PDA

View Full Version : Why is Kawhi’s career high only 45pts?

AirBonner
09-06-2021, 08:13 PM
Meanwhile young guys coming into their own (Tatum) already have a thick 60pts under their belt. Plain and simple Kawhi isn’t a scorer. Kobe MJ Tatum all have scored 60pts or more.

ELITEpower23
09-06-2021, 08:17 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/zXdxv8ph/DamnKiwi.png

Limited skillset like MJ. Shoots too many dumb volume 2s like him too and cannot pass well to open up the defense.

AirBonner
09-06-2021, 08:32 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/zXdxv8ph/DamnKiwi.png

Limited skillset like MJ. Shoots too many dumb volume 2s like him too and cannot pass well to open up the defense.
Kawhi can’t volume score and needs an equal talented teammate to get anywhere

FireDavidKahn
09-06-2021, 08:33 PM
Kawhi can't get it up.

ELITEpower23
09-06-2021, 08:39 PM

100% accurate

Kiwi wasn't built like that

09-07-2021, 11:50 AM
Because hes insanely trash. Worse than tracy Murray & Mike newlin

HBK_Kliq_2
09-07-2021, 08:52 PM
because going all out in the regular season is for chumps that never win anything like Harden and Tatum.

Kawhi has already had 4 different different playoff runs playing at least 10 games and averaging 27PPG or more. Tim Duncan has zero of those, tatum has zero of those, kobe had 6 of those.

So Kawhi will clearly pass up Kobe, run laps around Tatum at this point and embarrass duncan

HBK_Kliq_2
09-07-2021, 08:54 PM

can't volume score besides when he's having the greatest volume scoring playoff title run in NBA history like he did in 2019.

732 points on 62% TS in 2019, go find me a finals MVP who had a better scoring run then that when measuring combined points and TS.

I will be waiting.

AirBonner
09-07-2021, 08:55 PM
Tatum dropped 50pts in the playoffs on Durant. Kawhi can’t touch that

Sportal
09-07-2021, 09:16 PM
because going all out in the regular season is for chumps that never win anything like Harden and Tatum.

Kawhi has already had 4 different different playoff runs playing at least 10 games and averaging 27PPG or more. Tim Duncan has zero of those, tatum has zero of those, kobe had 6 of those.

So Kawhi will clearly pass up Kobe, run laps around Tatum at this point and embarrass duncan

*scoffs* Oh yeah? How has that not playing in the regular season panned out for him so far? Losing to the Nuggets and barely scraping by the Mavs... That is big time. Do you think we'll ever see Kawhi in the Finals again?

Honor Boost
09-07-2021, 10:07 PM
Kawhi Leonard is not focusing his efforts for big scoring games with volume, he is focused on being the most efficient offensive player in NBA history. He has had two playoffs with 133 or higher ORTG. MJ has zero and LBJ has zero and Kawhi has done this twice.

Full Court
09-07-2021, 10:46 PM
I'm really not a fan of Kawhi Leonard because of his load management and diva-like ways. However, the premise of this thread is kind of a silly way to measure talent. Who cares what his career high is? I'd rather take someone who consistently performs than someone who has one really, really high scoring game. In fairness, his 2019 playoff/title run was one of the best ever, and he did it without scoring 60 points.

I mean, OP, do you really think Tatum is a better player than Leonard?

Wally450
09-08-2021, 12:38 PM
*scoffs* Oh yeah? How has that not playing in the regular season panned out for him so far? Losing to the Nuggets and barely scraping by the Mavs... That is big time. Do you think we'll ever see Kawhi in the Finals again?

:oldlol: Not until he has a legit number 1 option that he can play second fiddle to.

tontoz
09-08-2021, 03:26 PM
Hard to score 50 in street clothes.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 03:45 PM

He'll win multiple titles with clippers. Only reason he hasn't so far is because the prison bubble and also injury.

Also had the greatest playoff run in NBA history in 2019 with a total of 732 points on 62% TS

ShawkFactory
09-08-2021, 05:00 PM
He'll win multiple titles with clippers. Only reason he hasn't so far is because the prison bubble and also injury.

Also had the greatest playoff run in NBA history in 2019 with a total of 732 points on 62% TS

That would be Jordan in '91.

You know that though :lol

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 05:04 PM
HBK_Klit hanging on by a thread to 2019. We've had a global pandemic since the last time Kawhi did anything worth talking about. Keep up, Klitty.

