PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to the Lakers and Nets is embarrassing

StrongLurk
09-03-2021, 08:49 PM
The amount of team stacking and ring chasing is honestly embarrassing at this point. Is the rest of the NBA looking at these two teams and shaking their heads at the lack of competing? What are the Luka's, the Jokic's, the Lillard's, the Butler's supposed to do when all these players can just end up on two teams like this?

The Nets were already bad enough last year, and now the Laker's have almost an entirely new team. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Westbrook will make the Lakers a better team...but damn there are more than just two teams in the NBA.

The NBA would be a lot better if a guy like Harden ended up on the Sixers last year or if Westbrook maybe ended up on the Heat. I'm absolutely fine if players like Lillard who are loyal to a team for 7-10 years want to change teams...but shit can we not allow superstars to join teams who are already elite? I understand Westbrook was traded, but guys like AD and Harden and PG/Kawhi FORCED themselves off teams, and KD joining the 16 Warrios after blowing a 3-1 lead to them can't even be topped.

Idk, it feels like the NBA needs a major reset somehow. We all know the Suns/Bucks only made it to the finals due to massive injuries to their opponents, that won't be the norm.

MadDog
09-03-2021, 08:52 PM
Agree with you. I made a topic on Barkley who spoke on this. Well mostly about Klutch sports. He believes Rich Paul has been tampering and conspiring to get LeBron/Lakers the free agents. Problem is, Brooklyn is getting these players too. AND SOME. Superteams are cool to watch if there are a few in each conference. When its just 2 teams, meh.

Shogon
09-03-2021, 08:53 PM
It's not the fault of the players nor is it the fault of the NBA.

It's the fault of brain dead fans and brain dead sports analysts that attribute team victories to individual players and base a player's entire career's worth by the number of rings they get, which is largely out of their control.

The players don't assemble the rosters, supporting casts, and coaches... and yet they are harshly judged on championships... so it's natural this was always the result.

StrongLurk
09-03-2021, 09:00 PM
It's not the fault of the players nor is it the fault of the NBA.

It's the fault of brain dead fans and brain dead sports analysts that attribute team victories to individual players and base a player's entire career's worth by the number of rings they get, which is largely out of their control.

The players don't assemble the rosters, supporting casts, and coaches... and yet they are harshly judged on championships... so it's natural this was always the result.

I agree that the NBA fanbase is easily the dumbest fanbase out of any major sport. Too many people literally think ppg and rings...and that's it. That's all they are capable of.

But still...the NBA has been in a shit state ever since Durant joined the Warriors. The only good year where we actually had a balanced league was 2020...and we ended up with Covid/the bubble.

Every other year recently has had a Durant led team be grossly stacked.

Shogon
09-03-2021, 09:09 PM
I agree that the NBA fanbase is easily the dumbest fanbase out of any major sport. Too many people literally think ppg and rings...and that's it. That's all they are capable of.

But still...the NBA has been in a shit state ever since Durant joined the Warriors. The only good year where we actually had a balanced league was 2020...and we ended up with Covid/the bubble.

Every other year recently has had a Durant led team be grossly stacked.

PPG and rings... that's it.

Ok, so not only was the stacking always going to be a natural result, but we're also in a very special/weird time...

Speaking of Kevin Durant... he is arguably the most insecure player in the history of the NBA, never mind superstar... so of course he's going to stack the deck.

And LeBron is probably the most calculated player in the history of the NBA from an image standpoint and also incredibly insecure, also going to stack the deck.

So yeah, once both of these two guys retire, you MIGHT see things go back to 'normal'... maybe... but I wouldn't bet on it... people are teaming up all over the place.

iamgine
09-03-2021, 09:18 PM
Fans seems to like it. NBA revenue has grown tremendously. The team with the most revenue by far was the stacked GSW during Durant's tenure there.

Seems like team stacking are actually good for the NBA. Even the teams who can't compete benefits from the luxury tax generated.

