PDA

View Full Version : USA vs. France Gold Medal Tokyo Olympics Basketball Game Thread

insidehoops
08-05-2021, 10:32 PM
Team USA vs. France, 2021 Tokyo Olympics, gold medal game, Friday at 10:30PM ET.

Looks like the game will be on the regular NBC TV channel.

Bay Area Baller
08-05-2021, 11:52 PM
Great, will tune in.

DoctorP
08-05-2021, 11:55 PM
They've got to beat Serbia first :lol

Trap game?

bison
08-05-2021, 11:56 PM
:applause: first time I root for USA in anything in a long time

DoctorP
08-06-2021, 12:18 AM
They've got to beat Serbia first :lol

Trap game?

oopsies. i got my genders crossed. Bring on France!

bullettooth
08-06-2021, 02:08 AM
oopsies. i got my genders crossed. Bring on France!

No such thing these days.

RogueBorg
08-06-2021, 09:58 AM
Team USA vs. France, 2021 Tokyo Olympics, gold medal game, Friday at 10:30PM ET.

Looks like the game will be on the regular NBC TV channel.

Team USA has at least 3 future Hall of Famers (Durant, Lillard, Green) and multiple all-stars, if we lose to a team whose best player is Evan Fournier, what an embarrassment that would be. This would be a huge stain on Durant's legacy.

And you know some if not all of them will make some kind of statement on the podium during the National Anthem, I'm rooting for France tonight.

Ghost1
08-06-2021, 10:03 AM
Team USA has at least 3 future Hall of Famers (Durant, Lillard, Green) and multiple all-stars, if we lose to a team whose best player is Evan Fournier, what an embarrassment that would be. This would be a huge stain on Durant's legacy.

And you know some if not all of them will make some kind of statement on the podium during the National Anthem, I'm rooting for France tonight.

:crazysam:

tontoz
08-06-2021, 10:24 AM
Yeah i don't see Green (master of the triple single) as a HOF player.

fsvr54
08-06-2021, 01:45 PM

Batum will always be a better player than Fournier.

I'm American but I don't like this team and how they play basketball. Let's go France!!

ScottieQuitting
08-06-2021, 01:50 PM
Batum will always be a better player than Fournier.

I'm American but I don't like this team and how they play basketball. Let's go France!!
Disgusting excuse for an American. Hope we French Fry these fhaggots.

DoctorP
08-06-2021, 01:51 PM
USA has been reaching their potential due to Durant being on fire.

We will see.

ScottieQuitting
08-06-2021, 01:52 PM
USA has been reaching their potential due to Durant being on fire.

We will see.
Tatum has played well. Lavine has been surprising on defense. Dame could be better

fsvr54
08-06-2021, 02:25 PM
Disgusting excuse for an American. Hope we French Fry these fhaggots.

Disgusting excuse for Americans are democrats.

I'll continue supporting my AMERICAN team, the Atlanta Hawks.

DoctorP
08-06-2021, 02:29 PM
Tatum has played well. Lavine has been surprising on defense. Dame could be better

yes, Durant has been getting all kind of support but his consistent brilliance has been the main catalyst.

ScottieQuitting
08-06-2021, 03:04 PM
yes, Durant has been getting all kind of support but his consistent brilliance has been the main catalyst.
100% and shouldn’t be any other way

Kblaze8855
08-06-2021, 09:12 PM
With the ability to camp in the lane Gobert can turn international games into shooting contests. If it’s an off shooting night and the defense isn’t exceptional France could win. These games look like March madness at times. A lane clogging big is a much bigger issue than in the nba.

ScottieQuitting
08-06-2021, 09:30 PM
With the ability to camp in the lane Gobert can turn international games into shooting contests. If it’s an off shooting night and the defense isn’t exceptional France could win. These games look like March madness at times. A lane clogging big is a much bigger issue than in the nba.
All True.

AD, Drummond, Zion, hell even Dwight would’ve helped with physicality, length, size and GIRTH on the blocks.

It’s a shame American players have become exclusively small forwards and guards. Because it becomes problematic in the more traditional form of the sport, with more traditional forms of officiating and physicality. The way it is in international play.

I never thought I would see the day with the international product is by far the most physical one. I think by the time the 2016 Olympics rolled around, European basketball was more physical. And more reminiscent of the way the sport used to be. Before all the big league assisted entertainment freedom of movement rules, pace and space rules.