Shogon
09-08-2021, 05:05 PM
The "Kawhi is the best player in the world" narrative because the Raptors won the title in 2019 on the luckiest ball bounce in NBA history during the ECF followed up by multiple Warriors All-Stars going down with season ending injuries is one of the most annoying narratives to pop up in my NBA watching career.

I mean don't get me wrong, he's up there, so it's not COMPLETELY laughable... it's just frustrating af watching idiots(most people) determine ranking based on team success and circumstance.

Fast forward to this year... I mean there are honestly people living and breathing that think that Giannis lucking his way into a title now makes him the best player in the world? No? He is the same guy he was the week before, wtf. Which is elite, and up there, and it's arguable... but to switch stances and say it's clear is lunacy.

Sort of like the brain dead takes that Giannis' title means more than other players because he never left the Bucks, lol.

It's like, bitch.... players don't control the front office and the luck of the ping pong balls. They don't control injuries to other teams. It will take yet another plethora of injuries for the Bucks to get back to the Finals, let alone win again. In fact, they got worse because they lost PJ Tucker. Does that mean Giannis has suddenly regressed when they don't win it all next year?

I hate you all.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 05:08 PM
HBK_Klit hanging on by a thread to 2019. We've had a global pandemic since the last time Kawhi did anything worth talking about. Keep up, Klitty.

2021 playoffs leader in win shares:

Kawhi - 2.0
Giannis - 2.0

but you're right, beating luka isn't really worth talking about. Luka is Kawhi's kitty kat and he sure like fuc*ing him hahahahah

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 05:12 PM
That would be Jordan in '91.

You know that though :lol

Kawhi had to beat Embiid\Butler 76ers team

vs

Jordan beating Charles and wait for it....Hersey Hawkins 76ers team hahahahaha Hawkins wow we know who had it tougher there

and of course 2 time MVP Giannis is better then Isiah Thomas, especially post 1990 Isiah who never did anything worth mentioning

So much tougher eastern conference path for Kawhi.

Curry\Draymond and Worthy missing a game = Magic\Divac and Klay missing a game

Overall, kawhi was better and scored a total of 732 points and didn't have anybody on his team as good as 1991 Pippen

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 05:14 PM
The "Kawhi is the best player in the world" narrative because the Raptors won the title in 2019 on the luckiest ball bounce in NBA history during the ECF followed up by multiple Warriors All-Stars going down with season ending injuries is one of the most annoying narratives to pop up in my NBA watching career.

I mean don't get me wrong, he's up there, so it's not COMPLETELY laughable... it's just frustrating af watching idiots(most people) determine ranking based on team success and circumstance.

Fast forward to this year... I mean there are honestly people living and breathing that think that Giannis lucking his way into a title now makes him the best player in the world? No? He is the same guy he was the week before, wtf. Which is elite, and up there, and it's arguable... but to switch stances and say it's clear is lunacy.

Sort of like the brain dead takes that Giannis' title means more than other players because he never left the Bucks, lol.

It's like, bitch.... players don't control the front office and the luck of the ping pong balls. They don't control injuries to other teams. It will take yet another plethora of injuries for the Bucks to get back to the Finals, let alone win again. In fact, they got worse because they lost PJ Tucker. Does that mean Giannis has suddenly regressed when they don't win it all next year?

I hate you all.

Kawhi had the toughest eastern conference path in NBA history beating Embiid\Butler and Giannis\Middelton, not sure what you want.

2019 warriors had Klay missing a game just like Draymond missed a game in 2016 finals.....

SouBeachTalents
09-08-2021, 05:27 PM

I hate you all.
The Giannis one is ridiculous :lol Don't get me wrong, he had a great playoff run and statistically ATG Finals, but it came under literally the luckiest circumstances I've seen in any sport. I don't even feel like listing all the breaks that they caught, it'd take too much time to type out. And the same people praising Giannis for not leaving Milwaukee now would be the same ones clowning him for being a ringless playoff choker had he not caught every conceivable break during these playoffs.

ShawkFactory
09-08-2021, 05:32 PM
Kawhi had to beat Embiid\Butler 76ers team

vs

Jordan beating Charles and wait for it....Hersey Hawkins 76ers team hahahahaha Hawkins wow we know who had it tougher there

and of course 2 time MVP Giannis is better then Isiah Thomas, especially post 1990 Isiah who never did anything worth mentioning

So much tougher eastern conference path for Kawhi.

Curry\Draymond and Worthy missing a game = Magic\Divac and Klay missing a game

Overall, kawhi was better and scored a total of 732 points and didn't have anybody on his team as good as 1991 Pippen

He was not. That's the entire point :lol

I know you didn't watch 1991 Jordan though.

