 PM
The only contract Lakers have on the books in 2023 summer is AD. We will have over $100mill to spend to recruit another superstar or 2. It won't be hard with prime AD on the squad.

Spurs m8
08-04-2021, 11:08 PM
Well HE traded away all their assets and young players...and replaced them with old cvnts.

Like...hes done what he usually does, but even worse hahahahhahaah

Of course they're gonna be shit in a few years, you are literally retarded hahahhahaha

This is hands down, the dumbest cvnt on the forum

This guy hasn't seen a glimpse of sunlight all summer...been in the basement since the first round exit...doing mental gymnastics and posting the same old threads.

Cool life

Spurs m8
08-04-2021, 11:10 PM

When did Bison turn into a truther?lol

I like it

ELITEpower23
08-04-2021, 11:10 PM
Do you mean to tell me Malik Monk wont win 55 games and get 3rd in MVP votes and nearly make the Conference Finals with literally no upgrades from LeBron leaving except for a 2 ppg Pete Myers?

Bawkish
08-05-2021, 01:35 AM
Do you mean to tell me Malik Monk wont win 55 games and get 3rd in MVP votes and nearly make the Conference Finals with literally no upgrades from LeBron leaving except for a 2 ppg Pete Myers?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d2937873a284e5008fd4ddc98976c721/tenor.gif

2much_knowledge
08-05-2021, 03:15 AM

Who wants to bet?

What makes you think he retires a laker? Lol.

Spurs m8
08-05-2021, 03:44 AM
He could easily do what he does....

After trading away all assets and young players...his team mates can't carry him anymore...

Once he realises he's ruined their trade value too, time to jump ship!!!!

nayte
08-05-2021, 03:53 AM
Bet on what dumbass? He traded away all their young players over the last two years(Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, Lonzo, KCP, etc) for a bunch of aging players. The only one who isn't old is AD and he's always been injury prone.

Of course they will suck when he leaves. The whole team will be washed up. Some of them probably are already.

Yeah that was a weird assed reply to your comment. Made no sense

Spurs m8
08-05-2021, 03:58 AM

Why didn't OP reply to this?

He seemed to abandon his thread - pretty quickly - once the truth started to be posted

Where is the little guy? :confusedshrug::confusedshrug::confusedshrug:

SATAN
08-05-2021, 08:58 AM
Maybe but the chips make it worth it. Teams rebuild. It happens.

DoctorP
08-05-2021, 09:10 AM

Who wants to bet?

Of course! Kong usually leaves his teams in ashes.

8Ball
08-05-2021, 09:14 AM

Who wants to bet?

Nobody wants to bet you on this.

Not even a team with Westbrook and AD.

All cowards.

8Ball
08-05-2021, 09:15 AM

Awww poor Lakers have Westbrook and AD. Can't build around that in free agency?

tontoz
08-05-2021, 09:21 AM
Awww poor Lakers have Westbrook and AD. Can't build around that in free agency?

Those two make a combined $80 million per year and Westbrook is already in decline. That would give them roughly $30-35 million in cap space to fill out the rest of the roster. Good luck.

8Ball
08-05-2021, 11:02 AM
Those two make a combined $80 million per year and Westbrook is already in decline. That would give them roughly $30-35 million in cap space to fill out the rest of the roster. Good luck.

Bron + AD ate up 75M in cap space in summer of 2019 and they built championship team filled with free agency leftover scraps. By the time Lakers started signing anyone 90% of free agents were taken.

No excuses.

Only Bron can have teams built from scratch around him. And right now its a bunch of vet min scraps.

tontoz
08-05-2021, 11:08 AM
Bron + AD ate up 75M in cap space in summer of 2019 and they built championship team filled with free agency leftover scraps.

No excuses.

Only Bron can have teams built from scratch around him. And right now its a bunch of vet min scraps.

Lebron was an elite player in 2019. Westbrook isn't.

If you are over the cap you can stay over the cap if the salaries match in a trade. However if your players aren't tradeable then you are limited by the cap and the MLE.

Also some players will take less in salary if they have a chance to win a ring. That won't happen after Lebron leaves. They won't be getting productive guys on cheap deals trying to chase a ring.

Manny98
08-05-2021, 11:29 AM

This

imdaman99
08-05-2021, 12:41 PM
AD + Westbrook would never be 5 worst in the league :lol stop it

Jay-B
08-05-2021, 03:11 PM
It all depends on when Lebron leaves. I have this feeling that Lebron is going to play until he’s like 40-41. Also depends on if AD stays, I could see AD bolting when Lebron retires, so yes it’s a very good chance Lebron will burn the Lakers to the ground when he leaves because they have traded away all the young talent and draft picks for win now guys but I feel like the Lakers are a franchise that will always rebuild sooner rather then later, when Lebron leaves there’s always going to be young studs like Zion, Cade Cunningham, Luka Doncic, Trea Young who at that time will be fed up of losing on their current teams and want to be part of Lakers glory.

DoctorP
08-05-2021, 03:14 PM
It all depends on when Lebron leaves. I have this feeling that Lebron is going to play until he’s like 40-41. Also depends on if AD stays, I could see AD bolting when Lebron retires, so yes it’s a very good chance Lebron will burn the Lakers to the ground when he leaves because they have traded away all the young talent and draft picks for win now guys but I feel like the Lakers are a franchise that will always rebuild sooner rather then later.

at least he delivered a ring.

8Ball
08-05-2021, 03:26 PM
at least he delivered a ring.

The worst thing LeBron ever did to those franchises was turning them into winners.

Spurs m8
08-05-2021, 04:18 PM
Op still avoiding his own thread like the plague

Coward

8Ball
08-05-2021, 04:19 PM
Op still avoiding his own thread like the plague

Coward

Wrong.

OP has responded every question via his 8ball account.

Airupthere
08-05-2021, 04:26 PM
Lebron always leaves the team at a worse position because he builds up the team by recruiting pieces that are tailor fit for his stat needs, aka bronball. Within the typical 3-4 year duration, young players with potential are typically sent away and ready made stars are chosen to replace them. In the course of a year or 2, most of these stars decline. By year 3 or 4, they are spent. Lebron leaves and the team is now left without a reliable system because they all depended on bronball. The stars are spent (lost their identities) and the cast is full of supporting players who were all turned into spot up shooters. It is a repeating pattern in Lebron's career and will likely happen again with the Lakers.

Spurs m8
08-05-2021, 04:50 PM
Wrong.

OP has responded every question via his 8ball account.

Lol as if you'd claim that pip n rodman account.

That alt is pure retarded virgin