Which is odd, because the NBA play style now almost seems indicative of replicating the way euro teams used to play. And now Euro teams play more like former more physical American ball.

Xiao Yao You
08-06-2021, 09:34 PM

Fournier is all NBA, all defense, 3 time DPOY?

Xiao Yao You
08-06-2021, 09:36 PM
All True.

AD, Drummond, Zion, hell even Dwight would’ve helped with physicality, length, size and GIRTH on the blocks.

It’s a shame American players have become exclusively small forwards and guards. Because it becomes problematic in the more traditional form of the sport, with more traditional forms of officiating and physicality. The way it is in international play.

I never thought I would see the day with the international product is by far the most physical week. I think by the time the 2016 Olympics rolled around, European basketball was more physical. And more reminiscent of the way the sport used to be. Before all the big league assisted entertainment freedom of movement rules, pace and space rules.

Which is odd, because the NBA play style now almost seems indicative of replicating the way euro teams used to play. And now Euro teams play more like former more physical American ball.

Australia coach said them being able to switch at every position is what makes them so tough. Aren't doing that with Drummons and Zion

RRR3
08-06-2021, 09:43 PM
Australia coach said them being able to switch at every position is what makes them so tough. Aren't doing that with Drummons and Zion
Imagine wanting Drummond on this team :lol

“Coach” is low IQ as ****. Should stick to his old MJ vhs tapes.

Kblaze8855
08-06-2021, 09:50 PM
Fournier is all NBA, all defense, 3 time DPOY?

Those things aren’t what make you the best international player. If nba accomplishments made you better internationally usa would never lose anything.

Hey Yo
08-06-2021, 10:03 PM
Just pass the ball more this time around. USA was taking too many 3PA five seconds in the shot clock in their first meeting.

ScottieQuitting
08-06-2021, 10:08 PM

Shut up dude. Zion can switch. Asking everybody else on the floor. They still need people on the roster to bang down low. That’s the point, moron. Stop talking basketball, you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about

insidehoops
08-06-2021, 10:32 PM
The game has begun, right at 10:30PM ET.

Im Still Ballin
08-06-2021, 10:34 PM
Gobert's size causing problems already.

imdaman99
08-06-2021, 10:35 PM
Rudy dominating inside :eek:

insidehoops
08-06-2021, 10:38 PM
So many out of rhythm Team USA jumpshots.

Hey Yo
08-06-2021, 10:38 PM
US bricking

90sgoat
08-06-2021, 10:40 PM
Very physical game.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-06-2021, 10:42 PM
Damn France is legit. Imagine if they had tony parker still on their team, although he kind of sucked as soon as he hit his 30's.

insidehoops
08-06-2021, 10:43 PM
France up 12-8.

USA 0/7 threes.

Im Still Ballin
08-06-2021, 10:43 PM
Yabusele has an ASS.

90sgoat
08-06-2021, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty sure a lot of bricking by the US is due to the Molten ball. It's heavier.

insidehoops
08-06-2021, 10:46 PM
A KD three ties the game at 15, with 1:50 left in first quarter.

First three of game for USA.

Hey Yo
08-06-2021, 10:47 PM
KD only one working on offense.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 10:47 PM
Durant has broken the team offense by holding the ball; he has missed MANY opportunities where teammates were wide open. People need to recognize how poor team offense subtracts from individual offense contributions, overall.

90sgoat
08-06-2021, 10:48 PM
Durant is a good shooter.

Not sure he is better than someone like KP tho in FIBA.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 10:48 PM
Durant has let up a lot of points on the defensive end- leaving his man, not defending against Gobert, etc.

iamgine
08-06-2021, 10:52 PM
Seems like easy game for US. France just allowing open shots after open shots.

Hey Yo
08-06-2021, 10:52 PM
Durant has let up a lot of points on the defensive end- leaving his man, not defending against Gobert, etc.

Like they said, players only allotted 5 fouls so no need to take silly ones early under the basket against Rudy....

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 10:54 PM
That's what the US needs: high quality shots (Tatum in this case). Move the ball. Not just hero-ball and chucking from 3 pt line.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 10:54 PM
Like they said, players only allotted 5 fouls so no need to take silly ones early under the basket against Rudy....

The point is though he Never should have let Gobert get that position under the hoop. He is just absentminded on defense.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 10:55 PM
France is taking way too long to set up their offense....then having to rush as the shotclock runs out.