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 05:34 PM

Kawhi - 2.0
Giannis - 2.0

but you're right, beating luka isn't really worth talking about. Luka is Kawhi's kitty kat and he sure like fuc*ing him hahahahah

It shouldn't be, Luka is 3 years into his career and on a worse team. Now let's talk about 7'1 Brian Windhorst shitting all over Kawhi in a mickey mouse bubble hahahahah.

tontoz
09-08-2021, 05:41 PM
Luka averaged 36/10/8 in the playoffs against the Clippers over 2 years. He abused them just doesnt have enough help. He hasn't had the chance to stack the deck like Kawhi.

SouBeachTalents
09-08-2021, 05:42 PM
That is crazy when you think about it. We were living in a pre covid world where Donald Trump was president, Kobe was still alive, no one knew who George Floyd was, and wearing masks in public was never even considered when that playoff run happened :lol

I will say though, blowing a 3-1 lead while scoring 14 points on 6/22 in Game 7 was definitely worth talking about

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 05:47 PM
Luka averaged 36/10/8 in the playoffs against the Clippers over 2 years. He abused them just doesnt have enough help. He hasn't had the chance to stack the deck like Kawhi.

Exactly. Swap the two and Luka's jizzing all over Kawhit, just the way Klitty above likes it.

That is crazy when you think about it. We were living in a pre covid world where Donald Trump was president, Kobe was still alive, no one knew who George Floyd was, and wearing masks in public was never even considered when that playoff run happened :lol

I will say though, blowing a 3-1 lead while scoring 14 points on 6/22 in Game 7 was definitely worth talking about

Damn I didn't even think about it to 'that' extent. HBK hanging onto shit Kawhit did when we lived pretty much in an alternate reality to where the world is now. :oldlol:

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 05:53 PM
It shouldn't be, Luka is 3 years into his career and on a worse team. Now let's talk about 7'1 Brian Windhorst shitting all over Kawhi in a mickey mouse bubble hahahahah.

I don't acknowledge YMCA basketball (the bubble).

Kawhi went 4-0 against Luka in the 2021 playoffs on his home court in front of his fans

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 05:54 PM

stack the deck when his 2nd best player Kyle Lowry has never even made an all nba 2nd team. Luka's fatass just doesn't play good enough defense and is a ballhog, he'll never beat goat kawhi.

SouBeachTalents
09-08-2021, 05:55 PM

Kawhi went 4-0 against Luka in the 2021 playoffs on his home court in front of his fans
And the Clippers went 2-0 without Kawhi against the team with the best record in the league

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 05:56 PM

Who led the 2021 playoffs in offensive win shares? check and let me know

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2021_leaders.html

SouBeachTalents
09-08-2021, 05:58 PM

Ayton finished 3rd, literally .1 behind Kawhi. While other offensive powerhouses like Seth Curry & Rudy Gobert finished in the top 10, which should tell you how relevant that statistic is :lol

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 05:59 PM
And the Clippers went 2-0 without Kawhi against the team with the best record in the league

1-0 because Conley wasn't playing in one of those. So they had one miracle comeback from 25 points to win, nothing special at all, they are like the 2019 clippers without Kawhi.

0-2 against Cameron Payne hahahhahaha and then Chris Paul just needed to wear off the quarantine rust before he blew your ass out by 35 points on your home court in game 6

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 06:00 PM
Ayton finished 3rd literally .1 behind Kawhi, should tell you how relevant that statistic is :lol

The two best players are at the top Kawhi and Giannis, should tell you how accurate that statistic is.

Ayton is a #1 draft pick who played 800+ minutes, not sure why him being high would kill the list.

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 06:04 PM

So Kawhit failed in YMCA level basketball? That's not a great argument bucko.

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 06:06 PM

So by this metric, Reggie Jackson and Seth Curry are top 10 players. Sounds legit.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 06:17 PM
So by this metric, Reggie Jackson and Seth Curry are top 10 players. Sounds legit.

They were roughly top 10 offensive players in the playoffs, yes.

Curry was outstanding in that 76ers series.

Reggie Jackson benefited from Kawhi's leadership as well.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 06:20 PM
So Kawhit failed in YMCA level basketball? That's not a great argument bucko.

pretty much, yeah. The NBA had to make money and trapped everybody inside of a prison with no fans. It wasn't about basketball anymore, it was about who can survive the prison. That's what led to massive upsets like Jimmy Butler beating Giannis and Jokic beating Kawhi.

Even though Jokic didn't even lead nuggets in points, assists, or win shares (that was jamal murray) and then got swept the next years playoffs in embarrassing fashion. jokic is a piece of shit and he'll forever be living off a 2nd round win at the YMCA when he was the sidekick to Murray.

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 06:22 PM

But that's not why you posted that link. You posted whatever you thought would back up your agenda about Kawhi being the best( or 2nd best) player in general. Because it also has players on the list that debunk the idea of using it for that purpose, you sidestep to 'oh they were the best offensive players in the playoffs.'

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 06:25 PM
pretty much, yeah. The NBA had to make money and trapped everybody inside of a prison with no fans. It wasn't about basketball anymore, it was about who can survive the prison. That's what led to massive upsets like Jimmy Butler beating Giannis and Jokic beating Kawhi.

Even though Jokic didn't even lead nuggets in points, assists, or win shares (that was jamal murray) and then got swept the next years playoffs in embarrassing fashion. jokic is a piece of shit and he'll forever be living off a 2nd round win at the YMCA when he was the sidekick to Murray.

So Kawhi got jizzed on by Jamal Murray who was just in his 2nd playoffs, and in a YMCA mickey mouse environment? Yikes.

tontoz
09-08-2021, 07:16 PM

Kawhi's leadership? He missed their last 8 playoff games while Reggie dropped 20+ in 6 of those 8 games.

tontoz
09-08-2021, 07:20 PM
stack the deck when his 2nd best player Kyle Lowry has never even made an all nba 2nd team. Luka's fatass just doesn't play good enough defense and is a ballhog, he'll never beat goat kawhi.

Kawhi's current "sidekick" was 3rd in the MVP race in spite of a bad shoulder that needed surgery.......before he joined Kawhi.

That same guy led them to 4 playoff wins against the top 2 seeds, without Kawhi.

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 07:50 PM
Kawhi's leadership? He missed their last 8 playoff games while Reggie dropped 20+ in 6 of those 8 games.

That's fools retort would be that the leadership effect is residual or some shit. Meanwhile, it's commonly known all around the league about Kawhi's lack of leadership and stealthy selfishness that's flown under the radar due to his demeanor.

outofstomach
09-09-2021, 12:34 AM

Kawhi - 2.0
Giannis - 2.0

but you're right, beating luka isn't really worth talking about. Luka is Kawhi's kitty kat and he sure like fuc*ing him hahahahahdid no one else see this?

hold this L
09-09-2021, 01:23 AM

The most pointless stat of the thread, congratulations

HBK_Kliq_2
09-09-2021, 01:41 AM
Kawhi's current "sidekick" was 3rd in the MVP race in spite of a bad shoulder that needed surgery.......before he joined Kawhi.

That same guy led them to 4 playoff wins against the top 2 seeds, without Kawhi.

He finished top 10 in 2016 and that's it hahahahah he has no 2nd team all NBA selections or 1st teams. Biggest bum ever for a sidekick. Draymond Green has even finished higher in MVP voting (7th in 2016).

Got swept in the 2nd round and got your coach fired the season before Kawhi arrived.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-09-2021, 01:43 AM
The most pointless stat of the thread, congratulations

He was ripping on Kawhi's volume scoring. I showed him his playoff runs with volume scoring. Not sure how that's pointless. If you just want a single playoff run, then he has the greatest high volume scoring playoff run of all time in 2019 (732 points on 62% TS).

tontoz
09-09-2021, 09:35 AM
PG13 was 1st team All-NBA in 2019.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_2021-09-09_9.33.22_AM.png

RRR3
09-09-2021, 09:40 AM

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_2021-09-09_9.33.22_AM.png
Damn. Kawhi ball ruined him. Notice how when Kawhi got injured PG turned back into a superstar and beat the best team in the league :applause:

Axe
09-10-2021, 10:20 AM
:oldlol: Not until he has a legit number 1 option that he can play second fiddle to.
You think giannis is a fraud but the Cs got their asses bounced by them during the 2019 semifinals. Later in the ecf, kawhi and the raptors wiped them off. Oh, and both also won rings in the east first than tatum too. :oldlol:

j3lademaster
09-10-2021, 01:10 PM
1-0 because Conley wasn't playing in one of those. So they had one miracle comeback from 25 points to win, nothing special at all, they are like the 2019 clippers without Kawhi.

0-2 against Cameron Payne hahahhahaha and then Chris Paul just needed to wear off the quarantine rust before he blew your ass out by 35 points on your home court in game 6So Utah losing Conley is equivalent to LA losing Kawhi?

j3lademaster
09-10-2021, 01:11 PM

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_2021-09-09_9.33.22_AM.pngThat proves it. Westbrook is the better teammate.

TheAnchorman
09-10-2021, 02:41 PM
Because he isn't a volume scorer by playstyle, he's a late bloomer offensively, he does load management and he gets injured too much. Dude doesnt get enough opportunities to score 50 or 60, guy is already 30 years old and doesnt even have 20k minutes played.

AirBonner
09-10-2021, 02:56 PM
Because he isn't a volume scorer by playstyle, he's a late bloomer offensively, he does load management and he gets injured too much. Dude doesnt get enough opportunities to score 50 or 60, guy is already 30 years old and doesnt even have 20k minutes played.

True. A player with that few minutes can’t reach the top 10

TheAnchorman
09-10-2021, 03:02 PM
True. A player with that few minutes can’t reach the top 10

Just to put things into perspective, ESPN puts out all these arbitrary milestones like "X player is the youngest or 2nd youngest to have ever reached 10,000 points" blah blah blah. Those are usually reserved for young greats or scorers, like Durant reaching it at 24 or Kobe at 24, Bron at 23, etc. Kawhi didn't even reach 10,000 points as a player until just this past season with the Clippers. And the dude is already 30.

Phoenix
09-10-2021, 03:13 PM
Kawhi will give you an efficient 30 but he doesnt have the gunner mentality to just go off on you for 60. You think about someone like Curry who could get red hot and go off for double digit 3s, Kobe may be the best hot streak scorer ever, MJ could get hot and just go off.. ..Kawhi doesnt have that gear to just go off like that.

insidehoops
10-12-2021, 11:55 AM
Lots of mixed feelings on Kawhi as a scorer out there.

Kblaze8855
10-12-2021, 01:15 PM
732 points on 62% TS in 2019, go find me a finals MVP who had a better scoring run then that when measuring combined points and TS.

I will be waiting.

How anyone keeps making the playoff run scoring total argument is beyond me. Even ignoring that there are more rounds now, longer series(no more 3 or 5s), and no bye for first seeds….

Scoring more requires losing more. If you sweep the playoffs doing 45ppg on 90% shooting you couldn’t meet your criteria because you wouldn’t play enough games….

Being too dominant reduces playoff scoring totals.

Shit like this is why I can’t read ish anymore. Too many obviously stupid arguments I let myself get drawn into.

Phoenix
10-12-2021, 01:32 PM
How anyone keeps making the playoff run scoring total argument is beyond me. Even ignoring that there are more rounds now, longer series(no more 3 or 5s), and no bye for first seeds….

Scoring more requires losing more. If you sweep the playoffs doing 45ppg on 90% shooting you couldn’t meet your criteria because you wouldn’t play enough games….

Being too dominant reduces playoff scoring totals.

Shit like this is why I can’t read ish anymore. Too many obviously stupid arguments I let myself get drawn into.

He references that in half of his posts. The trolls from 10 years ago were far more creative and at least inspired the occasional chuckle.

10-13-2021, 04:17 AM
Kawhi has never had a Finals series with 20+ ppg against a healthy team

Axe
10-13-2021, 05:19 AM
Kawhi has never had a Finals series with 20+ ppg against a healthy team
Yep, let's act as if he did play in more than three finals series.

10-13-2021, 05:57 AM
Yep, let's act as if he did play in more than three finals series.
Only 3 finals? Pathetic

SaintzFury13
10-13-2021, 06:24 AM

The Heat beating the Bucks wasn't a massive upset at all. Many people, myself included, felt that Miami matched up really well against Milwaukee and were a better team. You had to literally be clueless about the sport of basketball to think that was in anyway an upset.

SaintzFury13
10-13-2021, 06:25 AM

Kyle Lowery was not the Raptors second best player that year. Siakam had already surpassed him halfway through the season and Marc Gasol was also superior. And if you want to ask what makes Marc Gasol so good, ask Joel Embiid.

Axe
10-13-2021, 07:34 AM
Only 3 finals? Pathetic
Well he would have made four if he wasn't foul played by zaza four years ago, dummy.

10-13-2021, 07:36 AM
Well he would have made four if he wasn't foul played by zaza four years ago, dummy.

He "would have" made four, which means he only has three, correct?

Axe
10-13-2021, 07:44 AM
:blah
:roll: