PDA

View Full Version : Simmons is trying to shift the focus on his trade demand..

LAL
09-01-2021, 03:55 AM
So Sixers and fans won't notice how he didn't improve his shooting yet again this summer. At least not right away.

Weren't there reports beginning of the off season about him finally firing his shooting coach aka his brother or something?

HylianNightmare
09-01-2021, 04:12 AM
The video of him playing pickup in some open gym made him look like prime kobe so I believe him

Sportal
09-01-2021, 04:26 AM
It's not his mechanics though, right? It's all in his head.

GOBB
09-01-2021, 06:13 AM
He works on his shooting. He just doesn’t shoot during the season. How do you determine he doesn’t work on his shooting when there’s actual proof of him shooting during the offseason? In live games and workouts (with Maxey)?

Is the cool thing to say he didn’t work on his shooting?

RRR3
09-01-2021, 09:15 AM
The video of him playing pickup in some open gym made him look like prime kobe so I believe him
Kobe could actually play like that in a real game though.

Spuddywebby
09-01-2021, 10:14 AM
He works on his shooting. He just doesn’t shoot during the season. How do you determine he doesn’t work on his shooting when there’s actual proof of him shooting during the offseason? In live games and workouts (with Maxey)?

Is the cool thing to say he didn’t work on his shooting?

Shooting in a pickup game is not working on your shooting. Working on your shooting mechanics, finding your “spots” on the court and shooting hundreds of shots from there, working on shooting off the dribble etc, that is working on your shot. He may be doing all these things, but that is now what those videos show. If you have bad mechanics and you shoot a thousand bad shots, that is not working on your shot.

AirBonner
09-01-2021, 11:02 AM
Ben Simmons 2019: I'm confident that I'm not a great shooter. I'm getting better, though.

Ben Simmons 2021: There's things I need to work on which I'm going to do

This guy isn’t doing shit to improve :oldlol:

rawimpact
09-01-2021, 11:17 AM
So he's requesting a trade to a California based team.

Clippers and Lakers probably will not gut their roster to absorb that contract I don't think, so that leaves us with the Kings and Warriors. I don't believe the former has the assets, and do the warriors want another one-way player?

Wiggins for Simmons?

Edit: Requesting is the wrong word... I should say demanding considering reports are saying he's not intending to show up to camp

GOBB
09-01-2021, 04:20 PM
Shooting in a pickup game is not working on your shooting. Working on your shooting mechanics, finding your “spots” on the court and shooting hundreds of shots from there, working on shooting off the dribble etc, that is working on your shot. He may be doing all these things, but that is now what those videos show. If you have bad mechanics and you shoot a thousand bad shots, that is not working on your shot.

I forgot this is the internet where everyone is a professional. Nice to meet you shooting coach. There’s no footage of him shooting from certain spots over and over recently (there is in past). There’s no footage of him shooting off the dribble. To assume he doesn’t do it is silly. But again it’s the cool thing to say.

GOBB
09-01-2021, 04:21 PM
Ben Simmons 2019: I'm confident that I'm not a great shooter. I'm getting better, though.

Ben Simmons 2021: There's things I need to work on which I'm going to do

This guy isn’t doing shit to improve :oldlol:

Neither are the Celtics. Yikes.

AirBonner
09-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Neither are the Celtics. Yikes.

Getting a $28 million player for 5 is making moves bud. Atleast we don’t have max contract players afraid to shoot

GOBB
09-01-2021, 06:00 PM
Getting a $28 million player for 5 is making moves bud. Atleast we don’t have max contract players afraid to shoot

Your franchise has done what exactly? Nba finals appearance? Ecf title? Nah? Are you guys predicted to win the conference? The division? To be better than the Sixers? No? Oh ok.

So basically like Philly you haven’t done much. Danny the genius. Brad Stevens the best coach. Blah blah, nothing to show for it.

AirBonner
09-01-2021, 06:07 PM
We don’t have Doc Rivers as the coach. That’s a huge win

GOBB
09-01-2021, 06:09 PM
We don’t have Doc Rivers as the coach. That’s a huge win

Yeah you just had one that was just as overrated lol kudos! That playoff win %, huge win!

AirBonner
09-01-2021, 06:14 PM
Yeah you just had one that was just as overrated lol kudos! That playoff win %, huge win!

