PDA

View Full Version : Is the East finally better overall vs West?

rawimpact
08-06-2021, 04:45 PM
West coast teams kind of fell off. Spurs have been MIA for a few seasons, Houston imploded, Clippers -- well who knows how kawhi is doing after injury, Blazers are the blazers and the Mavs so far no significant changes. Only team that seems to have gotten better are the Lakers.

East coast Miami of course become a threat - mild but still a threat. Bucks and Nets of course are the two big dogs but Chicago got some interesting pieces and Atlanta is growing up pretty fast.

Seems to be a shift eastward this year.

tontoz
08-06-2021, 04:51 PM
No. The west won 146 games compared to 122 for the east.

My impression is that the gap isn't as big as it was in the past but it's still there.

ShawkFactory
08-06-2021, 05:07 PM
No. The west won 146 games compared to 122 for the east.

My impression is that the gap isn't as big as it was in the past but it's still there.

Well his point is that most of the east teams have either gotten better or will be better and that isn't really the case in the west.

You could definitely make the argument that 1-6 in the east will be about even. But the west 10-15 is still better so I think they'll still get the h2h.

ScottieQuitting
08-06-2021, 05:31 PM
Brooklyn is the best team. But West has more depth. So in all fairness, it balances out as equal.

If they got rid of the stupid Adam silver All-Star game format.

East:

G - Kyrie / Trae
G - Harden / Beal / Lavine
F - Durant / Tatum
F - Giannis
C - Embiid

vs

West:

G - Curry / CP3
G - Dame / Mitchell / Booker
F - Luka / LeBron / PG13
F - Leonard / Zion