RRR3
09-03-2021, 09:47 PM
The Lakers will be an absolute trainwreck I wouldn’t be concerned about them.

SATAN
09-03-2021, 11:32 PM
Kevin Durant is cancer.

Mr. Woke
09-04-2021, 05:38 AM
The amount of team stacking and ring chasing is honestly embarrassing at this point. Is the rest of the NBA looking at these two teams and shaking their heads at the lack of competing? What are the Luka's, the Jokic's, the Lillard's, the Butler's supposed to do when all these players can just end up on two teams like this?

The Nets were already bad enough last year, and now the Laker's have almost an entirely new team. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Westbrook will make the Lakers a better team...but damn there are more than just two teams in the NBA.

The NBA would be a lot better if a guy like Harden ended up on the Sixers last year or if Westbrook maybe ended up on the Heat. I'm absolutely fine if players like Lillard who are loyal to a team for 7-10 years want to change teams...but shit can we not allow superstars to join teams who are already elite? I understand Westbrook was traded, but guys like AD and Harden and PG/Kawhi FORCED themselves off teams, and KD joining the 16 Warrios after blowing a 3-1 lead to them can't even be topped.

Idk, it feels like the NBA needs a major reset somehow. We all know the Suns/Bucks only made it to the finals due to massive injuries to their opponents, that won't be the norm.

The players that the Nets and Lakers have been signing lately are pretty ****ing washed at this point lol. This isn't 2014. Do you even watch the NBA?

Players are still competing. You are crying over nothing, you punk ass bitch.

KD made the right move by going to the Warriors. The Pelicans didn't have to trade AD to LA, they chose to do that. The Spurs didn't have to trade Kawhi, they chose to do that. The Thunder didn't have to trade PG13, they chose to do that. Quit blaming the players, you coward. You give the front offices a pass because you are a pathetic bootlicker.

The NBA doesn't need a reset. Super teams and super-duper teams (actual ones and ones on paper) have always existed throughout NBA history. Study history instead of whining like a lil sissy.

People like you are pathetic.

Mr. Woke
09-04-2021, 05:40 AM
Agree with you. I made a topic on Barkley who spoke on this. Well mostly about Klutch sports. He believes Rich Paul has been tampering and conspiring to get LeBron/Lakers the free agents. Problem is, Brooklyn is getting these players too. AND SOME. Superteams are cool to watch if there are a few in each conference. When its just 2 teams, meh.

What good free agents have the Lakers signed this summer?

All agents tamper to a certain extent and do everything they can to help their clients. Quit acting like Rich is the only agent doing that.

Manny98
LeBron started it never forget

https://youtu.be/Afpgnb_9bA4

Mr. Woke
Kevin Durant is cancer.

You are a cancerous individual.

I would be embarrassed if my son turned out to be like you.

Mr. Woke
09-04-2021, 05:41 AM

Wrong.

Super teams/super-duper teams have existed in the NBA since the 1950s/60s with those stacked Celtics teams.

Manny98
09-04-2021, 05:41 AM
The Lakers will be an absolute trainwreck I wouldn’t be concerned about them.
Look at this bitch damage controlling before the season has even started

Lakers are loaded through the ceiling anything less than a championship would be a huge disappointment

Manny98
09-04-2021, 05:43 AM
Wrong.

Super teams/super-duper teams have existed in the NBA since the 1950s/60s with those stacked Celtics teams.
That's different because everyone on those Celtics teams were drafted by the Celtics aka organic

Mr. Woke
09-04-2021, 05:43 AM
PPG and rings... that's it.

Ok, so not only was the stacking always going to be a natural result, but we're also in a very special/weird time...

Speaking of Kevin Durant... he is arguably the most insecure player in the history of the NBA, never mind superstar... so of course he's going to stack the deck.

And LeBron is probably the most calculated player in the history of the NBA from an image standpoint and also incredibly insecure, also going to stack the deck.

So yeah, once both of these two guys retire, you MIGHT see things go back to 'normal'... maybe... but I wouldn't bet on it... people are teaming up all over the place.

Everyone in this forum is more insecure than KD or LeBron. KD is a top 20 player of all time who is a proven champion. LeBron is one of the three best players of all time and a proven champion.

Super teams and super-duper teams have always existed throughout NBA history.

People like you are unbelievably stupid and insecure.

Mr. Woke
09-04-2021, 05:45 AM
That's different because everyone on those Celtics teams were drafted by the Celtics aka organic

The draft isn't the only way to build a team lol.

You build a team through the draft, trades, and free agency. That is all organic.

Putting all your eggs in one basket (the draft) is unbelievably moronic.

You are a pathetic hypocrite.

Mr. Woke
09-04-2021, 05:46 AM
Fans seems to like it. NBA revenue has grown tremendously. The team with the most revenue by far was the stacked GSW during Durant's tenure there.

Seems like team stacking are actually good for the NBA. Even the teams who can't compete benefits from the luxury tax generated.

The NBA has actually had more parity in the last 10 years than the NBA of the 80s/90s.

However, many pathetic posters in this forum conveniently forget that.

Manny98
09-04-2021, 05:51 AM
The draft isn't the only way to build a team lol.

You build a team through the draft, trades, and free agency. That is all organic.

Putting all your eggs in one basket (the draft) is unbelievably moronic.

You are a pathetic hypocrite.
Hypocrite?

What did I say that was hypocritical?

Mr. Woke
09-04-2021, 05:54 AM
Hypocrite?

What did I say that was hypocritical?

You bitch about super teams/super-duper teams in the modern era, while not bitching about super teams/super-duper teams from previous eras.

If you're gonna act like an insecure bitch and whine about dominant teams, at least be consistent.

Manny98
09-04-2021, 06:00 AM
You bitch about super teams/super-duper teams in the modern era, while not bitching about super teams/super-duper teams from previous eras.

If you're gonna act like an insecure bitch and whine about dominant teams, at least be consistent.
Who's whining?

I said that LeBron started the trend of players getting together and forming superteams not that I had a massive problem with it

The team that I root for is a literal superteam lol

Mr. Woke
09-04-2021, 06:03 AM
Who's whining?

I said that LeBron started the trend of players getting together and forming superteams not that I had a massive problem with it

The team that I root for is a literal superteam lol

You and your ilk.

Super teams and super-duper teams have existed since the 50s and 60s though.

HylianNightmare
09-04-2021, 06:18 AM
Cry more. I'm a magic fan. Just pick a side and bandwagon away

SATAN
09-04-2021, 06:21 AM
You are a cancerous individual.

I would be embarrassed if my son turned out to be like you.

Kill yourself.

SATAN
09-04-2021, 06:22 AM

You are a young idiot who doesn't know anything about anything. Wake up to yourself.

Mr. Woke
09-04-2021, 06:26 AM
Kill yourself.

You kill yourself.

SATAN
09-04-2021, 06:30 AM
No.

8Ball
09-04-2021, 07:30 AM

Wrong.

Celtics in 2008 started it.

Manny98
09-04-2021, 07:43 AM
Wrong.

Celtics in 2008 started it.

:facepalm

1. KG and Allen were aquired through trades

2. They were both past there primes when they joined the Celtics

Axe
09-04-2021, 08:17 AM
I think the 2000 lakers started it.

GOBB
09-04-2021, 08:44 AM
The Butlers? As in Jimmy Butler? Miami is a prime destination for players. They are up there with the LA and BK of teams that guys want to go too. If a free agent or star player forcing their way out had their choice of Philly or Miami it’s Miami 11 out of 10 times.

Nba is corny for how guys are going to the same places. Some taking below market value. But I wouldn’t put Miami with the teams unfortunate of not getting anyone.

GOBB
09-04-2021, 08:51 AM
:facepalm

1. KG and Allen were aquired through trades

2. They were both past there primes when they joined the Celtics

Kg avg 22-13-4 while Ray avg 26-4-4. Stop acting like they were a shell of themselves.

jbryan1984
09-04-2021, 02:00 PM
It gets eyeballs on the screen and that is what matters. Honestly though I have enjoyed seeing teams like Milwaukee and Toronto win these past few years. It shows some hope that real well built teams can defeat the forced stack of stars.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-04-2021, 03:13 PM
They're all lining up to join these two. These players wanna ring BAD :lol

3ba11
09-04-2021, 03:17 PM

The

^^^ their only option is to team up like KD did - KD teamed up to combat Lebron's super-teams and now Luka and company need to team-up to compete with KD/Lebron

That's why Lebron is a bitch - he started this shit

The league is WWE now with 2 teams scheduled to meet in the Finals and all the media narrative will support this desired outcome

Spurs m8
09-05-2021, 03:01 AM
It's just boring...

No one can be excited about this...and if you are, you're a pvssy who doesn't appreciate real sport and competition....so go rub ya clit

These are the cowards that Giannis called out...

No one is impressed...its actually embarrassing.

LeBron is actually just tarnishing his already average legacy at this point...
You watch...in 10-20 years he will be remembered for running away and stacking the deck, first and foremost.

The Bron stans on here might try and gaslight with mental gymnastics, but we and the average fan has a brain...that is how he will be remembered.

I reckon once the weaklings like Bron, Harden and KD retire, we will see a shift back to real competition with real players like Trae, Luka, etc..

The only young player I see taking the coward path is Zion, but he isn't going to live up to the weird hype he had anyway...so whatever

NBAGOAT
09-05-2021, 05:33 AM
Boring with 2 teams though if finals is lakers-nets it’ll definitely attract the casual fan. Think it could be really fun if it became 3-4 teams however even with no parity as conference finals would be great. Possibilities include if Simmons becomes dame or Beal for Philly or the clippers could turn a couple of their mid tier contracts into a really good 3rd guy or Michael porter jr develops into an all star in the next year or two and Murray comes back 100% and becomes more consistent to be an all star too. Mil isn’t quite a super team but they’re not too far off with their big 3 and people are decently excited for nets-bucks

Duderonomy
09-05-2021, 01:53 PM
I'm surprised no one is joining the Suns, Bucks, or Jazz.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
09-05-2021, 06:52 PM
Boston had Pierce, KG, Ray Allen...Lebron countered with joining DWade, Bosh....then Warriors countered with KD, Curry, Klay, Green, Iggy......then somehow Lebron beat them with Irving, Love.

2020(year of the bubble) seemed like Lakers, Clippers, Denver, Bucks, Raptors, and Boston all had a shot at winning it all.

2020-2021 Brooklyn countered with KD, Irving, Harden, Harris, ect.

2021-2022 Lakers countered with Lebron, AD, Westbrook, and a bunch of old guys who has 1 foot out of the league.

What are teams suppose to do, you think anyone is in the conversation to win the NBA championship next season besides Brooklyn? Lakers added Westbrook(4 teams in 4 years who cant shoot) to counter but its not a guarantee fit and can argue the move doesnt make since. Its not like LA is adding Klay or a Beal type of players.

Thenameless
09-05-2021, 07:40 PM
The Pelicans didn't have to trade AD to LA, they chose to do that.

I'm a Lakers fan, so I like having AD on the team. But, the truth is more than what you are simply saying. You're right in saying that the Pelicans didn't have to trade him to LA, but if you look deeper they did kind of have to. At the start, only a trade was demanded, but when it looked like Boston might be able to beat the Lakers' offer, AD's camp made it clear to any other team that he would only play there for a year, and when he hit free agency he would still go to the Lakers. No team is going to trade a bunch of valuable assets for AD in this scenario. So, the Pelicans' hands were tied. In order to get the best return, they had to send him to the Lakers.

In much the same vein, Harden forced his way out of Houston onto the Nets.

And now we have two super teams.

I'm a Lakers fan yes, but I can see how fans of other teams aren't too happy about simply being feeders for the few contenders.

Xiao Yao You
09-05-2021, 07:42 PM
I'm surprised no one is joining the Suns, Bucks, or Jazz.

those teams don't need as much help

Xiao Yao You
09-05-2021, 07:43 PM
I'm a Lakers fan, so I like having AD on the team. But, the truth is more than what you are simply saying. You're right in saying that the Pelicans didn't have to trade him to LA, but if you look deeper they did kind of have to. At the start, only a trade was demanded, but when it looked like Boston might be able to beat the Lakers' offer, AD's camp made it clear to any other team that he would only play there for a year, and when he hit free agency he would still go to the Lakers. No team is going to trade a bunch of valuable assets for AD in this scenario. So, the Pelicans' hands were tied. In order to get the best return, they had to send him to the Lakers.

I'm a Lakers fan yes, but I can see how fans of other teams aren't too happy about simply being feeders for the few contenders.

The Lakers aren't a super team and until the Nets show it on the floor neither are they. Having a bunch of names doesn't win games

Thenameless
09-05-2021, 07:49 PM
The Lakers aren't a super team and until the Nets show it on the floor neither are they. Having a bunch of names doesn't win games

Why don't you check the betting line on who is favored to come out of the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference?

Tell you what. I'll take the Lakers out of the West, and the Nets out of the East. Who ya got?

Xiao Yao You
09-05-2021, 07:52 PM
Why don't you check the betting line on who is favored to come out of the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference?

Tell you what. I'll take the Lakers out of the West, and the Nets out of the East. Who ya got?

Lebron has been hurt for 3 straight years. He's not getting younger. Father Time is undefeated. Davis is always hurt. Westbrook isn't carrying anyone anywhere. Them and the Nets were the favorites last year as well. What happened?

Thenameless
09-05-2021, 07:52 PM
The Butlers? As in Jimmy Butler? Miami is a prime destination for players. They are up there with the LA and BK of teams that guys want to go too. If a free agent or star player forcing their way out had their choice of Philly or Miami it’s Miami 11 out of 10 times.

Nba is corny for how guys are going to the same places. Some taking below market value. But I wouldn’t put Miami with the teams unfortunate of not getting anyone.

That might be true, but only for now. In the next fifty years, the Lakers will still attract more Hall of Famers than any other team. Miami, Golden State, and Brooklyn are all just a flavor of the month type deal.

Thenameless
09-05-2021, 07:53 PM
Lebron has been hurt for 3 straight years. He's not getting younger. Father Time is undefeated. Davis is always hurt. Westbrook isn't carrying anyone anywhere. Them and the Nets were the favorites last year as well. What happened?

I didn't see you pick any other teams there bud.

Xiao Yao You
09-05-2021, 07:56 PM
I didn't see you pick any other teams there bud.

Bucks are the team to beat obviously. Jazz and Suns are still the best in the west with Kawai, Murray,and Klay out. I think Portland is a darkhorse. See if Billups can coach

Thenameless
09-05-2021, 08:01 PM
Bucks are the team to beat obviously. Jazz and Suns are still the best in the west with Kawai, Murray,and Klay out. I think Portland is a darkhorse. See if Billups can coach

Okay, I'm feeling generous today. I'll give you the handicap. You get three teams, I get two. Lakers and Nets for me. Bucks, Jazz, and Suns for you. Let's see how this plays out.

Xiao Yao You
09-05-2021, 08:06 PM
Okay, I'm feeling generous today. I'll give you the handicap. You get three teams, I get two. Lakers and Nets for me. Bucks, Jazz, and Suns for you. Let's see how this plays out.

that's why they play games

Manny98
09-05-2021, 08:13 PM
Jazz are getting bounced in the first round :roll:

Axe
09-05-2021, 08:15 PM
I remember when op jinxed the nets by making a thread suggesting that they're bound to be champions this year. Just for good laughs lol.

Xiao Yao You
09-05-2021, 08:15 PM
Jazz are getting bounced in the first round :roll:

they might. Obviously having a coach that can make adjustments and the greatest player in franchise history playing D and passing the ball helps

Jasper
09-06-2021, 10:15 AM

you nailed it again.
But last time a stacked LA team with the glove and mailman , failed to get to the finals ... so anything can be exposed.

Mr. Woke
09-06-2021, 07:21 PM
It's just boring...

No one can be excited about this...and if you are, you're a pvssy who doesn't appreciate real sport and competition....so go rub ya clit

These are the cowards that Giannis called out...

No one is impressed...its actually embarrassing.

LeBron is actually just tarnishing his already average legacy at this point...
You watch...in 10-20 years he will be remembered for running away and stacking the deck, first and foremost.

The Bron stans on here might try and gaslight with mental gymnastics, but we and the average fan has a brain...that is how he will be remembered.

I reckon once the weaklings like Bron, Harden and KD retire, we will see a shift back to real competition with real players like Trae, Luka, etc..

The only young player I see taking the coward path is Zion, but he isn't going to live up to the weird hype he had anyway...so whatever

You have zero legacy, you pathetic hater.

People like you have zero courage or integrity.

Giannis is incredibly lucky to have a ring. I personally don't respect it that much.

Mr. Woke
09-06-2021, 07:22 PM

No they didn't. They chose to trade AD.

Other teams need to accept responsibility for their decisions instead of blaming the Nets or the Lakers.

BurningHammer
09-06-2021, 07:58 PM
Having evil empires in pro sports is fine since it still doesn't guaranteed any of them will win it all.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2023, 12:58 PM
And nowadays OP wants the Lakers to get Kyrie for Westbrook while I had to check him on maintaining parity :oldlol::oldlol:

If you think this Lakers team with Kyrie is a bullshit ring, then so are all of Lebron's rings outside of the bubble. Those Heat/Cavs teams were definitely better.

The Lakers with Lebron/AD healthy this year still have not been good because of the horrible roster construction and the fact that they are the worst shooting team in the league. So really, if Kyrie comes and then win a ring then that will be very impressive.

There is more to basketball than just two or three players per team. Those other Bron teams had way better shooting/chemistry, plus Bron himself was better. It's funny how you act like Bron is the first option on this Lakers team considering AD has been their best player when healthy.

Besides, if you want to see Bron win a ring then you don't have a choice but to try and accept Kyrie. Lakers aren't doing a damn thing with this current team so idk why you are bitching bout them maybe getting Kyrie. Do you want Bron to miss the playoffs again?

The one good trade is Kyrie dude...otherwise the Lakers are stuck with Westbrook and will not be a contender at all.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?509683-LeBron-with-cryptic-tweet/page2

Fukking moron

BallsOut
02-09-2023, 01:07 PM
And nowadays OP wants the Lakers to get Kyrie for Westbrook while I had to check him on maintaining parity :oldlol::oldlol:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?509683-LeBron-with-cryptic-tweet/page2

Fukking moron

Good on you for exposing StrongLurk. StrongLurk always had been a hypocrite. It’s only okay when it benefits his daddy LeBron. Truly one of the biggest bitches of ISH

nineiron
02-09-2023, 01:08 PM

hmmm, i wonder what coward started this trend?

Wally450
02-09-2023, 01:19 PM
hmmm, i wonder what coward started this trend?

Kevin Durant is your answer.

StrongLurk
02-09-2023, 01:31 PM

Fukking moron

I never said I wanted the Lakers to get Kyrie, I said they NEED to go after him if they want to be a championship contender. You were the one hyping the current team with Westbrook up and I checked your dumbass immediately since the Lakers had back-to-back losses to the other non-playin/playoff teams in the West.

Look at you really spending the time to bump years old threads. My OP was spot on by the way. Sorry that you will be losing money on this years Lakers team...

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2023, 02:18 PM
I never said I wanted the Lakers to get Kyrie, I said they NEED to go after him if they want to be a championship contender. You were the one hyping the current team with Westbrook up and I checked your dumbass immediately since the Lakers had back-to-back losses to the other non-playin/playoff teams in the West.

Look at you really spending the time to bump years old threads. My OP was spot on by the way. Sorry that you will be losing money on this years Lakers team...

So you think this shit is embarrassing for the league, needed a major re-set, yet cleary advocated for the lakers to get Kyrie.

You can twist words now, but you know you wanted the lakers to get Kyrie. Just admit it. You even said you prefered the akers to get kyrie than missing the payoffs again... you admitted it there.

Shameful hypocrite.

StrongLurk
02-09-2023, 02:30 PM
So you think this shit is embarrassing for the league, needed a major re-set, yet cleary advocated for the lakers to get Kyrie.

You can twist words now, but you know you wanted the lakers to get Kyrie. Just admit it. You even said you prefered the akers to get kyrie than missing the payoffs again... you admitted it there.

Shameful hypocrite.

Good luck with the losing bet Arby. Stick to making better financial choices.

BallsOut
02-09-2023, 02:34 PM
Kevin Durant is your answer.

Wrong. LeBron Wade Bosh started it

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2023, 02:36 PM
Good luck with the losing bet Arby. Stick to making better financial choices.

i actuay make money with sports betting but thx, hypocrite

SouBeachTalents
02-09-2023, 02:55 PM

He did get you there. You can’t make a thread saying the Lakers are unfairly stacked, then argue that they NEED to add another all-star just to make the playoffs 18 months later.

The claim the Lakers were unfairly stacked because they got Westbrook was a really bad take regardless :lol

Nike D'Antoni
02-09-2023, 03:05 PM
Lakers won a title during Lebron tenure, this should be Clippers & Nets.

StrongLurk
02-09-2023, 03:26 PM
He did get you there. You can’t make a thread saying the Lakers are unfairly stacked, then argue that they NEED to add another all-star just to make the playoffs 18 months later.

The claim the Lakers were unfairly stacked because they got Westbrook was a really bad take regardless :lol

Re-read my OP. I did not say the Lakers were unfairly stacked. That was referencing the Nets who were absurdly stacked with Harden, KD, Kyrie. Only bad luck/injuries prevented the nets from winning in 21. My main concern was everyone wanting to go to those two teams at that time. "Ring Chasing".

"The amount of team stacking and ring chasing is honestly embarrassing at this point. Is the rest of the NBA looking at these two teams and shaking their heads at the lack of competing? What are the Luka's, the Jokic's, the Lillard's, the Butler's supposed to do when all these players can just end up on two teams like this?

The Nets were already bad enough last year, and now the Laker's have almost an entirely new team. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Westbrook will make the Lakers a better team...but damn there are more than just two teams in the NBA."

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2023, 03:29 PM
Good on you for exposing StrongLurk. StrongLurk always had been a hypocrite. It’s only okay when it benefits his daddy LeBron. Truly one of the biggest bitches of ISH

makes a thread lamenting superteams then wants the lakers to get Kyrie on top of Bron and AD...

some people have weird brains

StrongLurk
02-09-2023, 03:32 PM
makes a thread lamenting superteams then wants the lakers to get Kyrie on top of Bron and AD...

some people have weird brains

You can't read bro. I never said I WANT Kyrie on the Lakers. I said that for them to be a championship contender, their best bet is getting him. I've also responded to you like three times with this same message.

Try reading.

ArbitraryWater
02-09-2023, 03:34 PM
You can't read bro. I never said I WANT Kyrie on the Lakers. I said that for them to be a championship contender, their best bet is getting him.

You absolutely wanted him, stop fronting. You said you prefered them to get Kyrie over the lakers/lebron missing the playoffs again.

literally your persona investment/fandom of lebron led you to wanting an over-the-top superteam, even though you ragged on this principle as the OP of this thread.