RRR3
08-06-2021, 10:55 PM
Shut up dude. Zion can switch. Asking everybody else on the floor. They still need people on the roster to bang down low. That’s the point, moron. Stop talking basketball, you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about
He unironically understands modern NBA better than you.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 10:56 PM
Haha, this guy taking over for the commentators (whose feed was lost) is picking it up smoothly. He's prepared.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 10:57 PM
The primary commentator Bob Fitzgerald is a KD fan (he is the Warriors commentator).

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 10:58 PM
KD foolishly guarding the French guard creates a mismatch France could have exploited against Holiday, forced to guard a big man.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 10:59 PM
You can't build team offense by chucking from the 3 pt line. You can pad your own stats, but you need team cohesion, with contributions across the players on the court. It's a suboptimal approach.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:00 PM
Jrue Hollday is even more impressive with his individual and team D at the international level than he is in the NBA. He is stifling whoever he's on.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:02 PM
France imploding with turnovers.

Commentator spazzing out about Durant's dunk; what made that possible was the Adebayo pass.

Hey Yo
08-06-2021, 11:03 PM
Fall right there for slam and passes it out???

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:04 PM
Durant breaks the USA defense by LEAVING his man open, Batum wanders away and Durant calls for someone else to guard him - and ends up wide open. Loser move. These are the silent ways he harms his team. It will happen often.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-06-2021, 11:05 PM
France and Australia both have superstar scorers patty mills and Evan fourniers.

Those guys are average role players in NBA. Shows how much better America is at playing basketball

90sgoat
Fournier has been bad.

bdonovan
Impressed by USA defense; Draymond, Adebayo, and Holiday. Sometimes the USA gets the rep of being 'soft'; not this unit.

Xiao Yao You

switching is defense. Zion doesn't play D

Xiao Yao You
08-06-2021, 11:06 PM
Those things aren’t what make you the best international player. If nba accomplishments made you better internationally usa would never lose anything.

sorry forgot that D isn't important in international ball either

Xiao Yao You
08-06-2021, 11:07 PM
Gobert's size causing problems already.

amazing what a difference it is when your teammates throw you the ball down low and help you defensively

90sgoat
08-06-2021, 11:08 PM
I feel like Australia and Slovenia would have had a better chance.

France feels a little too much like playing the US game, just worse.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:10 PM

Agreed; that's what it looks like. As it is, France has 8 NBA players but I think most are bench players. Just reinforces the point.

(Durant with the questionable touch foul).

Indian guy
08-06-2021, 11:11 PM
KD has his flaws but he's basically a cheat code on offense. Which has saved US from a bunch of sticky situations in this tournament. He got the offense going in this game too.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:12 PM
Wonder if Rudy thought about spreading Delta and Gamma in the NBA (US) prior to the Olympics. He does have some experience in that bio warfare area.

Xiao Yao You
08-06-2021, 11:12 PM

already beat Australia :facepalm

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:13 PM
KD has his flaws but he's basically a cheat code on offense. Which has saved US from a bunch of sticky situations in this tournament. He got the offense going in this game too.

Not at all. Quite the opposite. In most cases, he is asking for the ball repeatedly, standing in front of other offensive players, preventing them from driving and forcing them to shoot sub-optimal shots from the outside. He is making his teammates worse with his offensive selfishness. It's the little things; you have to watch off the ball. He also is killing the ball movement; neglecting passes to open teammates. There are better 3 point shooters on the team besides Durant; he's just shooting more often.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:14 PM
Another bad possession with Durant holding the ball at the perimeter and then recklessly passing to someone 10 feet behind 3 point line with time starting to run down, forcing a chuck. Not the way to have a cohesive offensive attack.

Im Still Ballin
08-06-2021, 11:15 PM
France need to slow it down, use the whole 24-second shot-clock. Just feed it into the post; take advantage of their size. That's the only way they're winning this game.

bdonovan
Great steal by Draymond; let to an easy score by Tatum. (Commentator Fitzgerald doesn't seem to understand how good D leads to easy O).

90sgoat
Imagine instead of 7'1'' Gobert it wa 7'3'' Sabonis in this game.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-06-2021, 11:16 PM
Lot of flopping from France

bdonovan
France need to slow it down, use the whole 24-second shot-clock. Just feed it into the post; take advantage of their size. That's the only way they're winning this game.

