PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd ripped by ex-players over aggressive coaching

1987_Lakers
08-12-2021, 05:30 PM
The time Jason Kidd ruined Christmas...

But the Bucks were struggling, dropping a game to Charlotte on December 23, right before Christmas. Players returned to the locker room dejected, silent. Everyone was ready for the next two days off with their families.

"Zaza," Kidd said, turning to Pachulia but addressing the group, "do you think this was a winnable game?"

"Yes it was a winnable game," Pachulia said.

"And do you think we deserve the next two days off?"

Pachulia couldn't believe Kidd had put him in that situation, threatening to ruin Christmas. Pachulia tried to strike a diplomatic tone: "You know what, Coach–I understand the frustration. We're all frustrated because this was a game we were supposed to win. We didn't give enough effort. But at the same time, this is a holiday. Christmas is important to our families. It's not about us; it's about our families. Guys have made plans."

Kidd then turned to Dudley. "What do you think? Should we take these next two days off?"

Dudley, too, gave a diplomatic answer.

But Kidd wasn't satisfied. "See you guys tomorrow at 9:00 a.m."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," players said. "What do you mean?"

"We're going to have practice tomorrow."

"We booked flights to different places!"

"I don't care. You guys get paid to do a job, so you're doing your job tomorrow. Things change."

Practice the next morning was ugly . Kidd went at Sanders. Called him a "piece of shit," a "terrible player." The team ran and ran and ran and ran, like a college team would. "I don't think I've done that since I left J-Kidd," Knight says. "It was not normal."

Players had to finish a fast-break drill in twenty-two seconds, but twenty-seven was the team's best record. They did it over and over until they made it. Some were bent over, panting, cramping. Practice lasted three hours, and then Kidd made players lift weights and do pool exercises. Half the team didn't know how to swim, but Kidd made everyone run in the pool"

"Everybody was so tired that nobody was thinking about Christmas," Pachulia says. "We didn't have energy left to open gifts."

Kidd continued to berate Sanders, though, calling him "pathetic." Sanders couldn't handle it. Where he was in his life, his career, this practice, all his mistakes, all his frustrations, he felt his entire body turn to jelly as he cramped up from head to toe. "I had a full-body convulsion," Sanders says. "My body broke down. Physically I couldn't take it, and mentally I really couldn't take it."

Sanders asked to be excused to the bathroom. "Oh, don't worry," Kidd said as Sanders walked away. "We'll wait, then run some more." Sanders left the facility and took himself to the hospital, spending the night there. Few knew what happened in the aftermath, and he didn't have the energy then to talk about it.

"I don't think he's a bad person," Sanders says about Kidd, "but mentally, he kind, like, brain ****ed me a little. It was a lot of, I love you, kiss you on the cheek, now it's all about money, who cares about your mental health, your body breaking down."

"I'm happy. I'm in a much better place now," he says. "I'm sorry it had to go out the way it did."

MrFonzworth
08-12-2021, 05:33 PM
Not surprised. He beat the living shit out of his wife

FultzNationRISE
08-12-2021, 05:43 PM
"Zaza," Kidd said, turning to Pachulia but addressing the group, "do you think this was a winnable game?"

"Yes it was a winnable game," Pachulia said.

"And do you think we deserve the next two days off?"

Pachulia couldn't believe Kidd had put him in that situation, threatening to ruin Christmas. Pachulia tried to strike a diplomatic tone: "You know what, Coach–I understand the frustration. We're all frustrated because this was a game we were supposed to win. We didn't give enough effort. But at the same time, this is a holiday. Christmas is important to our families. It's not about us; it's about our families. Guys have made plans."

Kidd then turned to Dudley. "What do you think? Should we take these next two days off?"

Dudley, too, gave a diplomatic answer.

But Kidd wasn't satisfied. "See you guys tomorrow at 9:00 a.m."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," players said. "What do you mean?"

"We're going to have practice tomorrow."

"We booked flights to different places!"

"I don't care. You guys get paid to do a job, so you're doing your job tomorrow. Things change."

Savage :roll:

tpols
08-12-2021, 05:44 PM
That's old school tough coaching. Only today's pussified load management era would have a problem with that.

tpols
08-12-2021, 05:46 PM
"Everybody was so tired that nobody was thinking about Christmas," Pachulia says. "We didn't have energy left to open gifts."

:roll:

I literally laughed out load. This could be a parody.

Smoke117
08-12-2021, 05:52 PM
Kidd being the world class dickhead we all know him to be.

tpols
08-12-2021, 05:54 PM
Kidd being the world class dickhead we all know him to be.

Still a better player than Chris Small.

Smoke117
08-12-2021, 05:57 PM
Still a better player than Chris Small.

Except he isn't. Only thing he has on CP3 is defense and Chris Paul was stil a world class defensive player in his own right. He had a far bigger overall impact throughout his career. Good job on being wrong once again.

Ghost1
08-12-2021, 05:59 PM
He's not man enough to do this to Luka

tpols
08-12-2021, 06:00 PM
Except he isn't. Only thing he has on CP3 is defense and Chris Paul was stil a world class defensive player in his own right. He had a far bigger overall impact throughout his career. Good job on being wrong once again.

Paul was literally being hunted on defense in the Finals. There's threads and clips on it. He's a joke defender when it counts. While Kidd turned a 20 win team into a championship contender and anchored a #1 defense.

Smoke117
08-12-2021, 06:04 PM

Paul was literally being hunted on defense in the Finals. There's threads and clips on it. He's a joke defender when it counts. While Kidd turned a 20 win team into a championship contender and anchored a #1 defense.

Yes, let's bring up an old Paul and then compare him to Jason Kidd in his prime. Also, no one was anchoring the Nets defense. They had a lot of players playing good defense. There was no one player anchoring it dominance like a David Robinson or something. You're such a paint eating retard. Go be obnoxious somewhere else, peasant.

3ba11
08-12-2021, 06:11 PM
Yes, let's bring up an old Paul and then compare him to Jason Kidd in his prime. You're such a paint eating retard. Go be obnoxious somewhere else, peasant.

Kidd led 3 teams to the Finals and beat a super-team to win a chip... CP3 can't touch that - CP3 is a predictable ball-dominator that loses his ass for his entire career

Smoke117
08-12-2021, 06:25 PM
Kidd led 3 teams to the Finals and beat a super-team to win a chip... CP3 can't touch that - CP3 is a predictable ball-dominator that loses his ass for his entire career

The east were pathetically weak in the early 2000s. Paul could have easily led those teams to the finals, too. And Kidd didn't lead Dallas anywhere. That was Dirk who did that. I'd also hardly call the 2011 Heat a super team. Outside of the big 3 they were garbage. You've also never even watched CP3 as you've told us yourself you haven't watched basketball in over 10 years so you don't get to have opinions on players you don't watch.

ArbitraryWater
08-12-2021, 06:44 PM
He beat up his wife, im not surprised.

RRR3
08-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Smoke FIENDISHLY bullying Tpols :biggums:

No mercy.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-12-2021, 07:05 PM
Bucks became a dynasty without him pretty much. The curry warriors and giannis bucks have 2 rings right now if it wasn't for Kawhi\Lebron in 16\19.

So that makes Kidd the Mark Jackson of the bucks. Luka is never going to win shit hahahhahaha

MrFonzworth
08-12-2021, 07:06 PM
Smoke FIENDISHLY bullying Tpols :biggums:

No mercy.

If anyone knows about being bullied it's you

k0kakw0rld
08-12-2021, 07:08 PM
Not surprised. He beat the living shit out of his wife
The same way the Raptors beat the shit ouf your 76ers and made Embiid cry on national TV like a b-tch.

k0kakw0rld
08-12-2021, 07:09 PM
Bucks became a dynasty without him pretty much. The curry warriors and giannis bucks have 2 rings right now if it wasn't for Kawhi\Lebron in 16\19.

So that makes Kidd the Mark Jackson of the bucks. Luka is never going to win shit hahahhahaha
How many years after?

He basically made who Gianins is today. Giannis will be the first to tell you that as well.

Shogon
08-12-2021, 08:00 PM
That's old school tough coaching. Only today's pussified load management era would have a problem with that.

That's not tough coaching. That's psychotic behavior. Putting people in the hospital and some of which might have dropped dead from heart attacks had they kept going?

Your body can only take so much no matter how youthful and in shape you are.

Besides, health risks aside, you will lose more than you gain when you work out past a certain point. There is a balance you have to hit. It can't just be 20 hour practices every day or however many ridiculous hours (not talking about this situation specifically here). There's a certain sweet spot window that you need to get to but not exceed and he clearly exceeded that for no real reason other than punishment.

Im Still Ballin
08-12-2021, 08:04 PM
That's not tough coaching. That's psychotic behavior. Putting people in the hospital and some of which might have dropped dead from heart attacks had they kept going?

Your body can only take so much no matter how youthful and in shape you are.

Besides, health risks aside, you will lose more than you gain when you work out past a certain point. There is a balance you have to hit. It can't just be 20 hour practices every day or however many ridiculous hours (not talking about this situation specifically here). There's a certain sweet spot window that you need to get to but not exceed and he clearly exceeded that.

You're a pretty good writer, but you overuse full stops. It creates a jarring effect on the flow of your writing. I suggest using the colon and semicolon more frequently, as well as the em dash.

Just my two cents.

AlternativeAcc.
05-16-2022, 02:37 PM
Survivorship bias

Now Kidd is renowned as a great head coach :oldlol:

BarberSchool
05-17-2022, 11:30 AM
So that makes Kidd the Mark Jackson of the bucks.Brutal.
Kidd does not deserve to be compared to Mark Jackson.

As bad as what was posted is, that grinch Sh!t, it ain’t as bad as:

- Wanting Steph & Klay both, to shoot a lot less 3’s, and go to the bucket more.

- After another first round exit, being told by Bob Myers, that Jackson has a blank unlimited check to sign whatever offensive assistant he wants to, for any amount of money, and instead of swallowing his pride and pairing himself with the best offensive coach available on the market, Jackson stupidly and stubbornly says “No thanks, we’re good with the staff we have currently”. And when Bob Myers explained the situation to him, that they think he genuinely needed another offensive minded coach, who understood modern NBA offensive direction, to maximize what GSW management believes to be generationally defining talents like Steph & Klay, Jackson stubbornly doubled down, reiterating the stupid “like I said, we’re fine going forward with the staff we currently have.”

- Again, Jackson unequivocally wanted Steph & Klay both, to shoot a lot less 3’s, and go to the bucket more.

- Creating a fake beef on his own team, with his own lies. Attempting to frame Festus Ezeli as being against the success of his own teammates, only to have it blow up in his face when players had a meeting, then went to management, and got Jackson shitcanned for good.

I could keep going….
(There are many great reasons why no NBA team has given jackson another shot, and never will)

warriorfan
05-17-2022, 11:47 AM
Brutal.
Kidd does not deserve to be compared to Mark Jackson.

As bad as what was posted is, that grinch Sh!t, it ain’t as bad as:

- Wanting Steph & Klay both, to shoot a lot less 3’s, and go to the bucket more.

- After another first round exit, being told by Bob Myers, that Jackson has a blank unlimited check to sign whatever offensive assistant he wants to, for any amount of money, and instead of swallowing his pride and pairing himself with the best offensive coach available on the market, Jackson stupidly and stubbornly says “No thanks, we’re good with the staff we have currently”. And when Bob Myers explained the situation to him, that they think he genuinely needed another offensive minded coach, who understood modern NBA offensive direction, to maximize what GSW management believes to be generationally defining talents like Steph & Klay, Jackson stubbornly doubled down, reiterating the stupid “like I said, we’re fine going forward with the staff we currently have.”

- Again, Jackson unequivocally wanted Steph & Klay both, to shoot a lot less 3’s, and go to the bucket more.

- Creating a fake beef on his own team, with his own lies. Attempting to frame Festus Ezeli as being against the success of his own teammates, only to have it blow up in his face when players had a meeting, then went to management, and got Jackson shitcanned for good.

I could keep going….
(There are many great reasons why no NBA team has given jackson another shot, and never will)

He also told the team and fully believed Harrison Barnes was in a slump because he was possessed by a Demon.

BarberSchool
05-17-2022, 01:04 PM
He also told the team and fully believed Harrison Barnes was in a slump because he was possessed by a Demon.
Exactly.

We could keep on going, and I encourage everyone to share their personal favorite WTF Mark Jackson is this nicca serious ? moments.

There are 4,080 reasons why no team has given Mark Jackson any type of coaching job since the Warriors sh!tcanned him.

jayfan
05-17-2022, 01:20 PM

Impact? What impact was that?

Every pro-Paul argument revolves around stats. Where's the results?

ImKobe
05-17-2022, 01:21 PM
Survivorship bias

Now Kidd is renowned as a great head coach :oldlol:

Completely changed the Mavs' identity in his first season as a HC in Dallas.

Mavs were known for their offense and not playing any D and are now defensive-minded & a legitimate championship contender without adding another star/superstar to the mix. And it's not just a fluke Playoff run either, they've had the 2nd best record since Jan 1st and he's proven to be capable of making key adjustments in the POs so far. No other team thought about attacking CP0 on the defensive end until he started doing it in the last 5 games of the series, which is coincidentally the most times anyone's targeted Paul over the last 9 years of his career.