PDA

View Full Version : why are 90% of front page posts on this gd forum about Lebron, MJ and Kobe?

taabhimself
08-09-2021, 10:58 PM
the only kind of post that gains any traction on ISH is (1) clickbait bullshit about the above-captioned 3 basketball players and (2) a well sourced kblaze post. do any of the rest of you have any interesting thoughts/content that isn't "Lebron without another top 5 player = Rodney White"? summer league 2021 just kicked off after a great draft class and the majority of y'all are here posting stupid gotcha takes about LBJ and Kobe and compulsively jerking off, lol.

it's weird as hell. it's "allow Donald Trump to be part of your personality" behavior. ISH posters have been neurotic and weirdly insecure about top performing players for 20 years - see e.g., any of the hundreds of dumb "Tmac/AI > Kobe" posts (let alone the "AO/Hot Sauce > Kobe" posts). but it's gone from a bad flu season to a mfing pandemic in this bitch.

ELITEpower23
08-09-2021, 11:00 PM
I agree Taab, I wish both parties would cool it. I will embrace your post going forward and I hope that others can do the same :cheers:

5*'s

8Ball
08-09-2021, 11:07 PM
the only kind of post that gains any traction on ISH is (1) clickbait bullshit about the above-captioned 3 basketball players and (2) a well sourced kblaze post. do any of the rest of you have any interesting thoughts/content that isn't "Lebron without another top 5 player = Rodney White"? summer league 2021 just kicked off after a great draft class and the majority of y'all are here posting stupid gotcha takes about LBJ and Kobe and compulsively jerking off, lol.

it's weird as hell. it's "allow Donald Trump to be part of your personality" behavior. ISH posters have been neurotic and weirdly insecure about top performing players for 20 years - see e.g., any of the hundreds of dumb "Tmac/AI > Kobe" posts (let alone the "AO/Hot Sauce > Kobe" posts). but it's gone from a bad flu season to a mfing pandemic in this bitch.

For the last 15 years.

Has this forum been different than you described?

taabhimself
08-09-2021, 11:13 PM
For the last 15 years.

Has this forum been different than you described?

in the last 20 it's gradually changed from 40% obsessive weirdos/60% normal people worth engaging to 90/10.

taabhimself
08-09-2021, 11:15 PM
probably has something to do with a mass migration to twitter/YT/reddit etc. the only normal folks left are the ones that were normal in 2002.

kennygriffin
08-09-2021, 11:16 PM
the powers that be spam threads about them cause they boost traffic