They had some advantage on switching, and then hitting Gobert down low. The US does not have a player who can guard him. They need a little more ball and player movement.

90sgoat

Eh, De Colo looks timid.

Needs to push the ball up faster and use all the shotclock in the half court.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:18 PM
There's a white ball handler on France, don't know his name, but he is killing the team offense. He had Gobert down low- and they need to exploit that. He is just holding onto the ball or thoughtlessly handing it off to whoever.

Im Still Ballin
08-06-2021, 11:19 PM
They had some advantage on switching, and then hitting Gobert down low. The US does not have a player who can guard him. They need a little more ball and player movement.

Like 90sgoat said, they're just being timid. They need to throw the ball to the wing, clear out to the weak side, and let Gobert post up. None of this top-of-the-key pick-and-roll bullshit; too much of a turnover risk.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-06-2021, 11:21 PM
Gobert seems to take advantage of small ball more in Olympics more then he does in the NBA

90sgoat
08-06-2021, 11:21 PM
If Euroleague was here he would claim that the US gets away with mugging their opponent.

I don't know, maybe a little bit.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:22 PM
SEE- they go to Gobert, they get the basket or the foul. They should have exploited this more. And he doesn't have to shoot every time, he can pass to cutters as well.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:22 PM
Like 90sgoat said, they're just being timid. They need to throw the ball to the wing, clear out to the weak side, and let Gobert post up. None of this top-of-the-key pick-and-roll bullshit; too much of a turnover risk.

I agree; there's no shame in going back to something that works.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:24 PM
Anybody have a box score?

Indian guy
08-06-2021, 11:26 PM
In most cases, he is asking for the ball repeatedly

As he should. He's way better than anybody else on the team.

standing in front of other offensive players, preventing them from driving and forcing them to shoot sub-optimal shots from the outside. He is making his teammates worse with his offensive selfishness. It's the little things; you have to watch off the ball. He also is killing the ball movement; neglecting passes to open teammates. There are better 3 point shooters on the team besides Durant; he's just shooting more often.

This is where KD's teams have ranked offensively since 2011:

5th
2nd
1st
6th
10th (only played 27 games)
2nd
1st
3rd
1st
1st

Hard to buy his playing style being some type of deterrent to his teammates.

BurningHammer
08-06-2021, 11:27 PM
Gobert seems to take advantage of small ball more in Olympics more then he does in the NBA

And Pop still refuses to use Javell to match Rudy up.

I think Team USA has enough on the floor and the momentum to win but it may not be as easy as it seems.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:30 PM
As he should. He's way better than anybody else on the team.

This is where KD's teams have ranked offensively since 2011:

5th
2nd
1st
6th
10th (only played 27 games)
2nd
1st
3rd
1st
1st

Hard to buy his playing style being some type of deterrent to his teammates.

Haha, friend, nice list of numbers. I noticed that rank went up AFTER he joined a team that has won the championship. As for his latest team, he has some help with Harden and Kyrie along with the top 3 pt shooter in 3 PT FG%.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:31 PM

I think Team USA has enough on the floor and the momentum to win but it may not be as easy as it seems.

Good call out. I wonder if Pop will be dogmatic about it or make the adjustment IF France truly exploits that option (which they haven't really yet).

insidehoops
08-06-2021, 11:31 PM
HALF: USA 44, France 39.

In the first half, Kevin Durant had 21 points, Jayson Tatum 11, rest of Team USA 12.

For France, Rudy Gobert has 13 points and 7 rebounds, Evan Fournier 11 points, and Nando de Colo 6 assists.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:32 PM
https://www.espn.com/mens-olympics-basketball/game?gameId=401347899

Box Score for this game

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:34 PM
Gobert 4-4 with 13 points. Might be as important a stat line as there is. France's coach and De Colo deserve blame for limiting his touches.

BurningHammer
08-06-2021, 11:35 PM
Good call out. I wonder if Pop will be dogmatic about it or make the adjustment IF France truly exploits that option (which they haven't really yet).

Seeing how Team USA getting better as the tournament progresses, Pop is probably right sticking with 9-men rotation.

I mean, Spain could have abused Team USA much better with bigs they have, but Team USA ended up dictating the pace and forced Spain to go small anyway.

dice123
08-06-2021, 11:36 PM

White boy kd is scared. Not surprised white boy is shook.

BurningHammer
08-06-2021, 11:37 PM
I just heard Vince Carter commentating for the first time. He is quite good.

Still prefer Dan Shulman on CBC anyway. :D

kabacho
https://i.ibb.co/7GcY9qy/1628297046119.jpg (https://ibb.co/MRT2XmN)

BurningHammer
White boy kd is scared. Not surprised white boy is shook.

Nice first post :oldlol:

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:38 PM
Us is pressuring the ball-handler well; France is lackadaisical on that front.

90sgoat
FIBA rules with a bigger court = best basketball.

insidehoops
Wow, nice spin move inside by Nando de Colo.

insidehoops
08-06-2021, 11:39 PM
Damian Lillard finally hit something.

USA up 49-44.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:39 PM
Wow, nice spin move inside by Nando de Colo.

Pushed off with the off arm, but still a decent finish.

BurningHammer
08-06-2021, 11:40 PM
Us is pressuring the ball-handler well; France is lackadaisical on that front.

Nando is no Ricky Rubio, but he is not that bad as we just saw few plays ago.

lakerstekkenn
08-06-2021, 11:41 PM
France is solid, well coached.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:42 PM
Stupid decision-making by DeColo - opted to pass it for desperation 3 at last moment.

BurningHammer
Gobert has given away fouls to Team USA like candies.

They should use two-7-footers strategy again soon.

BurningHammer
KD IS ON FIRE!! :lebronamazed:

90sgoat
08-06-2021, 11:43 PM
Strange decisions by the french team to go away from the post up strategy.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:44 PM
Nando is no Ricky Rubio, but he is not that bad as we just saw few plays ago.

I must have missed it; what did he do? (US 5 steals, France 0)

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:44 PM
Fournier and DeColo waste the first 20 seconds, and then get bailed out by a corner 3.

90sgoat
08-06-2021, 11:45 PM
US team gets some ref help. Not much but noticeable.

90sgoat
08-06-2021, 11:47 PM
De Colo just seems shook.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:47 PM
This guy DeColo is a joke; senseless turnover. He can't run this offense well enough to beat this US team (that's had experience playing together).

90sgoat
08-06-2021, 11:48 PM
This guy DeColo is a joke; senseless turnover. He can't run this offense well enough to beat this US team (that's had experience playing together).

Yes he sucks

HBK_Kliq_2
08-06-2021, 11:48 PM
All Australia and France did in Vegas was piss USA off.

Those were pre-season games

Dbrog
08-06-2021, 11:50 PM
Durant is such a beast man. Single handedly keeping the US in the game on offense. I do wonder if this says something more about "great scorers" like booker, Lillard, and Tatum

Dbrog
08-06-2021, 11:52 PM
Also love seeing bigs actually get to play big in the Olympics. It's been so refreshing along with the no calls for clearly jumping into the defender

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:52 PM
Durant is such a beast man. Single handedly keeping the US in the game on offense. I do wonder if this says something more about "great scorers" like booker, Lillard, and Tatum

He's making it harder for everyone else to shoot. That's why Lillard and Booker have the results they do; often getting the ball with a few seconds on the clock. Or Durant standing in front of them, bringing his defender in the way, preventing them from driving. He succeeds at the expense of others if you're actually watching off-the-ball not just ball-watching the ball-handler. Durant's teammates hit them when he's open; meanwhile Durant passes to his teammates when they're guarded. Simple way to emerge as the best player on the team.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:54 PM
Tatum 7-11, much higher FG% than Durant. If Tatum demanded the ball every team up the court, he'd be leading the team in points. (Considerably higher % from 3 as well).

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:55 PM
Don't like that chuck by Holiday; a contested 3. Should have moved the ball.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:57 PM
France will lose because of their low-IQ coach and point guard. They are letting US play small ball- getting the offensive advantages without exploiting their smallness.

bdonovan
08-06-2021, 11:59 PM
Defense has been the difference.

Dbrog
08-07-2021, 12:01 AM
I just don't see that stuff at all. Tatum out there dribbling balls off his own foot. Lillard has wide open shots and is shooting like shit. Meanwhile players with championship pedigree making big plays (jrue w too many defensive plays to count, Dre on loose balls and guarding players half a foot taller, Durant scoring at will)

90sgoat
08-07-2021, 12:02 AM
Defense has been the difference.

Refs let US get away with way more handchecking than is typically allowed.

Dbrog
08-07-2021, 12:03 AM
I don't blame Durant for going Kobe-ball a bit when everyone is cold

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:03 AM
I just don't see that stuff at all. Tatum out there dribbling balls off his own foot. Lillard has wide open shots and is shooting like shit. Meanwhile players with championship pedigree making big plays (jrue w too many defensive plays to count, Dre on loose balls and guarding players half a foot taller, Durant scoring at will)

A minor correction but Durant is shooting at will not necessarily making shots at will. He is only 3 for 9 from 3 pt range. Holiday, Adebayo, and Tatum are all shooting at a higher %. Durant is shooting MORE, but that has to do with him demanding the ball more often. His pts are high because his volume is high, but not necessarily precision.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-07-2021, 12:04 AM
Middelton has been awful all Olympics. I never seen him play this bad in the NBA.

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:06 AM
The commentator Bob Fitzgerald is too much; for years endured him shamelessly hyping kd.

Dbrog
08-07-2021, 12:06 AM
Middelton has been awful all Olympics. I never seen him play this bad in the NBA.

Truth. I thought he'd be one of the guys best suited for the Olympic style too. Gritty w good overall game

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:07 AM
Bad pass by KD; with 8 seconds left; should have hit the open man, but passed to a guarded Lillard with little time on the clock.

LukeWalton
08-07-2021, 12:08 AM
France could have tied this, but they made that bad pass, then the bad lay up

Dbrog
It's funny the commentators not seeing clear travels. Again... Refreshing to see players not able to get away with switching pivot foots just cause they are going into a shot

bdonovan
Adebayo should have switched and guarded the ball-handler after that French screen.

HBK_Kliq_2
Cabarot is the biggest scrub ever. All he does is foul. No idea how he made the nba, he won't be there very long

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:09 AM
Excellent hustle by Holiday

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:10 AM
Fournier had several good options including Fall with a mismatch down low but chucked a contested 3 (although then did make a 2 after the rebound).

Dbrog
08-07-2021, 12:11 AM
France choking

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:13 AM
Too much hero-ball by Fournier

Dbrog
08-07-2021, 12:13 AM
I mean defense completely broken down. US easy shots

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:14 AM
Nice flop there by France.

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:15 AM
France is in full acting mode now.

Dbrog
08-07-2021, 12:15 AM
Lol refs wtf

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:16 AM
I don't think there was enough contact on Booker to warrant a foul. Have to be consistent as refs.

Dbrog
08-07-2021, 12:17 AM
GG boys. We da bes

HBK_Kliq_2
08-07-2021, 12:18 AM
Gold again for America wow seems like they will never ever lose again. USA will always have the best talent

BurningHammer
08-07-2021, 12:18 AM
Damn, Team USA almost blew it.

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:19 AM
Fournier with that unnecessarily deep 3 that completely missed all iron. :biggums:

Dbrog
08-07-2021, 12:19 AM
Lol omg tho wtf us... Trying to choke at the end

BurningHammer
08-07-2021, 12:20 AM
Franky's air ball though :oldlol:

BurningHammer
08-07-2021, 12:21 AM
KD won't choke FTs, that's for sure.

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:22 AM
Absolutely goofy ref call for De Colo as offensive player initiates all the contact; and jumps at the defender.

Dbrog
08-07-2021, 12:23 AM
Man whoever it was who said Zion would been sick on this US team, I think they were right. If we had a big beefy dude in the paint, it coulda been a lot easier

HBK_Kliq_2
08-07-2021, 12:24 AM
Gobert crying hahahahah

BurningHammer
08-07-2021, 12:25 AM
Congrats, Team USA.

Congrats, KD for his 3rd Olympic gold.

Good fight, Team France.

NBASTATMAN
SO MANY CHOKERS... KD looked scared in the fourth but he carried the team .. Besides KD only Holiday impresseds.. HOLIDAY is better than DAME.. Sorry .. Holiday changes the game on defesne

1987_Lakers
Rudy crying.

BurningHammer
08-07-2021, 12:26 AM
Man whoever it was who said Zion would been sick on this US team, I think they were right. If we had a big beefy dude in the paint, it coulda been a lot easier

Yeah. Other teams would adapt, but it would still be the unstoppable Zion.

Mask the Embiid
08-07-2021, 12:27 AM
BEST IN THE WORLD BABY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
https://media1.tenor.com/images/6a23d4b34a6642354ee349d88f8fed09/tenor.gif?itemid=14431258

NBASTATMAN
08-07-2021, 12:27 AM
COACH POP does not impress.. He sat KD when we were up by 14 with a minute left in the 3rd quarter.. That is not the time u sit KD.. You need to finish strong... Where is COACH K

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:28 AM
MVP: Jayson Tatum: 8-14 (57% FG), 3-5 from 3 pt range (60% 3 PT). This compares with Durant's 50% FG and only 33% 3 PT.
Tatum also had 7 RB compared to Durant's 4. Efficiency over volume.

LVP: France's coach. Gobert was 5-5. He should have gotten 3x the touches. France lacked talent; they could exploited US's small ball but the coach is too geriatric or too passive to make the call.

BurningHammer
08-07-2021, 12:28 AM
Rudy crying.

He and his teammates came this far and fought hard. It's okay to cry.

Dbrog
08-07-2021, 12:29 AM
Yeah. Other teams would adapt, but it would still be the unstoppable Zion.

Could be pretty fun in the future w morant and lamelo

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:29 AM
BEST IN THE WORLD BABY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
https://media1.tenor.com/images/6a23d4b34a6642354ee349d88f8fed09/tenor.gif?itemid=14431258

This Superman wears adult diapers.

BurningHammer
08-07-2021, 12:31 AM
MVP: Jayson Tatum: 8-14 (57% FG), 3-5 from 3 pt range (60% 3 PT). This compares with Durant's 50% FG and only 33% 3 PT.
Tatum also had 7 RB compared to Durant's 4. Efficiency over volume.

LVP: France's coach. Gobert was 5-5. He should have gotten 3x the touches. France lacked talent; they could exploited US's small ball but the coach is too geriatric or too passive to make the call.

Tatum was up-and-down for the whole tournament, but he did great today.

Gobert was great too with the plan they came up with, but his poor FTs slowly worsen the plan.

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:32 AM
I thought Jrue Holiday was the most impactful player. He disrupted France's offense, hounding the ball-handler. Great hustle play, team defense, switching. His physicality changed how teams saw the United States. France never could get into an offensive rhythm and the disruption begins with the ball handler at the perimeter.

BurningHammer
08-07-2021, 12:33 AM
I thought Jrue Holiday was the most impactful player. He disrupted France's offense, hounding the ball-handler. Great hustle play, team defense, switching. His physicality changed how teams saw the United States. France never could get into an offensive rhythm and the disruption begins with the ball handler at the perimeter.

Absolutely this. :applause:

BurningHammer
08-07-2021, 12:34 AM
It is so weird that the bronze medal game comes after the gold medal game.

Probably to draw Western country's viewers :ohwell:

bdonovan
08-07-2021, 12:35 AM
Tatum was up-and-down for the whole tournament, but he did great today.

Gobert was great too with the plan they came up with, but his poor FTs slowly worsen the plan.

Yes he needs to get trained by Giannis on free throws and he'll magically come up as Giannis has.

Still think he could have gotten Durant to foul out if they pressed the option. Both teams scored about 1 point per possession by my rough calculation. With Gobert at 6-13 from the stripe, that's pretty close to 1 point per possession. So I don't know if it would have harmed the team. You have to used what you got but instead De Colo and Fournier though they could out NBA the best in the NBA. An entertaining game.

NBASTATMAN
08-07-2021, 12:37 AM

I AGREE.. Jrue is on that All Star level and changed the game .. Besides KD I would say he impressed the most cuz his defense was def a HUGE KEY in slowing down FRance who actually ran an offense vs our one on one play.. Obv the USA team was not put together wisely because of COVID and injuries .. Imagine KAWHI, KYRIe, Harden, PG in place of some of the lower level guys.. Green u have to have him cuz he is one of the few guys that knows how to play smart .. Crazy how so few players can play smart ball in the NBA..

DoctorP
08-07-2021, 12:42 AM
:rockon:

1987_Lakers
08-07-2021, 12:48 AM
He and his teammates came this far and fought hard. It's okay to cry.

Yea, not really picking on him. What I got from his crying is how much more serious other countries take the Olympics more than the USA team, winning a Gold isn't as important as it was in 2008. I still remember how serious team USA took the Olympics that year after years of losing in international play, I feel like as the years have passed, playing in the Olympics isn't a huge deal like it was 12-13 years ago.

1987_Lakers
08-07-2021, 12:50 AM

Jrue was super impressive this Olympics, outplayed Lillard. Also stats won't show how important Draymond was down the stretch in this game, made some key plays that won't show up in the stat sheet.

BurningHammer
08-07-2021, 12:56 AM
Yea, not really picking on him. What I got from his crying is how much more serious other countries take the Olympics more than the USA team, winning a Gold isn't as important as it was in 2008. I still remember how serious team USA took the Olympics that year after years of losing in international play, I feel like as the years have passed, playing in the Olympics isn't a huge deal like it was 12-13 years ago.

Team France also did something nobody did in many many years, giving Team USA a loss in the Olympics. That itself is a feat and they should be proud with the well-earned silver.

International stars will spark it for the rest of the world. Luka and maybe Giannis if Team Greece suddenly entering its Golden Generation (they won't).

Xiao Yao You
08-07-2021, 01:22 AM

you mean he has teammates and a coach that get him the ball and take advantage of it and teammates that help him defensively?

Xiao Yao You
08-07-2021, 01:23 AM

because Gobert has owned McGee and he's an idiot

Xiao Yao You
08-07-2021, 01:27 AM
USA doesn't win without Durant carrying them

Game was one in the 2nd when Gobert was on the bench way too long

nayte
08-07-2021, 03:59 AM
USA doesn't win without Durant carrying them

Game was one in the 2nd when Gobert was on the bench way too long

Agreed with both. Rudy lead his team maybe Utah should run a few more plays for him

Manny98
08-07-2021, 04:04 AM
KD cemented GOAT on international level :bowdown::bowdown:

nayte
08-07-2021, 04:09 AM
He did all the heavy lifting v Spain , Australia and France. Dude was waving off all stars .lol.
Alot of them were scared till he got them the leads and they could shoot without the pressure.

Spurs m8
08-07-2021, 04:09 AM
KD cemented GOAT on international level :bowdown::bowdown:

Truth

nayte
08-07-2021, 04:27 AM
Overall I think Oscsr Schmidt is the goat Olympic player. He used to ball back in the day

Xiao Yao You
08-07-2021, 08:19 AM
Agreed with both. Rudy lead his team maybe Utah should run a few more plays for him

good luck gettinig the ball from Mitchell and Clarkson

kawhileonard2
08-09-2021, 12:30 AM
Truth

I think had he won from college it would be true.

ScottieQuitting
08-09-2021, 09:08 AM
That was me.

Agreed. Because defense wins. In any form of the sport. Lillard was unimpressive for much of the tournaments. When Lavine is more important defensively than you, then you’re nonexistent. Only times we lost is when we didn’t have some capable perimeter defenders. Lillard besides a few shots here and there also missed two late game free throws that even gave France an opportunity down the stretch.

Xiao Yao You
08-09-2021, 12:20 PM
Lillard was playing hurt

Xiao Yao You
08-09-2021, 12:31 PM
https://kslsports.com/465631/fiba-names-rudy-gobert-to-mens-all-star-five-for-tokyo-olympics/

and he was not even one of their best players. A mere role player! :lol

ScottieQuitting
08-09-2021, 01:12 PM
Lillard was playing hurt

No excuses. He was still starting. He still on occasion hit other shots. You should be able to make a couple key late game free-throws. Kobe went to the line and made two of them with a torn Achilles.

Xiao Yao You
08-18-2021, 10:17 PM
NBA Central: Odds for DPOY next season: 1)Rudy Gobert – 3/1 (https://*********.com/social/) 2)Ben Simmons – 4/1 3)Giannis Antetokounmpo – 7/1 4)Anthony Davis – 8/1 5)Joel Embiid – 9/1 6)Draymond Green – 12/1 7)Bam Adebayo – 14/1 7)Myles Turner – 14/1 9)Jrue Holiday – 18/1 10)Matisse Thybulle – 20/1 Via @betonline_ag
– via Twitter TheNBACentral (https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral)

kawhileonard2
08-19-2021, 10:45 PM
If Gobert is the best Defensive player then it shows how easy this era is.

Axe
08-19-2021, 10:51 PM
Baguette biyombo! :lebronamazed: