PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Kyrie Irving vs 2019 Kyle Lowry playoff runs

HBK_Kliq_2
09-06-2021, 06:30 PM
https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=lowryky01&p1yrfrom=2019&player_id2=irvinky01&p2yrfrom=2016

Irving: 36PPG per 100 possessions, 6.0 BPM, 1.6 VORP, 3.4 win shares, 774 total minutes

Lowry: 20PPG per 100 possessions, 2.3 BPM, 1.0 VORP, 2.8 win shares, 901 total minutes

Irving absolutely crushes Lowry in pretty much everything! .6 higher VORP and higher win shares despite 127 less minutes hahahhaa and he also has 16PPG higher in per 100 possessions despite only having a whopping 4% lower in assist percentage hahaha

Irving also nearly triples Lowry in BPM at 6.0 vs 2.3

Also Irving actually had star responsibility with a 30.4 usage% compared to Lowry's role player 18.4% usage hahahahaha

Outclassed in every single way, i hope there's a burger king in miami you fatshit because you aint getting no ring.

Chuckbe
09-06-2021, 06:45 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/KNymYpo6R7voIPFNz6/giphy.gif

HBK_Kliq_2
09-06-2021, 06:56 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/KNymYpo6R7voIPFNz6/giphy.gif

and a better dancer then lebron as well, as shown in the GIF

Real Men Wear Green
09-06-2021, 07:02 PM
I'm setting the over/under on Leonard games played at 47.

k0kakw0rld
09-06-2021, 07:19 PM
https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=lowryky01&p1yrfrom=2019&player_id2=irvinky01&p2yrfrom=2016

Irving: 36PPG per 100 possessions, 6.0 BPM, 1.6 VORP, 3.4 win shares, 774 total minutes

Lowry: 20PPG per 100 possessions, 2.3 BPM, 1.0 VORP, 2.8 win shares, 901 total minutes

Irving absolutely crushes Lowry in pretty much everything! .6 higher VORP and higher win shares despite 127 less minutes hahahhaa and he also has 16PPG higher in per 100 possessions despite only having a whopping 4% lower in assist percentage hahaha

Also Irving actually had star responsibility with a 30.4 usage% compared to Lowry's role player 18.4% usage hahahahaha

Outclassed in every single way, i hope there's a burger king in miami you fatshit because you aint getting no ring.
Anybody in their right mind would prefer Lowry in their locker room rather than Kyrie.
Irving may be the better offensive player but Lowry is better at everything else.

Bankaii
09-06-2021, 07:24 PM
Compare Siakam vs Love.
Vanvleet vs JR?
Gasol vs TT?
Ibaka?
Danny Green vs 35 yo RJ?

The raptors didn’t have star power but they were stacked.
And faced a team without their 1st and 3rd best players.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-06-2021, 07:30 PM
I'm setting the over/under on Leonard games played at 47.

47 would be great actually. Some people expect him to miss the full season with his torn acl surgery. He had 3 months recovery time before season even starts, so I would sitting out all season would be a bit much.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-06-2021, 07:31 PM
Anybody in their right mind would prefer Lowry in their locker room rather than Kyrie.
Irving may be the better offensive player but Lowry is better at everything else.

4% higher assist percentage for Lowry despite playing with LeBron who is hogging a lot of the assists.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-06-2021, 07:38 PM
Compare Siakam vs Love.
Vanvleet vs JR?
Gasol vs TT?
Ibaka?
Danny Green vs 35 yo RJ?

The raptors didn’t have star power but they were stacked.
And faced a team without their 1st and 3rd best players.

Siakam vs love is about tie

Vanvleet was terrible for stretches in 2nd and 3rd rounds but I will give him tie vs Jr smith

Gasol vs tristin I like gasol defense but tristin is a way better rebounder

Raptors had a way tougher path in the east and had to face 3 better players then anybody cavs faced in the east (giannis, Embiid and butler), especially champion and mvp Giannis.

As far as finals, Durant wasn't playing on 16 warriors either. Draymond suspended 1 game vs klay injured 1 game and a quarter. Roughly the same but draymond is overall more valuable

3ba11
09-06-2021, 08:19 PM

I get it OP - you're saying that Kawhi's run in 2019 was better than Lebron's in 2016 because Kyrie was so much better than Lowry..

This is entirely true and that's what I've been saying... Kawhi can win with less because he doesn't reduce teammates to spot-up shooter by having a skill restriction to ball-domination.. otoh, Lebron needs more help because his style reduces teammates and prevents the best team strategy (ball movement).

Heck, the only way Jordan's ring quality could be as bad as Lebron's is if Pippen destroyed MVP Barkley and Malone in the Finals like Kyrie did Curry.

Axe
09-06-2021, 08:20 PM
Only one man is responsible for letting them flourish as if they were renowned all-stars never seen before.

8Ball
09-06-2021, 08:22 PM
Kyle Lowry without Kawhi in 2020 was on a 60 win pace :lol

AirBonner
09-06-2021, 08:31 PM
Kawhi’s career high is 45pts meanwhile Tatum has scored 60pts

ELITEpower23
09-06-2021, 08:42 PM
I get it OP - you're saying that Kawhi's run in 2019 was better than Lebron's in 2016 because Kyrie was so much better than Lowry..

This is entirely true and that's what I've been saying... Kawhi can win with less because he doesn't reduce teammates to spot-up shooter by having a skill restriction to ball-domination.. otoh, Lebron needs more help because his style reduces teammates and prevents the best team strategy (ball movement).

Heck, the only way Jordan's ring quality could be as bad as Lebron's is if Pippen destroyed MVP Barkley and Malone in the Finals like Kyrie did Curry.

Unfortunately for you competition matters.

Next :lol

3ba11
09-06-2021, 09:07 PM

Lebron beat the beginner version of the Curry Warriors where Curry/Klay were wetting the bed, while Kawhi beat the experienced version, where Curry/Klay were completely dominating...

And no draymond suspension, while KD played a quarter with 12 points that secured a win.

So it's no comparison... kawhi beat a much better warrior team that included KD and his presence, along with no draymond suspension to change the series... night and day.. carry on

outofstomach
09-07-2021, 07:52 AM

kawhi’s playoff run was infinitely better than lebron’s in 2016, don’t even try to ****ing say other wise either :lol

SaintzFury13
09-07-2021, 10:16 AM
Siakam vs love is about tie

Even though I do actually agree they are a tie, Siakam was much more important to his teams success than Love was. Love barely even played in the finals that the Cavaliers won and Siakam actually dominated Draymond Green on offense.

Vanvleet was terrible for stretches in 2nd and 3rd rounds but I will give him tie vs Jr smith

Terrible for stretches is literally JR Smith in a nut shell. There is no comparison here. VanVleet > Smith.

But then again, I don't know why he's comparing VanVleet to Smith. A better comparison is Green vs Smith since they were the starting two guards. In that retrospect, I would in fact go with Smith. But that just leaves you with Delly vs VanVleet...and in that case you go with VanVleet obviously.

Gasol vs tristin I like gasol defense but tristin is a way better rebounder

This one is even more lopsided. Gasol beats out Thompson and it's not up for debate. A much better offensive player and a much better defender. Yes, Thompson is a much better rebounder but Gasol is simply too great in other areas of the game for it to even matter.

Raptors had a way tougher path in the east and had to face 3 better players then anybody cavs faced in the east (giannis, Embiid and butler), especially champion and mvp Giannis.

As far as finals, Durant wasn't playing on 16 warriors either. Draymond suspended 1 game vs klay injured 1 game and a quarter. Roughly the same but draymond is overall more valuable

This is the only part I do agree with you on, even though the Cavaliers did have it tougher in the finals than the Raptors did. The East was much better that year than any time LeBron ever played there and Kawhi had only been with this Raptors team for one year. He had to go through a dog fight with Philly and the Bucks were no joke either.