We don’t have anyone near as good as Embiid yet we have gone just as far more times

Mask the Embiid
09-01-2021, 06:30 PM
We don’t have anyone near as good as Embiid

Glad you know it and accept it

https://media2.giphy.com/media/fYAx4K6caJp8XnbA7M/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524d871d5f5fa0eee1e68dc7d71b7c 75f3b50ca316&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

AirBonner
09-01-2021, 06:32 PM
Glad you know it and accept it

https://media2.giphy.com/media/fYAx4K6caJp8XnbA7M/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524d871d5f5fa0eee1e68dc7d71b7c 75f3b50ca316&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
Yet we still whoop that ass ;)

GOBB
09-01-2021, 06:37 PM
We don’t have anyone near as good as Embiid yet we have gone just as far more times

F*cking clown. You talked all that horford embiid stopper. Now you giving Embiid props after the fact? Lame. And Tatum, brown, Kyrie/kemba so called best coach in the NBA. And here we are with you crying you don’t have anyone as good as embiid. Keep underachieving Boston and making exuses for it while being on the sixers nutsac

AirBonner
09-01-2021, 06:43 PM
F*cking clown. You talked all that horford embiid stopper. Now you giving Embiid props after the fact? Lame. And Tatum, brown, Kyrie/kemba so called best coach in the NBA. And here we are with you crying you don’t have anyone as good as embiid. Keep underachieving Boston and making exuses for it while being on the sixers nutsac
Meltdown bud

Druckenmiller
09-02-2021, 02:23 AM
One thing is for sure, if he is working on his shooting (doubtful) he’s gotten less out of his work than anyone in the history of the sport.

The numbers say he hasn’t improved at all. If anything, he’s gotten worse.

Lonzo Ball has worked on his shooting. And gotten better. Ben is scared to shoot. Can’t fix that.

Spurs m8
09-02-2021, 06:33 AM
This guy is the least aussie, aussie ever

Fvck this entitled clown

You don't get to pick where you go, when you refuse to play for your team any further...you are a liability when it matters.

Let's hope he ends up on the Wolves, Portland or OKC...something like that

GOBB
09-02-2021, 07:25 AM
One thing is for sure, if he is working on his shooting (doubtful) he’s gotten less out of his work than anyone in the history of the sport.

The numbers say he hasn’t improved at all. If anything, he’s gotten worse.

Lonzo Ball has worked on his shooting. And gotten better. Ben is scared to shoot. Can’t fix that.

What numbers? There is no sample size with 3’s. His ft shooting is the same. His ft shooting in the playoffs is an anomaly. Not even here to argue if he works on his shooting or not. I want you to show me the numbers that prove otherwise.

AirBonner
09-02-2021, 12:59 PM
What numbers? There is no sample size with 3’s. His ft shooting is the same. His ft shooting in the playoffs is an anomaly. Not even here to argue if he works on his shooting or not. I want you to show me the numbers that prove otherwise.

You are full of excuses. Stfu

Charlie Sheen
09-02-2021, 01:21 PM
I do believe there's a big part of Ben's makeup that would rather not try at all than put himself out there and risk failure for success. He's kind of a ***** who has never heard anything but how great he is for most of his life. He ain't willing to risk any of that and open himself up to criticism. Like the dudes who done nothing with their lives and talk a big game about all the things they could have done... if they wanted to

Jasper
09-02-2021, 05:52 PM
Actually going back in my high school / playground league days :
A good player who passed always asked where my sweat spot was...
Most coachs like a player to have at least 3 sweat spots.
Looking at the Bucks , how they space it is all written in their chip year.
I had left side of free throw line , baseline, preferred left side, and right side low post.

Mask the Embiid
09-02-2021, 05:57 PM
This guy is the least aussie, aussie ever

Fvck this entitled clown

You don't get to pick where you go, when you refuse to play for your team any further...you are a liability when it matters.

Let's hope he ends up on the Wolves, Portland or OKC...something like that

Exactly!

I know of 2 Aussies and they are both entitled sacks of shit who bch and moan til they get their way. Crying for a new team or name change or something of that sort. F both of them guys

"o i dont like my team change it...o i dont like my name again change it!"

Anyway had to vent a little bit m8 see ya later brody