PDA

View Full Version : Lakers coach Frank Vogel gets contract extension

insidehoops
08-06-2021, 09:47 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=26285

FultzNationRISE
08-06-2021, 10:24 PM
This only makes sense if he’s rerouting 3/4s of that money under the table to Bran.

If so I like the move.

Thenameless
08-06-2021, 10:30 PM
He'll have to earn it this year. The team has gone up in scoring talent, but has definitely lost something on the defensive side. Good thing defense is his specialty.

And1AllDay
08-06-2021, 10:52 PM
He'll have to earn it this year. The team has gone up in scoring talent, but has definitely lost something on the defensive side. Good thing defense is his specialty.

out = caruso and kcp

in = ariza, dwight

not that big a diff is it?

Thenameless
08-06-2021, 11:10 PM
out = caruso and kcp

in = ariza, dwight

not that big a diff is it?

I think there is, because Davis is a big and so is Howard, so while the rim protection is great, it's also a bit redundant. Ariza was a great wing defender but he's probably a bit old now.

With the way the league loves shooting 3's these days you'd be better off with a KCP and Caruso who are still in their primes.

We'll just have to see how it all plays out I guess.

lakerstekkenn
08-06-2021, 11:45 PM
Frank earned that extension because one James likes him, two he held that team above water after James & Davis were out for months, but this year the bar is high, this is the last chance because Davis might leave Russell might leave and James is getting older by the minute, also this team is full of veterans and one year contracts everywhere, it's championship or bust.

Axe
08-07-2021, 12:26 AM
Somebody said that he's retarded tho, so why'd he get that kind of crappy contract extension? :confusedshrug:

bladefd
08-07-2021, 01:11 AM
What are the terms of the extension?

bladefd
08-07-2021, 01:13 AM
I think there is, because Davis is a big and so is Howard, so while the rim protection is great, it's also a bit redundant. Ariza was a great wing defender but he's probably a bit old now.

With the way the league loves shooting 3's these days you'd be better off with a KCP and Caruso who are still in their primes.

We'll just have to see how it all plays out I guess.

Dwight will play mostly with the 2nd unit except for certain matchups. It will mostly be Gasol playing with Davis or Davis alone at 5.